‘Elmo’ Paid His Accuser 6 Figures for His Silence…

November 18, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Just as we thought: Kevin Clash, the man behind the voice of Sesame Street’s iconic puppet Elmo, bought his accuser’s silence for $125K, TMZ reports. In addition to cutting a phat check, Clash and his attorneys demanded a retraction of public statements that his accuser Sheldon Stephens made about having underage sex with the puppeteer.

In a prelude to a lawsuit, Stephens claimed he had sexual relations with Clash, 52, when he was only 16.

Multiple sources tell TMZ that Clash and his attorneys met with Stephens and his legal team to hand over the check — and to hash out an agreement that included only one stipulation:

Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement … ‘He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.’”

The settlement document goes on to say if Stephens is asked by anyone about his relationship with Clash, he must only repeat the statement [above] in the settlement that recants his story.

We’ve learned although Stephens signed the document, he continues to insist Clash had sex with him when he was a minor and was pressured into signing the settlement.

One source privy to the negotiations tells TMZ … Stephens was crying during final negotiations and repeatedly insisted he didn’t want to sign.

90 thoughts on “‘Elmo’ Paid His Accuser 6 Figures for His Silence…

Wow, Elmo must be balling! I’m hoping this story will go away now.

Thanks for the weekend post Tracy!

His accusation was baseless. I doubt he had any proof, and I doubt he was crying. He sounds like a scorned lover, based on his criminal history I wouldn’t believe him.

• bobby says:

COSIGN!!!!!
        ~~~~~~~~~
        COSIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        ************
        and cosign.
        gay ass

Elmo looks like he is smelling Kevin’s fingers in that pic…

Of course he paid this lil pretty nigga. why else would he retrack his LIE!!! Money was the motive and botton line from the jump.

Faggs and their drama, I tell you.

you gotta be careful when you’re in the limelight, people will always seek out ya weaknesses for the sake of making money. smh. 😦 sad.

Morning everyone….It’s Thanksgiving week 🙂 can’t wait to have some days off!!!

It’s embarassing to even know he PAID this young boy to recant his story. so what’s the truth??? he wanted money all along? SMH messed up.

8. sane says:

I just can’t fathom another man sticking his JOHNSOn up my ass. I can’t fathom anybody playin in my ass period!!!! unless it’s Rihanna or Nicki Minaj. 🙂 LOL

These motherfuckers out here just plain nasty.

9. yes says:

they are some stupid idiots! both of them

so it was black mail all along. wow.

ok can we move on from this story i’m so tired of elmo and the sesame street gang attack.

11. alscream says:

Never trust a nigga with eyes that close together

12. 2Thick says:

Clash was probably taring that young booty up.

perversion at its best..DISGUSTING!

13. Applebottom says:

With the industry having soooo many pedophiles running things and the fact that this ‘Elmo’ character brings in millions and millions of dollars. I knew this would quickly and quietly go away and be swept under the rugs that already hides most of their dirt. Who didn’t know that Hollyweird would take care of ‘Elmo’.

Why should Elmo have to pay this lover. This guy has a checkered past. Elmo should have done his research on his boy toy. I wouldn’t have paid him shit. I would have got his sorry ass for Black mail. So what he’s gay. If I had to guess, Elmo isn’t the only gay man on the Sesame street set.

This young man was scorned. Faggs always want revenge when you’ve hurt them. I’m sure Clash sees the money as a parting gift but ole dude wanted to ruin his career in the process. Big deal Elmo is gay but it’s a bigger deal cause young dudie made a scandal out of it. SMH Sad!

Proverbs 5:21 For a man’s ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths.
    ************************************************

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
    ************************************************

Jeremiah 23:24 Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD.
    ************************************************

Eww! If a person finds someone of the same sex physically attractive or “good looking” that does not mean it should be acceptable for them to also find that person sexually attractive. No wonder some people are confused, twisted and experimental when it comes to sexuality..UGH!!!

He should’ve held out for $500,000.00.

Kevin Clash is worth millions and Stephens already knew that. Greedy lawyers should’ve had more patience.

• RandomChick says:

@Bird: I agree with you. He settled pretty darn quick. Perhaps he did not want more details about his past coming out or maybe he has tried this with other men? If he is not telling the truth it makes things harder for those who do have to report abuse. SMH…

Now if he was taken advantage of when he was 16 it was wrong, wrong, wrong! I would like to know: why now? Are there more teen boys in Mr. Clash’s past?

if something like that happened to me, one i wouldnt wait years until i said some thing but if i felt that violated, i am not taking any money to shut my mouth

Black dudes go gaga over LSLH boys too huh. When I look at pics of gay latino or gay phillipino’s I just think “gay playboy”, and like they came to the states because they could get taken of by rich American men and become a star like what Versace’s killer Andrew Cunanan thought.

That negro mad because he no longer “fits” the bill. 125K is not much by today’s standards but okie dokie fine.

Honey Elmo *pardon me* Clash has way more to hide; it’ll come out. Let’s just wait and see. Punks gonna be coming out of everywhere to get a check!

22. AnnaB says:

I don’t know rather he lied or not but, sometimes companies will pay off lies as well just to make the accuser go away instead of having to drag a court case out in the media.

Poor little Elmo looks distraught in that pic

I think this whole thing is sad and unfortunate….. Elmo trickin….I CANT!

If you’re a broke gold-diggin HUSTLER…$125k can seem like a fortune.

The question on my mind now is..will other “alleged victims” come out of the woodwork after getting wind of this settlement?

Let this be a warning to all men who prefer young playmates…the younger they are…the harder YOU fall!

26. Cindy says:

well damn ain’t he purty! Not trying to be funny, but when gay or lesbian Black couples see members date outside their race like in the case of Frank and his boo, is it frowned upon?

Just because “elmo” is a celebrity doesnt mean the young mans story isnt true, not saying it is true. But in most of these cases your past ends up working against you. They began a relationship when he was 16 but he lied about his age and told “elmo” he was 18.

• Gia says:

Nicole, He probably was of age, but had too much dirt on Clash to walk away empty handed.

28. FloridaGurl says:

I see reality show stardom in his future.

29. BigBoy says:

Hoes be winning.

Tricking aint easy.

It aint tricking if you got it.

Pimps up…hoes down.

male whore that’s all he is.
    he wanted to get paid and that’s what he got. “you lay down with a dog and wake up with flease” holds true for faggs too

top of the morning fam

I SEE THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IS BECOMING LUCRATIVE, SOMETHING FOR LITTLE GAY BOYS TO ASPIRE TO BE-SCANDALOUS

THE LEVEL OF PERVERSION IS RATCHET,

Tra can we get a non gay related post?

I’m tired of talking about homos on na real.

Mr. Clash paid cash for dat ass. 🙂 I hope it wasn’t bad LMMFAO!!!!

I was hoping he didnt pay him off and that kevins lawyers just got in that azz. welp. cant really give anyone the benefit of the doubt now a days.
    gives me the case of the sads….

i cosign bballen hetro men don’t wanna entertain homo talk.

new post please tra sometime today

It’s hard out here for a pimp

Elmo looks so sad. Poor Elmo

And the young man was dumped by his legal team…He probably was of age, but had too much dirt on Clash to walk away empty handed.

First he said he was 16, then he said he wasn’t.

First he talked as if, Clash took advantage of him, now he’s saying it was consentual…get this confused HOMO outta here!!!! Cause he’s full of shit.!!!

New post palease!!!

40. glvm@msn.com says:

There is more to this….I don’t believe it! $125K is not that much money, the lawyers will get all that + Your lawyer works for YOU…he can’t make you sign anything you don’t want to, you tell him when to settle, not the other way around. And if this settlement was based on him recanting his story I am sure a gag order was attached. That means with all this coming out he wouldn’t get nothing. Sometimes TMZ scares me because everybody think what they report is gospel.

41. yes says:

OH MO ELMO!!!!!

42. Mrs. says:

he paid one another one came out today. all these young duded looking for a check. Dumb ass!!!!!

43. sane says:

Dude is done people.

he paid one and now he’s bout to pay another.

ion know, fuckin wit young boys is pervy as it is but a homo on top of that is just 😦 UGH!

Guess it ain’t over till it’s over.SMH

it gets more twisted by the day.