Star Jones Wants You to STOP Watching Basketball Wives…

April 27, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

News flash for Star, I stopped watching the show long time ago. I could no longer stomach a group of petty, classless women fighting and degrading themselves on national television. And now, Star Jones is launching a campaign against it.

“It may be ‘comfortable’ to be quiet when women of color slap the crap out of each other & run across tables barefoot, but #ENOUGHisENOUGH.” “I’m about to put together a group of sisters to finally ‘tell the truth’ about the image of women of color in the media,” she said.

Star made reference to a recent episode, where Jennifer Williams was slapped.  Williams has decided to file suit against those involved, rather than responding with additional violence.

“And the thought that the woman from #BBW who was smacked doesn’t have the RIGHT to file assault charges is LUDICROUS! You NEVER give up your right not to have your ‘person’ intentionally assaulted unless you are participating in an agreed physical activity,” Star went on to write.

Star then issued a call to other women with platforms to support her movement.

“I’m asking all my high-profile, platform having conscientious sisters who STAND FOR SOMETHING to just say #ENOUGHisENOUGH & call folk out! Be mad. But think about what I said. WE ARE BETTER than that. You’re either part of the problem or part of the solution.”

So here it is CEO family: will you STOP watching the show?

102 thoughts on “Star Jones Wants You to STOP Watching Basketball Wives…

But the problem is people like drama, that’s why they watch.

Been stopped watching.
    all that fighting shows no example for those of them who have kids.

I COSIGN the boycott!

Bout time somebody was bold enuff to take a stand.

It’s about time. Those “women” are embarrasing!

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday to ya!!!!

They need to take the show OFF THE AIR!!!! ASAP!!!!!

7. alscream says:

Boycott??? I know Shaq is sittin somewhere cheesin hard ova dis shit!!! 🙂

• Acquitta says:

I know Shaq is sittin somewhere cheesin hard ova dis shit!!!
      **********
      Cosign!!!!

• Applebottom says:

I know Shaq is sittin somewhere cheesin hard ova dis shit!!!
      **********
      Had Shaunie given the women a more positive platform, then they may have survived. so Shaq just kept his mouth shut and let things take its course.

• sane says:

I know Shaq is sittin somewhere cheesin hard ova dis shit!!!
      —–
      hell yeah

• Pointman says:

I know Shaq is sittin somewhere cheesin hard ova dis shit!!!
      —–
      🙂

If that’s the case then let it be:

Basketball Wives
    Love and Hip Hop
    RHWA
    And anything else where women digrace themselves

• Cameo1 says:

Daisy,
      I agree…I don’t think that it’s fair to attack Basketball Wives only … if you are going to attack BBW, attack ALL reality television shows !!! they are ALL degrading! but remember, they are ALL for entertainment … if they were problems to our community as we “claim” they are, these shows would not be receiving such high ratings as they are … i’m just saying … if they want to get on television and make a complete ass of themselves, LET THEM !

• BrownGirl says:

Daisy, I agree she should attack them all

*Basketball wives
      *Mob wives
      *House wives of ATL

why stop at one, get all of em that’s a disgrace to women period….Dont pick and choose… all of the Housewives shows fight, argue, are catty, rude and painfully obnoxious.

a boycott of these wild bishes is long overdue.

Yeah, yeah… oh hell yeah!!!!! Pull the plug on dem heifers. Enuff is Enuff!!!!
    I agree with Star

11. Tammy says:

It’s a catch 22…They are embarassing, they’re behavior a disgrace! But I kinda like seeing the drama. #don’tjudgeme

12. keisha says:

All for it!!!!!
    The show is Degrading and all the other unfortunate words that go with it.
    I support Star Jones efforts 100%.

13. 2Thick says:

Yes the show is a disgrace and their behavoir is embarrassing but Shaunie believes this is what keeps her rating up.

14. yes says:

Can’t boycott what I never watched!!

15. Applebottom says:

good point. the show has gone way left.

The fights are what make the show.

If Star and others don’t like it then don’t Watch..Its all about Rating

No wonder we don’t get post about BBW no more. Blog Queen aka Tracy Bell stopped watching it. Ok.

All those women look like a bunch of “Damn FOOLS”. Making women really look bad. I agree with Star…enough is enough it’s time to start acting like women with some sense and decorum.

Nah damn that I don’t agree with Trace or Star. How y’all are attacking what is an otherwise fun show to watch…what and who needs to go is that fuckin Evelyn (wit her ugly bulldog lookin azz) how Ocho can marry this “tried and tested skank” of a woman is beyond me. SMDH

20. Ebony says:

Basketbal wives is a disgrace to black women everywhere.

Enough is enough…..I COSIGN taking the show off the air!!!!!

22. Soldier1 says:

Please end that shit!!!!

all they do is meet with each other and talk about the next bitch and by the end of the show everybody in one room discussing what was said and ready to fight. That shit get old and played out, on top of that too fucking grown especially Evelyn ignorant ass and all these Dumb ducks look up to her thinking the shit is cute.

Where are the real women real role models? Hell give Trace a show

I think all reality shows should be cancelled. These shows foster and encourage bad behavior.

24. FloridaGirl says:

These scripted shows are far from being real. I’m amazed @ how they can take something trivial and manage to turn it into some type of confrontation or big dramatic production. Enough already, society is managing to bring itself to ruins without these derogatory show adding to its demise.

Yes boycott them
    And what’s really discouraging is the fools that say it’s wrong to boycott this mess.

I say don’t boycott them.
    That’s right I’m down with BBW and the rest of the garbage on TV!! 🙂

• BrownGirl says:

Yep @Xmen
      And unfortunately, white America will remember these images rather than the many images of intelligent, articulate, and hard working women, who we all know.

• Joanne says:

———–
      White america? Are you serious? America period! Almost all of the reality shows on television 2day are disgraceful be them black or white…you have “teen pregnacy, mob wives, BBW, keeping up with the Ho-dashians” all of them. Star is just speaking on behalf of black women because that’s what she is and that’s what she represents but this epidemic is a universal mess that boils down to money, money and more money. Propaganda to ignite the masses. a mess has no color sorry.

———————
      You better Preach Ma****

• Mrs. says:

———-
      Cosign @Joanne!!! You said a mouth full

• sane says:

Good point @Joanne.

———-
      Preach @Joanne, ignorance and disgrace has no color

• XMen says:

@ all y’all,
      IDC if y’all agree w/Joanne’s response to my comment I still support the show…. now!!!!

@ all y’all,
      ______

and we don’t care either. but we have the RIGHT TO DISAGREE!

@ all y’all,
      ______

and we don’t care either. but we have the RIGHT TO DISAGREE!
      ~~~~~

thank you @bobby. we ain’t in no pissin match with Xmen. you disagree @X, you disagree, you have that right!!!!

• Mrs. says:

Please!!!!! @Xmen, nobody cares.
      This is a blog. We voice our opinions and @ the end of the day ain’t nobody thinkin bout you or what you said. 🙂 *Peace

The show is making US (black women) look bad!
    Real talk!! I actually had a co-worker ask me if I was gonna go all Eveyln on him!!
    He was joking but I failed to see the humor!!

28. Mrs. says:

Wasn’t Star Jones on the Celebrity Apprentice last year, where she and Nene Leaks were cussing and fighting and were a downright embarrassment for black women in the country? I didn’t hear Star then talk about boycotting that show, and now she is holier than thou? I am not saying that I agree with Basketball Wives, however people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones…

• Pinky says:

————–
      sure was now wasn’t she? oh but starr is better now because she’s a legal correspondent for nbc.

————–
      @Mrs, Star Jones carried herself with respect and grace. She didn’t fight with NeNe she tried to show reason and compromise.

I have only watched Basketball Wives once, and knew I would never watch it again.

I will not be watching any more, I was so embarassed watching that mess and to think, this is how they earn a living, where is the positiveness???

31. sane says:

I kinda agree…..It’s time to put a end to the madness and disgrace that these shows present to the public. Now..let me scroll up to see what erbody else sayin bout the subject at hand.

Sadly it is, all about selling your soul to the highest bidder. These women are making money off of disgracing themselves at the expense of our race and our reputation. But the solution is real simple, don’t support what you detest. plain and simple.

Yes it’s about money and rating but money can’t buy you taste or class!! and these women have neither.

never really watched the show but lawd knows everybody is talking about what a mess this show is….so it sounds like i’m not really missing anything.

35. annonymous says:

A reality show w/o drama? Please………. some people wouldn’t be able to cope w/o their daily dose of drama.

• Tammy says:

You just make sure you’re not one of them!

• EbonyEyes says:

A reality show w/o drama?
      ————————
      Yes because some people can’t live w/o drama

• QTip says:

A reality show w/o drama?
      ————————
      Yes because some people can’t live w/o drama
      ____________________________________________

That’s the problem some people have enough real life drama and don’t need reality television to add to the mix.

I cosign the boycott.

The show should have been off the air after season 1, those women are a disgrace. I don’t support this mess. and I’m glad Tracy stop posting about it.

I must admitt I enjoy the drama but it’s too over the top at times so yeah I say boycott it because enuff is indeed enuff.

39. CeoDawg says:

don’t appreciate seeing our sistas disgrace themselves on national television like they do but the “all mighty dollar$$$” apparently have them selling their souls. sad….. and shaunie should be ashamed of herself because she’s the ring leader of it all. I say this boycott is long over due.

40. Raini says:

I stopped watching. It’s tasteless to see women always fighting and not getting along. I’d go without cable tv than to keep watching that kind of behaviour. It’s sad.