Elmo puppeteer Had Under Age Relationship

November 12, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who performs as Elmo on “Sesame Street” is taking a leave of absence from the popular kids’ show in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy. Clash who denies the charges, which were first made in June by the alleged partner, who by then was 23.

“We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action,” Sesame Workshop said in a statement issued Monday. “We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation.”

The Sesame Street organization described the relationship between Clash and the accuser as personal and “unrelated to the workplace.” Its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. But it said Clash exercised “poor judgment” and was disciplined for violating company policy regarding Internet usage and they offered no details.

“I had a relationship with (the accuser),” Clash told TMZ. “It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not.”

At his request, Clash has been granted a leave of absence in order to “protect his reputation,” Sesame Workshop said. 52-year-old Clash, is the divorced father of a grown daughter and has been a puppeteer for “Sesame Street” since 1984. “Sesame Street” is currently in production, but other puppeteer’s are prepared to fill in for Clash during his absence.

103 thoughts on “Elmo puppeteer Had Under Age Relationship

sad all these pervs want tight butt young boy booty. ill…

2. sane says:

Guess Elmo was tickled for real, damn

Lawd @Sane, he has killed Elmo’s career

• Mahogany says:

Lawd @Sane, he has killed Elmo’s career
        *******************************************
        Yeah Tamala, thats a wrap he black and gay…Lawd, help Elmo through this troubling time.

• Pinky says:

Ladies.,
        I imagine this will cause damage to the brand this Christmas season. They will fire him, a few more males will come forward, they will get paid. It will be swept under the rug by January

• ManUp says:

Hey Ceo Ladies, Dude wanted this all his life and one piece of dick is gonna take him down.

Lawd @Sane, he has killed Elmo’s career
        *******************************************
        Nah I don’t think so…
        Elmo is Sesame Street…he’s going back once this bullshit dies down

Lawd @Sane, he has killed Elmo’s career
        *******************************************
        Like they said this morning on Channel 4, Elmo is bigger than one person time will tell if they’ll fire him. we’ll see.

Hell he look trey-gay…1st Petraeus, now Elmo. damn is erbody horny?

wow!
    Sounds like the cash flow stopped and the boy/man/accuser is pissed so he OUTED homeboy. Dats so fucked up.

If he was soo pressed, why didn’t he speak up 7 years ago? A 16 year old knows what sexual abuse is.

Wow, Elmo’s a pedophile. Who knew? Fucked up.

7. yes says:

Nightmare on Sesame Street
    Dayum!!

If its true I’m not shocked nor surprised. Something about Elmo and this dude has always creeped me out

Sesame Street is a gay show so…not surprised at all
    SMH

Sesame Street is a gay show so…not surprised at all
      _____________

NO! I don’t think Sesame Street is a gay show, nor do I think ELMO is gay. The man who sticks his hand up Elmo’s ass is gay but NOT Elmo.

You cant even flip the channel these days without hearing about FEMALE pedos getting in on the same action as these homo men. Everyone laughed and joked when that teacher seduced and got pregnant by that 13 year old boy. Now all these PERVERTS are crawling out of the wood work and messing with children at school. It’s sad and sick IMO.

Before I judged and condemn the man I want to hear all the facts. Not all gay men are pedos.

• Gia says:

——————–

TRUE!!!

*******************
        COSIGN!!!!!!

why did this young man wait so long to come out with this story?
    Come on now.
    *side eye*

SMDH I know his grown ass daughter is embarassed.
    My father gay…wow.

See i do believe their relationship was consenual why would the accuser come out now? money gone? jilted lover? he cutt him off? there could be many reasons. at least clash didn’t lose his job behind young booty.

• Coco says:

**********
      Exactly!

• QTip says:

**********
        anythings possible ladies and I mean anything.

• BBallen says:

**********
        Anthing’s possible

my gut feeling is that this young man wants to make some money and gain some notoriety at the expense of this man’s career. Sad!

The sad thing about this is that this man apparently has a wife & a beautiful grown daughter. Prayers to the young man that has been sexually exploited. Prayers to the wife & kids.

SMH….when are these men going to leave these teenagers alone?! 16, 17, 18, 19 – really no difference. All they are going to do is get you into trouble. Teenagers lack critical thinking skills and love to tell all your business. It is not worth it. If you like a tight booty hole go out and find one of those men who has been in the closet or something. Because dealing with these young boys gets a man in trouble every. single. time. Ugh!!!

18. Mrs. says:

When Clash’s ex-wife filed for divorce she made note of the fact that she felt he had no been honest with her during their marriage. She probably caught him with a boy or two as well. He also has an adult daughter or she may be late teens.

Either way, he should have NEVER messed with someone who has nothing to lose. Those that look at you starry-eyed tend to not have much going for themselves and will sell you up the river for some cash. We will see picks of this young man all over the place and he will do interviews too. Just watch!!

Some gay men will remain DL until they can get a child out of their relationships. for those of them who want children.

GTFOH another DL subject put on blast…Damn!

hrmmm…

Awww Man! I don’t care one bit that he is gay I just hate this is happening to him. I watched his documentary and like him as a person.

Will this be the fall of Elmo?? I just watched his documentary and I was surprised to learn he was married. I automatically figured he was gay to start with. I wonder if he talks dirty in his Elmo voice???

WOW!!!!

24. Wandab says:

If he was so underage then why all of a sudden this outcome?
    Just want a lil fame off of elmo that’s all.

I dont quite know why, but I got a really good laugh when I learned of this line:

“The accuser claims Sesame Street attempted to silence him to protect the reputation of one of its muppets.”

LMAO!

There is and will always be a SCANDAL happening somewhere!

it’s hard to determine nowadays if someone is really a victim or if they are out for money….

Well I’ll just be damned!!!!!!!!! Elmo is gay!!!!!

WTF is next!!!!!!!!!!

Sesame Street can’t catch a break. First Romney, now this shit!

29. applebottomgirl says:

COT Daymn next it gone be the kermit the frog molesting these babies yall shouldnt never made burt and ernie Gay partners we are doomed

They tryna do away with Sesame Street by any means necessary!

Dear God no!!
    Can somethings just keep it’s mystery for the sake of tradition Dayum!!!!

man I thought dude was married with kids…but I’m glad dude is fighting back…a lot of folks are trying to get money the easy way…and you can’t be using company emails for personal activites

man I thought dude was married with kids
      —————-
      He was downlow, I’m so sick of these down lows, just be who you are! Damn!

• Jamilla says:

He was married to a woman and has a 20 year old daughter.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

He was downlow, I’m so sick of these down lows, just be who you are! Damn!
        ~~~~~~~~~
        I agree completely! I have a friend who has been hiding that lifestyle from his wife for 15 years now. Just sad. You should give your partner the option to make that decision to stick around.

Not only that @Ya’ll, he’s jeapordizing his wife’s safety by having sex with her.

33. Anonymous says:

how disappionting

I hope this shyt isn’t some awful plot to destroy yet another black successful man???…cuz it seems that they have been targeted lately??!!!

• Kayla says:

~~~~~~~~~~
      Bobby, technically, Mr. Clash is BISEXUAL. He was once married to a woman and fathered a child.

And ‘they’ are not doing anything to this man. All of his foolishness is completely SELF-INFLICTED.

Somebody please tell me why men that work on these children’s shows have the tendency to be gay? I’m not saying they are all pedophiles, but I would like to know why straight men don’t do it.

• Kayla says:

Random,
      A pedophile is not necessarily “GAY”! But they do prey on young children.
      pedophiles are sick (mentally) and perverted.
      A pedophile is a PEDOPHILE and Gay have sex with same sex consenting adults. men like dick and woman like pu$$y that’s gay.

Well what is the shocker?? Isn’t this normal, according to society???

Men on Men/ Women on Women!

37. alscream says:

These people love to blackmail the Black Male.

38. AnnaB says:

Sesame Street cannot win, damn.

I hope this is not true save the kids… you can look at him and see that he is “g”

SMH….Elmo…DAMN SHAME

They coming for Big Bird and the whole gang!

This right here is gonna get real ugly…..

Oh Elmo 😦 SMH

can this story just go away?

• Felicia says:

can this story just go away?
      ~~~~~~~~~
      I know! I agree i wish it would just go away. It’s beyond disturbing!! it’s way beyond disturbing!!

This is sickening… 😦

46. Pointman says:

life is kinda predictable in that when you date 18 y.o’s, expect dumb shit like this. this isn’t news. he’ll be fired, case closed.

How much is “Elmo’s” net worth????

PSA: These yt folks will no longer support you Elmo they already mad Obama won

Seriously, this is just not kewl… how u gonna be Elmo and a perv? did he not think about how this would affect my damn nephew who is 2 and loves him some elmo?

49. Wandab says:

If the boy was 18 he was legal.
    I still think dude is too old 2be fucking someone young enough to be his kid but whatever.

Now even men are gold digging. smh.

All these dudes gonna have a “reality show” pretty soon.
    😦 <<smh.

If he had kept his azz behind the puppet and remained a mystery this would not be a story, he could have made his dough in private!!! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO this nigga had to pull a tiger woods jump-off move and start making hisself all public, now he has tainted EVERYTHING with DECEIT and LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 year old is legal though….sounds like a jilted lover trying to get some revenge IMO.

It’s sho’nuff ruff out chere! Folks want a check!! Pay the lil niGGA and be done. They want to go to court to be vindicated and shit and “of all kinds of wrong” using company email SMH.

55. SoldierOne says:

in all seriousness…I think that this is blackmail…I do belieev the guy was of age…and this is just payback from something that happen during their relationship

Is there a statue of limitations of what he’s accusing him of?? Cause if it supposedly started at 16 and now he’s 23, that’s 7 years. I just don’t want to believe this story.

57. Tammy says:

Wow.

I could care less about this cause I smell blackmail. I’m sure he was of age and he didnt get what he wanted.

With allegations like this it’s hard to know who to believe. You don’t want to believe a person would pretend to be a victim for a big payday, but it happens. Until the victim can come up with proof of a sexual relationship that did not meet the age of consent I’m siding with Elmo…I had to throw in age of consent because some of these teens know full well what they are doing, but they don’t care. It’s not until they are scorned that the sexual liaison becomes an issue.

Of Course the people at Sesame Street are going to find that no underage action took place. They do not want to lose their most popular puppeter. I will wait to see what the investigation reveals, but no matter what ELMO is tainted, he will not be the same, and the people at Sesame Street better start looking for a plan B. What’s going on with all these sex scandal, email relationships going bust. First Patraeus, now Elmo. Saturday Night Live is going to have material for days.

Like he said, both of them consented… Until this accuser prove otherwise, what is there to it! Now if clash denied the whole partaking like BIshop then we talking….

These turned out little boys always plotting, now this case is totally different from sandusky…

• HarlemGirl says:

***********
      Yes because they were in a relationship. Dude sound jilted IMO.
      Hey Bird. 🙂

Dude sound jilted IMO.
        **********************
        Yes he does and when Gays get mad they wanna expose you and mess wit ya money n shit. The devil always have a plan gurl.

I won’t comment on this post cuz some of these kids are malcious and evil, looking for a “come up” on someone else’s life expense. Like ole boy who was fuckin off and caught the monster from this ole dude. Some of these young gay dudes are ratchet and straight slimy (I know 2)

Don’t go seeking for some shyt and when you find it wanna cry foul. Grown bidness is for grown folks. He fucked up sending that email from the work tho.

• Rezzie says:

Some of these young gay dudes are ratchet and straight slimy (I know 2)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      COSIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      PERVERSION COMES WITH A BIG PRICE TAG, AND IT’S WAY TOO MANY FOLKS WAITING TO SERVE IT UP

• HarlemGirl says:

Shyt he better get someone his own age or at least 30. I’ve seen lives destroyed by some of these young wild boys…they have nothing to lose and everything to gain

WELL DAMN!

65. Al-scream says:

they just said on the news that homeboy’s lover lied. He’s now recanting his story.
    damn shame damage been done already.

• bobby says:

damn shame damage been done already.
      ~~~~~~
      Crazy ass Gays!

• Mahogany says:

he lied and recanted his story, I just the news. that boy need his ass whooped fa real.

• Zenna says:

damn shame damage been done already.
        ~~~~~~
        Ain’t that some shit esp. after he done ruined the man’s image now.

• Adam says:

Yeah heard that this morning …they were talking bout it on the radio. they say clash is openly gay but still to have the man’s business put out on front street is so messed up. smh now the world knows he was screwing a young lad.

LMAO 🙂 @ YOUNG LAD!!!!!

• Jamilla says:

his accuser thought he was gonna hit the jackpot.. it happens all the time, knowing damn well he was out in the life and was old enough to give consent
        regardless this hurts this mans character.. beware of these wildout boys

lyin ASS needs to be EXPOSED!
        You can’t go around hurting ppl’s careers for your own selfish greed

• HarlemGirl says:

I’m sure they paid him allot of money so he recanted his story.

I’m sure they paid him allot of money so he recanted his story.
        ~~~~~~~~~
        Harlem you think so? O don’t think they paid him.

damn shame damage been done already.
        ~~~~~~
        OMG but in the meantime, Elmo is tarnished forever now. Hopefully ppl can seperate the fun loving and my personally favorite Sesame Street character from the man who’s hand is shoved up his but. As for the young man who thought to destroy another man’s life with lies, your creator will deal with you. Amazing what ppl do for 15 minutes of lime light. But it’s the way of today’s world. SMDH such a shame.

• Aceman says:

ain’t that some shit how he took back what he said? money hungry monfucker.

• QTip says:

that’s what clash get for messin with a young dude.