Books, Cissy Houston, New Book Release, Scandal, What she said, Whitney Houston

Cissy Houston Out Promoting Her New Book


Cissy-Houston-Book

Just two weeks shy of the anniversary death of her daughter Whitney Houston, Cissy Houston is making her rounds promoting her new memoir, “Remembering Whitney”.

The elderly mother of the late singer makes no qualms about how she thought Bobby Brown wasn’t good enough for her daughter.

“I tried to tell Nippy [Cissy’s nickname for Whitney] that I didn’t think Bobby was good for her.”

Cissy not only disses about her feelings regarding Bobby, but she chimes in on Bobbi Kristina as well. Bobbi Kristina is said to be a bit upset about how her grandmother writes of her worries that Whitney’s only child could possibly be lured into the trap of addiction. It’s well-known that Cissy Houston has been unhappy with stories about Bobbi Kristina’s hard partying — and allegations of drinking and drug use.

And although Cissy wrote the book as a loving reminder of what a great talent Whitney was, she also don’t want the way she died to define how she is remembered. Unfortunately “it will” because Whitney gained the world, only to lose her soul to drug abuse.

Cissy’s interview with Oprah airs tonight on OWN. Check your local listing for detailed show time.

Childrens Shows, Drama, Failed Relationships, Homosexuality, Kevin Clash, Law and order, Scandal, Sesame Street, Sex

The Voice Behind Elmo Resigns…


He had his dream job, the opportunity of a lifetime, yet the devil in the details “killed it” and it all came crashing down.

Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has resigned from “Sesame Street” in the wake of an allegation that he had sex with an underage youth. In its statement Tuesday, Sesame Workshop said “the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want,” leading Clash to conclude “that he can no longer be effective in his job.”

In a statement of his own, Clash said “personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately.”

As the announcement was made, a lawsuit was being filed in federal court in New York charging Clash with sexual abuse of a second youth. The lawsuit alleges that Cecil Singleton, then 15 and now an adult, was persuaded by Clash to meet for sexual encounters.

The lawsuit seeks damages in excess of $5 million.

Clash, who had been on “Sesame Street” for 28 years, created the high-pitched voice and child-like persona for Elmo, a furry, red Muppet that became one of the most popular characters on the show and one of the company’s most lucrative properties.

Clash’s exit followed a tumultuous week that began on Nov. 12 with a statement from the company that Clash had requested a leave of absence following the charge by a man in his early 20s that he’s had a relationship with Clash when he was 16.

Clash denied the charge from that man, who has not been publicly identified, calling it “false and defamatory.”

Clash, a 52-year-old divorced father of a grown daughter, acknowledged that he is gay and the sex with the first accuser was consensual.

Down Low, Kevin Clash, Scandal, Sesame Street

‘Elmo’ Paid His Accuser 6 Figures for His Silence…


Just as we thought: Kevin Clash, the man behind the voice of Sesame Street’s iconic puppet Elmo, bought his accuser’s silence for $125K, TMZ reports. In addition to cutting a phat check, Clash and his attorneys demanded a retraction of public statements that his accuser Sheldon Stephens made about having underage sex with the puppeteer.

In a prelude to a lawsuit, Stephens claimed he had sexual relations with Clash, 52, when he was only 16.

Multiple sources tell TMZ that Clash and his attorneys met with Stephens and his legal team to hand over the check — and to hash out an agreement that included only one stipulation:

Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement … ‘He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.’”

The settlement document goes on to say if Stephens is asked by anyone about his relationship with Clash, he must only repeat the statement [above] in the settlement that recants his story.

We’ve learned although Stephens signed the document, he continues to insist Clash had sex with him when he was a minor and was pressured into signing the settlement.

One source privy to the negotiations tells TMZ … Stephens was crying during final negotiations and repeatedly insisted he didn’t want to sign.

Childrens Shows, Controversy, Down Low, Kevin Clash, Scandal, Sesame Street, Sex, Television/Radio

Elmo puppeteer Had Under Age Relationship


Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who performs as Elmo on “Sesame Street” is taking a leave of absence from the popular kids’ show in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy. Clash who denies the charges, which were first made in June by the alleged partner, who by then was 23.

“We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action,” Sesame Workshop said in a statement issued Monday. “We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation.”

The Sesame Street organization described the relationship between Clash and the accuser as personal and “unrelated to the workplace.” Its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. But it said Clash exercised “poor judgment” and was disciplined for violating company policy regarding Internet usage and they offered no details.

“I had a relationship with (the accuser),” Clash told TMZ. “It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not.”

At his request, Clash has been granted a leave of absence in order to “protect his reputation,” Sesame Workshop said. 52-year-old Clash, is the divorced father of a grown daughter and has been a puppeteer for “Sesame Street” since 1984. “Sesame Street” is currently in production, but other puppeteer’s are prepared to fill in for Clash during his absence.

Child abuse, Crime, Law and order, News, Scandal, What he said

Jerry Sandusky Sentenced!


After four months behind bars, former assistant Penn State football coach and predatory pedophile, Jerry Sandusky was sentenced today to 30 to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing 10 young boys over a period of 15 years. Sandusky has been in prison since his sentencing on June 22 and judging from the picture comparison above, prison and the shock of being convicted; is taking a toll on him already.

Sandusky is maintaining and insisting he’s innocent after releasing the following statement, which reveals his defiance:

“I didn’t do these alleged disgusting acts,” he said, echoing a statement he made on radio yesterday. “I speak today with hope in my heart for a brighter day…this is the worst loss of my life.”

However, three victims spoke in court and lead prosecutor Joseph McGettigan read letters from a victim and the mother of another boy abused by Sandusky.

“It’s time to stop coming up with excuses for your behavior,” said the first victim to speak, adding that the abuse led him to Christianity. “If you remain in denial…you won’t be able to receive the forgiveness that only He [God] offers.”

“The sentencing of Jerry Sandusky will never erase what he did to me,” said one man, “but he must pay for his crimes for which he has been properly convicted of.”

“You should be ashamed of yourself,” said another victim. “I want you to know I don’t forgive you and never will forgive you.“

Prosecutors concluded and which I agree, that Jerry Sandusky is a sick, disturbed man,” who targeted “the most vulnerable kids of all, kids in need.”

Sandusky will most likely die behind bars.