Bishop Eddie Long’s Wife Files For Divorce

December 2, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

According to CBS Atlanta 46, the long-suffering wife of embattled Atlanta prosperity preacher, Bishop Eddie Long, has filed for divorce.

Vanessa G. Long released a statement early Friday morning announcing her decision to terminate her marriage to Bishop Long, who is the leader of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, GA.

The statement reads as follows:

“After a great deal of deliberation and prayer, I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie L. Long. Accordingly, I authorized my attorneys to file for divorce on December 1, 2011.

It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly. I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter.

I also ask that the public pray for my entire family during this difficult period of transition.

Thank you, and may God continue to bless and keep each of you.”

The divorce proceeding follows a tumultuous year for the Bishop, who, earlier this year, settled sexual misconduct lawsuits brought on by 4 former Longfellow Youth Academy students, and a fifth man who was not included in the suit.

Source

100 thoughts on “Bishop Eddie Long’s Wife Files For Divorce

1. coco2011 says:

well it’s about got damn time she wised up!

bless her heart!!

3. Man says:

clapping my hands!

Prayers that she can move on peacefully.

I wondered what she would do! I can not imagine the hurt and embarrassment that she suffers from this.

6. AlScream says:

if she rolling out then you know everything is true. not that any of us had any doubt anyway

7. FloridaGirl says:

I knew it was only a matter of time…she knew her man was fucking lil boys. C’mon people.

8. keisha says:

I know this can’t have been easy for her.

9. Mrs. says:

I feel sorry for any marriage that breaks up and cannot be salvaged, but it seems that only 1 person was in this union. I’m glad she found the strength to move on!

• RandomChcik says:

^^^^^^^^^
      cosign

LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 🙂 I love nessa Eeeeddddiiiii you been a baddddd boy one down hundreds more to go. COME on LORD shake ‘em up

Sometimes you have to just say enough is enough! and this was long over due!!!!

Eddie Long’s house of cards will continue to come crashing down…he knows what he did and he knows how he handled it… it was all filled with pride, pride, pride and PRIDE comes before the fall…

Morning CEO FAm!

She’s making sure that she gets her 50% before these upcoming books by his accusers bankrupt his a$$… Very smart move.

enuff is enuff, I was so sick of ole Eddie…ah ha.

This is truly unfortunate. I pray her strength as she tries to move forward with her life.

vanessa been moved on, she was there just for the church’s sake, she knew about ole eddie, dont get mad at me, the BIBLE said one husband one wife while the first one lives EDDIE was on number 2. the Qualifaications of a Bishop the husband of one (1) wife while the first one lives, his first wife is still living….

I’m surprised it took her this long.

Father Lord I ask that you bless and give strength to the Long family.. Amen!

___________________________________________________________

She used the term “terminate”….guess the marriage has become too much of a job to her…Bless her heart. He totally embarassed her….its one thing to have jumpoffs but messing with boys!!! 😦 if you ask me she was in it a year too long. I pray for that church family…It wont be long before he is renting out a store front to have service…

Unfortunate

21. 2Thick says:

What was she waiting for? That damn jeri curl alone would have made me file! #fail

************************
      That jeri curl, ugly azz bull face, the big ol’ fish eyes, and the funky sweaty body scent woulda had me long gone!

• Coco says:

What was she waiting for? That darn jeri curl alone would have made me file! #fail
        ________
        😦 Yeah he would not have gotten in my bed… They probably had not slept together for years? :shurgs:

• Ionna says:

I agree with COco, I believe she stopped fucking him a long time ago.

• Shawnia says:

That Jheri curl juice ruining my good linens would have done me in a long time ago.

• Lexy says:

LMAO 🙂
        I bet she made him lay down a towel on her pillows before he laid down…or put on a jeri curl cap!!

Good morning

She did what she felt she was supposed to do. She stood by her Husband. Now that the dust has cleared it is time for her move OUT!

Its about time

Good morning y’all!

25. Pointman says:

she dont want prayers, she want that paper, fuck the bullshit. I knew this was coming. My bigger concern is has Deshawn Snow left the church yet with eric’s checkbook?

A piece of ass on the side will ruin any marriage, apparently man ass or girl ass.

Tough one, good for her and the timing was classy. (Immediately after settlements or accusations would have seemed reactionary and distracting no matter how justifiable).

27. Ebony says:

Good morning everyone

28. Ebony says:

I wonder why she waited this long :shurg: I wonder if there is any money left to “take” or she just glad she got some pride left. Since nobody wants to talk about it…I won’t mention that she is probably grateful she didn’t get the HIVE

• Cameo1 says:

—————————–
      we don’t know what that woman dealt with being married to this closet HOMO.

29. Pointman says:

I’m still waiting for the fight he so courageously stated he’d put up.

I thought about it, and I’m thinking she’s stayed because maybe she was waiting on God’s answer to her prayers. I feel for her, but I’m glad she’s gathered the strength to move on, I’m sure it was tough.

Just when you thought you were above it all! It’s still a damn mess!!!!

• Ebony says:

Just when you thought you were above it all! It’s still a damn mess!!!!
      ************
      I believe it was a mess behind their closed doors anyway.

Morning all!!!!!

33. RandomChcik says:

Thi is best!

34. FloridaGirl says:

good morning my loves 🙂 dont feel sorry for vanessa yall, trust me, it’s more than meets the eye.

Happy Friday Fam 🙂

At least she took her time and didn’t rush out of the marriage. She did it in her own time and I pray that the rest of her life is filled with joy as she moves forward. I am sure this has been very hard on her and I am sure she has shed plenty of tears. I pray that she gets the privacy she requested. As hard as this decision was for her to make, I believe the hard part is behind her. From this day forward, Vanessa will be fine.

• Coco says:

——————–
      Damn that! I’m waitin on her book!

Morning everyone 🙂 I dont wanna miss anyone!

Looks like the roof is caving in on Eddie…hopefully his members will wake up a follow suite as well. His wife leaving him says an awful lot!!

39. wanda says:

This is wonderful I will keep her in my prayers b/c her journey isn’t gonna be easy I can’t imagine living a life that was a complete LIE

That pic is so creepy!! Eddie is smizing and chit in the pic..Just fukking gross…

41. annonymous says:

I cant say or tell yall how to feel, but GOD was never in this Marriage, it would go against GOD word, but anyway carry on…

How unfortunate, I never saw this coming…..yeah ok.

Guess she was tired of PUTTIN UP A FRONT for this nigga. I’m so glad she wised up.

All I wanna know is whose gonna get those hair pieces for him now… I hope he had an Iron clad Prenup to protect those. If not he’ll have to use that spray to cover up that dome… That might be worse though…might end up looking like Greasy ass Jermaine Jackson.

• Ebony says:

———–
      PETA gone come get those baby kittens and peacocks from his wig collection…

• Coco says:

All I wanna know is whose gonna get those hair pieces… I hope he had an Iron clad Prenup to protect those. If not he’ll have to use that spray to cover up that dome… That might be worse though…might end up looking like Greasy ass Jermaine Jackson.
        ________________________________________________
        He can always get the Steve Harvey lacefronts….hell he may even be able to come out with this own line…called the Eddie Long jeri curl edition…

• Sane says:

______________________________________________________________

He can call them shits the Soul Glow edition…. 🙂

• FloridaGirl says:

All I wanna know is whose gonna get those hair pieces
      ~~~~~~~
      LMAO 🙂

45. Mrs. says:

Er’time I see Eddie I can’t help but laugh….

G’day CEO folks

46. FloridaGirl says:

don’t worry y’all, it’s all coming out…

Morning my loves! It’s Friday bishes!!!

Good Morning All!

She knew she had to move on…she waited until everything was confirmed and settled before she made her move. Prayers going up for her and the family.

well, hopefully she can move forward with her life and put this behind her as much as possible.

• AlScream says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Oh this will never be behind her. Trust me. The smell of young boys booties prbly haunt her day and night. she prbly halfta carry around an aroma scent of smelling sauce to ward off the smell.

50. Tabatha says:

She should have filed for divorce the minute she found out he was gay…but I’m sure she knew! Smh!

Morning folks !!!!

Good for Her I’m glad she’s finally divorcing his ass. That shit wasn’t real when she walked out on stage with him holding his hand when the scandal first broke.

There is never a future in FRONTIN people

• Soldier1 says:

There is never a future in FRONTIN people
      ———
      HOLLA!!! SAY THAT SHIT AGAIN!!!

• Civil says:

There is never a future in FRONTIN people
        ———
        HOLLA!!! SAY THAT SHIT AGAIN!!!
        ——————————–
        I ain’t frontin for nobody. if i’m wit a lady, we fuckin and ain’t neva no doubt about that!!!!!

Of course she filed for a divorce her husband is gay!

54. ELove says:

Ah ha….the good ole bishop don’t have a FRONT no more!!!!

God don’t like UGLY and/or LIES!!! So I’m not suprised by this y’all at all.

56. ms. Kayla says:

I’m so glad the wife has come to her senses and decided to STOP FRONTIN for the mess her husband created. I just don’t feel sorry for her because I BELIVE she was in it for the money anyway. so now that the smoke has cleared a bit. she knows the state is comin in on him and his kingdom is going to crumble. I won’t be surprised if she ends up workin in a soup kitchen. she’s just at fault as he is, so let the chips fall where they may…

• BBallen says:

I saw this coming….These pastor wives always do this when there husband is exposed publicly. Im standing by my man act first then they leave when the smoke has cleared. Probably been sleeping in separate rooms since all this started and not really speaking in private but smiling and putting up a front in public. I believe she knew or heard about his secret lifestyle but as long as the public was fooled it was ok. She was living a great lifestyle being married to him. Money, Power, traveling, Mansion, private plane, rubbing shoulders with VIP’s. Im sure she didn’t want to leave all that. I bet many women in that church wanted to be in her shoes. Everything that glitters sure ain’t Gold.

Eddie long you are a disgrace to all God Fearing obedient Pastors. STEP DOWN NOW!!!!!!

Money may have been a factor but the thought of laying next to this man at night was probably too much – she couldn’t do it anymore and neither could I.

The wife is separating herself from a sinking ship.

• Sane says:

The wife is separating herself from a sinking ship.
      ————————
      can you blame her?! That shit is like the fuckin titanic and it’s sinking fast!

• 2Thick says:

The wife is separating herself from a sinking ship.
        ————————
        can you blame her?! That shit is like the fuckin titanic and it’s sinking fast!
        *****************

🙂

next, the congregation and then the deacons, the treasurer, the choir, and lastly, the ushers! O LAWD, Bishop Long dong empire has finally crumbled!!! PRAISE GAWD!!!

————

LMAO 🙂 FUNNY!!!!

What? Wig, Tight Clothes, Sugar in you words,
    SURROUNDED by Boys…
    He wasn’t fucking Her…come on now….LOL

61. Bigbelly says:

Who in the hell left the gate open!

I’m sure the wool was over here eyes about his sexuality.

Why do people in the spotlight always ask for prayer? Is she dying? Is she going to be homeless? She didn’t ask for prayer when all was well beween them. I’ll save my prayers for people who need it.

64. Katman says:

^^^she didnt know he was a fag..he has fooled a lot of people.

Money Stopped coming in huh?
    He under the spotlight BIGTIME
    No more Jets and shit….
    She had to look in His Fag Face every night
    now so She had enough…#Dueces
    Why Marry a Fag Anyway…??? Smh

It is about time she woke up! Now just maybe that feeble minded congregation will do the same.

I’m really LOL @ some of these comments the ceo fam IS OFF THE HOOK ON THIS SUBJECT!!!!!

This was LONG overdue!

and i’m wondering why she WAIT so long????

This was LONG overdue!

and i’m wondering why she WAIT so long????
      __________________________________________

We can only guess that she had her time. she wanted to wait for the dust to clear IMO. The dust the smoke, she wanted to wait.

69. Man says:

By Bishop!!! hell awaits.

hell hath no ferry and i pray she ain’t scorned. cause she could truly spill the tea on this fool and his fuckery.

This bitch gettin out while she can…she knows that the shit is going down so she running for the border.

I believe they ain’t lived 2gether in years. I also believe the whole marriage became a FRONT after he went full blown HOMO and started sleepin with young boys…the marriage is dysfunctional in every sense of the word.

NAH HE HAD HIS CHURCH ISSUE THAT 2ND STATEMENT, WHICH WAS A LIE!!! THE DIVORCE FROM HIM IS ON….EDDIE DESPERATE!!