Tonite on “Conversations Of A Sistah” What does the color PINK mean to you?

October 24, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and since its inception more than 25 years ago, it has been at the forefront of promoting awareness of breast cancer that has evolved on a national dialogue. And although many great strides have been made in breast cancer awareness and treatment, there remains much to be accomplished.

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever.

In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Susan G. Komen is the boldest community fueling the best science and making the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. Thanks to events like the Komen Race for the Cure, we have invested almost $2 billion to fulfill our promise, working to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world through ground-breaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 50 countries.

So what does the color pink mean for you? The pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness. Pink ribbons, and the color pink in general, identify the wearer or promoter with the breast cancer brand and express moral support for women with breast cancer. Pink ribbons are most commonly seen during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

But for those women who are survivors or live with the scars of breast cancer daily, they have to live way beyond the month of October.

Join me Thursday at 8:00 PM live on “Conversations Of A Sistah” on “Conversations Live” as we acknowledge breast cancer awareness, where my guest will be; the Rev. Mable Grier (pictured right above), who is a wife, minister, mother of four beautiful adult daughters, grandmother and breast cancer survivor six years now.

Rev. Grier is the associate pastor at her church, active in her community and abroad; and is not ashamed to share her powerful testimony as a survivor and overcomer of breast cancer. When you hear her compelling voyage, you will know, why she lives by faith!!!

Be encouraged by the story she’ll share, tune in Thursday as Rev. Grier join me on the air!!!

You can access the show at either of the highlighted links above or by clicking here!

163 thoughts on “Tonite on “Conversations Of A Sistah” What does the color PINK mean to you?

I was waiting for the show announcement.
    Is the guest hispanic @Tra…she looks hispanic.

Good Morning

I like the pink back ground and pink reference. the color pink is girly but it is the symbol for breast cancer awareness. get tested ladies get tested.

is this a show for women ONLY or what?

Tunning in just to hear this women’s story. she’s very, very pretty. wonder how old she is?

• Yes says:

wonder how old she is?
      ***********************
      Why does that even matter and how is her age even relevant? SMDH

ok. maybe i need to tune in with some women. i don’t think this one’s for the brothas.

6. can’t wait to hear her story.
    fellas get ya wives, ya mothers, sisters and aunts to hear this show.

very pretty lady. very pretty.

I like to comment after the show.

This minister look hispanic. can’t wait to hear her accent. if she’ll sound spanish. Mm…curious.

perfect topic.

oh yeah ms. bell blog queen, i like the pink background. it looks a lil pepto-bismal ish but i like it…

10. Applebottom says:

My mom is a breast cancer survivor. it’s been about a year now.
    i think we all know someone who’s had breast cancer., so spread the word people about this show.

11. man says:

this woman is beautiful and she shole don’t look like nobody’s grand mama to me and that’s fa damn sure!

she’s gorjus!!!
    lookin forward to the show ms. bell 😉

13. Tammy says:

I look forward to hearing her story Tracy!

i’ll be listening of course. had my mamagram yesterday 🙂

i like this show topic already and know somehow she will inspire us.

I’m sure Mrs. Grier’s story will be heart warming.

God bless her. this woman look good.

18. alscream says:

where’s erbody at? Trace I don’t know about this show it’s for women not men. so …..

• Coco says:

Trace I don’t know about this show it’s for women not men
      ——-
      Did you hear what I said @Al. “If you love the women in your life ceo gentlemen, tune into the show and share. Just because it’s a woman’s issue doesn’t mean it does not effect us all.”

• Mrs. says:

Trace I don’t know about this show it’s for women not men
        ——-
        Al, men can develop breast cancer too. I know a man who did. luckily it was treated and not that serious so everyone should be listening in tomorrow night. even just to support tracy and to hear her special guest’ story if nothing else.

• bigboy says:

breast cancer is NOT a woman’s issue but a HUMAN issue. hell yeah I support this show and will be listening.

• Katman says:

~~~~~
        Kneegrow who you tryna impress? Trace? GTFOH tryna be all proper and what not.

• Joanne says:

On your show tomorrow, please ask your guest positive questions (no not telling you how to conduct your show) but I’m hoping it’s a bit different and upbeat a show that I can be happy about
        ********************
        You don’t know Tracy very well and TRUST ME she’s not one to be the “life of a pitty party” Boo

20. bigboy says:

look how good tra look. 🙂 i love that picture of her yall. i actually love her.

🙂 this will be an important show. i prefer to comment afterwards thou.

22. Katman says:

wonder if there’s a number where i can HOLLA @ Ms. Grier. 🙂 yeah she fyne

23. 2Thick says:

i was thinkin today was thursday. either way i’ll be tuned in.

So what does the color pink mean for you?

Dear Tracy
    Thanks for asking I think this is a good question. I see everyone says they’re tuning into the show tomorrow but nobody answered the question.

I have to admit that I get a bit “pinked out” particularly in October. I understand that millions of people have done a tremendous job at promoting breast cancer awareness but I kind of hate when October comes because this subject and its advertisement stay in in ya face.

You my girl and i know you gon do your thing 🙂

Again, thanks for asking.

********************
      Darn @ Nicole, you could have taken this comment offline to Tracy. her email for the show is conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com

• Omar says:

sounds to me like Nicole wanna be the co producer n shit.

• Natasha says:

********************
        Nicole, that’s what anyone would think that the conversation is going to be negative considering the subject but I doubt it…Can’t wait to hear how Tracy will spin it which is why I’m always eager to TUNE IN !!!!

• Angelhair says:

***************
        Nicole, I COSIGN!!!! No subject about “breast cancer” or any kind of sickness awareness will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This topic scares me so i even hate when the month of october is here…I don’t know if i’m going to tune in.

• BrownGirl says:

********************
        What da hell do yall expect to hear? there are several clues in that post which suggest the show will be a positive one:

1. breast cancer survivor six years now.
        2. When you hear her compelling voyage, you will know, why she lives by faith!!!

Stop being paranoid and negative. The show will bless us all I’m sure

• Ebony says:

I’m hoping it’s a bit different and upbeat a show that I can be happy about
        ————
        I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Tammy says:

I think some a yall need to re-read the post. you already have the wrong attitude about the show.

I cosign Nicole: No one wants to discuss the second leading killer amongst women.

• Sane says:

STOP thinking negative!!!

• Pinky says:

I’m hoping it’s a bit different and upbeat a show that I can be happy about
        ————
        i agree

So what does the color pink mean for you?

The colors been made famous by susan g. koman…we all know that!!!

when I see “PINK” I think of “Susan G. Komen for the Cure” especially in October.

So what does the color pink mean for you? –> BE ENCOURAGED!

28. Ebony says:

So what does the color pink mean for you?

Ok Tra since you asked: I’m so sick of seeing pink, pink, pink. Even the pizza places are using pink boxes. I went shopping the other day and was offered a 20% off coupon for a donation. No thank you. Turn on the TV and football players have pink on, TV announcers have pink on, every other commericial is pink, pink, pink. Enough already. We get it !!!

29. Cindy says:

not a popular subject but I digress and will listen in.

not a popular subject
      **********************
      No it’s not a popular subject but’s it’s needed maybe this rev. will share something that we all need to know.

yes it’s breast cancer awareness month and eveywhere you turn you hear about it. i’ll tune in to hear this woman’s story tho.

So what does the color pink mean for you?

Ok I have been holding my breath all day since I read your post Tra….

I ain’t tryna be rude but to be honest I’m tired of the pink campaign !!! enough …little pink everything…that’s what it means to me i’m tired of the over hype about it.

32. FloridaGurl says:

Everyone has a story.
    Both my mother and sister are breast cancer survivors as well as 2 co-workers, therefore i can’t wait to hear rev. Grier’s.

Well, here’s my honest feelings, I feel resentful when I go into the grocery store, I try not to go into it too often in October, our Stores are full of Pink, Pink, Pink, Pink everywhere. T-shirts, grocery bags, crepe paper, ribbons, wrist bands, the list goes on… one is assailed with Pink in October. Pink on almost all the groceries being sold.

34. SueWee says:

Thank you Traci…I have been wanting to say this for a long time. I fuckin hate the pink and I’m a breast cancer survivor….there!!!! I feel better now. Oh yeah, I buy NO pink stuff even beyon october. I don’t like the way it has become so commercialized. Can’t wait to hear the Rev tomorrow night.

Hey, Traci.

I do have to admit that I have to grit my teeth in October. I do love all my friends who have struggled with breast cancer, but I sure wish people knew that women do get other types of cancer.

I will be tuned in tomorrow!

*hugs*

this rev is beautiful. i wanna hear her story too.

Oh I 4got to answer the question: So what does the color pink mean for you?

It takes a brave, bold and bad ass man to wear pink! and I do

can’t wait to hear rev. grier’s testimony.

Its rude to ask what nationality someone is?

40. ionna says:

Tracy’s shows have been good so far why not trust her on this subject now.

tuning in to support all my ceo ladies 🙂

In a perfect world this would NOT be a subject but unfortunately this world is not perfect. But I do want to hear every word on this topic tomorrow night. 🙂

I’m tuned in on this.

Thank you Tracy for covering this. It’s personal for many people i’m sure. Emailing you off line.

Good morning everyone,
    looking forward to tonights show.

i will support the show tonight even if i can’t relate.

47. CDawg says:

im one black man who love black woman. i will comment after i hear this sistah on tracys show tonight. breast cancer is advanced with cures in early stages and i know she will share something positive with us tonight.

My girlfriend is a breast cancer survivor “thank God” and she is a living testiment that anything is possible with God. looking forward to tonight’s show.

it’s like what a brotha gon say about this. going back to lurk.

• Soldier1 says:

it’s like what a brotha gon say about this. going back to lurk.
      ________
      See I felt the same way Donte. I mean uma listen to the show tonight and all and prolly comment on the guest but…other than that. i can’t relate. i don’t know any women dealing with this.

Tonight’s the night 🙂 waving @ everybody.
    Will post my .2cents after the show.

just 8 hrs and 46 minutes till show time. 🙂

New post up about Jam Jam master jay.

New post up about Jam Jam master jay.
      ————————————————
      Yep but she still left this one top notch *licks tongue*

• XMen says:

New post up about Jam Jam master jay.
        ————————————————
        Yep but she still left this one top notch *licks tongue*
        _________________________________________

thats ok, she still gave us what we wanted *sticks up middle finger*

aight trace get it together you got 45 minutes b4 you’re on.

Did yall HEAR HER????????? She said: Her survival was about having FAITH!!!!!!!!!!

I shedded a tear!!!

She was good.

NOW FAITH IS!!!!!

REV GRIER CAME IN THE DOOR WITH THE LORD!!!!!!!!

JESUS KEEP THAT WOMAN…BLESS HER I SENSE THE HUMBLENESS IN HER BLOG QUEEN WAS TALKIN BOUT!!!

SHE WAS GOOD!

I’M SPEECHLESS

SHE WAS GOOD.

rev. grier surprised me. she took me off gaurd. she said: “she ain’t havin no pity parties cause she got a life to live” wow. i was in tears listening to her.

see and some of you thought the show was gonna be a DOWNER!!! But ya listened and was blessed. 🙂 See….see how God did ya.

tracy you are using your show as a positive platform and i love that!

I must hear her again!!!!!

good show ms. bell. good show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This woman told it like it T.I…IS…..It was in God’s hand. and did she not sound happy????? and she said she feel so much better now. wow that show was so upbeat!!!!

61. YES says:

that woman is into jesus deep. god bless her because she really hung onto her faith.

SHE SAID THE COLOR PINK FOR HER MEANS LIFE!!!!!!!

I’M DONE….THAT BLEW ME WAY AWAY!!!!!

ONE SINGLE WORD “LIFE” AND FOR ME THE INTERVIEW COULD-A BEEN OVA THEN!!!!!

THIS WOMAN WAS BAD!!!

TRA WHERE DA HELL YOU GETTIN THESE PEOPLE FROM???

I LIKE HER….SHE WAS VERY ENCOURAGING.

64. FloridaGurl says:

I enjoyed the Reverend… 🙂 she fell a couple-a minutes short of me taking up an offering in here../// ….I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. she preached!!! oh yes she did.

• Daisy says:

I enjoyed the Reverend… she fell a couple-a minutes short of me taking up an offering in here..///
      ————————

🙂 HELLO!
      felt the same way. that woman was so mild mannered but to the point. she did preach her faith tho. 😉 God bless her!

Now Faith is!!!!!!!!

Rev. Grier was powerful. Tra I keep messin with you and these damn shows after while you gon have me sittin up in somebody’s chuch come sunday moanin.

I GOT ONE THING TO SAY!!! TRACE PLEASE..PLEASE …. DON’T GIVE NONE OF THESE HEIFERS THAT WOMAN’S # I DON’T CARE WHAT SHE SAID…DON’T DO IT !!!

• yes says:

—————————-

LMMFAO!!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Acquitta says:

—————————-
        I doubt she will, it would have to be a life/death situation for that to happen

• Anthony says:

—————————-
        when she said for trace to “give them her number”, i was like “NOOOOOOO” trace can’t do that especially when its some brothers here who want those diggets too.

• Acquitta says:

**************
        She’s MARRIED you nasty fool!!!

67. ionna says:

WHEN SHE SAID PINK MEANS LIFE FOR HER MY MOUTH DROPPED!

hearing this woman had me soooo convicted. if she is a six yr. survivor who am i to detest the color pink when for her it means life. I had to ask God to forgive me for that comment earlier.

• bobby says:

Mmmmmmmmm Hmm.

• Zenna says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      she said she told the doctor ‘I have a life to live’ that was deep. cause most of us wouldn’t think of it like that.

her testimony was powerful and most importantly she had the right kind of attitude.

she was soft spoken, humble and so sweet.

may god continue to bless this woman because i know she blessed alot of us tonight.

awesome interview…she was good. get tested ladies…get tested!

71. UncleEd says:

Tracy Rev. Grier was great!!!! She was the perfect recipe for this topic. I fell in love with her contagious spirit of positivity. and god bless her for the faith that she has had throughout this ordeal !!!!!! sheesh ….in the end she gave credit to God!!!! wow. great show.

God is blessing this woman. she was really good.

morning fam.
    rev. grier made a choice…she said “she had a life to live!!!!” when she said that i knew she was a woman living by faith.

Rev. Grier gave a good interview. Me personally was NOT ready for this woman. She came in like.. I have no time for the pity parties but when she said the color pink for her means “LIFE” I felt the damn MIC drop and the devil leave the building. Rev. Grier was “ON POINT” ladies. If you got nothing else from what she said something’s very wrong with you!!!!

• Shawnia says:

Yes Starr Preach!!!!!!

Cosign!!!!!!!!

Rev. Grier encouraged some sistahs last night!!!! and if you weren’t encouraged somethings wrong. Listen to it again.

If you got nothing else from what she said something’s very wrong with you!!!!
        cosign….i heard what she said about eating fried foods in moderation, i know i heard that.

yeah to much of anything NOT good!!!

• 2Thick says:

———————-
        Cosign!!!! That woman was so down to earth !!!

Rev. Grier was off da chain. gave a brotha alot to think about. i shared the show with my moms. keep up the good work Tra

ya’ll should listen to the show again: the song at the end of Tracy’s interview is so appropiate for the topic. the song is “Living Proof” by MJB

It’s gonna be a long long journey
    It’s gonna be enough hill climb
    It’s gonna be though
    It’s gonna be some lonely nights
    But I am ready to carry on
    I am so glad the worst is over
    I can start living now
    I feel like I can do anything
    And finally I am not afraid to breath
    Anything you said to me
    And everything you do
    You can’t deny the truth
    Cause I am the living proof
    So many thoughts fight
    They just can’t make it through
    But look at me
    I am the living proof
    Oh yes I am

Thinking about life been painful
    Yes it was
    Took a lot to learn how to smile
    So now I am gonna talk to my people about the storm
    Oh so glad the worst is over
    I can start flying now
    My best days are in front of me
    I am almost there
    Cause now I am free
    Everything you say to me
    And everything you do
    You can’t deny the truth
    Cause I am the living proof
    So many those who fight
    They just can’t make it through
    But look at me
    I am the living proof

i missed part of tra’s show. will listen again over the weekend.

78. Anonymous says:

good show.
    rev..grier had a real good attitude i was surprised by her encouraging message.

79. Cindy says:

loved the interview. just listened again with my girlfriends.