August 9, 2017 by The ReadyWriter

You know that woman who does absolutely nothing for the project, but still receives a good grade for all of the hard work the other person puts in? Yeah well That’s a side chick. Reaping the benefits of a relationship without actually putting in the work for it. And that’s why side chicks are becoming such a big deal. This generation of women would much rather take the easy route out, instead of settling down and sticking it out in a functional, serious relationship.

Some may argue that being a side chick isn’t a very attractive option, and that women take the back seat to the main woman in a man’s life. But in this case, it’s all about perspective. While some may see it as coming second, some women see it as coming first without ever having to run the race. Some women feel as if they’ve already paid the price of being in the “main woman” seat for many years, therefore content with having the new “side chick” status.

Nine times out of 10, the side chick knows of the man’s current relationship status. And more often than not, she is the shoulder to cry on, the therapist he confides in when he is having relationship issues. One of the most appealing aspects of being a side chick is not having to worry about the arguments. Since the man often comes to the side chick to complain about the issues he’s having in his main relationship, the side chick generally experiences the “good side.”

Tune into “Conversations Of A Sistah” at 6:30 p.m. EST with host Tracy L. Bell on Blog Talk Radio for her commentary “Is it ever OK being content as the side chick?”

All “conversation links” in this post will access the show.

121 thoughts on “‘Is it ever OK being content as the side chick?’ Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

Oh No not the side chick conversation 😆

some women think it’s a big deal being a side chick because of that sistah up top who plays the ‘side-chick’ role very well. folks addicted to scandal wanna mimic Olivia Polks behavior. not realizing the programming is real.

Liked by 3 people

• daisydukes2010 says:

*******
      Exactly!!!

• valerieperry35 says:

I agree with “folks addicted to scandal wanna mimic Olivia Polks behavior. not realizing the programming is real.”

Liked by 2 people

• 2Thick4you says:

*******
        I don’t watch NONE of the fuckery on television today. If it’s not positive and uplifting I’m not giving my attention to it.

• Mittsey says:

*******
        WoW and scandal is a very popular show. I don’t watch any of it.

• Lexy says:

*******
        I don’t watch NONE of the fuckery on television today.
        ————-
        Neither do I, and just to think Olivia Pope is loved its whats so sad 😦

Good morning Tracy

I always say that if you accept less than you will get less. Many who are side chicks simply allow themselves to be put into this category.

I know a lot of women who go along with the BS and be fully aware of the main chick and still choose to go along with the situation. smh 😡 I would neva let a man play me like that.

Obviously there is a deeper rooted issue here but at the surface this is an ego boost for some men and women. For her, she likes the fact that she has the next girl’s man running after her. She enjoys doing something that others view as wrong (forbidden fruit). 😆 sick but true #facts

It’s so sad 😥 that we live in a society where men having a side chick a.k.a mistress happens way too much. where are the standards of people? smh

7. sane says:

To some men having a woman without a side chick is like having a meal without a drink. LOL

Television/Reality television is what is giving side chicks LIFE. Some women take pleasure in being a WHORE!!!!

9. Randomchick says:

Mm this is not good in my personal opinion, but there are plenty of women who go along with this type of dynamic. and I know a few. If each of us know someone who is a side chick or has one, that’s one too many.

See some sistahs don’t mind the side chick role because first of all, she isn’t truly into that man so for her, it’s less of a hassle and more fun as far as she is concerned. It’s sad but true. And it has to be worth it for her too. Like if she’s getting something out of it.

Wow 😆 I can’t imagine what Tracy knows about this topic she bout to spill tonight. Truth is, there are some fucked up people in this world. 😆

12. Henrietta says:

I am LMMFAO 😆
    No she don’t have Olivia Pope up-top in this post 😆

13. Val says:

The truth is our world, society and community are filled with damaged and hurt individuals. hence the reality of side chicks

It’s the disappointments in love and relationships that have caused many people to operate within these side chicks beliefs. there are so many fucked up dynamics to it and people have television to further co-sign the bullshit.

15. Slickrick says:

Being a side chick is safer than being the main chick. women don’t want the feelings tide to a relationship. It’s like fucking without the benefits of having your heart in it. This ensures they won’t get hurt. A side chick is a safe place.

• 2Thick4you says:

———–
      Well that’s fucked up. So because there are no feelings involved, it’s OK to fuck up someone else’s relationship?? Guess the saying stands true “hurt people-hurt people”

Liked by 1 person

Actually yes Slick, women put it out there that they can be used. Not consciously, but in order to date someone who is already in a relationship, you have to be willing to accept things that don’t add up. You accept dumb excuses for why he suddenly can’t talk, why he always has to call back. You accept that your instincts and his behavior are both warning you that something is not right. You ignore it because you don’t want to face it. You wonder why you aren’t being introduced to his friends and family, why you’re being isolated from the rest of his life. You tell yourself it’s nothing and everything is fine. Some women will accept all of this and others will not. Cheaters know which woman you are. They are like sharks who can smell one drop of blood in the water from 2 miles away. They know a woman who is wounded and who will ignore the signs and keep seeing him. They know, and like sharks they circle around the woman who is willing to be the prey.

Liked by 1 person

16. 2Thick4you says:

It’s a FUCKED UP woman who can agree to the arrangement of fucking another woman’s man behind her back. Point. Blank. Period. 😡 end of story

• Slickrick says:

Talk to me 2thick, who fucked ya man? You put some serious passion behind ya comment. LOL

• 2thick4you says:

My passion is, I hate weak ass men and women and it’s this type of behavior that destroys the family unit. The black family especially. It’s easy to be a whore but harder to be a loyal, morally conscious individual? FOH people make choices and the wrong choice have consequences. So this has nothing to do with who fucked my man.

Liked by 1 person

Side chicks have NOTHING TO OFFER!
    Unfortunately many women have yet to reach their potential. They haven’t evolved as a woman and they simply get by on great looks and sex.

If side chicks are whores? What are the men who have them? #Justasking

Liked by 2 people

If side chicks are whores? What are the men who have them? #Justasking
      ———-
      Good question Nicole

Liked by 1 person

I Know Bobby and I’m waitin for an answer. I’ll wait.

• Kayla says:

If side chicks are whores? What are the men who have them? #Justasking
        ———-
        Side chicks allow the man to set that value for them. He cosigns her self-worth by placing her 2nd in his life. Making his status like that of a pimp. He’s no better actually

• Neesy says:

Oh I think the men can be labeled whores as well, because if men would just stay away from other women that are not their wives! It would make it harder for women to be side-chicks.

• Princess says:

Nicole truth of the matter is, too many men are emotional pimps and a lot of women accept the side chick role to avoid the hurt.

• ManUp says:

Nicole,
        Being a side chick is the false illusion of the physical for the woman. and a false boost to the man’s ego.

19. Miss Ang says:

There may be a bitterness factor at play for some women because she has been burned and hurt in the past so this makes her feel like she is in control. Some women also feel it’s just a thrill for her. It’s sick and twisted but real.

20. Mittsey says:

Hm it’s all about how a woman value herself. If she has a low self-esteem then she will settle for being a side chick.

Liked by 1 person

This is an interesting topic of discussion.

Liked by 1 person

22. Princess says:

Men tend to fall in love with these side chicks. So I don’t think y’all should bash the side chick.

• Mahogany says:

Don’t be fooled Princess, men don’t fall in love with anyone but themselves. The side chick should fall in love with herself and want to be in a relationship where she is valued enough to be the ONLY ONE that she knows of in that relationship.

Liked by 1 person

• Lilly says:

Princess I’m LOL 😆 I don’t know ANY MAN that will actually LEAVE his wife and be happy with that side chick. That is a myth MOST of the time and when it does happen on the rare occasions, it’s about less than 10% of the time. Let’s not bring society into it…what do you think you are there for if not for sex? That’s how it starts out and that is a fact it’s sex THEN you may catch feelings behind that (and this too could have a few exceptions to the rule). Number one…keep your legs closed to MARRIED MEN! What else needs to be said?

• FloridaGurl says:

Don’t be fooled Princess, men don’t fall in love with anyone but themselves
        ————
        Thank YOU!!!!

• Angelhair says:

If I were ever a side-chick/mistress, I’d be taking that shit to the grave not spilin my business on a blog 😛

Liked by 1 person

23. Lilly says:

Good subject Tracy. Painful but necessary.

I believe even in marriages you make mistakes and choose the wrong spouse. Having an extramarital affairs are horrible. But I’d rather be single and happy and free to date at my leisure. Then be in a marriage that I am not happy in. I got no need for sides, when I can have it my way……

25. FloridaGurl says:

My husband started cheating on me with a side chick and I knew it from the beginning! Some women know and decide not to do anything….they stay lazy, don’t want to have sex, stop being attractive! Not Me! I hurried up and divorced him and I hope he made a better choice, because what I needed and wanted, and deserved he was unable to provide.

Many people want to blame the female but I’m sorry it takes two.

27. Browngurl says:

This topic is fire ***

I pity side-chicks because they’re such weak little bitches.

29. AppleBottom says:

What makes a person the side chick if he does all the same things with both women. For instance, bring them around friends, family members, sleep overs, buy them things, go out on dates and take vacations etc?

• Cameo says:

Whoever comes after the first woman would be considered the side chick. Treatment doesn’t change the fact that he was already in a relationship with another woman. So being treated just as good or better would not change the perception by most that the 2nd woman to enter the picture is the side chick.

• AppleBottom says:

Any female that knows a man is married or living with someone gets all they deserve for trying to steal someone else’s partner – he is simply not available and instead of calling them side chick sex chick is more appropriate because that is all you are a bit on the side. If you like him you tell him to leave the relationship and when he is free to contact you but in most cases he won’t so find one that is single and respect yourself.

• EbonyEyes says:

==========
        Exactly.

Be single ladies. You don’t need no man.

Ok I gotta see where Tracy is goin to take this conversation and if this topic came from fan mail.

32. Mrs says:

Oh let me tell you. This side chick thing can go deeper than just a chick on the side. when that man will have his side chick parading in front of his wife with the wife thinking she family when in all actuality he’s fucking her. Talk about betrayal. That’s the ultimate betrayal.

A man will have a mistress and a wife. The wife will DIE and he still won’t marry the side-chick/mistress.

Liked by 1 person

The side chick is number 2, period.
    And the woman who lies to herself and believes that she’s got a real relationship because she’s with a man who has so little respect and concern for either woman is a FOOL.

35. AlScream says:

Um, When it comes to a married man its a different situation but when you are both girlfriends then there is no one who is a side chick, you both are his side-chicks and if he is playing then he is playing both of them. period.

Wow.
    Comments high and the show hasn’t even aired yet.
    Wonder if Tracy will be taking calls on this subject? O_o Hm

• Angelhair says:

Tonight’s show trust and believe will be commentary only.
      Tracy will NOT take calls, just because she will NOT wanna turn it into as the world turns.

37. corporatebitch says:

Too many women go for the ole “Okie-Doke” for the sake of saying that they have a man, even though he is only a “piece of man.”
    I really wish women would wake up and smell the freakin coffee unless they’re only interested in the benefits O_o whatever works for her I guess.

Women need stay away from another woman’s husband PERIOD!

And married men need to stop using their “Johnsons” as a communal piece/weapon. The whole community of women don’t need a piece of your dick…..and shame on you who don’t mind the share.

one minute till show time.
    I gots to hear this. 🙂

Music quing up

Ouch !!!
    Damn!!!!
    All side chicks should be walking outta here with their heads down.
    Shit.

• Lexy says:

All side chicks should be walking outta here with their heads down.
      Shit.
      ———
      why? she shamed no one. and she’s right. It was a show topic not “confessions of a side-chick” sounded like the emails she received was a bit over the top with more info than she could handle. that’s how i took it.

43. PookieNem says:

One thing Tracy said that was true. women don’t RESPECT each other enough NOT to fuck around with somebody else’s man. You know he has somebody and still willing to fuck him.

Liked by 1 person

• Mrs. says:

—————-
      Exactly

44. I must say that there is no simple answer to why a woman or a man may be or have a “side chick”. Each situation is unique… it would be unfair and small minded to say all side chicks are this or all cheating men are that. As a woman who has once played the role as “side chick” I must say it had nothing to do with wanting to take the easy route and not put in hard work, in fact it was hard work. Hard on my emotions, my spirit, and self esteem. I can not speak for all women but i certainly did not enjoy it and did not set out to be anyones side chick. Sometimes you find yourself in situations you never thought you would.

Liked by 1 person

Good show hopefully Tra will have another.

Tracy your commentary on this subject was too true. I loved how you were goin to take calls but changed your mind. 😆 you shut the lines down!! You ain’t wanna hear no more confessions. LMAO of the side chicks you didn’t know was following this blog. Good show Queen-Diva

47. BillyBoy says:

Trace you were passionate about your commentary. It was excellent but I’m not down with the side chick belief.