Law and order, News, Tragedy, What he said, What she said

Former High School Star Deserves A Shot at NFL Future…


Pictured above is Brian Banks and he’s crying as his kidnap and rape conviction is dismissed yesterday in a Long Beach, California courtroom.

Brian’s story started ten years ago, he was a high school football star in Long Beach, Calif., heading for a full scholarship at powerhouse University of Southern California when he was falsely accused of rape and kidnap. The accusations ruined all of Brian’s potential NFL dreams.

But after spending ten years in a California prison, Brian’s accuser “friended him on Facebook” with a very strange request to let “bygones be bygones”. So with the help of a private investigator, Brian’s accuser was recorded admitting she made the whole (rape and kidnapping) thing up and was reluctant to come forward because of a 1.5 million dollar settlement she had reached with the school district.

But with the help of the Innocence Project, Banks used the evidence to be exonerated and as of yesterday (Thursday May 24, 2012) a prosecutor moved to have the case and his charges dismissed.

Having lost 10 years of life that Brian can’t possibly get back, he’s hoping now for an NFL career and damn well deserve it.

But what do you think should happen to Brian Bank’s accuser? A women who so conveniently lied and deterred his life and dreams of a promising NFL career. A woman who so nonchalantly “befriended Brian on Facebook” as if he hadn’t suffered and lived ten years behind bars because of her LIE!!!!!

I hope and pray charges are brought against her, and she is made to pay back every penny she was awarded for lying on an innocent young man.

Source

Controversy, Crime, Dearly Departed, Law and order, News

Florida A&M student beaten to death in hazing ritual he thought was an honor…


Robert Champion (pictured above), was severely beaten in a hazing incident which took place Nov. 19, 2011. A ritual that’s rampant in the Florida A&M University marching band. Champion was vying to be lead drum major and wanted the respect he could earn by enduring a brutal ritual known as “crossing over.”

The 26-year-old was found unresponsive on board a chartered bus parked outside an Orlando hotel after the school’s football team lost to rival Bethune-Cookman college.

Investigators believe Champion was punched and pummeled repeatedly on board the bus by other band members in a hazing incident gone horribly wrong. Witnesses told emergency dispatchers that Champion vomited and struggled to breathe before he collapsed. Champion had bruises to his chest, arms, shoulder and back and internal bleeding that caused him to go into shock, which killed him.

Immediately after the hazing, Champion complained of thirst (due to loss of blood internally) and fatigue, then loss of vision and signs of shock, the report said.

Champion’s death is the latest in a history of injurious hazing incidents at the historically black college. In 2001, Florida A&M University band member Marcus Parker suffered kidney damage after being beaten with a paddle “around 300 times,” investigators reported.

And three weeks before Champion’s death on Nov. 19, a female band member’s thigh bone was broken when she was severely beaten. Three male band members were arrested in that incident.

Champion’s parents, Robert and Pam Champion, Sr. (pictured below), have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Florida A&M University’s board of directors, which the family says has covered up a “culture of hazing” at the school for many years.

Thirteen band members have been charged with causing Champion’s death on Nov. 19. Eleven defendants face a count of third-degree felony hazing, and two others have been charged with misdemeanors. The team has been suspended at least until next year, and its director resigned earlier this month.

Celebrity Justice, Law and order, Tragedy, Violence

“William Balfour Found Guilty”


William Balfour, the man accused of killing Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew, was found guilty after only 3 days of deliberation.

While jurors were split 9-3 on a verdict just hours before it was announced, they said afterward that deliberations were cordial and some of them simply wanted more information before deciding on a conviction.

Balfour was convicted of first degree murder, home invasion and residential burglary.

William is convicted of killing Hudson’s family in a jealous rage after finding out his wife, Jennifer’s sister Julia Hudson, was seeing another man. I don’t hardly believe that!! I believe William Balfour is guilty of maybe being involved in the murders but he definitely didn’t act alone.

Balfour is facing life in prison.

Controversy, Crime, Law and order, Murder, News

Judge Sets $150,000 Bond for Zimmerman


The self-proclaimed neighborhood watch killer had a hearing in Seminole County Florida this morning, where a judge set his bond at $150,000.

Clad in a dark suite and a crisp white shirt and tie, Zimmerman appeared in court looking like a choir boy; as he apologized to Tracy and Sabrina Martin for killing their son Trayvon.

Zimmerman’s bond comes with the following stipulations: he must seek permission to travel out-of-state for his safety, when in my opinion, he’s safe nowhere at this point. Zimmerman has to have GPS monitoring system, no possession of firearms, no use of controlled substance and no contact with the victim’s family.

He must also meet with the state to be fitted for a GPS ankle bracelet, which means he most likely won’t be released until Monday. However, Zimmerman can be released by paying at least 15,000 which is 10% of his bond.

Crime, Law and order, Murder, News

Zimmerman reacts after learning he will not be released on bond


Trayvon Martin’s killer will remain behind bars for another month with no bond.

George Zimmerman, 28, appeared in a Seminole County courtroom today for his bond hearing wearing a gray prison issued jumpsuit. He remained calm as the judge read instructions to his attorney Mark O’Mara. After the hearing, O’Mara said bond will be set “in the next few weeks.”

Referring to his client as “indigent,” O’Mara told the media he was not charging Zimmerman a dime for his services. Earlier this week Zimmerman set up a PayPal account on his personal website to receive donations from the public.

Florida State Attorney and prosecutor, Angela Corey, also attended the hearing for Zimmerman’s bond hearing at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman was charged yesterday with second degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin who died of a single gunshot wound on February 26, 2012.

Zimmerman has always claimed he acted in self-defense the night he shot Trayvon, who was unarmed. But Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, has a history of prowling his gated community with a gun, and calling 911 46 times to report “suspicious” black men — despite the fact that the men broke no laws.