September 10, 2014 by The ReadyWriter

John_Traier

The GOP is still struggling with the morality issue, the evolution of same sex marriage. While Democrats have moved quickly away from the idea that gay and lesbian relations are morally wrong, Republicans are moving much slower. In fact, they’re barely more accepting of homosexuality today than they were a decade ago.

The morality issue is a key one for Republicans. While it’s possible that Republicans who think homosexuality is morally wrong could still back same sex marriage, it’s much, much more unlikely that they will ever get to that point. Morality is, after all, the prevailing reason that people give for opposing gay marriage.

For now, Republicans who want to expand the party’s appeal to the gay community and avoid being on the wrong side of a fast-moving social issue will likely simply say that it’s an issue that should be left to the states.

Are GOP members in denial of no homosexuals in their Party? Will the party continue to ignore that same sex marriages exist?

This is not the case with John M. Traier (pictured above), who began his career as a young republican in 1976 and has been involved in the Republican Party for 38 years and counting! John has spent his political career advancing Republican ideals and working to get Republican candidates elected into office.

Join me tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah” via “Conversations Live” as I converse with Mr. Traier about his party’s position on homosexuality, same sex marriage and his goal of expanding the party base to a diverse groups of individuals.

The “Conversations links” in this post make it possible to access the show!

180 thoughts on “Politics & Policy, as a ‘Gay Republican Leader’ tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Republicans will kill a homo 1st b4 they let him infiltrate a whole party.

2. alscream says:

REPUBS are AGAINST GAYS, LEZZIES, SAME SEX MARRIAGE N ALL DAT SHIT!

Oh hail NO Trace I’m tired of the homo conversations. Dayum!

4. Browngirl says:

LMAO 😆 dude don’t look gay that whatz so scary about it. O_o

• Adam says:

dude don’t look gay that whatz so scary about it
      ——
      at least he’s not on the DL like so many of his republican counterparts.

5. Browngirl says:

Hey Ceo fellaz 😆 y’all ain’t digging tonights show topic?

6. bballen says:

There are more republican politicians on the downlow because they’d rather live in the closet instead of living their truth.

John Traier is a nice looking man. Looks str8 from the pic. goes to show you looks are deceiving. O_o

Ah damn not this shit again.

Tuning in 😆

10. Pookie~Nem says:

How in thee hell can another man have feelings for another man? Repub, democrat or fuckin independent. That shit just AIN’T natural it’s got damn freaky in fact.

I guess Tracy will keep her opinion out of this interview.

Looking 4ward to this conversation.

13. 2thick4you says:

“This is not the case with John M. Traier (pictured above), who began his career as a young republican in 1976 and has been involved in the Republican Party for 38 years and counting! John has spent his political career advancing Republican ideals and working to get Republican candidates elected into office.

John has been exceptionally successful in this position and became Passaic County’s Republican Chairman in 2012. John is openly gay and engaged to his partner of 27 years.”

But has he always been an OPENLY gay Republican leader? My bet is if so, it was never on a national level, cause he would not have NOT survived. sorry I just don’t believe he would have. Locally, maybe..

14. gia says:

a gay republican, there are so many more of him, they are just not brave enough to admit or live it O_o
    Nice looking BTW

15. Henrietta says:

John is openly gay and engaged to his partner of 27 years.
    ^^^^^^^
    That’s a long damn time to be engaged to another man. Will he marry now if same sex marriage is LEGAL in the state where he lives?

Dude look oily as hell.

17. soldierboy says:

The 1 thing I loved about Pres. George W..Ya he wasn’t for same sex shit and wasn’t afraid to denounce it during his terms in office but Obama is a str8 punk on this gay tip.

Ain’t the 1st republican gay and I’m sure he’s not the last.
    Tuning in.

Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian

• Ashanti says:

Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian
      —–
      And the point of your comment being relevant to this post? O=O

Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian
        —–
        And the point of your comment being relevant to this post? O=O
        —–
        Cheney is a republican, so is his daughter and she’s gay. republicans are aginst the lifestyle when it’s right in their own backyards, is my point O_o

wonder if his lifestyle is so accepting amongst his republican peers?

21. bird says:

Tuning in. John looks smart and I bet he’s a huge success regardless to the fact that he prefers dyck 😆 over the box.

Every other motherfucker living is gay nowadays WTF?!

I dont care what NOBODY say…I do NOT agree with gay men marrying and raising sons. O_o

24. shawnia says:

Imma just O_o and TUNE in……..Everything aint got to be commented on.

Can’t wait for tonight’s show, personally I don’t see a problem with same sex marriages O_o

I’m so sick of every other state being sued for this. I wish they would make a federal call on this and be done with it.

I GOT NOTHING. AIN’T EVEN READ TONIGHTS SHOW POST 😆 Tired of these people. Yea I said it 😆 Let me stop and go read it.

Most married people I know are miserable. Let the gays have it I say!

• Angelhair says:

Most married people I know are miserable.
      ~~~~~~
      Really? Mph thats unfortunate

• Pamela says:

Most married people I know are miserable.
        __________________
        Aww man that sucks 😥 I know some that are miserbale, but the ones that I see happy and have witnessed outweighs them all 😛

• Rezzie says:

Most married people I know are miserable.
        __________________
        Of course they are if LUST hooked them up instead of God.

No but for real if they want to marry. Let ‘em. It takes work. Worth it with the right person it’s worth it but 🙂
    Let them get their legal rights. ION care O_o They humans ain’t they? I mean we live in a free society… So while I do have my beliefs about it that is for me and my house. Didn’t we separate church and state?

Tuning in but right now……………….I digress

31. Miss Ang says:

let them marry, like for real…at the end of the day each person’s marriage is what they have together and nothing more…so what other folks do or don’t do should not affect the state of your own institution…

God made MAN FOR WOMAN. and that FACT will never change!

Straight people should abandon marriage and let the gays have it. Then the gays won’t want to be married anymore. This is not about equality, this is about a group of people who believe they are entitled to special treatment because they’re gay.

• Lilly says:

Straight people should abandon marriage and let the gays have it
      ——-
      They can have my right to marry cause right now I ain’t using it. 😆

They have a fight on their hands. New Jersey ain’t California and New York. Folks are going to fight it.

(aka Jesus) said “For this reason shall a man leave his mother and father and shall cleave to HIS WIFE and the two shall become one flesh. So what God has joined together let NO MAN [President or Supreme Court] put asunder [destroy or redefine].”

35. Lilly says:

Only hype about marriage is just to say “i’m married”.. People took the santity of marriage away 30 years ago. More kids being born outta wedlock..more people shacking up…. people getting divorced left and right…people getting married 8 times…

36. Xmen says:

This dude is gay? And a republican on top of that!
    Do he really wanna marry his partner of 27 years? I mean whatz the point?

• Jamilla says:

This dude is gay? And a republican on top of that!
      Do he really wanna marry his partner of 27 years? I mean whatz the point?
      —–
      tax benefits, & medical reasons. there are certain things that a husband/wife can do that a girlfriend/boyfriend/”roomate” cant. other than religious rules there really isnt any reason to deny them the right to marry.

• QueenC says:

tax benefits, & medical reasons. there are certain things that a husband/wife can do that a girlfriend/boyfriend/”roommate” cant. other than religious rules there really isnt any reason to deny them the right to marry.
        _____________________

That ain’t true. With various legal documents they have about 99% of the same benefits.

Suzie Orman used to sell a package for gays that consolidated all of these legal documents that made gays essentially “married” minus the marriage license itself.

• AnnonoymousOne says:

________________________

😛 It’s something like 1100 federal rights you are granted through marriage.

Marriage is a religious tradition. If the gays want to marry they can do it the traditional way — by marrying someone of the opposite sex. Next they will try to tell the Muslims and the Jews what to do with their religion.

• CorporateBitch says:

————
      marriage is not limited to religious ppl. atheists gets married all the time. marriage is a legal procedure, thts why you can do it at the courthouse, your backyard, or at the seaquarium.

its about business. all the other stuff is secondary.

Next the bisexuals will file federal lawsuits to allow them to marry a man AND a woman at the same time.

• Kayla says:

———————————
      I most definitely won’t be surprised

I understand the need for the same rights tho…..wanna hear this show too.

I just respect the fact that this dude seems authentic. Not to mention, owning his own feelings publicly and privately. This must be liberating and healing for him.

41. Pointmen says:

Still for traditional marriages and relationship’s buts still tuning in for my gurls topic 2night!

42. Neisy says:

Tuning in and will comment more after the show.

43. Floridagirl says:

gay people have a right to be miserable just like everyone else! 🙂 Cant wait to hear the show.

Would anyone of y’all attend a church pastored by a gay minister? O_o

• Tammy says:

Would anyone of y’all attend a church pastored by a gay minister?
      I personally would not attend a church that is pastored by a gay minister. 2eaches own though.

• Sane says:

Would anyone of y’all attend a church pastored by a gay minister?
        OH ION EVEN GO DA CHURCH SO…..I COULD REALLY GIVE 2 FUCKS.

• Civil says:

Would anyone of y’all attend a church pastored by a gay minister?
        I’m on the fence about the whole “gay is OK thing” (IN THE CHURCH)… do what you do, but INSIDE the church, if you’re going to preach the WORD and stand by the Word and that word says it’s wrong, let’s not CHANGE the Word to go along with society… try to change society to go along with the Word.

• Felicia says:

Would anyone of y’all attend a church pastored by a gay minister?

COME THE FAWK ON WE WORRIED ABOUT TWO PEOPLE COMING TOGETHER IN UNITY 😛 LET THEM LIVE! TUNING IN TO HEAR THIS DUDE TOO.

46. mittseybean says:

I swear I feel as if the traditional family is under attack in America

• Ashanti says:

I swear I feel as if the traditional family is under attack in America
      ——-
      Chile please! Get real. If you are straight and you don’t like gay marriage just don’t marry a gay person and you should be alright. I don’t see how it would effect anything in your life.

Have a good day and mind your own business in the process.

47. Val says:

sooo ok he gay O_o I think he still gone be a hellavu good guest on said topic.

48. Applebottom says:

Tuning in for tonights conversation but……You can’t go against what the Bible tells us. I believe in GOD, JESUS is my SAVIOR.

It’s wrong.

• SlickRick says:

It’s wrong.
      **********
      So is FUCKING w/o being married, is Jesus still your Savior then? #Justasking oh cuss I’m tuning in too!

• Applebottom says:

It’s wrong.
        **********
        Premarital sex is not the subject here @Slick.

• SlickRick says:

Premarital sex is not the subject here @Slick.
        —–
        Oh I know but -sin-is-sin right? and when Jesus commanded us about 1, He commanded us about the other….that’s all I’m sayin…so are u screwing or what?

Premarital sex is not the subject here @Slick.
        —–
        ********
        Ouch!

• Henrietta says:

@Apple
        The bible also says that it’s a sin to wear two different cloths woven of different materials together…do you have on satin drawers with some cotton pants?

#noshade

• Zenna says:

Premarital sex is not the subject here @Slick.
        —–
        No but he –>>(SlickRick) made a damn good point 😆

49. Henrietta says:

For those who support same sex marriage, feel free to support, Beastiality, adultry, murder, greed <—- which they already support, gluttony, blasphemy to the good Lords name and so on. When are we going to draw the line people?

Republicans would never approve of homosexuality in their party. 🙂

I’ll reserve comment until after tonight’s show.

1.5 till the show and Yes I’m counting!! 🙂

So excited it’s 7:59 PM…C’mon Cyrus!!! 🙂

54. DHood says:

ah shit now they reaching out to niggaz to run as repubs. O_o sneaky asses!!!!

55. Ebony says:

Awesome!!!
    He was AWESOME!!!
    The man has CLASS!!! 🙂 I really enjoyed him. Kudos Trace for keeping your OPINIONs, which are SKRONG in tact!!!

I FUCKIN LOVED THIS DUDE….GAY., SRT8 OR INDIFFERENT THIS MAN KNEW HIS SHIT AND WAS FAIR AS SHIT!!! GONE ARE THE OLD FOGGIEZ OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

57. UncleEd says:

Fuck it, I’m turning in my Obama card tomorrow 😆 Traier was authentic! You could tell he was sincere.

I was ROFL 😆 when Tracy said but why a Republican?

I can RESPECT his position. And truthfully he’s right, both parties have to reach across the board and work with each other. He damn sure disagree with a lotta shit Obama doin. I know Trace didn’t like that shit but she held that weapon of a tongue thou.

60. Yes says:

He wasn’t ashamed to talk about being openly gay O_o

• alscream says:

she held that weapon of a tongue thou.
      ———
      she probably ran to put some ice on that tongue of hers it was so heated. 😆

• Princess says:

she held that weapon of a tongue thou.
        ———
        Tracy is always professional and would never invite a guest to her house then insult them. 😛 show was awesome!!!

• 2thick4you says:

she held that weapon of a tongue thou.
        ———
        yes she did on every side…the political and the gay cause she could-a RIPPED HIM to shreds!!!! #noshade

He was 1st and foremost a man and a human being. His sexual preference and political stance was irrelevant IMO….He was great!!!!

62. Princess says:

He was FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!
    I loved him, he was great!!!!

Good show Mz. Bell. Your republican guest was just so sweet. I wish him the best with his political aspiration. He was Awesome!!!!

😆 Awesome show Tracy!!!!

65. CeoDawg says:

Good show tonight. He left a lot of room for Tracy to dig in dat ass about OUR PRESIDENT of these United States But I see she digressed… otherwise he made some poignant points., he was decent. Def. one of these hip, new age republicans.

Tracy loved the show. Thank you for keeping an open mind with these guests 🙂 Mr. Traier was interesting.

• 2thick4you says:

Why? Because he was a republican? Please O_o

• Donte says:

Yea dude felt strongly about how Prez. Obama handling Russia. I was shocked when he said he didn’t want a war when that was Bush’s position. George WYA that is.

He was a great guest but I’m still disgusted with both parties. 😦

“Why a republican? Is this your party of choice or an inherited influence?” T.L.B. ~ C.O.S.

John is a good Repub. 😆 I was IMPRESSED by him he seemed sincere.

Ion know, but i do know this……..I guessed tonight’s song RIGHT!!!!! “I’m Coming Out”!!!

Great show- awesome guest!
    Dude is/was proof that you can’t judge the same book by 1 cover.

John was definitely comfortable talking about his lifestyle on the air and out in the open.
    Kudos Tracy for with-holding judgment.

I LOVE ME SOME TRA!
    GOOD SHOW BOO.

I wouldn’t listen to tonight’s show. This topic on a gay politician didn’t interest me. O_o #dontjudgeme

• Pamela says:

——-
      at least you’re being honest

• Aceman says:

——-
        at least you’re being honest
        ———
        Always Pamela still love me some Trace and “Conversations of A Sistah” Thou No doubt!