No I Haven’t seen Steve Harvey’s Movie “Think Like a Man”

April 30, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

My apologies for not seeing Steve Harvey’s movie based upon his best-selling novel, “Act Like A Lady but Think Like a Man”.

My girlfriend Joy-cee asked me “why she hadn’t seen my blog review regarding the movie” when I told her “I had no interest in seeing the film”. I also wanted to make reference to my reasoning here, since I’ve received so many emails from some of you inquiring as well.

I have nothing against Steve Harvey however, I’m selective about who I decide to hear relationship advice from, especially since Mr. Steve Harvey is twice divorced. And NO I haven’t read his book, nor was I too thrilled about his dating advice for single women during his promotional interviews.

In the meantime Harvey’s movie is #1 in the country and that’s wonderful, I’m just not impressed, nor do I have an interest in seeing “Think Like a Man”.

Let’s turn the tables a bit, you tell me what you thought of the movie, if you’ve seen it? Sound off Ceo family.

Have a great day !!! 🙂

93 thoughts on “No I Haven’t seen Steve Harvey’s Movie “Think Like a Man”

That’s because you ain’t no ordinary chick Blog Queen

• Lexy says:

That’s because you ain’t no ordinary chick Blog Queen
      ~~~~~~~~
      APPARENTLY!!

That’s because you ain’t no ordinary chick Blog Queen
      ~~~~~~~~
      Tracy better go see this damn movie!

• Zion says:

That’s because you ain’t no ordinary chick Blog Queen
      ~~~~~~~~

🙂

@BBallen,
      I know Tracy 🙂 and she know that this book is nothing but a financial windfall and gimic for Steve Harvey and that his book (based upon what she’s heard) does nothing to help women. And Tracy is weary of any man who will prey off of desperation and that’s what Steve has done. LOL 🙂 Tracy’s just a smart bitch that’s all.

2. alscream says:

haven’t seen it although it looks like its for both men and women, I just haven’t seen it. maybe i’m like you @Trace –> “I never side with mass hysteria or run with the crowd for the latest sensation based upon popularity.”

I loved the movie and will see it twice! It was so entertaining.

DAYUM @TRACY, YOU SHOULD GO SEE IT DAMNIT!!!!!! WHEN I NEVER SAW YOUR REVIEW I WAS LIKE ‘FUCK IT I GUESS I GOTTA TAKE A CHANCE’ LOL 🙂 IT WAS GOOD THOUGH.

I like the fact that, you didn’t see it Tracy and the advice he’s giving single women is “it’s ok to sleep with a man after 3 months of dating” that’s promoting sex outside of marriage which is not Godly talk coming from a man who’s suppose to be saved.

• Angelhair says:

“it’s ok to sleep with a man after 3 months of dating” that’s promoting sex outside of marriage which is not Godly talk coming from a man who’s suppose to be saved.”

Palease!!!! Some of the biggest HO’s are in the church, from the pulpit down!

• 2Thick says:

Palease!!!! Some of the biggest HO’s are in the church, from the pulpit down!
      ———–

So true 😦 Sad but true!!!!

Palease!!!! Some of the biggest HO’s are in the church, from the pulpit down!
      ———–

So true Sad but true!!!!
      —————————–

Just becuz you a single christian fuckin, don’t mean you’s a whore. ain’t nobody holdin out till marriage no more. for what? that’s played out along with peddycoats and britches.

• Yasha says:

Palease!!!! Some of the biggest HO’s are in the church, from the pulpit down!
      ———–

So true Sad but true!!!!
      —————————–

***************

Not me!!! My legs are closed until I meet love and marriage. so I can’t cosign this. and YES I’m saved and my pastor ain’t no HO. Peace**

It’s all about your standard of living. I read Steve’s book and knew what to take in with a grain of salt but hey that’s me., i also think Steve’s so called Godly image is just that ..an image.

• Rezzie says:

__________

@Yvonne, which is why women have a bunch of soul ties connected to them because of the many penis’ they allow into their temples. Can’t speak for nobody else but my body is a temple and if i sleep with every man I date after 3 months then it’s no longer a temple, it’s an open house and free for all. Nah I cherish what God gave me and like Tracy said in her book COAS “It ain’t no nick-nack” either”

@Yasha, COSIGN!!!!!!!!

• CorporateBitch says:

“My legs are closed until I meet love and marriage.” —>>> Yasha, I’m pretty much with you on that one

6. Gee says:

Kevin Hart MADE THAT MOVIE! Hope he got paid well because that movie would have SUNK like the Titanic. If he wasn’t in it….boring!

@Tracy,
    I loved the movie. will see it again eventually.

I was really adamant about not seeing this movie because I can’t stand Steve Harvey. My homegirl dragged me and I LOVED it. Its a great movie.

Great cast and it made me walk away feeling real proud.

This is a must see movie. Kevin Hart showed out! full of laughter and some romance for the ladies. Hats off to the Producer/Director that brought this book to life.

Loved the Movie!!

To Tracy: Go see it girl! 🙂

11. yes says:

this movie is huge..you need to see it ms. bell

12. 2Thick says:

“Harvey’s movie is #1 in the country” –>>thats because ain’t shit else out!!!! theres no real competition. very smart strategy to release this movie when theres no one big coming out so they can have the number 1 spot

I agree @2Thick,
      “Its all about timing” exactly. they released this movie when there were no movies to compete with it, which is why its number one.

• Mrs. says:

“Harvey’s movie is #1 in the country”
      **************

No competition

• CorporateBitch says:

“Harvey’s movie is #1 in the country”
      **************

No competition
      ——————

even still i believe it would still be #1

On topic: Hate Steve Harvey loved the movie.

Oh and IMO Kevin Hart over-acted!

haven’t see the movie but i’m just glad it knocked hunger games out the damn box @#1!!!

The movie is a hit!!!
    I’ll admit I saw it because of it being an all black cast but it was good!!!

Tracy,
    I really enjoyed this movie. BIG fan of Megan Good! Went to iTunes to buy the song “tonight” which they played through out the whole movie. I would see it again just might.

18. keisha says:

PUHLEASE!
    I DON’T RUN WITH THE HYPE EITHER @TRA

19. sane says:

“I have nothing against Steve Harvey however, I’m selective about who I decided to hear relationship advice from, especially since Mr. Steve Harvey is twice divorced. And NO I haven’t read his book, nor was I too thrilled about his dating advice for single women during his promotional interviews.

So there you all have it. I never side with mass hysteria or run with the crowd for the latest sensation based upon popularity.”

Blog Queen you’s a bad monfuckin bitch!!!! I RESPECT the fact that, you’s ya own women and not influenced by no got damn body!!! That takes gutts. You go gurl!!!

• Ebony says:

Yeah my pastor said: “Steve is a comedian who would take his relationship advice seriously? He was like, you listen to him and ya relationship will be labeled a joke” 🙂 But the movie was good.

• FloridaGurl says:

———–

I cosign but it’s her blog so she’s entitled to give you her opinion esp. when people asked for it.

20. Mrs. says:

I saw it, only because my husband bribed me with a snow crab leg dinner (which he knows I absolutely can NOT resist). However, the movie was good. It was very predictable (that part I hated) but, all in all it was a good flick.

21. Ebony says:

The movie was typical but good. I enjoyed it for the laughs 🙂

It’s a star studded cast

•Michael Ealy —> Fyne as hail
    •Meagan Good —-> beautiful
    •Regina Hall ——–> steve pulled her from his former show
    •Kevin Hart ———-> too funny
    •Gabrielle Union ————> excellent
    •Romany Malco ————-> is a cutie
    •Taraji P. Henson ———-> my girl!!!
    •Terrence J ————-> he was aight
    •Jenifer Lewis ———–> excellent!!!!
    •Wendy Williams ———> eh
    •Chris Brown ————-> funny in his brief cameo
    •La La Anthony ———-> aight
    •Sherry Shepherd ——-> just not damn necessary!!!

• CorporateBitch says:

Michael Ealy —> Fyne as hail
      —————
      yeah he can get it 🙂

• CoCo says:

Michael Ealy —> Fyne as hail
      —————
      Lawd dats da truth!!!!! 🙂

• Felicia says:

Michael Ealy —> Fyne as hail
      —————
      I saw the movie because of him alone 🙂

• Mahogany says:

Romany Malco ————-> is a cutie
      *********
      But did Steve or whomever really need to add a token whitie?

But did Steve or whomever really need to add a token whitie?
      ————-
      Mahogany, you ain’t nobody these days unless you got a white accessory. Haven’t you heard? They say black women are the last to accept this new philosophy.

• applebottomgirl2011 says:

Michael Ealy ❤

“Think Like a Man” is one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while.!
    Kevin Hart>>>> ..I Lmbao..”

Yes Ms. Tracy, I 2 was waiting on your review of this film but hey…I saw it and it was ok. lol 🙂

I’ve read Steve Harvey’s book and while the information is good I think it is very sad that today you have to have a book to teach women to “wait 3 months” before having sex with someone or how to have enough common sense not to date married men or if you are with your man for a long time without the mention of marriage you’re just the down chick until his true wife comes along. SMDH

26. Tammy says:

I ain’t gone lie, I thought Steve Harvey’s movie would go “Str8 to DVD!!! But Congrats to him and his #1 spot. and NO I haven’t seen the movie.

Get em! I watched this movie for Regina, Meagan & Taraji. I like looking at pretty women.

Haven’t seen this movie yet but I hope it doesnt end up being like that Valentines Day movie. That movie had so many characters it was all over the place.

Eh this might be an o.k. film I wont talk bad about it, from some of the other garbage they put out, I’ll give him a shot. but I haven’t seen it yet. I’m waiting for the hype to calm down.

Glad black actors are working that’s all I can say about the movie and NO I have no interest in seeing this movie either. So I Cosign with Tra

• BrownGirl says:

Far as the movie,
      I cosign you Mahogany, glad to see black actors working that is all.

• applebottomgirl2011 says:

Is Black Hollywood short on black actors? I am tired of seeing the same ole ppl in movies. Glad they have a job. But, I think everyone should “Think Like A Woman”, we would shed less tears. LOL.

• Acquitta says:

@AppleBottom,
      They put the same black faces in movies to insure that we all go see it. And i went to see it just to see micheal ealy. They made a great choice to include him. 🙂

Hey Everyone!!! :Wave:

AND NO! DON’T think like a man, THINK LIKE THE LORD!

” Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. ”

1 Peter 1:16

• Rezzie says:

And this is a commandment, so why are people not living according to this commandment of being holy?????

33. FloridaGurl says:

A fresh breakout actress and actor would have been great in this movie but I’m sure many will be flocking to the theaters for their FAVS. Not me.

• Ionna says:

@Flo,
      Even though I would like to see some new talent represent us I’m happy to see us being represented.

@Flo I’m with you. instead of hiring true talent, they continue to either hire musicians or the same tired actors in hopes of putting butts in the theater seats. get a new formula already. this will be ur typical run of the middle nigger movier. nothing special.

Although, I did not buy Steve Harvey’s book. Hopefully it’s not a pre-requisite for the movie. The only problem I had with it is that all my homegirls who read his book also read “He’s just not that into you,” “How to Catch him and Keep Him”, etc. etc… Drinking from too many cups!! They were more confused than when they didn’t start reading the book if u ask me! Not saying it’s anybody’s fault, but my homegirl walked around for months quoting stuff from his book, like ” Don’t give up your cookies” etc etc…until she met a guy she liked.. THen, tha book went out tha window.

I’m still going to support the movie tho’.

• Felicia says:

my homegirl walked around for months quoting stuff from his book, like ”Don’t give up your cookies” etc etc…until she met a guy she liked.. THen, tha book went out tha window.
      ————–
      Um hello, Tracy addresses that 2 in “COAS” “don’t give up your cookies period!!!!!! so what’s your point @Starr.

• CeoDawg says:

________________

@Felicia, only Tra’s book came from the soul of her own experience, which is why she needs the platform but Harvey has the name.

• 2Thick says:

————–
      Exactly! There;s no comparison.

—————
      felicia, my comment was about steve’s book not Tracy’s. I know what da hell she said in her book and don’t need you to remind me. my point is, folk goin crazy by what steve harvey said when some of that shit oughta be common sense. don’t come for me.

Thinking like a man is not going to save a relationship or get you a good man. Steve Harvey was smart to write this book because he knows there are a lot of lonely, desperate females who are looking for advice on how to get man. This movie, like the book, is nothing but entertainment. Do not use it as a relationship guide. We don’t have enough testosterone to be thinking like a man. If God wanted us to think like a man he would have given all of us dicks and balls.

• Lexy says:

**************

Cosign @Olivijah,
      I got a tip for women who looking for a man…
      !!!! STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!!!!!!!

• Gabriella says:

I got a tip for women who looking for a man…
      !!!! STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!!!!!!!
      __________________

Clapping my hands @ this one***

36. CeoDawg says:

There’s no integrity, no loyalty in Steve’s message, it’s all trickery. I bet this mess was shot in Atlanta. If a Black actor wants to find work they have to chase it outside of the Birthplace of motion pictures. Doesn’t make sense…

@Tra that’s why I R.E.S.P.E.C.T. you because you can’t be fooled W.O.G.

37. UncleEd says:

Ah man @Tracy aka Blog Queen and I wanna see it

38. Pointman says:

Meagan Good..? Gabrielle Union..? The same old brown faces. There should’ve been more breakout stars. Then someone goes on to add old chicken legs LaLa who couldn’t act her way out of an MTV party. Of course Kevin Hart had to leave Santa’s side to be the token jokester without a woman in the top billing.

Hey Tracy

Hey everybody!

So Breezy is basically in the movie all but 5 minutes? WTF?

40. SueWee says:

I’m happy to see an African American romantic comedy where the woman hasn’t been raped, beaten, and on drugs.

I read the first chapter of Steve’s book…the PDF version that was emailed to me from Pookie and nem. Needless to say…I’m glad I didn’t spend a dime on that mess. Although I want to see Pretty Ricky (Michael Ealy) in all his fineness…But I’m gonna catch this when it hits the Redbox.

I’ll wait till the movie comes on netflix, I read the book & wasn’t impressed by it. Some of things he wrote in the book I thought was common knoweledge and some were somethings you’d learn from your father.

43. Dana says:

This movie is not Tyler Perry associates….which according to one review is “The best thing this has going for it is its lack of Tyler Perry” lol

I have zero interest in Steve’s book or this movie, but I’m so glad Black actors are working.

This movie looks corny! I’ll wait for it to hit BET

“I’m selective about who I decided to hear relationship advice from, especially since Mr. Steve Harvey is twice divorced.”

I liked the movie but would never take advice from Steve Harvey he can’t tell me anything about a relationship!

The movie seems kinda funny, but seriously…..I won’t go see it not much on the screen to cream my britches. I can wait for the DVD. The $5 DVD. Guess I’ll be seeing it in 2013.

Screw Steve Harvey and that horrible squirrel on his mouth that he calls a mustache. But Michael Ealy is fyne!!!

49. Tammy says:

umph!!!!! next

Steve Harvey wrote a relationship book and is on his third marriage to his former mistress…makes me want to go see the movie, don’t you?? NOT!!! LOL I’m with Tracy on this one

• Joanne says:

——————————-

Exactly!!!! I wouldn’t follow him to the dog pound.

LOL @ my girl’s commentation 🙂

But….Nope I think I am going to get it bootlegged Not going to the movies to see this mess not me.

Whoaaa 🙂 LOL at all of the comments…

But I think I will be getting it on boot-leg….

My friend gave me the book and I read few pages then thought to myself “why the hell would I read a relationship book from someone who has had 3 failed marriages” It’s been in my trunk for almost 2 years now

54. YES says:

Dayum sound like Tracy’s influencing the masses up in dis tip.

55. AnnaB says:

“My girlfriend Joy-cee asked me “why she hadn’t seen my blog review regarding the movie”

I’m guilty cause I sent you an email asking you too, why not mention my name???. 🙂

LMAO cause Trace didn’t buy into the hype.

57. adrianepage says:

Wow, Why the hell do i want to think like a man, and a man is thinking like a man? So who is out there thinking like a woman…besides women i smarter than men why should i dummy down!