Hudson Family Murder Trial Is Under Way

April 23, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

It’s been four years since the brutal murders of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew allegedly gunned down by Jennifer’s then brother-in-law William Balfour.

Balfour who was married to Jennifer’s sister Julia at the time, supposedly went into a jealous rage after he saw a gift of balloons from her new boyfriend at their house on her birthday. Julia witnessed Balfour lingering outside of their home the day of brutal murders and prosecutor’s believe, he went back inside the three-story house around 9 a.m. and used a .45-caliber handgun to kill Hudson’s mother, 57-year-old Darnell Donerson in the living room, and then shot her 29-year-old brother, Jason Hudson, twice in the head as he lay in bed.

He allegedly drove off in Jason Hudson’s SUV with Julia Hudson’s son, Julian King, inside. Authorities say he shot the boy nicknamed Juice Box in the head as he lay behind a front seat. His body was found in the abandoned vehicle miles away after a three-day search.

This is the prosecutor’s theory of Balfour’s murder motive but I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons. I think drugs and money are at the root of why Jennifer Hudson’s family was murdered in such a vile and brutal fashion.

Jennifer Hudson is on a list of witnesses set to testify, so let’s stay tuned as the chilling details from this trial emerge.

100 thoughts on “Hudson Family Murder Trial Is Under Way

1. alscream says:

I cosign you Trace, you ain’t gon damn near kill a whole family cause you jealous of some birthday balloons. flatten her tires or bust her window out maybe but to kill half the whole damn fam over some balloons that’s crazy.

• Sane says:

Ion it seem like her sister was edging him on to make him more jealous..some females actually think if he gets jealous he loves me, if he beat me he loves me well in this case he killed..why would she keep letting him in.. I wish they wouldn’t have took those threats lightly.. prayers for them through this…

• Acquitta says:

Her sister is a fat bitch and I would be mad as hell knowing she married a gang mbr who could potentially kill mbr of our family. Now her dumb ass gotta live with it.

• SlickRick says:

~~~~~~~~~
      her sister prolly got a low self-esteem. i also heard she’s a ho. but i cosign you 100%

• Aceman says:

@ her size i’m shocked she could get ANY man let alone 2 or 3

• Adam says:

Her sister Julia was desperate and I hope to never know a woman that become that desperate. It’s just a shame that the sister choose a man like this. What a pitiful mess.

• Al-scream says:

Her sister Julia was desperate
      ______________________________

Because she’s fat — she believed she had to marry a man from prison—that’s the best she felt she could do.

I’m LOL @ Y’all’s comments….the bottom line is this: What that man did was unthinkable. He deserves to die as fast as they can get him there. But, the women that choose these prisoners are bound to be hurt. That’s why they’re in prison in the first place. Helllooooo my sistah gurls.!

• EbonyEyes says:

**************
      IDTS not my idea of a good solid man.

Her sister Julia was desperate -> Cosign!!

her sister prolly got a low self-esteem. ->Cosign!!

Ion it seem like her sister was edging him on to make him more jealous..some females actually think if he gets jealous he loves me->Cosign!! and it became deadly, her fat ass is lucky he didn’t get her

My heart goes out to Jennifer.
    How horrific.
    No person, famous or not ever deserves to ever go through something like this.
    And I hope they do more than convict him, he deserves the death penalty

What a horrific story. Ladies, this is another story where dating a “bad boy” is a BAD idea. This bad boy went from bad to murderous at a terrible cost. Choose your man with the utmost care.

I agree with Mahogany:
      Not blaming anyone but I must say this….. Women need to be more cautious about the type of men they bring around their family and children! This guy was a high school drop out and a former gang member. WTF???

——————-
      Unfortunately it’s too late now for Julia, this mad man she hooked up with killed her son, her mother and her brother. he literally ripped their hearts out.

What was it about him that led Julia to believe he was husband material in the first damn place? SMH..She lost her whole family behind this fool.

There is something very strange about this case. there is no way this boy acted alone. how could you kill two adults plus abduct a child and not encounter the fight of ya life. it’s something not right with this case. I think there may be more possibly involved.

Such a horrible crime. Rip to the Husdon family. May God bless Jennifer and her family. This man deserves the maximum sentence possible. He is sick and needs to be kept off the streets.

So sad.

8. YES says:

Sad but what did they expect when she married a thug with a rap sheet?

• Felicia says:

Sad but what did they expect when she married a thug with a rap sheet?
      *********
      I don’t think they expected to lose half their family. SMH

he look so evil.

Not only does murder take away a loved one, it affects everyone that knew that person forever.
    God Bless the Hudson family and may Jesus bring some kind of peace.

Whassup wit dat niggas hair??? Is that prison grow-out? Damn a blow out.
    Shit he look ruff

12. Tammy says:

I don’t understand women that choose men to date or marry that have a history of any kind from prison. In my opinion its an accident waiting to happen.

Who would want a man from jail or prison. It’s unconscionable to me. I don’t blame Jennifer Hudson of course, but her sister is an idiot.

This is what the death penalty is for. He should get a sentence of death.

This is so sad.
    God bless her!

“I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons.”

I do too.

This was really tragic. She always talks about her mother and her influence and guidance. That guy should be drawn and quartered, along with everyone who kills or rapes.

You can take the girl outta the ghetto…..

Jennifer needs to stop losing weight. She has an unusually large head and she looks like a bobble head.

20. 2thick4you says:

I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons.
    They said on the news this morning that jennifer’s family was targeted becus her brother was a known drug dealer. I believe that.

• I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons.
      —————

Jennifer’s sister was still fucking him. i don’t believe he killed them. I think the killings were drug related. her brother know why and Jennifer prolly know wassup too.

• Mrs. says:

**********
      Yeah and I think b4 it’s all over they gon digg up some shit on her brother and what he was into. But the fact that Julia Hudson slept with him the day b4 the killings doesn’t make sense.

They said on the news this morning that jennifer’s family was targeted becus her brother was a known drug dealer. —>somebody was dealing something

• Coco says:

Jennifer’s sister was still fucking him

They both were desperate. She knew he had other women pregnant and was still fucking him? Just dumb and senseless. Y’all look for a whole buncha shit to come out in the coming weeks.

• Donte says:

Jennifer’s sister was still fucking him

——————-
      how do you fuck a fat chick when she has layers and layers of fat and slabb ha da hell do you find the hole??

———
      Donte, Jennifer said she tried to get Julia on WW but she declined, she was able to get other family members on though. And yes for the record some men LOVE fat sloppy women like Julia.

• 2Thick4U says:

***********
      wow..not surprise that they she was still sleepin with him either way Julia made a bad choice and their brother did too if he was involved in some shysty shit that got them all killed.

• Daisy says:

***********
      I agree. there was something notorious going on to have attracted this type of evilness to the home. it’s sad.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

Did y’all know that Julia Hudson just filed for divorce from this guy??!! What was she waiting for??!! I really have no respect for Julia Hudson. She just seems like one of those desperate types that wants attention from any guy who will give her the time of day.

RIP to the family….

21. Why did her brother feel the need to have a gun with a kid in the house? The environment was dangerous period. It’s something fishy bout the whole thing.

22. Mrs. says:

The info coming out in this case is not good. esp. upon cross examination.

“I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons.”

When we know damn well ain’t nobody’s pussy that good. I’m sorry but I do believe there’s more to this story. If a nigga (a crazy 1 at that) was that jealous of some balloons why not pop the damn ballons why kill half the family? That just don’t make no good damn sense. They gotta come up with something stronger than that.

waiting for more information to emerge. somewhere lies the truth. there ain’t even no DNA evidence to link ole dude to the crime scene or the gun.

Praying for her and her family could not imagine losing my fam in such a way!

“I believe it was about more than a jealous rage over some birthday balloons. I think drugs and money are at the root of why Jennifer Hudson’s family was murdered”.

Tracy, of course there’s something messy, scandalous and gossipy about three generations of a family being all wiped out at once. Fuckin sad 😦

I call bullshit on this! I know there are men that like em BIG but damn!! Julia is nothing to be possessive over I think it was more about staying in the family that had a star. My heart goes out to them but the jealousy theory seems far fetched.

I believe this:
    Jennifer and Julia’s deceased brother Jason, being a known drug dealer was killed in a drug deal gone wrong and they took his mom and nephew too.

but that Jealousy mess over Julia….CHILD PLEASE!!!

yeah this is sad but let’s be real here, none of the evidence point to the man that’s being accused of the crime! All they got are threats. Hail i’ve threatened niggas before but did i actually kill them? NO!!! so the argument they are trying to make this case out of is weak. real waek.

• YES says:

@Donte
      They trying to go with drug dealers killed them but if this was the case the lil man wudve been dead in the house with the other two. What was the point of driving him around? I think it was him and probably an accompliance but he was definitely involved.

• XMen says:

Either way, I believe dude didn’t act alone.

The prosecution has very little evidence against Balfour but sadly they will get a conviction based on Jennifer’s celebrity status alone.

31. SueWee says:

Whatever the truth is it’s tragic.

Damn they wasted no time putting her on the stand! Its a sad story no matter what the outcome.

Damn whats up with the men in Chi? She couldnt find another dude better than this? SMH

My prayers go out to Jhud, I read on tmz she was crying during her testimony, poor thing. terrible to lose 3 fam members, all in 1 day. they need to give him life. sticking a needle that is painless and causes you to go to eternal sleep is too easy.

This guy needs to burn in hell. Slowly.

Just goes to show you ladies. The bad boy is not the best catch.

• 2Thick4U says:

Just goes to show you ladies. The bad boy is not the best catch.
      ———
      Palease!!! This bad boy was not only a broke thug livin from pillow to post between his mama but he is an excon who ain’t got shit!!!! Don’t nobody want him but JHud’s desperate sistah Julia. So he was no where near a catch let alone GOOD!!! GTFOH!!!

37. Tammy says:

Julia is at fault, sorry. She met him when he was just coming out of prison after serving a sentence for yet another murder. She knew exactly what she was getting into when she married him.

In court Julia said when her son would hug and kiss her, williams would tell him “get the fuck off my wife”. i would have divorced his ass right there.

she put a man before her child, that is a mistake a single mother should NEVER make. too many kids getting killed by their moms boyfriends, and mom saw signs of abuse but didnt want to say anything so she could keep a man. i cant stand that shit.

• daisydukes2010 says:

COSIGN!!!

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

Ladies,
      Julia is no prize true, but even she should have been more selective. This is so sad.

38. SoldierOne says:

DNA and finger prints didn’t match Balfour’s! Now that’s a problem. My prayers go out to Jennifer God bless her whether this is the guy or not!

If he killed a kid I say string his azz up.

40. Anonymous says:

So sad. I will never understand how someone can take the life of another. Life is so sacred and it is simply not ours to take. I feel badly for all of them, but I cannot help but think about the fear that poor child must have endured before he was killed. This man deserves to rot in prison.

Good morning CEO Fam.
    For those who know a word of prayer, let’s pray for the Hudson family thru this terrible ordeal.

something new is revealed everyday. wonder what’s coming out today?

43. Tammy says:

Jennifer and Julia know why and they know who did it.

I pray for peace in this horrific situation. whatever the outcome I hope they have the right guy.

Does anyone else think Balfour look like one of the lil rascals in that picture 🙂 LMAO I’m so wrong for that

This is a real sad situation. and it sounds like both Jennifer’s brother and Balfour both sold drugs out the house. they say the house was ransacked, so either he (Jason Huson) owed somebody some money or this was some sort of revenge for something.

47. IntenseShit says:

SORRY, JUST NOT BUYING THIS STORY AT ALL. JENNIFER KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT WHY HER FAMILY WAS TAKEN OUT, BOTH HER AND HER EVIL SISTER.

• Jamilla says:

@Intense,
      Everytime they speak regarding William Balfour, they talk like he actually did it. What evidence have you really heard where you would automatically assume he did it? Oh, I guess its because it was Jennifer Hundson’s family?? Whatever. I would like to hear some evidence before I convict this man. OH and by the way, have you seen Julia? Really!!

I’m sorry she lost her family, but something ain’t right with this story.

This nigga never striked me as the actual killer. I think they were pressured to make a quick arrest and he was the easy target cause he already had a violent relationship with the sister. Jenn’s sister seemed suspect to me from the very beginning. Posting pics on myspace having fun the day before her boys and family funeral.
    Lastly, when the investigation went on when this happened they said it was a struggle between the brother and the killer. Now its he was laying in bed sleep.
    Yea, this doesnt sound right.

50. applebottomgirl2011 says:

people do you really think he killed them over some balloons? c’mon people use ur head… her brother was a known drug dealer who made some promises he couldnt keep

• annonymous says:

Jason Hudson was a small time dealer of no revelence. William Balfour is a fucking murderer scumbag!!

• yes says:

We pretty much already knew Jason sold drugs, but that doesn’t mean Balfour isn’t guilty.

• annonymous says:

Balfour killed them why else would Jason’s truck be close to Balfour’s girlfriend’s apt on the westside of Chicago and they lived on the southside? And how the hell did Balfour have the keys to the truck at the time of his arrest?

_______

IMO Balfour didn’t do it alone. I think somebody else is def. involved because alot of stuff don’t make sense. I also believe the killings were a culmination of a couple of things, drugs being one of them.

51. CeoDawg says:

balloons.. really.. this dude is really stuck on some stupid azzzzzzzzz shyt..

52. annonymous says:

My prayers to the family.

Jennifer Hudson’s brother-in-law confessed that he killed two members of the superstar’s family, his mistress testified Friday.

“He said, ‘They got shot,’ and I said, ‘Who?’ He said, ‘Her mother and her brother,’ and I was looking at him crazy … like bug eyed, and just staring at him,” Shonta Cathey told jurors.

“He say he went in and the brother rushed him, and he shot him, and the mother was coming down the stairs, calling his name, and he shot her.”

But Balfour promised his mistress that he hadn’t hurt 7-year-old Julian King, as he confessed in her West Side apartment around 3 p.m., the same place he was arrested three hours later, Cathey said.

No one is putting hit on an entire family to get someone who sells drugs. Only thing I find hard to believe is that Balfore was supposedly cheating on Julia with two other broads when he looks like a retarded midget.