Report: Chris Kelly Used Cocaine, Heroine Combination

May 2, 2013 by The ReadyWriter

8abufg653013

A copy of a police report obtained by gossip website TMZ.com reveals former Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly may have overdosed on a combination of cocaine and heroine.

The police report states that Kelly, 34, may have ingested a cocaine and heroine substance known as a “speedball,” the night before he died.

From US Weekly.com:

According to the report, Kelly’s mother, Donna Kelly Pratt, was the one who called 911 and told police about her son’s drug use. She allegedly told investigators that Kelly had an “extensive history of drug use,” and she had taken him home to recover before he passed out.

Kelly’s mother said in a statement:

“It is with deep sadness that we announce that our beloved Chris Kelly has passed away on May 1. To millions of fans worldwide, he was the trendsetting, backwards pants-wearing one-half of Kris Kross who loved making music. But to us, he was just Chris — the kind, generous and fun-loving life of the party. Though he was only with us a short time, we feel blessed to have been able to share some incredible moments with him. His legacy will live on through his music, and we will forever love him.”

The Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office conducted an autopsy on Kelly today to determine the exact cause of death.

65 thoughts on “Report: Chris Kelly Used Cocaine, Heroine Combination

Damn shame. Now JD says he’s like a son…ok…sure he was JD.

• ionna says:

Damn shame. Now JD says he’s like a son…ok…sure he was JD.
      ***********
      CoSign cause he’s so full of shit!!!

Damn shame. Now JD says he’s like a son…ok…sure he was JD.
        ***********
        JD munchkin ass full of shit!!

Hubby and I were talking about how JD is just like Puffy. Not blaming him for this whatsoever, just saying none of his artists are making music anymore. Rappers nowadays got to be smart and do other avenues aside from rapping. That’s why I don’t understand why Ross didn’t immediately apologize. Getting a check to wear sneakers. Sign me up.

• Anthony says:

Damn shame. Now JD says he’s like a son…ok…sure he was JD.
        ***********
        JD discovered them yeah but did he try to help this kid? Anybody will say anything to get attention at the time, it’s unreal.

• Danny says:

Damn shame. Now JD says he’s like a son…ok…sure he was JD.
        ***********
        Jermaine’s conscious knows the real truth.

• Sane says:

i thought he took drugs because of jermain dupri molesting him.

• Felicia says:

Oh shit @Sane, JD molested him? GTFOH!!!
        Where did u hear that?

• Omar says:

Sane,
        Never heard that before I doubt his mother would allow Jermaine to speak on the family’s behalf if that was true.. Every black man in Atlanta ain’t gay or been molested. I think he turned to drugs when his career started to fade.

You got nosey ass Felicia flippin.

didn’t hear this either but anything’s possible.

• Kayla says:

You know, it’s a trip how all of these “friends” come out of the woodwork AFTER someone dies from drugs. Dupri and everyone else on the label knew Kelly was abusing drugs for years and didn’t put forth any effort to help him. Dupri like many in the music industry is a heartless leech–especially when it comes to kid acts. All they see is money, money, money and enable any type of behavior as long as they milk their cash cows for all they’re worth. Once the cute appeal and novelty wears off, fame and money decline and these kids are dropped like bad habits so they really become dependent on drugs/alcohol until it consumes them. Dupri kept looking forward to his next big act: Bow Wow and not once cared to look back and keep a close relationship with his former proteges. Now he’s all, “Shoulda, woulda, coulda” like they always do. It sickens me. Real friends know what’s going on with you, stick with you and try their damnest to help you.

• annonymous says:

Sad. When I heard of his passing, I thought that it was due to his health issues. I dont think anything is JD’s fault. He said that he didnt know, and who knows how often they spoke before his passing and before the reunion concert. JD is a busy man, and Chris was grown. Too bad no one knew about his issues so that they could intervene..

2. bobby says:

Pray for his family…

This makes me so sad. Dying at 34 is never natural. But I was really hoping this was something other than drugs. So sad.

4. Tammy says:

That is so sad………he was such a baby in that photo, little did anyone know later…

😥 SAD SO SAD

6. Dana says:

😥 I’m tired of folks od’ing!

Well may he rest in peace 😦

:Thankyou: God that I’m just plain CRAZY without the use of drugs.

I feel like I did when I found out the lead singer of HI Five died of a drug overdose. I swear, it just seems so simple to most of us to Just Say No. To look at it from the outside it’s like “you see what it does to others…so why would you do it?” But we can’t fathom what goes through people’s minds when they take that first hit. Gawd this bums me out.

10. Pretty says:

sad to hear this…kinda expected thats what happened R.I.P.

So sad. Ive heard you can get addicted off of one “taste”

Damn… hope he is resting peacefully…

Lil Predator bets to lay off that sizzzurp! This should be another wakeup call. Drugs are a terrible thing! I pray for those that need help getting off of them on today National Prayer Day!

Just plain sad…I personally believe that in the Black Community we look at seeking therapy as being “crazy”….mental and emotional instabilities are considered illnesses (in which need to be professionally treated). Let’s do better y’all. May GOD bring his family peace during these difficult times.

Chile I use to love me some Kriss Kross and still have they damn cassette tape

16. ionna says:

If he was strung out on drugs hopefully he’s at peace now… Watching family struggle with substance abuse is hard so my condolence to his fam..

i know life is hard or whatever, but doing heroine and hard drugs isn’t the business. i’d rather get clowned for talking to a shrink about my issues, than doping up and dying with a tarnished imagine. either way folks gone talk down, so why not take the positive route to a better outlook on things.

Hell I didn’t even know he had a drug problem

• Daisy says:

Hell I didn’t even know he had a drug problem
      ______________

Thinking back, I realize all the years I was hearing he was “sick”…he was probably on drugs.

19. Rona says:

I hate every demon that makes people drug themselves to death. rip

this is sad 😥

Some of the things these child stars see could prolly ruin them for life. Not many make it out the spotlight without some deeply embedded issues.

You never know why people choose to do drugs, hell the addiction could have started out in his sick days from medication you never know. All you can do is pray for addicts, you never know what folks could have been through growing up.

May this young man now rest in peace. I believe many/most drug addicts/alcoholics are very sensitive souls. The ills of the world and pain and suffering of others affects them deeply and they’re not always able to “shake it off.” In this case, add to that the pressure of once being famous and chasing that very fame. Artists are often surrounded by drugs. He tried it and it got hold of his soul. The fact that his mother took him home to “recover” says he had people who cared deeply for him and tried to save his life.

Warm it up Kris!

It is difficult to believe the ‘kid’ was 34 years old already and now dead from an overdose. So many successful young people are being lost to self-indulgence.

Condolences to his family and friends

I’m very sad that no one intervened and got him into rehab.

dizaaaaaaaaaaam this is sad.

28. Pamela says:

Cocaine and heroin that’s a deadly combination.

That’s wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!

30. Cameo says:

JUMP, JUMP, is the best song in the history of the WORLD!!!!

31. CEODawg says:

YO. THIS IS THE REAL ISSUE: OUR BLACK MEN ARE DYING TOO YOUNG. And more & more of our young black men are starting to hit them hard drugs at younger and younger ages. They are losing their inhibitions to it. Before it was like, it just wasn’t cool to be on hard drugs, prescription drugs and painkillers and coke. But now more and more of them are doing them and combining them with their “sizzurp” and weed. I wonder if any of his family or Jermaine Dupri ever tried to get him into some sort of counseling? The black male in this country just seems to be lost and in so much pain.

32. annonymous says:

May his soul RIP!!
    I hope he will now find that peace that he was seeking. I don’t think he ever got over the fact that they were really famous one day and then the next it was all gone. I read it on one of his late interviews..He was gone too soon but will not be forgotten!

I feel like a piece of my childhood is gone!

People turn to drugs for so many different reasons. When did the game change that partying HAD to include drugs? I remember when you would go out to the club, dance until you sweated your hair out and had a drink or two. VERY INNOCENT. Now it’s like if you don’t take coke or a molly, you are considered square.

Drugs are killing our community, it’s taking to many people that had so many dreams and could have accomplished them if only, they didn’t take that first hit.

😥 So sad!!!!
    Ok we need a new post. aren’t we tired of talkin bout this?

• Henrietta says:

Kayla I Cosign the 1st post was sad enough.

Ok we need a new post. aren’t we tired of talkin bout this?
      I know I’m tired of talking about it or being reminded that this boy is gone.

This is so sad!

People deal with so many hard issues in life sometimes it is hard to face them head on, but substances never help. I feel for his mother and family members and friends that have to live without him.

R.I.P.

37. Henrietta says:

may he rest in peace!

A PIECE OF MY GENERATIONS CHILDHOOD DIED TOO!!! THIS IS SAD!! MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE

RIP Mac Daddy. I recall hearing he was sick for years. I guess he has been struggling with drugs for a long time. So sad. It’s so hard for child entertainers to transition into stable adult lives.

40. Katman says:

Damn, what next? Wayne better take heed and stop doing whatever he’s doing before he has his last seizure….

41. AlScream says:

The Mac Dad Will Make You Jump Jump
    Daddy Mac Will Make You Jump Jump
    Kris Kross Will Make You Jump Jump
    R.I. P. Mr.Kelly

This is so sad….RIP Chris!

43. SoldierBoy says:

Whatever happened to smoking just a little bag of weed?

44. SoldierBoy says:

Happy Friday Fam!

45. Yes says:

once they get what they want out off you & your music stop selling you become washed up, hell they don’t care about you , all they care about is money , hell his friends didn’t care or his family , money buys everything these days and once you don’t have it, you don’t have no one but god , even your family will push you aside.