“Conversations Of A Sistah” is Back!!!!

January 15, 2013 by The ReadyWriter

C

And we’re back with a vengeance…Happy New Year CEO Readers!!!

Conversations Of A Sistah” is back on “Conversations Live” beginning this Wednesday January 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM. I hope you’ll join me as I discuss the history, the format and the base of my show, which was and is derived from my book, “Conversations Of A Sistah” subtitle, “The Truth And The Myth About Praying For A Mate.”

For those of you who have read my story, you know that I deal with and address many topics and real issues. Our goal is to capture that same essence with the show. Most of my “show topics” and guest in 2012, highlighted several mentions and everyday issues we may deal with on a regular basis. In 2013, I hope to go deeper into the core of what’s to come.

Conversations Of A Sistah” is not a one-way conversation; I will always engage my audience of readers and listeners to chime in on my subjects as well. in addition this platform is not “for women only” either, we welcome and invite our gentlemen listeners/readers to participate too.

This year will be a milestone year for the book as it turns ten (10) years old in June, so to help me kick off the New Year of the show’s return; I invite you to send me your questions regarding the book or any of the subjects mentioned within. I also invite you to tell me what topics you would like me to “talk” about this year. You can send me your emails by emailing the show at conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com.

Tune in this Wednesday on my new night, same time (8:00 PM), as we kick off this year with more of the conversations, you’ll love to hear.

You can access the show here… “Conversation Of A Sistah” on Conversations Live. Or from any of the links in this post. Can’t wait to meet you on the air.   🙂

171 thoughts on ““Conversations Of A Sistah” is Back!!!!

Yay!
    Welcome back Tra!

2. Yes says:

ok this is a loaded post. cus niggas gone ask trace all the personal shit from her bk in 5,4,3,2 and go!!!

3. AlScream says:

who got those draws is all I wanna know.

I got scared there for a minute…I was wondering when you were going to talk about the show. read your book over the holiday and I wanna ask you a couple of questions. so to avoid being attacked here from my fellow bloggers I’ll email u offline as directed ms. bell

Hey Tracy!!!! I missed u…it’s been a long 4 weeks.

Excited about the show.

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole? 🙂

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole?
      ~~~~~~
      How did I know you would ask her that? I hope she answers this for you too. Dayum!!

• BigBoy says:

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole?
        ________
        Trace ain’t messin with none of them dry niggaz from her book. you wastin ur time with this question.

• QTip says:

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole?
        ________
        and here we go.

• Daisy says:

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole?
        ________

• I REALLY HOPE WE’LL GET THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION I SWEAR FOR FELICIA’S SAKE ANYWAY!
        ~~~~~~
        For my sake too 🙂 Hell I wanna know.

• Slickrick says:

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole?
        ________
        I know damn well she’ll ignore this question.

• Pointman says:

Just have one question 4ya: who’s the man in your life and is it Cole? 🙂
        ******
        She might not have a man but she let us all know it damn sure ain’t Cole Felicia. GET OVER IT!!!!!

welcome back Tracy. can’t wait to hear the show.

Tracy your writing style in the book was unique. I esp. like how you captured the different conversations with caption, what made you choose this format is my question?

you curse and quote scriptures in your book, isn’t this hypocritical as a Christian? or are you not one anymore?? Justaskin#

• QueenC says:

oh grow up. it’s a whole lotta so-called Christians who curse.

oh grow up. it’s a whole lotta so-called Christians who curse.
        **********
        COSIGN @ Queen, I just think Tracy had the GUTTS to keep it real!~

• Angelhair says:

I just think Tracy had the GUTTS to keep it real!~
        ————————————————————-
        Keisha, I think she still could-a kept it real by refraining from the curse words. just my .2cents

• Shawnia says:

——————
        @Angelhair, everybody don’t say “Oh fiddle sticks!!!” when somebody bring them to the level of bitterness and anger…And if I had a whole bunch of stooped bitches hatin on me because of a man ain’t no telling what would come out of my mouth either!

• Zenna says:

——————
        I could relate to how she felt you apparently didn’t make that connection huh?

“sit yo gullible ass down annie mae”

Chile Please!

Hypocrisy is the biggest format for most CHURCH FOLK but see it would of been hypocrisy if Tracy had NOT spoken her mind (by using choice words) because it is IN-HUMAN IMO, to be hurt and disgusted w/o showing some form of anger.

• Ebony says:

————————————

I agree Yvonne

———
        Chile please my grand mama was the holiest woman I know and she use to curse, quote scripture and cook collard greens all in one breathe,

• Rezzie says:

———
        Her words were foul YES but it showed how sincere her character was when her spirit was broken..As women we handle anger differently I’d rather be cursed out that shot up.

Praise God!

where’s vol II?? is marriage imminent or what?

Tracy, how has your relationships grown since the book? and who’s the man in your life now?

11. SoldierBoy says:

Trace you basically left a nigga @ the altar. LMMFAO just wondering how that shit turned out? was you ever bitter @ 1 point behind dat shit? do you regret not marrying that nigga or what? I mean how many conversations can a Sistah have??

12. BigBoy says:

tra r u gonna talk about r date in your next book? erbody should know imo

tra r u gonna talk about r date in your next book? erbody should know imo
      ———
      oh god you’re back n still off your meds. god help us.

tra r u gonna talk about r date in your next book? erbody should know imo
        ———
        so you the man in Tra’s life? GTFOHWTBS!!!! 🙂 LOL I see somebody got jokes

• Adam says:

tra r u gonna talk about r date in your next book? erbody should know imo
        ———
        LOL 🙂 He full a shit!!!!!!!!!!

Loved your book Tracy and glad you’ll be back on the air this week.
    My question is, are you over the hurt? And have you moved on with a vol2?

Tracy I remember your book like I read it yesterday.
    Can’t wait to hear the show. 🙂 emailing my question off line thou.

I rolled out the bed when I saw this blog alert… 🙂

I have several questions:

1. did u ever go back to that church?
    2. did u ever run into any of dem bitches from there?
    3. whatever happened to ur relationship w/Cole? is he still around?

will there be a conversations2???

glad yur back tra,
    question: would u have done anything different?

Ah sit now y’all. what can I ask her and hope she’ll shout me out on the air? I gotta think about this one.

Ooh so the bullshit begins here. 🙂 where did your title come from Tracy?

Morning y’all

Mm……..a chance to get all up in Tracy’s bittness. No sir. Welcome back Tracy was missing you and i can’t wait to hear that voice tomorrow night on the air. Yea I’m tuning in.

Tra it’s time to bring these conversations up to date gurl!!!
    will there be a VOL2 or what?

I have no questions for you really ms. bell. I did miss you n the show. If anything has changed since the publication of your story by all means update us. if not there’s nothing for me to ask. I’ll leave it to your other nosey ass readers tp ask 🙂 LOL

who’s ya man trace? are u able to trust again after the bullshit? thats it.

who’s ya man trace? are u able to trust again after the bullshit? thats it.
      ~~~~~~~~
      I can almost gaurentee you Tracy won’t answer that question. a good business woman will never maul over her love life. especially if there’s no future with the man. they only share outcomes not prep shows.

I see Ms. Tracy Bell’s love life is the top question thus far? It’s pathetic! Having a man will neva define a woman. What I wanna know is, what’s next on Tracy’s business agenda period? When’s the next book? Whatz good in her life? Stuff like that.

And she’s back!!!!!!!! 🙂

love the show and most of us know how it came about but i’m tuning in to here the questions cus i know some of y’all gon ask her some stoopid shit!

any new projects trace?

27. Zion says:

can’t wait to hear what’s in store with this show 🙂

29. annonymous says:

the blog queen’s back and now we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Tracy Marriage/kids? anything?

hey tracy, i wanna know what’s in the making now? have you changed your hairstyle since this famous picture cover? how come a brotha can’t get an updated pic? 🙂

32. 2thick4you says:

I’ll be “FRONT & CENTER” when you rock that “Conversations Live” MIC 2morrow night. How’s Cyrus Webb doing? Will he be the next brotha highlighted in “Conversations Of A Sistah” VOl II?? I think y’all would be “1” powerful couple. Another JayZ and Beyonce, another Kanye and Kim…Another Michelle and Barack 🙂 LMAO Whoa!!! I crack myself up!!!!!

33. CDawg says:

sending my question to you tracy offline. and yes READ it and answer it on your show. you have my permission.

Question 1. How have you grown since the book and has your experience left you bitter?

Question 2. Do you regret praying for a mate and has that experience changed your conversations and beliefs?

Question 3. 10 years later, would you have done anything different now?

Hi Tray Welcome back!

Can’t wait to tune into your new night at 8:00 tomorrow.

My question is, can you define sistah? my gf’s and i were having a discussion and we seem to differ on your title reference and intent. Thank U 🙂

• Tammy says:

can you define sistah?
      ****************************
      You know @Brown, I was wondering the same thing, when you hear sistah you tend to think of black women cause it sounds urban.

36. Tammy says:

Tracy, are the letters in your book authentic?

37. wanda says:

Cole was 2003 I’m guessing he’s not 2013? Cause if hasn’t married you over the course of 10 yrs. i can’t imagine you’d still be with him?

• Felicia says:

—————
      Wanda, Tracy met Cole in 1995, it was 10 years for them in 2005 which means this year 2013, would mark 18 years of history for them

• Cameo1 says:

—————
        ____________________________________________

Would y’all please stop guessing dat shit! Trace ain’t wit dat nigga after 18 years and he ain’t put a ring on it GTFOH she prolly dropped his ass after 3 years. Ain’t he gay anyway?

• lexyjay2010 says:

~~~~~~~~~
        LMAO!!! KEEP HOPE ALIVE @FELICIA

• XMen says:

—————
        Y’all need to QUIT cus that Cole nigga is GHOST

Trace do you still believe in love n marriage?

39. Mrs. says:

what’s your perspective on this issue? does having a man or being married prove you have moved on or have gotten over somebody or something?

• society would have you believe that if you’re not married or you don’t have a man you haven’t moved on from a past hurt or dissappiontment. I know lots of people who have moved on physically (have somebody else) but still carry that hurt or disappiontment mentally and emotionally.

~~~~~
      I CoSign Mrs…Men do this often to mask their hurt. They use gettin another woman to TRY and make it look like they’ve moved on.

• Applebottom says:

~~~~~
        Men and women both front to mask their hurt.

• lexyjay2010 says:

~~~~~
        THAT’S WHY I SAY AND I’LL SAY IT TO THE DAY I DIE!!! AIN’T NO FUTURE IN FRONTING.

40. Ok so this is going to be hot topic I see.

Let me get my popcorn, sit back and observe.

I have but only one question::: where the fuck is cole?

41. Applebottom says:

How exciting!

Sending my question for the show by email. some of you ceo’ers are too nosey for me 🙂

We missed you Tracy!

43. annonymous says:

haven’t read Ms. bell’s book. so I will def. check out this show tomorrow.

well it’s about time you got back!
    I’m glad you have his platform to talk about your book. For the first time we will hear you talk about your book on your own terms without someone else controlling the mic.

Tracy gurl I was LOST without you. 🙂

I’ll send you my questions offline.

46. lexyjay2010 says:

Go!
    Go!
    Go!
    Go Tracy!
    Go Tracy!
    Go Tracy!
    When I get my thoughts 2gether I’ll send you my questions for the show. then tune in tonight and come back to comment.

Can’t wait! 🙂 missed you!

48. Floridagirl says:

I thought this day would neva get her. finally!
    sending you my questions offline Tra

I need o read the book. I gotta buy it 1st.
    shame on me thou. 😦

50. Manup says:

trace do you trust men after your experience? that’s all I wanna know.

Ooh I have several questions I need to send tracy offline about her book.

Trace my gurl!

53. suewee says:

Tracy I loved your book and my daughters did as well. My question is are you still on the HS committee promoting abstinence in the school district? I thought that was a great idea and was wondering if it was an ongoing thing??

My question to Ms. Blog Queen Bell: Have you stayed true to your convictions?

Trace you were missed 🙂 Hope you had a good holiday.

Who U spent your holidays wit? That Cyrus Webb dude down in the ATL?

What U get for Xmas? Did you get Big’s gift?

I wanna ask U some thangs so Uma holla offline!!

@Tracy, How did you start your book CONVERSATIONS?

57. annonymous says:

on your website http://www.truthandmyth.com is that web-page “the talk” real? I mean did those people really say those things about your book?

58. Ebonyeyes says:

Conversations Of A Sistah is back in just 1 hour!!!!
    I’m so damn excited

It must take courage to share your story with the world and yours was so gripping…how do you feel about that? Is my question.

60. Pointman says:

Dang looks like I missed the party.
    Trace I’ll be tuned in I’ll be picturing your full lips talk that talk on the air. 🙂

61. Slickrick says:

Do ya thing Trace. Welcome back!!!

62. Cameo says:

Didn’t I tell y’all that nigga Cole was HISTORY!!!!!!!
    LMMFAO!!!!!!

• RandomChick says:

Didn’t I tell y’all that nigga Cole was HISTORY!!!!!!!
      LMMFAO!!!!!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      History ain’t the word sounds like she cut him way off! Wow

• Sane says:

Didn’t I tell y’all that nigga Cole was HISTORY!!!!!!!
        LMMFAO!!!!!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        Trace made it sound like that nigga lost at sea n shit w/o a search light!!!!

Tracy damn that was one COLD answer to that question!!
    Shit!!! you talk like Cole was thrown WAYYYY under the bus!!! 🙂

Ok it’s gone be a funeral up in here tonight…where Felicia? I hope she heard tonight’s show???? 🙂

Thank you Tracy for putting the long awaited Cole question to R.I.P.!!!!

66. Katman says:

I’m taking a poll, how many of y’all asked the Cole question, get front n center right now Got damn it!!!!! Felicia you better be the 1st one under me too.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“COLE NO LONGER EXIST – YOU WILL NOT READ ABOUT COLE IN VOL2”

68. Tammy says:

lets get something straight trace set some shit str8 tonight.

69. UncleEd says:

good show ms. bell…thank you for clearing up the Cole controversy

OMG Tracy you are something else…you didn’t justify using curse words in your book but I understand.

71. annonymous says:

Morning.

Thought Tracy’s show was hot!! She opened up with the same song that’s on her website http://www.truthandmyth.com I was like “aw shit now” you go gurl!!!! 🙂

That song is by the roots and it is a hot song.

Here’s what you want right
        Here’s what you need right
        We got to give you more
        Of what you’re lookin for

So it’s a secret that’s been pent up inside for years
        Exclusive type, only for your eyes and ears
        You held it in for so long you bursted into tears
        The letters spilled slowly across the page like a world premiere
        Well I ain’t, the bullshit begins here
        The obvious cause, the effects is unclear
        The punishment for crimes of the heart could be severe
        Though to keep it on the low is a heavy cross to bear
        You deep now, submerged with no signs of air
        Still your sunken heart thumpin like the kick in a snare
        While on the surface it’s all turnin to a circus
        That’s why you’re nervous, and you got a right to be
        Cause if somebody woulda done that shit to me
        I mean my best man hittin my wife-to-be
        My sentiments exactly would be history
        Y’know what I’m sayin my peoples in the place let’s hit it off one two

[CHORUS]

Yo, it’s like nothin changed, it’s all the same thang
        The same characters in a book, with different names
        It’s a lot more to lose than you got to gain
        You a lot more confused than hip to the game
        The peep the script of the game the price is pain
        Men and women get into things, now who’s to blame?
        When everybody whisperin bout whatever took place
        And how the fact twist a knot with a straight face
        And lies, hard to swallow from the bitter taste
        Well that’s a point in the past that can’t be erased
        So motivate, though it’s hard to let it ride
        Or set aside true feelings, underhand dealings
        Our lost trust, I wonder if we lost us
        It’s bigger than me and you, it’s monstrous
        So I’ma, just calm down and try to relax
        Before I clap ??

[CHORUS]

If you could only flash back and undo our actions
        Change what happens, dissect the fractions
        A time to rewind and be recorded absent
        For real cause these memories is photographic
        Pornographic, pushing me close to madness
        Head heavy like I’m trippin on tablets
        Yesterday as I recall was all fabulous I thought so
        But now it feel like shots hittin my torso
        Spent a lotta time and trust in the wrong place
        Fought a lotta fights rollin with the wrong ace
        Love, stronger than pride, we could end disgrace
        I need, room the think, and space to ventilate
        Was solid as a rock, shall not disintegrate
        Thoughts racing like the lunatics on the interstate
        For real, ya, it’s ill, ya, my peoples in the place….

[CHORUS (repeat to end, with Black Thought adlibbing)]

• Zenna says:

yes ladies that song IS THE JAM!!!!!

• alscream says:

I just wished she woulda played the whole damn song!! That opening beat was a tease.

72. Nessa says:

Heard the show for the 1st time last night and was really impressed. I wanna hear the 2nd show next week before I get the book “Conversations Of A Sistah”

“Sistah as opposed to sister” why?? because I’m not a NUN….
    Tracy Bell on “Conversations Of A Sistah” last night = Priceless 🙂

• alscream says:

Zenna that was priceless!!! I was like, OH Shit she a trip….

• Angelhair says:

what about how she TRIED to justify her cursing in the book as if to say God knew she was gonna curse b4 she even wrote the words. Yeah ok Tracy whateva works for you.

• 2Thick says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        what about how you need to GET OVER IT!!! because she’s the AUTHOR of the book and you’re NOT!! I’m sure you’ve HEARD and USED many of the choice words mentioned in her book so stop acting like you got virgin ears

• Lexy says:

Chile please! @Angelhair, stop acting like you ain’t never heard curse words b4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        I heard the show and she wasn’t trying to justify a damn thing!! All she did was answer a question pertaining to her book. You sound a little salty with blog queen. What’s the matter @Angel you envy the smell of her success. Hatin azz heifer!!!

• bobby says:

thank you starr! lol!

To those of U who loved the character in Tracy’s book “COLE” I serve notice to you that “ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING” 🙂 LOL Please believe me. But in case you don’t DRINK a recap of last night’s show.

Pinky,
      Cole initially died and fell off before the book even went to print. Now ask me how I know 🙂 where’s Felicia???

75. yes says:

One of questions somebody asked Tracy was:: how could a brotha learn from your experience? “If you have love, honesty, integrity and trust without the games, then you’re ready to move toward marriage” –> which means this is the OPPOSITE of how knee-grows treated her – SMH – They didn’t know her value, how sad 😦

• Kayla says:

I also like her scenerio about TRUST. if she closes her eyes and fall back, she expect her man to CATCH her, that’s how DEEP their trust have to be…I thought that was an excellent scenerio. My man better have my back like that.

76. suewee says:

i’d take a bible tottin sass mouth bitch over a fake ass christian ho any day!
    keep doin you tra

i’d take a bible tottin sass mouth bitch over a fake ass christian ho any day!
      keep doin you tra
      ————————-
      You better PREACH SUE!!!!

• Pointman says:

i’d take a bible tottin sass mouth bitch over a fake ass christian ho any day!
        keep doin you tra
        ————————-
        Christian women are the 1st ones in da club and the 1st ones droppin they draws when the lights go out. then be hollering the loudest come Sunday morning. trace keeps it real 24/7 365…she da real deal.

77. keisha says:

Good show Tracy, ain’t no other way to keep it but real.

78. Pointman says:

Damn Felicia ain’t been back since Tracy let the world know Cole was D.O.A. Dayum!!! She took that shit to heart.

Tracy I was digging your first show.