March 30, 2016 by The ReadyWriter

Indepenent-woman-shaidysworldIn today’s society  women are high achievers, successful and financially secure. They’re buying homes and investing in property and basically holding their own. Women are no longer waiting on the dream of meeting a prince and living in his home with 2.5 children and the white picket fence. Today’s women are independently stable and self-sufficient.

The successful woman have choices because they no longer need to worry about some man supporting or taking care of them? However, if you’re a woman who is in the top 10% of earners and you INSIST that your man out earn you, then you’ve now eliminated 90% of the dating population. And that’s before you’ve considered kindness, compatibility, attraction, values, height, weight, age, humor, children, etc. Doesn’t that sound like a self-defeating edict? Sure does.

Tune-in tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST on Conversations Of A Sistah” via Blog Talk Radio as I weigh in on the subject “Should Women date -or- Marry a man who makes LESS money than she does?”

I will be taking calls in the studio at 1-917-889-7872, just press “1” to speak with the operator.

Click the “Conversations link” in this post to access the show! ~ See you on the air!

100 thoughts on “Would you still Date -or- Marry Him, if he made “Less Money than you?” on “Conversations Of A Sistah

1. Princess says:

Um No!!
    The answer is NO!!! Yea I need him to make more money!

2. Mittsey says:

It’s not about the money you make it’s about his willingness to share your very last dime. O_o

This is B.S. Trace!!!!
    In life shit happens. You lose jobs, you may get sick, shit happens that sometimes altar your life. And if I’m married I would want my wife to cover me. Just like she would want me to cover her.

Good mornin

For me, the question is “what do I want WITH him? What can we build together?

Well for me, I don’t think he has to have more money than me for us to build a life together. But he has to have something that is foundational to our success as a couple.

7. Random says:

Yea… if I gotta give up my nice lifestyle of living and eating in the best of restaurants, I would have a problem 😛

8. Random says:

I’m soooooooo past the man as provider & breadwinner bullshit.
    If we are becoming family, then I can give what I have & he can give what he has too. If he doesn’t, we cannot move forward. It’s that plain and simple O_o

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem if a sister makes more than me And you better believe that JACK! Still don’t mean I ain’t gon take care of my household and hold my own.

10. Zion says:

She can make whateva she wants I’ll still take care of her. In fact I would take issue if she made more than me. 🙂

man and women should both be equal in this matter imo

12. BrownGurl says:

I sure would marry my man if he made less. hell love is too hard to find nowadayz to be bargaining somebody’s damn salary.

I don’t know why this post reminded me of this song.

Yeah I’d marry and date him. If that were my case.

15. henriettagreen38 says:

Love is love the money shouldn’t matter

Love is love the money shouldn’t matter
      *******
      TRUE indeed but LOVE is not going to pay that rent/mortgage Boo and you damn sure can’t fuck until the lights come on either. #Justsaying

• henriettagreen38 says:

Lol 🙂 but please don’t call me boo.

So if the woman don’t mind making more money than she won’t mind going half on her ring and half on the rent. Bad enuff you going half on da baby. O_o NO not me…..a man needs to be able to do for me what I can’t do for myself. If I can do it for me then I don’t need him. and dyck you can get anywhere, even if it comes with batteries.

• Daisy says:

a man needs to be able to do for me what I can’t do for myself.
      What God has for U is for U and I don’t think he put a price tag on it. Just my .2cents

If your man makes less, then that means you will downsize on your lifestyle. I’m speaking from experience. Unless he has his own business with the potential to grow then NO ladies, get the man who is on your level financially. #dontjudgeme

I say “YES” when you LOVE someone it really doesn’t matter.

A man having to make more than his woman being a criteria is a traditional role but in today’s society a lot of women are laying that aside as they ascertain what’s more important. a fat bank account or a lonely bed? you do the math . LOL

It would be so fucked up if she did make more money than me and I was madly in love with her and she couldn’t wrap her head around ‘US’ and OUR FUTURE because of our salary differences. Depending on how she’s handle it would be a wake-up call for me and that’s real talk….

21. Soldier1 says:

Mm ok
    As men, we get the privilege to choose, but we have to remember that we need to give her something worth accepting.

22. Bballen says:

Ok Trace how does a woman make them feel as a man if she makes more? Cause some women can be mean about it.

23. Valerie says:

Tracy what about those many women who have experienced men using them for money when they do make more?

24. Valerie says:

Ion know this question can turn a relationship into money issues and this can be a complete turn off!

25. Xmen says:

Ion know Trace, dating a woman who makes more money than me might be a bit of a blow to a brothaz self esteem. His ego

26. Xmen says:

Is that fine ass Amorosa uptop? Lawd Sheesus

27. PointMen says:

Nah see………………I have this need to Provide for my woman. If she making more than she’ll shell out more and I can’t have that. O hell NO!!!

So Point, you wouldn’t date a woman who made more than you?

• Pointmen says:

So Point, you wouldn’t date a woman who made more than you?
      ——-
      Probably not. But it’s hard to say I’m not in that kind of a situation as of yet.

• Mrs says:

Point,
      Money is one of the leading causes of trouble in relationships. Try not to ever let money get in the way of how you feel about a person. At the end of the day it does not matter how much money we have if we do not have love. 🙂

As long as we had a clear understanding I’m good. Because you never know when the roles could be reversed in a relationship.

29. Mrs says:

I’m a nurse and my husband bounced because his salary couldn’t match mine. He allowed it to destroy what we meant to each other. so this is a real question for some honest discussion because believe it or not people, money can be touchy in relationships. so much so that they die off quick.

sometimes if you try and match salary against salary you can miss out on a good thing. and at the end of the day money is a very important factor in a relationship but so is growing old rich and alone.

looking 4ward to tonight’s conversation.

Good show Tracy ended it early though.

32. Flo says:

Ooh chile good show last nite but that caller from CA was a hot ass mess!
    Dude was taking 4ever to get to his point!
    Kudos Tra because U tried to work with him until you cut his ass short 😛

CoSign Flo but he was trying to say that women have more options and educational privileges than men even when being promoted in the work place. It just took him 4ever to make his point.

• Aceman says:

Dat kneegrow just wanted to hear himself talk.

I make more money than my BF but he make up for that in so many other areas. We work it out because we LUV each other and yes he is planning a future with me. 🙂 I loved that Blog Queen covered this topic.

34. AppleBottom says:

“Would you still Date -or- Marry Him, if he made “Less Money than you?”

YUP!!!

I’m catching the show now…..Trace never ever dated a broke nigga. now why am I NOT surprised by that shit? you can tell she’s high maintenance.

Men are providers at heart thank you Tracy for acknowledging that. And yes money matters.

$68.00 dollars on a meal Trace? Dayum!!!! That’s Micky D’s and Wendy’s 5x over LOL

That caller was full of more shit than 1, this is the divided states of America. and he can get those same opportunities as women. Loved this topic and I can’t speak 4anyone else but that’s something to think about and consider.

“Would you date or marry a man who makes less money?”
    ——-
    Mm it depends and after hearing this show it gave me a lot to think about O_o

Great topic and great conversation Ms. Bell. You keep us intrigued 😛

I just heard the show again. I love how Tracy handled that caller. I’m too scared to call in I’d be too scared. I get nervous when I think about it. 🙂

I like when Trace said “Until next week Good night and bye-bye!”

43. Neesey says: