We’ve all heard the term “side piece” before….it’s that guy or girl who does anything you want and they’re not your boyfriend, girlfriend or significant other, they’re just your side piece. Like a chicken meal with a biscuit or a big mac sammich with a “side” of fries, never the main course but just a little something on the side. They’re your 2:00 am booty call who know what’s up, no attachments expected, just sex, sex and sex.. with a real understanding they’re your piece on the side.
And in “side piece” relationships there comes the “side piece” agreements such as:
- You’re probably not the only one.
- You can only focus on stolen moments.
- You can’t mention the wife/husband or the main dude/chick, because they need NOT be your concern.
- You can anticipate frequent changes in your spur of the moment hookups.
- As a side piece you must maintain a positive vibe while in each others company for the success of your sitationship.
- You can’t blast your situationship to the world so no tagging your “side piece” on Facebook and don’t send him/her invitations to your family gatherings because your relationship is a side thing not a main thing.
- No discussions about where “your situation” is headed because it’s headed just where it is for the moment.
- And lastly, There are no guarantees about the outcome of your situationship: when you are a cheater at heart, and that won’t change… a “side piece” will never be promoted to the main chick, please know that yet another sidepiece will fill the vacancy that’s been left behind.
Ok…… so now that you’ve gotten a little gist on the rules that govern “side piece” relationships, join me tonight at 6:30 p.m. on “Conversations Of A Sistah“ via Blog Talk Radio as I discuss this topic with the Author of “Side Piece Chronicles” Joi Miner.
Follow the “Conversation links” in this post to access the show!!!