Cissy Houston Out Promoting Her New Book

January 28, 2013 by The ReadyWriter

Cissy-Houston-Book

Just two weeks shy of the anniversary death of her daughter Whitney Houston, Cissy Houston is making her rounds promoting her new memoir, “Remembering Whitney”.

The elderly mother of the late singer makes no qualms about how she thought Bobby Brown wasn’t good enough for her daughter.

“I tried to tell Nippy [Cissy’s nickname for Whitney] that I didn’t think Bobby was good for her.”

Cissy not only disses about her feelings regarding Bobby, but she chimes in on Bobbi Kristina as well. Bobbi Kristina is said to be a bit upset about how her grandmother writes of her worries that Whitney’s only child could possibly be lured into the trap of addiction. It’s well-known that Cissy Houston has been unhappy with stories about Bobbi Kristina’s hard partying — and allegations of drinking and drug use.

And although Cissy wrote the book as a loving reminder of what a great talent Whitney was, she also don’t want the way she died to define how she is remembered. Unfortunately “it will” because Whitney gained the world, only to lose her soul to drug abuse.

Cissy’s interview with Oprah airs tonight on OWN. Check your local listing for detailed show time.

114 thoughts on “Cissy Houston Out Promoting Her New Book

1. SoldierBoy says:

I guess while Whitney was writing them checks they didn’t know she had a drug problem for 40 years? Now that she’s dead, they all have concern? Yeah ok.

saw the previews for Oprah tonight and cissy sound like she in denial about Whitney having a problem.

3. WandaB says:

all of them must’ve been on her payroll cause no one wanted to tell her the truth. Had they been truthful with her she’d still be here.

can’t believe it’s been a yr. since Whitney left. I really miss her and if I do and I’m just one in a million. I can’t imagine how her family feel.

Afternoon everyone…I miss Whitney 😦

Who’s buying the book?

6. AlScream says:

no offense but ain’t nobody studdin Whitney at this point.

7. Cameo says:

Does Miss Cissy even know what day it is at this point? Nobody cares more about what the Houston family has to say. We all know how Whitney was livin and we all know what killed her.

Please. Cissy’s mouth is still attached to her daughter’s corpse, suckin every bit of bone marrow out of her. The black community didn’t fail Whitney Houston. Whitney Houston failed herself. Til the day she killed herself she had mad resources and access to a road leading to permanent help and a radical lifestyle change… YET WHEN SHE DIED SHE HAD COCAINE IN HER SYSTEM. She, with Bobby’s co-signage, failed herself and she failed her daughter in the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      COSIGN BBALLEN, YOU BETTER PREACH BOI!!!!!!!

Whitney was a victim of her own demise. And if Bobby Brown wasn’t good enuff for her then too bad because that’s what she fell in love with.

I assure you that Cissy didn’t think Whitney had a drug problem so y’all be sure n watch her be in denial on Oprah tonight.

i wonder if oprah will ask cissy about whitney houston’s low self-esteem issues. kevin costner addressed it during his eulogy, and bobbi kristina mentioned it during her interview. like where did it stem from.

I think Cissy should have honored her granddaughters wishes and not have written that book. This Oprah interview with Cissy will be one sided and bias.

The family needs to stop using Whitney and let this stuff go but I guess she was their bread and butter.

14. Slickrick says:

Please Whitney fed the whole damn family and she had them fooled about her addiction. But somebody was supplying her ass.

R.I.P. Whit

Cissy gone make money off Whitney one way or another.
    You can tell the ones that are thirsty are the ones she ain’t leave shit too.
    But in the meantime, Krissy good.
    What happened to that shity ass reality show?

I have no reason to watch oh well

Lawd I got that Itis over here :yawn: 😦 :zzz: It just hit me

Poor Cissy. I guess she’s doin what she has to do to stay afloat.
    But I did read how the whole family was on Whitney’s payroll…This is something the record company knew…SMH

All the books and the stories in the world is NOT going to bring Whitney back. And I thought it was tacky for Cissy to talk about Bobby and put him down just to make her daughter look good.

• Coco says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      True…. but truth be told she didn’t like him…So she told the truth! Tis all.

I’m loving the cover of the book.
    Whitney was Cissy’s only daughter and if anybody deserved to do a book about her she did.

wow denial runs deep I see.
    yes Bobbi Kristina will become a druggy because she will iminate what she’s seen and been raised around. It’s unfortunate but true and those who failed Whitney will fail her too. Booby can’t help himself so how can he help his own child.

I wanna hear what Cissy is going to say to Oprah because from the clips I’ve seen Cissy is in denial about Whitney’s drug problem and how she died.

Can’t believe Whitney’s been gone a whole year.
    The music industry is not the same w/o her. 😦

😦

And I, I, I will always love you…you…you..my darling you

25. 2thick4you says:

watching the Whitney and ophra interview and Whitney is lyin and bad mouthing Bobby Brown to no end.

watching the Whitney interview with Oprah and Whitney didn’t own up to her drug use. and looking back now she was a bit phony.

*********
      And that’s what everybody talked about., how she didn’t own up, which is why people knew she fell back.

27. R.I.P. Whitney…you’re gone now.

I’m watching the Oprah “Remembering Whitney” interview and listening to Whitney now she was “Having a form of godliness but denying the power within”

in tears already 😦 watching oprah

30. Manup says:

Oh shit was Whitney gay? That’s the topic.

31. Katman says:

Moms keeping it real y’all.
    She said she wanted to kill Whitney’s ass when she saw her high.

Lawd have mercy Whitney, Whitney, Whitney Why?? 😦

Damn Oprah called Whitney an addict.

Cissy Houston is NOT saying anything Extra…she is answering exactly what Ofra is asking her.

35. AlScream says:

whoop there IT IS!@!!
    Whitney’s brother turned her ON!!!!
    Dat nigga said that’s the demon he live with everyday

36. Tammy says:

see it wasn’t Bobby Brown people!!!

See how Cissy wanted to protect her son by allowing people to continually blame Bobby for Whitney’s demons…See…Sad 😦

• Cameo says:

It wasn’t Bobby!! And that shit came out the horses mouth!!
      Her brother Gary turned her on to drugs!!!

• Mahogany says:

Bobby & Whitney divorced in 2007. So the last 5 years of whitneys drug use was all her. You could see whitneys death coming just like you could see Michael Jackson, amy winehouse and many other celebs.

• Slickrick says:

It wasn’t Bobby!! And that shit came out the horses mouth!!
        Her brother Gary turned her on to drugs!!!
        _____________

and yet cissy still wanna blame bobby.

• Yes says:

It’s easy to blame Bobby Brown, but as Whitney said, “I got the brother I wanted.”

• Shawnia says:

Whitney herself admitted that she was doing drugs before she met Bobby. He isnt a saint but he is not to blame for Whitney’s actions.

• starr says:

Whitney chose to be with Bobby, Whitney chose to do drugs, Whitney chose to stay with Bobby, Whitney chose to continue to do drugs…I’m more disgusted with Cissy doing this interview and peddling this book than anything else

• lexyjay2010 says:

==========
        Yes Preach that shit!!!

38. Cameo says:

oh man this shit is tragic!!
    whole family fucked up!!!

Is it me or could anybody else tell she has a problem with Pat?

Is it me or could anybody else tell she has a problem with Pat?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Yes!!! She didn’t think Pat was protecting Bobby Kris as she claimed. I could tell she thought the show was a mess.

Oprah looked TOE DOWN with her fake lashes.

I liked Whitney Houston, but I think much of her drug problem was of her own doing. Her mother need to let the Bobby Brown thing GO! She wanted someone to be Whitney’s savior when only Jesus could be that for her.

42. Slickrick says:

the whole family and Whitney’s entourage knew she was doing drugs which is why she stayed away from her mother and kept that ugly ass chile of hers away too. she knew her mother would sense that shit. it’s fucked up how her daughter don’t have a relationship with her only living grandmother. smh

I’m sorry but this book is written by her mother so of course it will portray her daughter as a victim. Whitney was a grown woman who made grown choices. Nobody can make you do drugs unless of course they tie you up and shove it up your nose or in your veins. Sorry Cissy.

People keep forgetting that she was doing HARD drugs long before Bobby. When you are seen as everyone’s princess, it is hard for you to be portrayed as anything else(even by your own family). I really feel sorry for her mother because she has lost a legend, as well as a daughter. And no one wants others to look down on someone that they love regardless of the circumstances.

45. Ebonyeyes says:

WTF let this woman be dead and rest in peace already!!! sheesh!

46. SueWee says:

Well she was an adult and she had to make her own mistakes and Cissy said more than once in her interview that Whitney was hard headed.

47. Xmen says:

Really enjoyed the interview. Cissy is straight old school. :yes:
    Hey peeps

Bobby Brown will forever be blamed for destroying Nippy! Damn shame Nip was on drugs before she met Bobby, but he’s the blame. Ms. Cissy go get your granddaughter!

Whitney didnt listen to her mama, and made her own decisions? Who’d thunk it. :tea:

50. Floridagirl says:

Unapologetic!!!!!!!!!!

51. Floridagirl says:

Also, so ALL of Cissy’s children were drug addicts at some point? :thinks:

So many questions…

52. Pointman says:

When will they start to hold Whitney accountable for her own actions, I love me some Whitney, but they need to stop blaming it all on Bobby.

so wait…sorry, I need some clarification…

it was up to Bobby to fix Whitney? Is that what Cissy is saying???

Not gonna happen…if Whitney wanted to party why wouldn’t she be with someone who had that in common with her? I guess she was supposed to hang out with a square who only liked to read the WSJ and tell her to stop going out so much —> bullshyt….folks are in such DENIAL when it comes to Nippy…let her rest, she suffered while on this earth and now she is hopefully at peace…

• UncleEd2011 says:

She’s still in denial. Her own son turned Whitney to crack, not Bobbi. Tired of these grandma’s trying to pray away their wayward children’s problems. Whitney had social anxiety issues, like Michael Jackson, Elvis and other celebrites being watched every moment of their lives. She should have done what Brittney’s father did, have her commited and take over control.

• annonymous says:

AND NOW BOBBY HAS BEEN VINDICATED, THIS MAN COULD HAVE THROWN WHITNEY AND HER ENTIRE FAMILY UNDER THE BUS,EPECIALLY AFTER THE WORLD WAS BLAMING HIM FOR WHITNEY’S DEATH, BUT HE DIDN’T

NOW THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT HIM AND THEM TOO

54. Yes says:

Whitney introduced Bobby to that white girl and HE hasn’t been right ever since. Bobby was a weed head before Whitney and that is a far cry from what she got him on. Cissy comes off as wanting more from her children than what she gave them emotionally. They were separated for years before Whitney’s death. She should have taught her children to take ownership of their own decisions instead of enabling them by passing blame on others.

55. SoldierBoy says:

I heard that it was her brother who introduced her to drugs and when she met Bobby she was already on drugs…

LEAVE BOBBY ALONE!

57. Manup says:

wow, the dead just cant rest can they :no:

58. Cameo says:

we have something in common
    me and you, you and me

*yeah and apparently it was crack*

greetings everyone’s
    Her brother said she was getting high way before Bobby came along and Mama looked like she wanted to slap the fire out of him. This interview was sad sad sad.

Didn’t Whitney own brother get her on that booger shuga? So the rest of them need to stfu and let that woman rest!

Cissy reminds me of them mamas in the hood who be in denial like shyt when it comes to their bad ass kids, then when they get shot, they all on the TV talkin bout “He was such a good kid, blah blah blah, my baby, he didn’t do anything to nobody.”

Yeah…aight :tea:

Let Cissy tell it, she was an angel and other people corrupted her. Whitney was a grown ass woman who CHOSE those demons. Stop with the bullshit.

• Mahogany says:

I don’t know she said she was with somebody who was like her. I don’t think she completely threw Bobby under the bus. I thought what she was saying was when your around people that do what you like it’s hard to stop, and I agree with that. Truth be told they were bad for each other, and it was a very toxic relationship altogether, but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s gone. RIP Whitney!

Whitney said herself SHE was a functioning addict BEFORE Bobby. She admitted he was NOT the reason she did drugs, she was doing drugs BEFORE! I guess no one wanted to listen to her and it was easier to blame Bobby. That princess was a persona from marketing. It was her job, when the cameras rolled she worked, cameras off clock out time! The sad part is Clive and so many turned their head to her drug addiction,as long as she put on that gown and made them money!!

62. SueWee says:

I really don’t understand why her brother would bring her into the drug world, knowing that she was at the beginning of her career, and was already selling millions of records. I think the family’s problems were worse because there was so much money, and access. It literally was an unlimited existence for getting drugs.

I didn’t watch the interview bc I felt it would be a bash Bobby bash. Reading the comments confirms that for me.

I will say my respect has gone up for Bobby since her death because he could have easily come out and played the blame game also. He mourned, kept silent and is living his life.

they keep Booooobbbbeeeeey’s (whitney’s voice) in their mouth, but u dont hear him really talkin about them or whitney! Leave BOBBBBBBBY alone!!!

65. bobby says:

Okay. I’m tired of this post.

66. quincyr2010 says:

This interview was sickening 😦

When Whitney divorced bobby that was her intervention. Her opportunity to move the fuck on…Whitney talked mad shit to Oprah and Bobby never said anything yet she’s the one six ft. under…God don’t like ugly.

67. Harlemgirl says:

Folks don’t want to tell the truth all your chirren is drug addicts, your granddaughter if she ain’t one already she is well on the way to being one and the drugs unless you leave em alone gon take you down. plain and simple

68. lexyjay2010 says:

I lubbs me some Cissy…Lord knows I do but, think about your Granddaughter please. This is her Mother and Father you’re talking about. Is it worth continuing to damage her self esteem by bad- mouthing one of her parents just to make a point?

I respectfully offer you a \_

69. wanda says:

Cissy needs to worry about supporting and educating BK. Do something to prevent yourself from blaming Nick for BK’s death years down the line.

70. sane2011 says:

Come on Mama Cissy all yo kids were on drugs.

71. Slickrick says:

Hell I betcha Whitney had a game called suck the coke off my tits…and that’s how Bobby got strung the fuck out!

Nippy was doing drugs back in the 80′s! Long before she got with Bobby! Let her RIP!

73. Let Whitney RIP for goodness sake. I agree with Daisy she was doing drugs way before Bobby and I read her brother has now said he introduced her to it. Does Cissy have an opinion on this?