Inebriated Man Who Slapped Biracial Baby On Flight was Fired!!

February 18, 2013 by The ReadyWriter

Man-who-slapped-boy-fired-500x314

A man accused of slapping a crying 2-year-old baby on an Atlanta-bound Delta flight has been fired from his job, CNN.com reports.

Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho, was sitting across the aisle from Jessica Bennett, 33, of Minnesota, when he became belligerent toward Bennett whose 19-month-old son was crying.

The Delta Airlines flight was just minutes from landing at Hartsfield airport on Feb. 8, when the incident occurred.

Bennett said Hundley reeked of alcohol and was verbally abusive toward her when she was unable to calm her son who was crying from the change in cabin pressure.

Hundley allegedly told Bennett to “Shut that nigger baby up, according to an FBI affidavit obtained by CNN.

Jessica-Bennett-400x420Bennett told ABC News that Hundley was so drunk that he “fell onto my face and his mouth moved over to my ear and he said it directly in my ear.”

Bennett said that’s when Hundley slapped the boy’s face, which made the toddler wail even louder.

Bennett’s son Jonah, who is biracial, suffered a scratch under his right eye. She said Jonah was “traumatized” by the incident.

The incident sparked outrage on both sides of the pond Friday. Bennett, pictured above with her husband and below with Jonah, fielded calls for interviews from all over the world.

Hundley denied slapping the child or making racial slurs, after he was detained when the plane landed. He said he was on his way to Atlanta to be with a family member who was diagnosed with cancer. He said he had only one drink on the plane.

AGC Aerospace & Defense, where Hundley was employed, issued a statement on Sunday:

“Reports of the recent behavior of one of our business unit executives while on personal travel are offensive and disturbing,” said a statement from AGC Aerospace & Defense. “We have taken this matter very seriously and worked diligently to examine it since learning of the matter on Friday afternoon.

“As of Sunday, the executive is no longer employed with the company.”

101 thoughts on “Inebriated Man Who Slapped Biracial Baby On Flight was Fired!!

😦 I would be in jail

2. AlScream says:

Couldn’t have been me!
    I woulda beat da shit outta ole dude!!

3. Floridagirl says:

That plane would have been rocking!

4. Floridagirl says:

Morning y’all.

This stupid fukkah looks like he’s a 1/2 an hour away from retirement! Someone give this cat a walmart app 😆

Big Dummie!

———————————————–
      He’s been fired from his job as a result.

———————————————–

• Zion says:

His termination makes no sense to me. He wasn’t on company time.
        ~~~~~~~
        His employer doesn’t want to be involved or entangled with the legal ramifications that will follow this incident. They also want to show the world they don’t condone the man’s behavior. and when you are employed with any type of government and/or federal agency/job you will get fired once you get arrested.

• 2Thick4U says:

@NICOLE . .
        I thought it said in the Statement he WAS On company business :think:

@Nicol…some companies have a code of ethics. Especially when you’re an executive representing your company. You can get fired if you’re acting ratchett on your own time.

• Tammy says:

===
        Great point! Not that I agree, but this could get interesting :yes:

• Felicia says:

Nicole says: That’s probably why they fired him. His termination makes no sense to me. He wasn’t on company time.

*************************

doesn’t matter if it’s an “at will” state. whether on his personal time or not, he can’t be repping my company or managing my people if he is a racist baby batterer.

Good he was fired. What type of psycho slaps a baby? His mother handled that super well because if thats was my child it would’ve taken some NATO peace keepers to remove my foot from his azz..

I heard the story and thought what kind of black mother let that go down. Then I saw the mom and said, Oh, that’s why he did it. I would have effed old dude up. Period. SMH

Good MorniNG Ceo’ers!!! :shakebutt:
    FIRED!

My mugshot would be posted right next to his, had he slap my child. Why though does this mugshot remind me of that “Jerry Sandusky”

Fa real? Dude slapping other folk kids :blink:

I heard about this on the GMA this morning…..

The mother repeated everything the man said to her…..I mean everything….

Anywho, I’m glad he was fired….that’ll show him….

12. Cameo says:

I heard the story and thought what kind of black mother let that go down. Then I saw the mom and said, Oh, that’s why he did it. I would have fucked old dude up. Period. SMH

• Coco says:

———————–
      What does that have to do with anything? SMH.. So you saying a Black mother woulda showed her ass? And what would that change? Nothing… Man gtfoh with that bs..

• 2Thick4U says:

———————–
        Can’t speak for other black mothers but I know I would of fucked him up had he touched my child.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

———————–
        wanting to fuck him up would be a natural reaction IMO.

• Zenna says:

———————–
        wanting to fuck him up would be a natural reaction IMO.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ole ass man had a lotta nerve!

14. Tammy says:

Oh hell naw!!!!
    I would have been rumbling all over that plane if he had slapped my baby!

Fucked that!
    I would have bit that motherfuckers face off and went to work boxing that face into a pancake 😥

He would have been knocked out the moment he touched me period.

what sucks is she can’t really sue nobody for this situation. Now if a flight attendant knocked the baby out then she would have some moolah coming her way

• Zion says:

~~~~~
      She can sue. Her lawsuit can be served against Delta airlines. Both she and the perp purchased a ticket. The incident happened on their airline. Trust me there are several open holes a lawyer can garner to file a lawsuit on the mother and child’s behalf.

• WandaB says:

******************
        Mm really she can… because the crew should not have served him any more alcohol, normally one doesn’t get that drunk from one drink. He should have been cut off long time ago.

• Omar says:

Zion, it’s not Delta’s fault he slapped her kid, so come on. She can’t sue his company because they’re claiming it was a personal trip, yet they fired him (pr I’m sure, linked to the company). We’ll see. I’m no lawyer, but on the surface, I dont see a case against the ole man. She can sue him personally, but then what?

Dude need his ass whipped.

they gonna stop serving liquor on planes because of situations like this.

20. WandaB says:

He would not have had time to hit my baby cuz as soon as he leaned into my face with his stank breath, i would have mushed his ass.

This Mr.Rogers looking mofuka should get dack slap in jail how dare he slapp a womans child!! :no: The dam nerve!!

so who is black or biracial the mom? must be his daddy.

Was he sitting by the window? I woulda beat his old azz!!

24. Pointman says:

Dude would a been FUCKED UP point. blank. period!

Which is why Black women are stereotyped as loud, belligerent, and angry… Quick to react and cause a scene… :no: I understand defending your child b/c that’s your job, but you don’t have to act a fool and fight ignorance w/ignorance.. Take his ass downtown fight him in the courtroom…

Just my opinion, I must not be the typical Black woman… they need to take away my Black card I guess.. idk.

Nobody said you have to act a fool but trust and understand if a grown person puts their hands on mine I’m not gonna silently sit back and say security….I’m gonna put some paws on em to bring that situation to an immediate hault. Hell this dude just slapped the baby once he could’ve went full on crazy and started really giving the baby the business so should one sit there and watch their child be beat so they won’t look ignorant? Child Boo……

Glad he got fired! A lot of companies have “behavior” policies for their executives…sometimes the policy is never used, I’m glad this wasn’t the case. He wasn’t that drunk…he saw a white person with a black baby and thought it was cool to say what he did….he forgot that this wasn’t Idaho and we’re no longer in the 1960′s..smh.

27. SoldierBoy says:

I would have SNAPPED point blank period ::

Fired?? That haggard looks like he should be retired… And this would be a different outcome if my family was on board… call it what you want but they woulda thought snakes were on the plane

I would have beat his ASS on that flight!

That would have been that old man’s azz.

For some reason, I just don’t believe this story. Did something happen? Probably. I mean I’m black and I can’t rush to judgment on this. Sounds like she’s been coached to set up a major pay day to me.

First off I would love to see this played out in court because there are MULTIPLE witnesses from the flight that back everything the moms said, So he is really reaching. I dnt have any kids but i did take my 14 month old cuzing from ATL to OR on Delta……She is cute as a button but acted a dayum fool and the only thing that calmed her was walkn the aisle, she was so scared the whole flight, all i could do was apologize to the person i was sitting next to and be grateful for the flight attendants that kicked it to try n distract her. From that day on I emphasize w/ anyone I see traveling w/ a baby, IT IS WORK. He is too cute, that old man needs to be ASHAMED of himself.

33. SueWee says:

Ole ass Bastid!~

Put this fool under da jail…

Im off today! 🙂

35. Yes says:

white man lost his damn mind.

how do you sit on a plane and allow this old ass geezer slap yo baby and remain calm w/o going off on him. smh. 🙂 I would have beat the AARP out his ass.

She’s good. Had that been the father and son alone, or the father with the family on the plane, this never would’ve happened, especially striking that kid. No way. He would have recognized the man being present and sat the fuck back.

Women definitely get treated differently or screamed and yelled at. There aren’t many men who have these type stories to tell cuz it hasn’t/doesn’t happen to men. Men get a different kind of respect.

—————————————————–
      Yeah Omar, I agree had a man been on that flight with her the non-sense would not have gone down the way it did.

is the man senile? this story is crazy.

This story is unbelievable and the fact that the mother stood by w/o reacting is very noble of her. couldn’t’ve been me. black woman or white I would fucked him up had he hit my child and called him a nigger.

If he had slapped my kid, I would be the one going to jail. seriously!!!~

Anger issues lead to unemployment issues. That should be the headline.

42. Slickrick says:

Any other mother (a black mother too) would have handed the baby to the person next to her slipped off her high heels and ear rings and beat the shit out of him!!! Ole ass Thomas Jefferson looking motherfucker!

43. AppleBottom says:

THIS STOOPID ASS OLD FUCK!!!!
    I HOPE SHE SUES THE SHIT OUTTA HIM.

44. Xmen says:

Dude old as hail!
    looks like he was there when Jesus said: “Let there be light”
    I would of sent his ass back to Jesus too had he hit mine.

PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN CRAZY.
    THIS MAN NEEDED SOMEBODY TO LAY HANDS ON HIM.