Polygamy in 2016….Ladies Would you share your husband?

May 25, 2016 by The ReadyWriter

polygamy_1490320cPolygamy and Bigamy is illegal in the U.S., yet some people are practicing this way of living as if it is the new norm. Essentially they are the same in the aspect of having more than one wife/spouse.

Over the last few years there have been a number of television shows regarding the polygamist lifestyle. This has led some to wonder whether polygamy may be legal anywhere in the U.S. It also raises questions about why bigamy is outlawed and whether this is a trend that may be changing.

Is polygamy the next fight in marriage equality?

Currently, every state has a law outlawing polygamy. Additionally, the federal government has several laws that also criminalize the act of being married to more than one person. Enforcement of these laws is relatively difficult given the often secretive nature of many polygamists and the fact that most will have only one marriage on paper.

The question of polygamy is an interesting one in that most people today view polygamy as immoral while the Bible nowhere explicitly condemns it. Several prominent men in the Old Testament were polygamists. Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon, and others all had multiple wives.

Tune in tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST on “Conversations Of A Sistah” on blog talk radio as I tackle the subject “Polygamy in 2016” with my special guest Azad Chaiwala (pictured left), a polygamist of polygamy.com and Bishop Andre’ C. Alston (pictured right), Pastor of Antioch Christian Tabernacle. I’m sure there will be opposing views from my special guest. What do you think?

The “Conversations link” in this post make it possible to access the show!!!

Dare to meet me on the air!!

101 thoughts on “Polygamy in 2016….Ladies Would you share your husband?

I’m sure there will be opposing views from my special guest. What do you think?
    ___
    WTF kinda question is this Trace? Of course their are going to e opposing views!!! You got a Bishop going up against a polygamist. WTF O_o this shit is liable to blow up.

• QTip says:

Trace knew exactly what she was doing.

• Val says:

Trace knew exactly what she was doing.
        *******
        Of course 🙂 she’s a genius.

• Sane says:

she’s sneaky as hail is what she is 😆

• Neesey says:

she’s not sneaky she’s remaining current to common conversations and what’s happening in real time IMO.

• Adam says:

Let our gurl Trace be great! she’s on point! cuss this right here will be a trip!

I’m sure there will be opposing views from my special guest. What do you think?
        WTF kinda question is this Trace?
        ——————
        It’s her question that’s what kind of question it is. Answer it, engage it of STFU! This is her blog not yours 😡

• Henrietta says:

Trace knew exactly what she was doing.
        Yes she did. which is why she’s HOST 🙂

I wish my man would 😡

Happy Hump Day!!!

It’s them liberal / African / Let’s build 2gether kneegrows on that me and wives shit. smh this show is gonna be a trip I know. Dude up top look Muslim and the Bishop look like he gon spit brimstone and fire. Trace is a trip!

• Flo says:

Bishop look like he gon spit brimstone and fire.
      Yes that Bishop Alston look like he’s ready.

• Pointmen says:

Bishop look like he gon spit brimstone and fire.
      Bishop WAS HORSE. Could hardly hear him

5. 2Thick4you says:

Is polygamy the next fight in marriage equality?

Now that would truly be a fucking mess!!!! Folk will have STD’s going in and outta of everywhere. That’s right STD’s cause no matter how faithful you think one is, somebody gon FUCK around outside the circle. Nah ‘no thank you’ I love ME too much to be shared and licking another woman’s slop. smh

Is polygamy the next fight in marriage equality?

********
      CoSign!!!!

• Flo says:

********
      😆 LOL!

6. Val says:

I’m guessing that muslim don’t live in the US because polygamy in the U.S is against the law!!!!

7. Val says:

Ladies Would you share your husband? –>>>>HELL TO THE FUCK NO AND HE BETTER NOT WANT MORE 1 OF ME EITHER!!!

Thanks for asking thou O_o

Technically, if a man has more than one wife he is suppose to house them and take care of them. Living a polygamist lifestyle is not just about fucking it’s about purpose if all agree. But that’s from a biblical stand point. Today it’s one man one woman ya dig? But I’m tuning in cause I gots to hear this.

This conversation gon be deeper than the woods in the farest forest O_o

Trace a Bishop? fa real. You know damn well their views and opinions will be opposed and different, however, I’m sure the Bishop knows that them dudes in the Bible had many wives. This will be an interesting conversation. a juicy one too I’m sure.

11. Princess says:

Sister wives started this conversation in 2016 O_o Tracy I will front and center for this one.

12. Neesey says:

Is polygamy the next fight in marriage equality?

If polygamy ever became law, my beautiful ass would remain single and riding a dill-DoE for life. Ain’t No way in hell I would share my man ~ Smh O_o NO!!!!

Gonna be one real damn conversation.

Oh My….Bishop Alston is a nice looking man. What kind of questions will Tracy be asking? I need to add my 2 cents to the convo.

I would NEVA accept sharing my man (husband/BF) with another woman, if that’s the case I may as well accept him cheating.

16. Xmen says:

Polygamy was accepted in the Bible y’all Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all-em had 3, 4, 5 wives. They was slinging dick as fast as moses could write the commandments.

LOL 😆

• Acquitta says:

********
      Yea well, we are not living in Biblical times

Is polygamy the next fight in marriage equality?
    I would HOPE NOT but then again the world has gone mad, look at TRUMP he just might become president and sign it into law.

Trace god didn’t make all these variety of men and woman, for us to be stuck with one kind. Now that’s not to say monogamy can’t work. Because it can. It’s just not for everyone. And having a wife, but banging out another woman behind her back is not polygamy.

• CorporateBitch says:

———
      If married it’s called cheating and adultery, if single it’s just cheating. which would you rather @Man?

Mm How in thee hell would it work? O_O
    Do/would the wives compete against each other for attention/affection from the husband, or do they join forces against outside women/mistresses trying to get at him?

Polygamy is AGAINST THE LAW IN THE U.S AND THE UK!!!
    But this is going to be interesting.

21. Flo says:

Tra this subject is highly inflammatory and sensitive. Especially among Black (and most other races) women. O_o I am so tuning in thou.

Please! !!!
    Some men ain’t even capable of taking care of one women let alone many O_o *rolls eyes* so Azad better come correct!
    And Praise da Lawd Bishop!!! Don’t hurt em 😆

Tracy uma need you to ask this question, can a polygamous arrangement be as stable; as a monogamous one?

• BrownGirl says:

stability comes from an understanding and see, my crazy ass would neva be able to understand him/my man/my husband fucking sally sue, while me, banita and shay wait our turns in the other rooms. Fuck outta here 😛 I’d catch a damn case behind date kneegrow and his extra bitches. 😆

If you’s a po ass black man, you don’t have any business thinking about having multiple wives!
    That being said, I’m tuned all the way IN.

• Soldier1 says:

Really Brown?
      is this your way of putting a black man down? This has nothing to do with money woes. There are poor men in other countries with multiple wives. This is just different from the American culture and to say that it is wrong is ethnocentric thinking at the most. I’ll stick to one wife, two kids, two cars and a dog thank you.

25. Henrietta says:

Wow!
    This will be interesting.

26. Soldier1 says:

Just because this is not our way of living doesn’t mean we should condemn those who are living this! Tuning in Tracy.

I would never consider polygamy! UNLESS, the man was Bill Gates, he made me his first wife/beneficiary and promised to be dead within a month! 😛

Lawd 😥 Jesus help da peoples here get thru this.

would you rather unite in a polygamist marriage or have him cheat? That’s like a snake asking you to choose your poison.

• KAYLA says:

———
      EXACTLY!!!

30. Mrs says:

I just can’t imagine sharing my husband O_o No.

31. mahogany says:

You can’t TELL me that when these womens’ husbands bring another wife into the fold/home that is maybe smarter or cuter or thinner or WHATEVER, they don’t feel the slightest bit of jealousy?

That is how women are, UNIVERSALLY, you can stick whatever label on it you want but a woman is still a woman at the end of the day. And I’m not waiting until my designated “night” to be with MY husband. I couldn’t be a polygamist if I tried, the other wives would be so mad at me. and yes I would kick their ass!

32. KAYLA says:

Sex or no sex my husband is MINE.
    I am not sharing with no other woman. There can be only one Mrs ….in my house!!!! More power to whoEVER is willing to do this, but no thank you.

Polygamy isn’t about need, it’s about perverted men wanting to get some and get some more.

I would NEVER be able to relate to my husband wanting more than me as a wife. Sheesh!
    And No I don’t buy into there’s a shortage of men, so it should be considered either.

Tuning in.

That conversation was fire!!! That Bishop Alston wanted to eat azad’s ass fa super. yea trace redo this right here. prt 2 baby

i respect Azad but it sounds like he wants to give into his flesh. but he said he can support his wives but ain’t no way in hail polygamy is a good thang. oh hell nawl

38. nicole says:

Damn that was deep. that bishop was pissed he was horse. but he like bring it….

39. slickrick says:

how bout dude told the bishop let’s not go by the bible, let’s pretend da shit don’t exist 😆 wow

Good show. Bishop wanted to chime in harder and sharper but his voice was shot. He majorly horse!

Good show.!! Lawd that Bishop Alston. He was good especially the fact that he took notes.

I enjoyed both sides of these guest. Tra I agree to with Azad let’s take the religious factor out of it.

43. Pointmen says:

That UK guy Azad was good!!! I appreciated his honesty concerning polygamy. That man talked as if he wants to make polygamy a business. And I surely will be tuned in to hear how he wants to make polygamy GREAT!! It was an interesting conversation. I hope the Bishop gets better soon because I would love to hear the face off clearly.

I tried to call in but the studio lines were busy. but it was an interesting conversation. can’t wait to hear part 2.

Trace when you schedule part 2 of this show/conversation, you may need either more than a half hour or a shortened introduction. those 30 minutes go quick.