Melvin Childs Has An Issue With Tyler Perry’s Success

November 30, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

He was apparently or supposedly, the former business partner of playwright, actor, producer, mega successful, movie mogul, Tyler Perry and now he intends to expose Perry in a tell-all book.

Melvin Childs, author of a new book, which is due to be released and in stores in January 2012., spills the tea on the real struggles of Tyler Perry before he became a rich playwright and mega producer.

Childs shares his personal account of being a mentor, producer and friend to Tyler Perry and how his first two touring efforts ended in failure.

Childs discovered Perry  performing in small churches to 50 people or less. But Childs believed in the charismatic playwright from the beginning and foresaw his future success. Together they reinvented the genre and created the framework for the Tyler Perry Hollywood brand and the multi-million dollar enterprise it is today.

Hm…,so I wonder what he thinks Tyler Perry owe him now?

When released, Childs book will sell for 24.99…Pick up a copy if you care!

83 thoughts on “Melvin Childs Has An Issue With Tyler Perry’s Success

This should be interesting???

Saw this somewhere and the author looks gay.
    @Tra, you should post a picture of him.

3. Al-scream says:

I hate bitter motherfuckers!!!!!!!!
    Esp. after you done made it n shit.

Tyler ain’t breaking this nagga off so he mad! LOL 🙂

I don’t understand??? so what he wanna do? ride tyler’s success? gtfoh!

MELVIN?
    TELL-ALL ON PERRY? WTF?

Oh boy a nigga scorned…Tyler P.A.I.D. and he mad and tryna make money off him.

It sounds like they never had the proper paperwork and the agreements in writing. After Tyler made it, ole dude has his own ideas on what Tyler should have done. But ain’t shit in WRITING so Tyler was like “sooo…. I thanked you didn’t I? Oh.. you expected to get PAID? Paid what? We ain’t got no contracts dude!”

O_O?
    “And..what Mel?!”

10. Omar Nance says:

Maybe ole dude want Tyler to give him a job? Make him one of his writers? Producers? Hell it’s enough for everybody he knew I’m sure. Tyler Perry is now paid and I’m sure he prbly can’t even get next to him.

He musta been TP’s former bitch!
    Nigga sit yo “never could have made it” ass down!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ashanti says:

He musta been TP’s former bitch!
      Nigga sit yo “never could have made it” ass down!!!!!!!!!!!
      LMAO

🙂

*cricketts*

13. ELovely says:

NIGGA PLEASE!!! HE AIN’T FAILING NOW!
    I HATE HATERS…SMDH

If you help someone come up, and they make It, why would you not help the person that helped you? It’s only right.

Still not sure why he is mad. If you did indeed help him out, were you doing it out of the goodness of your heart, or because you were looking for something in return. I’m confused???

Did Tyler not thank him? Dayum!!!!!!!!

Hm…,so I wonder what he thinks Tyler Perry owe him now?
    Yeah, exactly………what is he looking for? what does he want????

18. Pointman says:

Ok this nigga is str8 bugging because……Tyler Perry has said he was broke, homeless, and putting on plays with barely an audience. I remember Tyler saying that he had someone who believed in him and gave him money to fund his plays, but I don’t know if it was this dude or not. So I don’t see why he is mad……….

• Al-scream says:

—————————————————————————————————-
      It’s simple……..that nigga ain’t being broke off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mm wonder what he wants? Does he just wanna sell books? Is Tyler allowing him to use his name to get money? is he looking for fame? I mean what does this dude want? I’m sorry but I believe everybody has a motive.

• CoCo says:

____________
      Cosign!!!!!!!!

20. KatMan says:

dude most likely GAY!!!!!!!! Cause only bitches WINE!!!!!

• Al-scream says:

dude most likely GAY!!!!!!!! Cause only bitches WINE!!!!!
      _______________
      Yeah I agree, he sound like a nigga scorned.

• Jamilla says:

dude most likely GAY!!!!!!!! Cause only bitches WINE!!!!!
        _______________
        Yeah I agree, he sound like a nigga scorned.
        ***************************************************
        He should come out and be proud of the things they were able to accomplish together. Because in my heart of hearts, I believe they were lovers. 🙂

• Acquitta says:

I agree with y’all…….he and Tyler sound like they were booty buddies.

• Ms. Kayla says:

“Yeah I agree, he sound like a nigga scorned. -> that’s their business but he needs to keep this shit to himself….

do we really need another tell all….? TP prbly gon make that book disappear

22. FloridaGurl says:

See what happens Tyler when u put Kim K in the movie? All of your past shit will come back to haunt you!!!!!!!!

Ps…won’t be buying dude’s book.

If I were a man, I would not even admit to some mess like this.
    Sad

Hm he sounds like a jilted lover

I think what this man is saying is, he helped finance Madea, so of course he’s pissed. TP prbly ain’t gave him shit but just a shout out!!!! So yeah he’s pissed!

For some reason I believe this dude. I hate when nyggas act like they don’t remember who was there when they didn’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

• Tyler Berry says:

Arthur Primas is the real person this book should be about (Tyler Perry’s) manager…. He played dude and stole Tyler for himself and is now a millionaire right along with Tyler.

• CoCo says:

******************
        so another man stole Tyler from Melvin Childs? So Tyler was dicktamized by another man’s johnson? I knew it! Scandalous!

• Wanda says:

______________
        sounds like you know some shit, please spill the tea!

• CorporateBitch says:

______________
        sounds like you know some shit, please spill the tea!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Yeah *eats popcorn* we’ll wait

Where they make monfucker’s like this at? Worse then chicks….Dayum

Poor Tyler. Can’t catch a break for shit. Did anybody see “for better or for worse?”

• 2Thick4U says:

Did anybody see “for better or for worse?”
      —————————————————–
      too much drama..Ima see how long I can hang in there with the show.

Can we say scorned lover?

Erbody saying dude gay, wel we know Tyler is so maybe they were lovers Ugh 😦

This shit right here is all over the internet. The book goes into how Tyler Perry had ties to drug money that’s how bad he wanted fame.

_________________________________________
      That makes sense, TP was homeless that’s his story. So if he was homeless and livin out his car? Who funded his plays? somebody did. somebody had too.

sounds like hate and jealousy to me. no thank you with “never shoulda made it”

I’m always looking for some good dirt… I’mma cop it… Tyler don’t need to be the only Kat to make all the money… “Don’t Hide It Divide It”…

I’m not a big fan of Tyler Perry. However, the fact that, this guy self admittance that he resented Perry makes his book a lie IMO.

This guy sounds like a {scorned woman} Now I am pretty sure Tyler will have something to say to respond. Now that he has {made it} there will be people coming out of the woodwork-claiming all kinds of shit.

36. HevLord says:

don’t matter, point is Tyler ain’t doing the shit NOW!!!
    He lookin like “HA YA LIKE ME NOW NIGGA”

wow, they come in all kinds I see.

sounds like a bitter bitch to me! oh wait, my bad, this is a dude who wrote the book.

Hallelujerrrr!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

40. DaisyDukes says:

Whatever this guys motives he has to live with it. But I think Tyler gave him permission to make money off his name. Time will tell.

This dude is gonna prbly sue Tyler Perry for half his boofonery fuckery and get half watch!

********
      If there were no contracts in place, dude won’t have a leg to stand on.

Sounds like a love triangle to me.

43. Tabatha says:

Even if his book is true, it doesn’t make a damn difference now. Tyler PAID!

44. cree says:

book is true and my peeps ain’t gay rather you believe him or not ..bottomline is he ain’t gay

• Al-scream says:

—————
      sumptin fishy about a nigga bitchin out another man in a book. maybe “ya peeps” is gay and you just don’t KNOW IT!!!!

This guys writes a WHOLE BOOK on his relationship with Tyler Perry?! Sounds like a bitch-move to me. If he and Tyler didn’t have it in writing, Tyler doesn’t owe him anything except a big FAT THANK YOU. EVERYBODY has had somebody to help them!
    WHY is he waiting until now to write a book? People are sooo messy!

If one more man get his *ass on the internet and tell his business like a little bitch I am going to scream..you are a man. suck it up and move on!!!!!!!

He sounds like a scorned lover – his wife and son is just for the public appearance…nobody knows you and nobody cares ~

One thing for sure in life, you can give your all and people want more. No matter what you do, it never seems to be enough to please everybody or some people. Most successful people have someone at some point that is unhappy and have something to say. That’s just a part of life.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH A HOUSE NIGGA, by Melvin Childs

I’m sure there’s more to this story. But it sounds messy.

51. ELovely says:

No contract or agreement means that Tyler Perry don’t owe him jack!!!!!! I detest Tyler but I hate people who try to get a return on something just on general principle n shit.

52. SoldierOne says:

He is his ex lover. His bussy had a strong shitty cum like odor and Tylerisha dumped him. it’s just that plain and simple folks. nothing else to see here people!

53. Stew says:

I just read over 30 comments and only 1 person sound like they actually read the book or researched the story. This brother put up thousands of dollars to help a homeless man that had talent, in return he got fronted by TP at a show 12 yrs later. He had moved on with his life, but you front me out in front of my KIDS… I would write a book too to set the record straight, but I would have told the WHOLE story.

• Anonymous says:

This guy is a good guy that had been burned in the past when sacrifice his life time and family to get that man started just to be forgotten or pushed to the side and he left it alone for years so yes he owes it to himself to tell the whole world the truth since nobody else wont speak up he just want to be treated fair just like yall would want.