Protest but No Plan, Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

July 13, 2016 by The ReadyWriter

Since the senseless murders of two unarmed black men at the hands of police, the outrage has sparked protesting and demonstrations across the country.

The death of Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old father-of-5 was selling CDs outside a Baton Rouge convenience store when he was killed by 2 cops early last Wednesday. And 32-year-old Philando Castile, a Minnesota cafeteria worker who was shot to death on Wednesday by a milquetoast cop during a routine traffic stop.

We’ve seen such tragedies far too many times, and people are angry and outraged because “enough is enough!”

The cries for justice has been ignored far too long! So what is the clear path to justice? What are the steps for action and purpose of these many demonstrations that have been taken to the streets?

Join me at 6:30 p.m. EST on “Conversations Of A Sistah” via blog talk radio for tonight’s conversations and topic of discussion “Protest but No Plan”, with my special guests (pictured above); author, activist and black panther member Ms. Karen Tucker and Dr. Obari Cartman author and justice advocate.

We will be taking your calls and comments in the studio at 1-917-889-7872.

All “Conversation links” in this post make it possible to access the show!

66 thoughts on “Protest but No Plan, Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

1. BillyBoy says:

Mph! shit is real in these skreets and marching is like going around in the same circle Trace

Loving the back drop BQ – Tuning n. 2nite

all I know is being a black man in America is a lil scary right about now.

Trace whatz good?

5. AlScream says:

Trace you need a minister on ya panel tonight cause folk talk bout how praying ain’t neva work

6. AlScream says:

That Karen Tucker is fine. she becoming a regular wit Tra I see

Yes Tracy I agree. Everybody marching but 4what? Folk praying and 4what? In over 400 years and I ain’t seen a change yet!!!

There will Never be PEACE in this society until there is JUSTICE!!!
    The question is……How is it made a REALITY???

Really? It’s a damn shame the way Philando Castile died!!!! I’m wondering if there is a single cop who thinks the Philando Castile shooting was necessary? Shame on them. So let folk MARCH!!!

Morning

These shootings are tragic indeed! But this has GOT TO STOP. Honestly I don’t know where we should begin??? I’m tuning in hoping to hear an answer. seriously.

WHITE FOLK SAY WE’RE AGRESSIVE WHEN THEY’RE REALLY THE ONES WHO ARE AGRESSIVE. they SAY WE’RE DANGEROUS WHEN THEIR THE VERY ONES WHO STILL, KILL AND DESTROY. !!! PROTESTING? HELL THEY LUCK WE AIN’ DONE BURNT THESE CITIES AND STREETS DOWN OVER OUR BLACK MEN 😡

White folk got mad because Montana’s Governor said “Philando Castile wouldn’t have been shot if he were white”

He told the truth.com

Sometimes marching and protesting is all people know to do.

Abner Louiemna and Sean Bell were the 1st for the onset of this abuse from police. sad 😥

15. Miss Ang says:

The bigotry is despicable! I mean seriously. Looking 4ward to tonight’s show.

16. Miss Ang says:

When white people start getting killed for absolutely no reason what so ever
    ever then y’all can create a group called white lives matter which will be never !

• Val says:

But you’re white or is your profile pic just a rouge? LOL

• Miss Ang says:

No I’m a white woman…and??? Injustice is injustice AND I don’t care what the color. Just like WRONG IS STILL WRONG!!!!! And this is WRONG!!!! Point. Blank Period!!!

• Miss Ang says:

And for the record,,,,, I consider this site/blog HOME just like I’m a fan and have LUV for Tracy. And when she’s looking at her ratings, counting listeners and credits I’m sure she’s not separating us according to color.

• Val says:

No shade Ang….I agree!

*******
        PREACH.COM

17. Val says:

No Justice No Peace and that means by any means necessary. Marching, Praying whateva is gonna get JUSTICE!!! Is what I’m saying.

I think the black community should force the police to suffer financial and physical consequences for their actions and killing of unarmed black men. and there’s a fucking list of that a mile long.

30 minutes y’all

Trace Obama answering questions on this tomorrow on channel 7. His lame ass called Philandro Castile’s mama to express his condolences.

21. xmen says:

As far as BLM??? There is no legitimate leadership in that terrorist organization…they’ll fizzle out soon

• BBallen says:

seriously? I know everyone has the right to be stooped but fa real? You callin them terrorist? FOH

• Ashanti says:

I’m so sick of people calling BLM a terrorist or racist group. It just make my blood boil we are all we got we have to stick up for our rights. This system has been against people of color every since they step foot on this land centuries ago.

Karen that’s a bad BISH!!! 😆 she said Micah X Johnson is her hero.
    Dr. Obari sexy voice damn!!!!!~

• RandomChick says:

Zenna she’s OUTSPOKEN but said some REAL shit!!!! She and Obari cross referenced the same thing. They were power guest there conversations was a real match!!!~

• Sane says:

Karen that’s a bad BISH!!!😆
        _________
        Yes she is and fine as hell

Karen that’s a bad BISH!!!😆
        _________

YES!!!! Dr. Obari…he has a ‘midnight storm’ kinda voice sexy as all hail 😆

• Pinky says:

Karen that’s a bad BISH!!!😆
        _________

she take her thoughts from a whole different perspective. Dr. Obari was more calm and matter of fact. they were a perfect duo for the conversation

Obari said “an eye for an eye” now that’s what um talkin bout!!!

Good show Tra..I called but hung up.

Karen was on point…the dead black men in the streets and in the media are the modern day trees of our people hanging. same systematic system. sad as fuck but so true 😥 she made me think about that shit.

• Lisa says:

yeah 😥 she summed it up to be exact. we are still slaves well at least that’s how white America sees/view us. good show overall.. Dr, Obari kept it real because if you killed my kid oh hell yea you’s a dead ass.

• Pinky says:

**********
      she is outspoken and I freakin LOVE it.

• Daisy says:

**********
        AGREE!!!!!

• Kayla says:

**********
        Karen Tucker is a trip and a half!!! I NJoy listening to her.

• Kayla says:

**********
        Karen Tucker is a trip and a half!!! I NJoy listening to her.
        ———–
        She told the truth and shamed the devil. bottom line. it’s true the killing in the streets and leaving the bodies there for the world to see is the modern day lynching’s in 2016…smh…wow!!!

violence is never the answer and I feel for those families who lost their fathers/brothers/uncles/husbands/boyfriends but their blood was the sacrifice for those 2 unarmed black males being killed by their own.

Trace ya show was da truff!! I for one ain’t down for the marching and demonstrations but it shows we’re doing something. we’re expressing our frustrations somewhere/somehow.

Tonight’s show very encouraging. what has happened is a travesty in itself. I was so hurt when it 1st happened but day by day I have hope that it will get/be better.

Karen Tucker and Dr. Obari made excellent point. Yet maintained parallel to their ideas on what should happen. good show real good.

wonder how many black men were killed and we didn’t know? I mean really….we only know about Philandro and Alton because it was caught on camera/video… 😥 I’m sure millions of black males we know nothing about have been gunned down in our streets by police. WoW 😡

Good show TRA!! Good show, Damn good guest! Both of them.