“He’s just my baby daddy” Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

August 21, 2013 by The ReadyWriter

Baby_Mama_BD

Too many men are satisfied with fathering the child without the commitment of marriage, making this a modern-day trend. And too many women are willing to play cow-tow and assisting in this role.

Then he becomes the father of your child, whom you did not marry and with whom you are not currently involved. Yet he’s no longer involved with you, that is, if the two of you were ever really involved at all.

He’s moved on as guys always do and now he has that new title for the rest of his life as being your baby daddy. A term applied to those fathers of illegitimate children, children born outside of a married union.

He’s not your boyfriend or your husband, or even really your friend; he’s just the father of your child. The man whom you chose to co-parent this role with you, a sperm donor who took part in a clone.

The term baby daddy is ghettoized and the only thing you can call him because you’re not in a relationship with him.

Now comes the drama with your baby’s mama; she has all the rights and control over your kid/kids, you’re on child support because you just wouldn’t aid in the financial support for your kid, the fights are never-ending and the lists goes on.

Are these your issues and is this your story?

Join me tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah via “Conversations Live” as I discuss how to keep the baby mama and daddy drama at bay.

I’ll be taking your phone calls, feedback and opinions regarding this issues on the air at 1-347-426-3645, press “1” to speak to the host!

You can access the show at any of the links in this post or by clicking here!

In the meantime sound off here and/or email your questions and experiences with your baby mama or baby daddy at conversations@optonline.net

180 thoughts on ““He’s just my baby daddy” Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

Oh shit!
    So we bought to find out just who is GHETTO up in dis bitch! 😆

Oh I forgot. Top of the Mornin to y’all.

3. AlScream says:

That’s something I don’t ever want is a baby mama.

I str8 HATE the term period. which is why i was determine to graduate from the title by becoming A WIFE!

I am not with my children s’ father but if I ever heard he referred to me as his “baby mama”, I would kill his ass.!

• BBallen says:

—————-
      WHY? if that’s what you are to him.

• Wanda says:

—————-
        WHY? if that’s what you are to him.
        ***********
        We were once in a relationship and I don’t like the term. I would prefer it if he said “The mother of my children”

• BBallen says:

———–
        I see you like it DRESSED UP. Oh ok I understand.

• Anthony says:

—————-

It’s always Baby Mommas that have a problem with this term don’t make your self a baby mama simple as that.

• Civil says:

Wanda,
        If you weren’t married and you had a baby then you’re a baby mama, hate to break it to you Boo.

• Pamela says:

Where is the hard cover copy of the Hood Dictionary? Somebody need to consult it. Stat!

• Omar says:

—————-

Regardless of how you feel about being called a baby Moma…that’s what you are and will always be if your not his wife. Sugarcoating works for you I suppose.

Wow!
    Not a topic for me but I know a whole lotta people with some baby mama drama. so this is not an isolated topic.
    I’ll be tuned in.

Don’t want one and will not date a woman with kids.

Don’t want one and will not date a woman with kids.
      *******
      Damn you’re cutting your prospects short aren’t you?

• BBallen says:

Bobby,
        My preference is to date single folks without kids but that does not mean it’s a definitive end all be all. We all have red flags and things we want in a mate, I happen to want a woman without a child so that in the event we evolve into husband and wife we can share the experience of birthing our children together.

The term” baby mama” can have a negative connotation period. My GF uses the term all the time for her baby daddy. Now I’m gonna have to have her listen to this show with me tonight. She def. have drama too.

9. CeoDawg says:

I wanna address the term baby mama itself and convey that no one should look to be one or to have one. I hope Trace convey on her show tonight a need and desire for our men and women to be wives, husbands, and parents. Because it’s true too many men and women are willing to be parents without the union of marriage and it’s sad.

Another great topic Tracy!!!! I know you’re going to state the obvious. Can’t wait.

11. Browngirl says:

Oooooohh This is gone be HOT!!!!
    Especially since I know a lot of me Ceo peeps got Baby Mama drama.
    So I’m waiting people spill the tea.

12. Ebonyeyes says:

I am a single childless woman who doesn’t want to date/settle for a man with kids. I don’t want to jump into a ready made family.

13. SoldierBoy says:

Real topic for real issues.
    Thanks Trace for this. I’ll email you offline.

No baby mama drama. No Mam
    I don’t want a man who has responsibilities to some other woman.

People need to make better decisions, I’m a black woman and I make SURE I tell the girls I mentor to want more for themselves and not settle for being the baby mama. Strive to be the WIFE! If you are old enough to have sex then you are old enough to make better decisions.

• Ashanti says:

Zenna,
      Sure, we should all strive to become husbands and wives. However, it’s equally important if not greater to strive to be great fathers and mothers, should we fall short of becoming husbands and wives a great mother would get my vote any day over a great wife.

• 2Thick4U says:

Ashanti,
        while you make an excellent point, both roles go hand in hand are a huge responsibility. They should compliment each other. A good wife should equal a good mother.

• Ashanti says:

@2Thick
        if you’re technically defining a “baby mama” as one who was never married to the man then yes, but when you’re a great mother (regardless of marital status) then who wants to be referred to as a “baby mama”?! Perhaps mother is just as appropriate.

This is Bullshit!!!!
    I don’t think any rational and competent individual set out to become a “baby mama” and/or “baby daddy”. Life as we know it doesn’t always turn out the way we want it. In short, shit happens.

• BBallen says:

This is Bullshit!!!!
      ———————————————–
      which is why you don’t go outside when it’s raining without an umbrella. You prepare yourself for shit. Wear a condom, use a contraceptive, prepare, make better decisions if you don’t see yourself in a long term relationship.

• Ashanti says:

THERE IS NOTHING ANY WOMAN CAN TELL ME B/C I’VE BY PASSED THAT STIGMA OF ‘SHIT HAPPENS’!!!

I can’t even begin to count the men who wanted me 2/become their BABY MOMMA and as quick as they said that shit was as QUICK as i was out!!!!!

YOU open YOUR LEGS without protection cause you WANT TOO NOT BECAUSE SHIT HAPPENS

• 2Thick4U says:

—————-
      Holla! I agree!

• Aceman says:

Shit happens @Angelhair,
      Fa real??? How hard is it to stay on the pill while fucking without a wedding ring? These women kill me!

• Angelhair says:

How hard is it to stay on the pill while fucking without a wedding ring?
        —–
        And how hard is it TOO PULL ON A CONDOM b4 you decide to lay down with a chick. It takes 2 Ace.

I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS TOPIC FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER WHEN ALL OF MY FRIENDS BECAME THE DREADED BABY MAM.

I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE HAVING KIDS. NOT BE WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND BECOME HIS BABY MOMMA BY HAVING A BABY FOR HIM.

SO I’M SORRY BUT THE TRUTH IS, IF YOU SINGLE AND HAVE ‘HIS’ BABY YOU’S A BABY MOMMA!!!!

I WILL NEVER BE A BABY MOMMA and a lot of that stems from the fact that MY MOMMY ISN’T A BABY MOMMA…..SHE IS THE WIFE!!!!

At the end of the day, the woman makes the final decision about either having sex or not having sex, getting pregnant or not getting pregnant. If you don’t want to be a “baby mama”, ghetto or not, don’t have a baby until you get married. There has to be a double standard between men and women, because the final choice lies with them.

Man are not the ones who get pregnant so it’s easy for them to skip out when they feel like it, not fair but that’s how it is. that’s why everybody is saying women need to be more careful.

21. Lilly says:

I am single woman without children by choice. Family planning down to a science. I wanted the husband and the whole package. I still do, but dating someone with children is impossible. I just pulled the plug on a “relationship” this month. The endless excuses for no quality time got old.

The thing that gets me is when a man with children attempts to move on with someone else, the momma goes for the jugular. For me, a new child support agreement and a prenup would have to be on the table to protect assets. It’s buyer beware kind of situation.

23. Annonymous says:

I am 23 years old pregnant and it isn’t looking very good for me and my baby’s father so I guess that would make me the epitome of a “baby mama” I am however a college graduate with my own car, own job own place and I’m going to graduate school for software engineering.

Before I found out about my unplanned pregnancy it was hard if not impossible to find a black man that was willing to take ANY responsibility, let alone his children or anyone else’s children for that matter, and this wasn’t just an issue that I had. Neither me nor any of my [black] girlfriends or any of their friends are seeming to find a good black man willing to commit. My white friends however are getting married or have been in long term committed relationships by age 25.

So @Tracy your apprehension about the “baby mama” doesn’t shock me because the black mans lack of commitment doesn’t shock me anymore. The bigger issue at hand, in my opinion isn’t how black men don’t want to date women with children, its WHY are there so many single black women with children in the first place?

• BigBoy says:

———
      He lacked commitment when you both slept together because you weren’t married., engaged nothing..yes I agree maybe he should have married you when you got pregnant but he didn’t. which is why you gotta protect yourself first.

• BBallen says:

@Annonymous,
      You as a woman have to look out for yourself first. Esp. if the man has no commitment to you. Protect yourself!!!

Ooh Wee there are a lot of issues and opinions on this subject matter already. Looks like once again Tracy AKA Blog Queen chose the right topic.

Either way it doesn’t apply to me but one of my GF’s she and I both will be tuning in. 🙂

If more men would step up to the plate when their girl get pregnant, there would be less “baby mamas” which is why you PROTECT yourselves until you’re ready to make that level of commitment. And most importantly stop having sex casually but with someone you see yourself with long-term.

I DO NOT want the hassle of the baby mama. I’d rather be with a man who owns his own time and has no drama from an ex. i did it once and will never do it again.

27. BigBoy says:

I would rather stay away from women with kids. But that’s just me. I’m sure there are men out there that will be more accepting of baby mamas.

This is why i know Trace is a real good catch. No kids. 🙂

This is why i know Trace is a real good catch. No kids
      CoSign too bad you won’t be the one to catch her 😆

Some women made rash decisions by becoming pregnant for a man that was never their husband or even their boyfriend, but they feel they should not be taken out of the dating pool for that, which I don’t think they should either, but I don’t think they should believe that a single, childless, successful man would make them first choice as oppose to a woman he can spend a lot of time with, without the distraction of a child or the drama of a crazy baby daddy.

Glad I’m not related to this topic. But I’m tuning in.

29. Floridagirl says:

While not everyone chooses to be a baby mama/daddy, let’s not act like there are not people that do. They exist and they are the ones that need to hear this show. And if this subject don’t apply to you, why take it so personal.

30. Floridagirl says:

No GLOVE NO LOVE !!! Point…Blank..Period!!!

I am too free and single with no kids and boy am I loving it!!!

Who needs baby mama drama???? So many men who get with a baby mama and help raise her kid(s) are eventually told “you ain’t my daddy!!!”. So fuck that! I ain’t ya daddy and don’t wanna be.

33. Cameo says:

In the event that I got the wrong woman pregnant, is scary as hell. Cause if she the wrong one I’m gonna have all kinds of issues in trying to be there for my kid. especially if she decide to fuck em up mentally in the end. i wouldn’t be able to take a sassy kid being brand washed by my baby mama.

Truth be told, I’d rather date someone with less baggage.

35. Miss Ang says:

When white women have children out of wedlock they’re called a love child but when a black women have a child out of wedlock she’s a baby mama. really?

You’re a bit out of range on this topic Miss Ang.
      We’re talking about Baby mama and daddy drama not what a child out of wedlock is called. I suggest you re-read the post, have your coffee then tune in tonight.

No baby mama’s in my life. Hell I’m not even ready to Wife a sistah. Life’s too good and free.

I ain’t sayin SHIT!!!
    I’m a baby daddy and yes I got some baby mama drama.
    Nuff said.
    I ain’t taking no questions so don’t ask me none. 😆

The mother of his children….that’s it. Not a wife hence baby mama. Ok.
    This is real talk people. I’m tuning in.

39. BillyBoy says:

women get so pressed about being called a baby mama. Yet if you didn’t wanna be called a baby mama you shoulda waited until you got married to have kids.

LAWD HAVE MERCY I THINK IT’S GHETTO WHEN YOU HAVE A BABY OUT OF WEDLOCK PERIOD!! WHICH IS WHY THE DRAMA IS ALWAYS SO TYPICAL.

NOW WHICH ONE OF Y’ALL CEO BLOGGERS BUGGED TRACY TO ADDRESS THIS RATCHET ASS TOPIC ON HER SHOW TONIGHT? I’LL WAIT.

If a parent is taking care of their business and don’t have any drama then I don’t consider them a baby mama/daddy. Now if y’all on maury, cops being called, and back and fourth to court, then you get dubbed the term baby mama/daddy drama.

That picture is fucking typical and hilarious!
    Let me just say that I’m single and child-less and single folks operate under a “selfish” mind state. At this point in my life all of my actions reflect solely on me, so i wouldn’t have the time nor patience to share a man with his kid or baby mama.

43. Xmen says:

All I can say is I’m playin my part in not being a baby daddy or making a baby mama to the best of my ability. I just pray that my future Mrs. is working to do the same.

I’m guarding my damn sperm like it’s the last chicken wing on a buffet table with a bunch a fat people in the room eyeballing it. I am terrified on impregnating the wrong woman. I see too many of my homey’s dealing with the drama from their baby’s mama’s. They be busting out their car windows, dragging them into court all un-necessarily. they can’t even have GF’s in peace w/o the baby mama’s interference. So hell NO, I might be fucking you but you bets believe i got like 5 garbage bags on my shit to ensure I don’t leak a drop a sperm no wheres. Then I’m collecting that shit when we done. Ain’t gon be no Mary Jane type a-shit going down with my sperm. Smh. Oh hell NO!

I see alot of people on this blog are hooked on titles and fascinated with getting married. It’s not a reality in fact it’s a bit delusional cause not everybody choose marriage b4 having kids.

This is such a great topic!
    Marriage does not say forever…but it does say I care and respect you enough to make it legal–make you the wife. Why buy the cow when the milk is free.

Didnt Michelle Obama refer to herself as a baby mama once? Its just a stupid term IMO.

• Yes says:

Didnt Michelle Obama refer to herself as a babymama once? Its just a stupid term.
      ——-
      NO!!!! Michelle referred to herself as a single mom due to the President’s busy schedule. She later cleared that shit up too.

___________________________

Oh I knew it was something like that.

• PointMen says:

___________________________

Yes she did cuz we all know she is not single. Barack and Michelle both scraight neither one of em, have a baby mama or baby daddy. ya heard ! They are great examples of black love and stability.

48. Intense says:

Great show topic and I will be TUNED in.
    Me personally I was a baby mama turned WIFE!!!

In my hood, women who are respectable, positive figures are considered “mother of my child” but if you’re a hoodrat not good for nothing then you are considered “baby mama”. I guess different places view the word differently. Where I from “baby mama” can be fighting words if said to the wrong individual.

When you go to court for child support you automatically in the system but when you can’t rely on support from ya baby daddy it’s a viable option? The reason why so many women must seek the help of the court is because men aren’t assessing shit and this of course equals apart of baby mama/daddy drama.

Gots to email the show.

51. Henrietta says:

I hate to be mean but if you are not married to the children’s father you equal a BABY MAMA. Ladies keep your legs closed that is all.

Marriage doesn’t mean perfection. It means that a man respects you enough to make the union legal before God, your family, friend, community, etc.

Marriage gives you legal rights etc. A man who marries you wants his woman and his children to carry his name. There is a reason for marriage. It legally legitimizes your relationship with one another person.

Ladies if you are not married or even if you are but have many different daddies for your kids, you are still a baby mama. To me all the kids should be by one man. I get tired of this baby mama being cute bullshit. That mess is ugly. Can’t wait to hear the show.

Regardless if your standards are “high” or not, your relationship will not be flawless. But have more going on for you then becoming a baby mama or having a baby daddy for anybody.

If you don’t want the label of baby momma then don’t have a child (ren) out of wedlock. It’s that simple. And don’t get married if you get caught out there preggars and you want make it look good. The marriage won’t last.

56. Valerie says:

Oh No!
    Popular lifestyle for many tuning in.
    Who is the girl uptop? 😆

Don’t have sex to procreate if you don’t want the drama of the baby mama/daddy drama.
    A solid commitment means everything in a relationship although nothing in life is guaranteed.

• QTip says:

—————–
      Ionna, some people don’t even have that. when all you want is the sex there’s no foundation to begin with. hence the start of the drama if one gets pregnant.why? because some baby mama’s want you for life when it was never the man’s intent to be there in the long run from the jump.

• Ionna says:

—————–
        **********
        So you’re talking about casual sex QTip? That should have been played down along with STD’s and HIV cause those are real. I don’t want a brotha to be BONING me just for the hell of it, then if I end up pregnant he hit the streets and I’m left raising a kid on my own. Oh hell NO! No Thank you!

Ain’t nobody in love no more. Fucking is just a sport for some individuals. That’s why there are so many baby mama’s and daddy’s now.

WoW!!!

No you didn’t say —–>>“Ain’t nobody in love no more. Fucking is just a sport for some individuals” who pissed in your cheerios? Damn!

• AppleBottom says:

“Ain’t nobody in love no more”

Really??? Maybe that’s your reality. I thank God my grandparents have been married for 65+ plus years my parents over 30. It’s about love and structure mentally and emotionally. And you can’t give what you haven’t been given So 😥 Sad

The DEVIL is a LIAR!!!!
    Always distorting and destroying God’s plan for a family structure. Learn how to control your flesh, commit to pray, restraint and integrity and there won’t be drama to contend with!

Well I’ll just be damn!!!!
    I see it’s “on and poppin” up in here 😆

Show ain’t for another 4.5 hours away and already 128 comments and counting.

All the Baby Daddy’s where you at?

61. AppleBottom says:

this is a strong issue and seriously out of control. i see why people wait 5 and 6 years after marriage before having children. to ensure the marriage can withstand the pressures of adding a child to the relationship. then if there is discord those parents remain married until their children are grown b4 they divorce. this new-age baby daddy and mama dram is a disgrace! But a conversation we clearly need to have.

62. PointMen says:

Thank God not every man in america have children out of wedlock but lawd knows that seems to be the case with every other woman. most of my homey’s have baby mama’s and kids and when i see the drama they go thru it’s a real turn off.

tuning in. one hour away, gotta get my question in.

63. UncleEd says:

Another 45 minutes. Tuning in Tra

64. AnnaB says:

Looks like it’s gon be a full house tonight 😆

65. Katman says:

There will always most likely be some kind of drama when it involves a baby mama or baby daddy because they always have issues, be it child support, other relationships, other baby mama’s, interference and in and out of court.

Tuning in to hear where we are going with the topic.

• Harlem says:

Kat,
      Read the post she’s going to address the DRAMA!!! Hello!!

• Katman says:

Kat,
        Read the post she’s going to address the DRAMA!!! Hello!!
        ________
        I’m still curious. Trace ain’t no baby mama so I don’t see her knowing too much on the subject.

• Zion says:

Kat,
        Read the post she’s going to address the DRAMA!!! Hello!!
        ________
        ——————

Really? You’d be surprised, trust me !!

• Katman says:

Really? You’d be surprised, trust me !!
        ________
        GTFOH Trace ain’t got NO babies

• Zion says:

Really? You’d be surprised, trust me !!
        ________
        GTFOH Trace ain’t got NO babies
        ————
        Never said she did!!! But just because she doesn’t..does not mean she’s not seasoned on her subject and in the future don’t ever tell me “To Get The Fuck Outta Here”
        Let me make that clear. Njoy the show.

66. bobby says:

C’mon Tra..7 minutes

67. YES says:

I’m hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Shit!!!!
    That caller was keeping it real. So fucked up when the mama don’t want the kid to have a relationship with the father…so fucked up. I hates bitches like that!!!

69. Al-scream says:

Who was the caller? I felt bad for him 😦

Good show Trace.

That caller was honest as hail!!

Who that is?

That’s just my baby dad
    Who that is?
    That’s just my baby dad
    Who that is?
    That’s just my baby daddy
    Who that is

YO Y’ALL HEARD HIM? THAT CALLER 9X OUTTA 10 YOU DO FUCK THE WRONG PERSON ESP. WHEN YA YOUNG AND DUMB !!

THAT’S WHY I SAY A CONDOM FA LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! 😆

72. Cindy says:

“Control your flesh”

That caller said that things changed after his baby mama had his kids. Sounds like they were both IGNORANT when they got preggars. Sad 😥

73. Dana says:

“Conversations Of A Sistah” Is on the One!!! She addresses issues that effect us all!
    Good show tonight Ms. Bell

Who’s the caller????????????
    Dude spoke the truth. Some baby mama’s love to use the kid in their situations 😦 SMH
    Homeboy said he ain’t fucking his baby mama no more so what’s her issue?

I agree with the caller, we make decisions OUT OF our ignorances and when the kids are the outcome it is then too late. Then you got the drama when you wanna move on and ya baby mama DON’T!!!!!!!!!

76. CorparateBitch says:

Tracy’s best lines of the show tonight”
    ~You Ghetto-ize the term with your actions and behaivor.
    ~Learn how to control your flesh
    ~Get to a common place of peace.
    ~STOP sleeping with your baby’s mama!!!

😆

The show had me in awe!!!

OMG I truly enjoyed the conversation (as usual)

I loved how “that caller” wasn’t afraid to proclaim on the air how he had baby mama drama.

WOO Good show Tra

Brothas stop sleeping with your baby mamas!!!!

Tracy said it!!!!!

• Sane says:

Brothas stop sleeping with your baby mamas!!!!

Tracy said it!!!!!
      ——————-

Yeah she said it 😆 but these Ninja’s gon do what they wanna do anyway. Just like the caller tonight who said he ain’t sleepin with his baby mama. He prolly is….Ninja’s lye just to save face.

• Browngirl says:

Brothas stop sleeping with your baby mamas!!!!

Tracy said it!!!!!
        ——————-

And they do…and the dumb ass vulnerable baby mama believe they have a future 2gether when all he doin is using her. smh got the kid and ain’t gettin nowhere.

Good show tonight. Good show

Show was off the hook!!!!
    Caller was passionate about his situation but I’m just wandering who is it that’s dealing with the court issue? But I like how Tracy said people ghetto-ize their situation with the drama.

I can tell the caller was a homeboy 😆 he sounded cute. I listened to the rewind again today.

I loves me some “Conversations Of A Sistah” 😆 especially when my girl Tra be covering some #REALTALK 101.

The caller said he procreated with someone ignorant and Trace asked him 😆 “what state of mind were you in when you pro-created? were you ignorant?” LMMFAO!!!! she just cut that ninja off!!!

I hate that you only get a half hour for the show. 😦 your show topics be HOT like fire!!!

Lawd have mercy whose baby mama followed her baby daddy’s girlfriend in the parking lot with bleach and pine sol? That is a sad ass damn shame!! Tracy should release some of those ghetto ass emails in this post.