Trouble in Paradise for Dijon Mustard & Kimora Lee Simmons

June 5, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

According to a source reporting to the New York Daily News, the loving couple have split after a “big fight over money” and “Djimon walked out on Kimora,” says the source; who adds that the split may have been prompted by Simmons’ ex-husband, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons’ decision to stop funding the couple’s lifestyle.

St. Louis-born “Kimora lives as if she’s the Queen of England,” notes the source, although there’s at least one sign her life in the “fab lane” may be slowing to a crawl; Simmons, 37, creative director and president of the shopping website JustFab.com, is unloading her modest (by celeb standards) six-bedroom, eight-bath Beverly Hills country home at a loss.

Simmons reportedly paid $5.9 million for the home at the height of the market in 2007 and has now listed it for just $4.7 million.

On Monday, Simmons responded via Twitter to speculation the house sale was a sign of financial difficulty… and so what if it is.

“Wow, I put 1 of several properties I own (+ DONT live in) on the market & now apparently my whole life is falling apart?!” she tweeted. “Rumors, Rumors …”

Simmons began dating the 48-year-old Hounsou, from Benin, Africa, in March 2007 after separating in 2006 from Simmons. The two were married for 10 years and have two daughters, Ming , 12, and Aoki , 9. They divorced in 2009.

In summer 2008, Simmons and Hounsou participated in a traditional Beninese commitment ceremony. In May 2009, their son Kenzo Lee Hounsou was born. He just celebrated his third birthday.

69 thoughts on “Trouble in Paradise for Dijon Mustard & Kimora Lee Simmons

He was so sexi in ‘Beauty Shop’

2. Tammy says:

Amazes me that some women can’t keep a man.

Amazes me that some women can’t keep a man.

~~~~~~~
      It’s hard to be a business woman, and balance a family. She’ll be ok, I saw a commercial for the KLS (rush)card.

Say What now? 0_0

Kimora did seem to long for the life she had with Russell a whole bunch of fake fabulosity…

wowwwwwwwwwwww.. dat niggka said GIVE US FREE from that crazybish.

6. Pretty says:

wow. no surprise at all. russell is too rich and seemingly has a great influence on kimora, even after they’ve divorced. the next man has to be prepared for being “a wheel” because baby daddy or ex-husband will always come first, whether they have a good relationship or a schitty one…the ex or baby daddy will come before you. life’s a bish and then you die.

Hey Everyone

8. FloridaGurl says:

I have never liked her anyway…she’s TOO MUCH of a narcissist…

9. YES says:

He was letting another dude take care of his ol’ lady? Oh hell NO that’s a NO-NO!!!!

I don’t believe it and they both work, why would they need to live off Russell?

• Jamilla says:

I don’t believe it and they both work, why would they need to live off Russell?
      *************
      acquitta — russel’s money $ is lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. if true, they lived off him cuz the rich get richer that way.

• Cindy says:

I don’t believe it and they both work, why would they need to live off Russell?
      *************
      NEITHER DO I …HEY Ladies

• AnnaB says:

I don’t believe it and they both work, why would they need to live off Russell?
      *************
      Why Russ gotta pay for her, his kids with her, her new motherland dack AND her new baby.

Its not over Russell money more so the fact that she always has Russell around when its family time she can’t let go of her past.

• YES says:

she always has Russell around when its family time she can’t let go of her past
      _____________

well then damn she shoulda stayed with Russell.

I hate breakups

13. SueWee says:

LMAO!!!!
    No Blog Queen did not call him Dijon Mustard? 🙂

If he need some where to go he can come with me…literally!

wow…really thought they could make it

Kimora Simmons huh

:Thinking: about Baby Phat jeans and the chic that talked shait in them that night…

Yeah I dont like her.

I knew this was coming. He has been looking at her crazy since last year. I think he got tired of her azz Kimora probably already has a rebound guy too.

It doesn’t really matter. If you are not married, no need for a prenup. She never married Jimonny, thus keeping money ties w/Russ.

• Sane says:

***************
      That’s why Russ is running shit because he’s supporting her and when he say “JUMP” that bitch better ask him, how high???

She never married Jimonny, thus keeping money ties w/Russ.
      ***************
      COSIGN!!!
      WHY DOESNT SHE HAVE HER SPIRITUAL HUSBANDS LAST NAME,,,WHY IS SHE STILL HOLDING ON TO SIMMONS?????????

In My Amistad Voice.. HE IS FREE!!!

They always seemed like a weird couple to me. I wouldn’t expect him to be as vain and flashy as she is. But of course I don’t really know him. Maybe he’s cool with the superficial, materialistic type chicks.

• AnnaB says:

~~~~~~~~
      After a certain age men get tired of drama. She seems like the type that would curse a vallet out in front of everyone for taking too long to bring them their car.

so he’s back on the market after a kid with her? wow.

• Daisy says:

so he’s back on the market after a kid with her? wow.
      ———
      He can stay on the market and rise in price like Google and Apple. But after, “Give us..us free…give us…us free!” I never looked at him the same again!

22. IntenseShit says:

I’M PRAYING THIS STORY ISN’T TRUE, I ACTUALLY LIKED THEM TOGETHER AND THE SPLIT IS CERTAINLY GOING TO HAVE AN AFFECT ON ALL THE CHILDREN

TOO MUCH CHANGE IS NOT HEALTHY, ESPECIALLY AT A YOUNG AGE, IT MAKES CHILDREN GROW UP FAR TOO SOON AND AFFECTS HOW THEY VIEW MALE/FEMALE RELATIONSHIPS

IT’S A SAD DAY WHEN WE PAUSE TO CELEBRATE ENGAGEMENTS BUT QUICKLY CELEBRATE THEIR DEMISE (DIDN’T READ NARNE COMMENT SO I’M SPEAKING IN GENERAL AND NOT SPECIFICALLY TO ANYONE)

23. Al-scream says:

I JUST Can’t put NO STOCK Whatsoever in ANY Celebrity Union/Marriage becuz probably over 90% of them are FAKE (On All-Out TRIFLING Levels Though…)

The MORE Money-n-Fame that’s involved, The MORE Probability of it Being A FAKE/FACADE Relationship — IMO

24. UnpredictableMe says:

A man can stand looking at a turkey gobble for only so long…

25. applebottomgirl says:

Well dayum!

Fighting over money??? WHAT THE WHAT??? Kimora has gazillions of her own with the sale of the Baby Phat brand and not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars that Russell pays her in alimony and child support for their daughters’. Something ain’t right here.

27. Anonymous says:

Every time I look at Kimora I think “NECK ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

28. Elove says:

So, So… So The CHILD and Blended Family PHOTOS couldn’t make their ROCK-SOLID Relationship LAST Though (Ohhhh Well Then…)

He needs a Yt gurl….and stop playing those slave roles.

30. Anonymous says:

No man wants to be around his current wife ex-husband all the time. She could never let that go and a lot of girls that are molested by older men such as herself with her ex-husband have that issue. She should have been by herself for awhile and then moved on. Russell Simmons and her mother damaged her. Russell because he is a pedofile and her mother because she allowed it to happen for money.

shiiiidddd Russell prolly told kimmy if you need some money you can sell KLS RUSH CARDS… Other than that, kick rocks…

Oh and Um…..I’m LMMFAO @ the Dijon Mustard reference.

33. Pointman says:

The problem with people like Kimora is that in reality she is just another person who was breast feed some fame off the milk of someone elses back (true fame). And wuts sad is people neglect to remind them that that is in fact the case.

She should’ve been over the moment The BabyPhat brand wus sold!

I think they were cute for a while, but they are not a match IMO

Give us free!

Kimora might be the most overrated thing on two legs. Anyway, I guess Uncle Russie had to cut the funds cuz aint nobody fuckin with that Rush Card scam bullshit..

i knew these 2 wouldn’t be together for long. Kimora was to close to her ex Russell. and Who knows what’s going on with her and Rusell behind closed doors?? I believed their divorce came with stipulations in order to keep the money ties flowing …she will chose Russell over Dijon (as Tra calls him) any day 🙂 money talks and BULLSHIT will always walk people.

I believe her and Russell’s marriage was a business arrangement. Which is why Kimora didn’t own Baby Phat, she was employed there and is no longer employed there. She was the face of Baby Phat and Russell sold it a long time ago. The clothing company was a pre-marital asset, so likely no half of the sale for her. People always think celebrites are richer than they actually are.

39. cameo1 says:

do y’all actually believe this?
    I seriously doubt Russell takin care of fat neck kimora and her african man. smh

40. annonymous says:

Kimora came from shit, now she act like hers don’t stink!
    IMO Djimon is better off w/out her.

41. Brandy says:

I liked the two of them together, but I bet Kimora is a bit much for someone like Djimon.

They made a beautiful child together, though

Russell address the rumor::

“While Kimora never mentions Dijmon directly her ex husband Russell Simmons posted on his own website,

1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
    2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
    3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
    4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
    5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.

And so there you have it.”

That’s all folks!

WELL BOOM!
      That’s how all gossips need to be dealt with. Uncle Russ laid the smackdown! LMAO!

• Dana says:

Why are they explaining their personal life to people who don’t matter or give a damn? Something is up.

She got a new commercial out for the rush rip, off…, she scramblin

44. UnpredictableMe says:

I don’t follow her.
    IMO Kimora is cool and beautiful.
    Not expecting anyone to agree with me, it’s just my opinion

I cant stand 20 neck Kimmora, bragging about selling a house she dont even live in. Why didnt she rent it or put up some homeless people in it if the property was vacant. No wonder Djimon can’t stand that gold digging hoe.

Rich people should be shot its that kind of mentality that pisses me off with these once common folks.

IMO, Kimora Lee is beautiful, aggressive and successful
    I ain’t mad.
    Not the kind of life that I would want, just happy for her.
    Just raise them kids right and I’ll be content.

I wish these celebrities would just remain private about their lives instead of tweeting about every little detail.
    Nobody really cares.

48. Dana says:

I’ve NEVER cared for her or those ugly ass baby phat clothes! Tacky!