Author Of “Side Piece Chronicles” on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

November 18, 2015 by The ReadyWriter

Joi Miner

We’ve all heard the term “side piece” before….it’s that guy or girl who does anything you want and they’re not your boyfriend, girlfriend or significant other, they’re just your side piece. Like a chicken meal with a biscuit or a big mac sammich with a “side” of fries, never the main course but just a little something on the side. They’re your 2:00 am booty call who know what’s up, no attachments expected, just sex, sex and sex.. with a real understanding they’re your piece on the side.

And in “side piece” relationships there comes the “side piece” agreements such as:

1. You’re probably not the only one.
  2. You can only focus on stolen moments.
  3. You can’t mention the wife/husband or the main dude/chick, because they need NOT be your concern.
  4. You can anticipate frequent changes in your spur of the moment hookups.
  5. As a side piece you must maintain a positive vibe while in each others company for the success of your sitationship.
  6. You can’t blast your situationship to the world so no tagging your “side piece” on Facebook and don’t send him/her invitations to your family gatherings because your relationship is a side thing not a main thing.
  7. No discussions about where “your situation” is headed because it’s headed just where it is for the moment.
  8. And lastly, There are no guarantees about the outcome of your situationship: when you are a cheater at heart, and that won’t change… a “side piece” will never be promoted to the main chick, please know that yet another sidepiece will fill the vacancy that’s been left behind.

Ok…… so now that you’ve gotten a little gist on the rules that govern “side piece” relationships, join me tonight at 6:30 p.m. on Conversations Of A Sistah via Blog Talk Radio as I discuss this topic with the Author of “Side Piece Chronicles” Joi Miner.

Follow the “Conversation links” in this post to access the show!!!

See you on the air!

144 thoughts on “Author Of “Side Piece Chronicles” on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

1. Henrietta says:

she’s beautiful. but Tracy you really broke down those rules of a side piece LOL 😆 wow.

All the ‘side pieces’ stand up!

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TRA SOUND LIKE THE EXPERT ON DAT SHIT!

wow. gotta hear this. tuning in. hey tracy

5. Slick says:

nothing like a side piece to supply that short term need. then you send that ass home and tell her to keep her mouth shut and not blow up ya spot.

“As a side piece you must maintain a positive vibe while in each others company for the success of your sitationship” <<<-LMAO 😆 at this. Tracy you are a trip!!!

Morning

8. Neesy says:

Good morning.
    Side Piece pussy is just as real as the latest STD

• Omar says:

Not all side pieces got STD’s but I wouldn’t know I ain’t into that 🙂

• Pointmen says:

Not all side pieces got STD’s
        ——
        whenever you’re in relationSHIP(S) with different/multiple people or more than 1 person, an STD is highly likely.

1.You’re probably not the only one.
    2.You can only focus on stolen moments.
    3.You can’t mention the wife/husband or the main dude/chick, because they need NOT be your concern.
    4.You can anticipate frequent changes in your spur of the moment hookups.
    5.As a side piece you must maintain a positive vibe while in each others company for the success of your sitationship.
    6.You can’t blast your situationship to the world so no tagging your “side piece” on Facebook and don’t send him/her invitations to your family gatherings because your relationship is a side thing not a main thing.
    7.No discussions about where “your situation” is headed because it’s headed just where it is for the moment.
    8.And lastly, There are no guarantees about the outcome of your situationship: when you are a cheater at heart, and that won’t change… a “side piece” will never be promoted to the main chick, please know that yet another sidepiece will fill the vacancy that’s been left behind.
    ********
    Hilarious!!! Scary Tra but SOOOOO TRUE

Going to be an interesting show. 😛

11. Princess says:

While the 10 agreements in that “side piece” list may be true. I don’t find it funny at all. There are some sistahs and brothaz living that as their reality. smh

• BillyBoy says:

Princess it’s only sad if you’re the ‘side piece’ some woman are satisfied with being the side meal and not the main course. a lot of women have low self esteems.

Hm….a guy that does anything you want that isn’t your boyfriend and you can still get with other guys. the best thing a girl can ever have. 😛

13. Cameo says:

Yeah ain’t nothing like someone that you can talk to, at your convenience while you are in a relationship. No strings attached, no stress, no expections, no bullshit.

I am LMMFAO 😆 at this post so I can’t even imagine the questions Trace gon throw at this chick on the show tonight. Wow! side pieces gave up on love long time ago. like in H.S. LOL!!! Dayum!

15. Browngirl says:

There is NO FUTURE with a side piece trick be it man or woman.

16. Mrs. says:

I wish my husband would have a ‘side piece’ I’d kill his ass. point.blank.period!!!!

• ManUp says:

******
      sounds like you ain’t playin either. damn.

• MRS. says:

******
        sounds like you ain’t playin either. damn.
        ———
        I’m NOT!

welp this sounds like a show that every married woman or man should be tuned in too.

Great conversation piece. I’ll be tuned in as usual.

Sounds like a good book. Have to hear the show. I always look forward to these weekly conversations TRacy

Can’t wait to hear this topic.

“in “side piece” relationships there comes the “side piece” agreements such as
    1. YOU’S A HOE AND ALWAYS BE A SIDE HOE!!

whatz up wit Trace these days she don’t share personal shit no more. 😦 like her dinner dates and her latest restaurant trips.

23. xmen says:

as long as there’s money, corruption and deceiver’s in this world, there’s always room for the career as a side piece. those are the side piece chronicles right there.

anxious to hear this

Ok I’m waiting

26. Corporatebitch says:

And in “side piece” relationships there comes the “side piece” agreements
    Tra you ain’t neva LIED!!!! 😛 LOL!!

27. Corporatebitch says:

I betta be all the pieces that nigga need and want 😆 😛

Music queing up……. *dancing*

I gotta GET that book!!!

see how men trick women? that is so deep. smh 😦 good show Tracy

31. bobby says:

Tracy you were gonna have her READ A PIECE OF POETRY. what happened?

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her “situationship” as Tracy called it. 😆 she must’ve had some sense of humor. cuss my arse woulda been somewhere cryin n pissed!!

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her
      ——-
      yea that is a bit much.

• Neesy says:

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her
        ——-
        Ion think I could do that.

• Mittsey says:

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her
        ——-
        her girlfriend was comfortable being the side piece so…

• Flo says:

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her
        ——-
        but did y’all hear how Tracy asked her “and your gf was able to laugh at what was happening in her situationship” that’s deep but a lil twisted at the same time.

her girlfriend allowed her to write a story about her
        ——-
        Which is why Tracy said to her “you changed names right?” and she said YES. As long as she changed my name, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

• Donte says:

names were changed to protect those involved.

Great guest!! Go Joi!!!! Good show Tra

34. I just read your comments and laughed so hard. I really enjoyed being on the show. I had a BLAST! Thank you for having me, Tracy and thank y’all for listening!

35. Neesy says:

she was good. we need to get that book.

I love me some conversations of a sistah. can we get the ending song.

37. BigBelly says:

I’m so attracted to Tracy’s voice. I swear. she fine too but the show is a real turn on for me.

38. Joi Miner says:

I really enjoyed myself! Miss Bell, thank you for having me! Thank y’all for the compliments. I enjoyed reading the comments. I was too tickled! See y’all next time! ^_^ Can I use those rules in the next book, Miss Bell? Lol.

• Flo says:

Hey Joi!!!! Girl your story sounds juicy. gonna check out the book. Good show. I listened to the rewind this morning. Be blessed my sistah.

Joi I enjoyed hearing your story. I may have to check it out.

Oh good show. you were a great guest. well spoken…..Tracy Bell aka blog queen love juicy and scandalous topics. 😆

• Sane says:

yes it was a good show.

• 2thick4you says:

Kudos to the author.

• SoldierBoy says:

Joi the topic of ya book got some of my “conversations of a sistah” family upset. Damn this is a rough neighborhood to live in.

• Joi Miner says:

Hey Flo! Please do! And let me know what you think. I had fun writing the story and have had great reviews so far!

• Joi Miner says:

Tamala, Sane, and 2thick4u thanks so much! I can’t remember the last time I had that much fun on a radio show! Lol

• Mrs. says:

Hey Joi…..I see you.
        Question: you had fun writing the book really? But could you say that if the story was about your husband and his side piece?

• Joi Miner says:

I do believe that I could, if that was my reality. I understand that people are upset, especially those who are married, because this is a reality that we hope never becomes our own. The book is a story. I enjoy writing and telling stories. Like I said last night, though, if you know who you are marrying, that can cut down on a lot of the lies and confusion.

• QTip says:

aw hail.

• Acquitta says:

Hi Joi. I enjoyed listening to your story.
        C’mon now, how does your GF feel about you finding such a hurtful experience funny after turning it into a novel? I don’t think being caught up as a side piece relationship is a funny matter

• Joi Miner says:

Acquitta,

No one is making fun of anyone. She embraced and accepted her reality and that it wasn’t just hers. We’ve all made bad decisions and being able to look back at our errors and find humor in it, is a mark of growth.

• AppleBottomGirl says:

Hey Joi/Jameesha good morning
        My mom was talking about when my father had a mistress last night after hearing the show and she was able to laugh. so I see how it’s possible.

show was ear popping. But….Ion know…..if I was a married man’s side piece Ion know if I would have the GUTTS to tell anybody. I think I would have to take that shame all the way to the grave. Smh

Her friend had nothing to hide, besides she found out the man was married after she fell in love with him.

Yea he tricked her but I think I woulda felt foolish after the fact.

• Miss Ang says:

first of all, I have a hard time believing her friend didn’t know the man was married. a married man can’t spend time with you the way a single man can. They can’t stay the night and they have to be home at a certain time. Just like a dog back to the kennel. They can’t go away for long weekends and they damn sure ain’t gone give you a home number. so how could she not see the signs of a married man? the story is just hard to believe.

• Flo says:

Miss Ang. sometimes we know it and just don’t wanna see the signs

Nothing can be delivered and set free if it’s covered up. remember that ladies. I was glad that her friend ultimately let the married man go. Just sad to hear that she believed actually believed that he would leave his wife. 😡 smh. in the meantime he was dipping his wand in 2 ponds. nasty ass. 😛

• Sane says:

Nothing can be delivered and set free if it’s covered up.
        ——-
        some men like the arrangements between their wives and side piece. that’s why it’s the best kept secret.

~~~~~
        Maybe Sane that’s true however, the girl didn’t know the man was married! Did U even listen to the show?

• Sane says:

YES I heard the show. and the reason married men don’t announce they’re married is because they want the BEST of both worlds. The wife and the side piece 2gether in a beautiful arrangement.

• Flo says:

——-
        Oh HELLS NO I don’t think so. what planet are u from? Not in today’s society. some women might be down with that but I’m NOT. I wish a kneegrow would!

• 2thick4you says:

——-
        What in THEE Fuck are you talkin bout? some men and women might like that old time back in the day hookup but too many men and women are being killed, misled, lied too and hurt behind side piece arrangements. 2 each his own boo.

——-
        what your saying MIGHT be true. But if these ‘side piece’ bitches would shut down one of those worlds this wouldn’t be an issue now would it?

• Donte says:

dipping his wand in 2 ponds.
        LMAO 😆 that is too funny

Good show. I heard the rewind last night. I especially like how Trace wrote the “side piece agreements up top. hellava larious.

Book sounds like an interesting read. as a married woman I might be mad as hell though. Thank you Tracy for bringing that up last night too.

42. SoldierBoy says:

Trace the show was off the hook…I like her.

Lawd have mercy. the chile said “side pieces” are a reality. and she’s speaking from her knowledge of women who have and/are living it. sounds like a subject that needs to be dealt with. JESUS!!!! have mercy!!!!

44. PookieNem says:

I know last night’s show topic got some of y’all GOING OFF up in here. It was a good show and the author was on point. Tracy always keep it interesting. we have to remember when we raise the consciousness of what is wrong people are prone to be pissed. have a blessed day fam.

The title of the book alone is O_o
    She was a great guest!
    Tracy I LOVE…LOVE LOVE the write up (good post) those side piece agreements are a trip!
    Now I think I may check out the book.

46. Mrs. says:

show was good Ms. Bell.
    The conversation was and the details of the book was shocking thou.
    my motto is…it ain’t my shoe so I don’t have to wear it.

I heard the show because I missed it last night.
    And judging by some of these comments the topic/subject/book raised some eyebrows. Blood pressures too.

I say, if this is not your reality, it should roll off ya back like water off a duck. But if it looks like a duck, walk like a duck and quack like a duck, then guess what? it’s a duck! LOL!!!

48. Pointmen says:

Good show Trace. Keep dealing with REAL TOPICS and everyday issues. I like that 🙂 and Ion care who gets pissed OFF. LOL!

49. OLIVIJAH says: