Thursday on “Conversations Of A Sistah” Election 2012, Does the 47% matter?

October 31, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Tuesday November 6, 2012 is election day and with so many potential ploys being set in place to block the vote, this election has become crucial.

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney believes that 47 percent of the people will vote for president Barack Obama no matter what, because they are a bunch of freeloaders who pay no taxes, who don’t assume any responsibility for their lives, and who think government should take care of them…Romney believes there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food stamps, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Romney believes: “His job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” Romney has secretly expressed his disdain for Americans who “back” president Barack Obama, thinking that most of them are African-American minorities and Latino Americans.

Therefore, Romney feels a strategy to steal the presidency rather than to win it honestly, so he told his contributors this:

“women are open to supporting me,” but that “we are having a much harder time with Hispanic voters, and if the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African-American voting block has in the past, why, we’re in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation.” When one attendee asked how this group could help Romney sell himself to others, he answered, “Frankly, what I need you to do is to raise millions of dollars.” He added, “The fact that I’m either tied or close to the president…that’s very interesting.”

This Thursday November 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM on “Conversations Of A Sistah” on “Conversations Live” my guest will be Rev. Dr. Kenneth Darryl Ray Clayton (pictured here), Pastor of the St. Luke Baptist Church in Paterson, New Jersey and President of the Paterson Chapter NAACP.

Join me live, as I will be discussing with Rev. Clayton the challenges we face in the upcoming election, such as voter suppression, voting fraud and how important it is to vote and have your voice heard on Tuesday November 6, 2012.

Email the show any questions you may have for Thursday’s show at: conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com

To access the show follow the link here or any of the “Conversations links” in this post.

82 thoughts on “Thursday on “Conversations Of A Sistah” Election 2012, Does the 47% matter?

where the hell is everyone.???

rev look a lil nerdy but ok tuning in to see what he got to say.

this topic is just in time for election day. get it tra 🙂

now that’s what i’m talkin bout.

5. acquittap says:

I pray power is restored for those who lost power in time for the show.

6. floridagirl says:

praying for my east coast ceo fam. but will be tuning in tonight. remember yall can always come back and hear the show.

7. Yes says:

downloaded the show to my phone. i gotta hear it.

my power was restored just in time for the show. is that why its so dead in here???

in ATL for the weekend so i’ll def be listening to our girl tonight.
    all my jersey and new york peeps see ya sunday. 🙂

10. Alscream says:

ok only 10 comments???? is all the ceo fam from nj? must be cause its usually a packed house around this time. almost show time peoples

if my power hadn’t come on I was going to the nearest place with internet and for me that was the gas station down the street cant miss my conversations of a sistah 🙂

12. alscream says:

He was good. The Rev knew his shit!!
    2nd Rev in row tra

13. bobby says:

He was excellent and dead on point!

14. zenna says:

Great show voter suppression is dirty and I’m glad Tracy pointed it out. Kudos to Rev. Clayton

• BBallen says:

Kudos to Rev. Clayton
      —————————-
      and you said he was nerdy lookin…that nerd knew his shit!

• Lexy says:

Kudos to Rev. Clayton
        —————————-
        and you said he was nerdy lookin…that nerd knew his shit!
        ————————————————————————-
        that’s why it’s not good to judge people

15. Tammy says:

the show was interesting…god ms. bell

heard the show again and thought it was awesome. like the song played at the end.

i heard the show from work today. still no power. be safe out there people.

hurracaine sandy is the truth people. it shut down this blog i see.

22 comments after tra’s show is unspeakable!!!

I listened to the show cross town at this spot that had internet service i pd a $1.00 but what da hell….I felt I was missing something.

Rev. Clayton was good. told us some much needed info.

Don’t 4get to Rock the Vote yall

19. Cameo says:

Dayum!!!!!
    It’s a ghost town up in diss bitch!!!!

Good show Trace, important information shared. that was smart to talk about the election 4 days b4. smart move.

POWER, HEAT N ELECTRICITY!!!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

NOW I GOTTA HEAR THE SHOW CAUSE I MISSED IT!!

21. ionna says:

Hi All!
    Power restored last night….this was a good show as usual the rev spoke so eloquently! Don’t 4get to vote fam.

Hey Fam.
    What a fuckin mess this week was….Now folk scrambling for gas….But I thank God we now have power and some heat.

Heard the show at a starbucks cross town and is hyped about voting on Tuesday!

Be well fam

They are running 17 planes out of California as we speak, at the President’s command, to get resources to the east coast.

This is a time to put politics aside and pray for the decision makers and resource suppliers so that we can find comfort.

Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour tonight people.

This is old Sandy. The Red Cross was not asked to go to SI. They have since gone and set up stations for relief. It took time to get to EVERY neighborhood. People need to chill on the attacks because the damage done was so far wide that it was impossible to meet everyones demands immediately. Oh and fyi, Im in NY and NJ. So, this is first hand knowledge I’m talking.

• bobby says:

Zenna:
      The Facts: “… getting to the people who need help has been a challenge; ferry service had been suspended, trains aren’t running, and gas is hard to come by.

• Anthony says:

Media gets to these areas like magic much more quickly than organized groups. I understand that they don’t have to set out a plan or an agenda so, it makes it easy to grab some cameras and go. HOWEVER, doesn’t FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC etc.. have the money to be where they could be dropping off supplies as they go in to film these people and get their story? I mean really.

I’m hoping that a military envoy is being organized by the white house. Surely Obama learned from Bush’s mistake?

I can’t be missing Tra’s shows like this.

At least the frankenstorm got all of that political divisiveness off the TV for a few days, if anything good can come out of the disater, that was it.

It’s been a hellof a week!!!
    Gov. of NJ Christie praised Obama for his responsiveness. NY mayor Bloomberg actually went so far as to endorse him for president because he was so impressed with his efforts….yea. Okay. But I’m glad I got heat and electricity!

My sis aint had power since sunday but she keep buying ice for the fridge so the food aint even spoiled…Hop everybody’s ok.

My power came back this morning and the show was good. Tracy had yet another good guest.

The remains of Brandon, two, and Connor Moore, four, were discovered only yards from where they went missing in Staten Island, New York.

The boys’ mother Glenda Moore, 39, is said to have spent 12 hours screaming in the street after they were swept away, but residents would not help her look for them.

• Anonymous says:

I Read that story and seen the Mother its heartbreaking.I dont understand
      1.where was her husband while she was at home bearing the storm

2.If he wasnt with them,why didnt he make her evacuate with those kids??

32. FloridaGurl says:

It’s obvious that most of my CEO Fam is from the NY/NJ tri-state area and is have/been effected by the storm but can we please keep the topic about this past Thursday’s show. This show was very important and we need to focus on every word Rev. Clayton said!

• Acquitta says:

This show was very important and we need to focus on every word Rev. Clayton said! ——–>COSIGN!!!!!

• 2Thick4U says:

—————–
        Finally heard the show when my power came on..and i was impressed by this man Rev. Clayton. he spoke very well and knew what he talking bout.

• SoldierOne says:

HEY LADIES….GOOD TO SEE Y’ALL.

—————–
        I agree but it’s kind-a hard when you dealin with the mess of what we went thru this week…i just thank god i was able to hear the show.

33. HevLord says:

Obama 2012~

My power did not even go out so I havent touched any of that stuff yet. I bought enough food to last my household at LEAST 2 weeks with no electricity. Charged up $90+ to do so.

Serious question: do anybody really know why we set our clock back??? I mean like.. what is behind the time set back and forth?

• Aceman says:

————
      Daylight savings

36. SoldierOne says:

COT DAYUM CEO FAM!!!!!!
    I FELT LIKE A FUCKIN CAVE MAN THESE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS!
    GOOD TO BE AMONGST Y’ALL THIS EVENING……POWER CAM E BACK THIS AFTERNOON.
    GOOD SHOW TRACE I WAS MAD AS HELL I MISSED IT ON THURSDAY.

wassup fam…hope everybody’s good.

good election show trace 🙂 well needed.

don’t 4get to vote people.

Not having power really messed me up. I was damn near feenin w/o power this week. esp. when i missed “conversations of a sistah”. oh but thank da lawd i heard the show on campus this morning and so hyped about rocking the vote!!!!!

It was sweet when Tra wished her dad a “Happy Birthday” that was so special…

• Acquitta says:

It was sweet when Tra wished her dad a “Happy Birthday” that was so special…
      *******************
      That’s what I like about the show Tracy gets personal. At least we get a lil peek into her private life. 🙂

• BigBoy says:

It was sweet when Tra wished her dad a “Happy Birthday” that was so special…
        *******************
        yeah it was nice she wished my father-n-law a happy birthday on the air.

yeah it was nice she wished my father-n-law a happy birthday on the air.
        —————–
        Yea OK you are clearly missin your medication sir!

yeah it was nice she wished my father-n-law a happy birthday on the air.
        —————–
        “Happy Birthday Mr. Bell” whom we ALL KNOW AIN’T BIGBELLY’S father-in-law LMAO 🙂 Cause he still trippin!!!!

• Cameo1 says:

That was sweet when she wished her daddy a happy birthday!!!!

whatz good people.

39. BigBoy says:

Good show ….I love my girl I downloaded the show on my MP3 and heard it in the dark. couldnt comment until my power came back on thou.

good thing we can go back and hear these shows after they air cause this week was not a good week for shit!

rev. clayton was “on point” with the dirty tactics the repubs are pulling. i liked him alot. tracy have such a good repore with her guest. i swear it must be that chile’s personality!

• Pinky says:

________________________
      Holla Adriane I felt like a homeless person I swear. was dead into the show when my phone fell off line i was so pissed.

Lets be honest, us NYers are just naturally impatient.

Also, many many people were ill prepared for this storm, because they all thought it wasn’t going to be that bad. Even some of them living right there on the beach. They thought Irene was dud and took their chances again. You can only get lucky so many times. Some people were as prepared as they could be, and it still wasn’t enough. The power won’t be on in some places until mid nov, so its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Hey Fam.

• QueenC says:

Starr: They have to get New York stabilized. It’s not an option financially for the Govt. The garment district is without lights. 34th on down is still a blackout. That is a nightmare for this country going in to the holiday season. We need those businesses up and running. The priorities of the Govt. is different than that of us individual working people. Sucks but, that’s what it is.

Good show thou Good show!!!! Thank God they are taped.

Tracy my ass was in the dark and w/o power on Thursday but I was with you in spirit cause I was hurt having to miss your show.

I just heard it and IT WAS GOOD!!!!!! Damn GOOD SHOW!!!!!

44. uncleed2011 says:

Tracy you had a really good show. Very informative guy this Rev. Clayton I really enjoyed him. Don’t forget to vote everyone.

Good to see SOME OF US up and running.
    In spite of the weather heard Tracy’s show and was pleased with what the Rev. Clayton said….”we have a responsibility to vote” so true!!!!!!! He was good!!! real good!!!!

whatz up people??? I pray every1’s electricity is on…mine just came on this morning. Had to hear our girl’s show and IT WAS OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!
    Obama 201**

still w/o lights and power but came in here to say: STILL HEARD “Conversations” i will go thru hell and high water to hear my weekly fix. and was str8 trippin cuz i couldn’t get up in here. don’t 4get to “rock the vote”

a little powerless but still heard the show. it was a real good show too. so don’t 4get to vote everybody.

Power on tuned up my lap top and ran to the CEO’s blog spot to hear Thursday’s show!~ And what a wonderful show it was!!!

Thank you Dr. Clayton for schooling us on the voter supression laws!!!! And “thank you” for giving us *HOPE* that the dirty tactics of the republicans won’t work!!!!

Don’t forget to VOTE everybody!!!!!

What a messy week yall!

*Big Storm: Check
    *Lights went out: Check
    *Power went out: Check
    *No computer: Check
    *Time jumped back: Check

Heard “Conversations Of A Sistah” late …good show and well aligned with election day!!!!!

Obama 2012!!!! – Glad to see Tra pressed on depsite the circumstances..she said “the show must go on” Go girl!!!!

Hey everybody *waving* good to see everyone we take little things for granted.

They sayin NJ displaced hurricaine Sandy victims can vote via email or by fax!!!

Mm….No thank you!!! Hoping my polling place is open.

Rev. Clayton was good people listen to him over n over again if necessary!!! He spoke truth.

power finally came back on.

good show as always blog queen aka tracy bell 🙂

Great show!

OMG Rev. Clayton spoke so well and had such a calm and peaceful demeanor about him.

Good to see so many of us here …Hope everyone is warm and ok.

Good show Tracy….Happy 76th Birthday Mr. Bell 🙂

Damn I missed yall.

And Thursday’s show was good i heard some of it before my phone went dead had to charge the battery.