February 15, 2017 by The ReadyWriter

vtd_cos-2Dopamine relationships are doomed to failure. Dopamine is the chemical that mediates pleasure in the brain and love is not always pleasurable.

Love is an action, not a feeling. Love is a profound sense of responsibility and respect for another human being. LOVE IS NOT SEX. No matter what that man tells you; you do not prove your love to anyone by having sex with them!

Lust is NOT LOVE,Β LUST is however,Β an emotion or feeling of intense desire in the body. It is an uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite or a strong aggressive craving. And with Valentine’s Day upon, the talk of love, the questions of love and the mixed feelings of love that has flooded my inbox prompts the topic of discussion: “Love vs. Dopamine, Know The Difference

Tune in “LIVE” at 6:30 p.m. EST on “Conversations Of A Sistah” with Host Tracy L. Bell for her commentary “Love vs. Dopamine, Know The Difference“?……

We’ll be taking calls in our studios on this topic at 917-889-7872, don’t forget to press “1” for the host.

All “Conversation and topic links” in this post will access the show!!

See you on the air!!!

62 thoughts on ““Love vs. Dopamine and Knowing The Difference” Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

It’s tricky Trace real tricky. Good morning

2. acquitta says:

Wow…this is a must hear show – good read too πŸ‘€ πŸ™Œ

3. Ebony says:

Fairy-tales are for kids, and women need to stop believing in it. The reality is, you might be single for the rest of your life, so have a love affair with yourself πŸ˜›

not everyone is lucky in love

5. Miss Ang says:

Girls are groomed to be brides and boys are not groomed to be grooms. That’s a big part of it in a nutshell. Society (read=men) placed these “norms” where the guy is scared to commit and gets high fives for being a slut and girls are supposed to save themselves for the aforementioned sluts.

6. Lilly says:

some people hop from one relationship to another (J-Lo) out of fear of being alone. But if you don’t enjoy your own company, how the hell you expect someone else to enjoy it?

Tuning in

**************************************
    Men ain’t shyt these days. Period!

Welp!!! I’m a woman and I can say. It’s not all the men’s fault. My single girlfriends are a hot smoking mess. Like get yourself together and respect yourself! My brother is a good man and can’t find a self respecting woman to save his life!

9. Xmen says:

Bedroom activities are for married people Trace

• Coco says:

Thanks for confirming X!!!! I be telling my single girlfriends…dudes want wife material they can get a loose woman literally anywhere…they come a dime a dozen!

I done gave up on the poonayknee πŸ˜† tuning into the show because dopamine is like an addiction fa real yo.

you gotta stop falling in love with the idea of love and forever. that shit is work even for the most seasoned couples, and love aint enough to endure when things get tough

People have to stop believing in “love” period. It’s a very fickle emotion and very few people are capable of the act. Marriage is a contract – first and foremost – longevity is determined by whatever stipulations you agree to when you sign that certificate. To sign your life away to one partner under the guise of “love” is delusional. Hell you can love someone today and hate their guts tomorrow.

Love is a social construct. It doesn’t exist in nature. It’s a total fallacy. A figment of our imagination. It is rooted in fairy tales and fantasy and driven by brain chemicals that fade over time. That’s why over 60% of marriages fail.

Marriage is a sex contract. Let’s keep it real.

15. Billyboy says:

3 minutes till show time and I’m in da house!!!!

Yo those the balloons I sent Trace πŸ˜† but I thought it was MORE than that. O_o

Dancing to her opening πŸ˜›

Love and War ending I LOVE IT!!!

Liked by 5 people

• 2Thick4you says:

Love this song.

• Ashanti says:

Real love, is love and war. Loved that she ended her show on that note.

• neesy20110 says:

It looks bad when you’re delirious good show …if you need to understand it all listen to the rewind

Live that song. πŸ™‚ Thank u Nicole

Meant to say LOVE but um I’ve lived it too πŸ˜›

• PookieNem says:

OMG when she ended in “love and war” I thought damn!!! If he gets on your last nerve and you can still stand him, you might be onto something.

love n war is the reality of any real relationship, which is why Tamar said somebody lied to her about them (relationships). Uma need somebody to post the lyrics now. But anywho, Tra’s closing went well with the conversation of course.

Somebody said every day, was gon’ be sunny skies,
        Only Marvin Gaye and lingerie, I guess somebody lied
        We started discussin’ it to fightin’ then “Don’t touch me, please.”
        Then it’s “Let’s stop the madness, just come lay with me.”
        And truth be told I’m wavin’ my flag before it goes bad yeah yeah

‘Cause we made it this far on for better or worse
        I wanna feel it even if it hurts
        If I gotta cry to get to the other side, let’s go ’cause we’re gon’ survive oh

We stay on the front lines
        Yeah but we’re still here after the bomb drops
        We go so hard we lose control
        The fire starts then we explode
        When the smoke clears we dry our tears
        Only in love and war

Sometimes you’re my general, you quarterback all these plays
        Sometimes you’re my enemy and I’m throwin’ grenades
        We’ll just be chillin’ and laughin’, I’m layin’ on your chest
        Don’t know what happened ’cause things just went left
        But here we go back down that road
        That’s just the way that it goes

‘Cause we made it this far on for better or worse
        I wanna feel it even if it hurts

If I gotta cry to get to the other side, as long as you’re there I’ll survive oh
        We stay on the front lines
        Yeah but we’re still here after the bomb drops
        We go so hard we lose control
        The fire starts then we explode
        When the smoke clears we dry our tears
        Only in love and war
        As long as we make up after every fight when it’s over
        You know I’m comin’ home right there where I belong
        I’m takin’ off this armor oh-oh-oh-whoa-ooh-oh-oh
        And we stay on the front lines
        Yeah but we’re still here after the bomb drops
        We go so hard we lose control
        The fire starts then we explode baby
        When the smoke clears we dry our tears

Only in love and war
        Only in love and war
        Only in love and war

Liked by 1 person

Who chile!!!
    O_o
    Have Mercy Jesus!!
    She answered who’s emails? Who was sweatin her about their love life and lust πŸ˜†

20. 2Thick4you says:

Good show.

21. Alscream says:

Good commentary tonight

I don’t want to talk about LOVE, in fact I was so glad Valentine’s Day was/is over!!

VDay is so overrated. O_O and I’m so over it. Some people put too much into it, when you should feel special every day of the year.

24. Val says: