October 17, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

For decades and ever since I can remember, light skin people have always been considered inferior, beautiful, fine or better looking than dark skin people. It’s a sick twisted fallible that some believe to be true because of a certain complexion. Be it light skin or dark skin., this might be “one’s” preference.

This color thing, light skin blacks verses dark skin blacks, originated in slavery. The man, the master separated the light skin slaves from the dark skin slaves, even having his light skin slaves working in-house in his mansion, while the dark skin slaves labored in his fields. The masters considered light skin blacks closer to white and easily acceptable.

So how did such self-hatred seep into the black culture? Slave masters ignited it when they separated their light skin house slaves from their dark skin field slaves. The dark skin slaves working in the field hated the light skin slaves working in the masters house. The light skin slaves were supposedly treated better, secretly worshipped and somewhat accepted. Why? Because that slave master was raping that black slave to begin with, which produced the light skin outcome from the slave masters seed.

So be sure to tune-in Thursday October 18th at 8:00 PM to “Conversations Of A Sistah” on “Conversations Live” and find out if you’re color struck or have that light skin verses dark skin mentality and I’ll break it down for you and tell you why??? Or email us at conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com

And you can’t judge me, my skin is fair, tune in on this subject by joining me on the air!!

207 thoughts on “Tonite on “Conversations Of A Sistah” Are You Color Struck? Light skin Vs. Dark skin

Oh this gon be good.

• RandomChick says:

Oh this gon be good.
      ————————-
      yes she had a pretty good show. 😉 I love how she used Michelle Obama as the perfect example.

• Adam says:

I love how she used Michelle Obama as the perfect example.

the 1st lady was just ONE example tracy mentioned last night there are so many beautiful dark skin black women out here and i see them everyday.

2. SueWee says:

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
      ——————
      any kinda talk about slavery tend to make people take notice bcuz you don’t want to be reminded of the struggle. but what Tracy is sayin is true slave masters planted that seed of hatred and discord between ls and ds black people..

• alscream says:

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
        ——————
        cause the truth hurt

• Daisy says:

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
        ——————
        Only if they have they issues in the skin they’re in. This is a topic that needs to be addressed. I think it’s not addressed enuff.

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
        ——————
        It is touchy especially if you were scared or hurt as a child about the whole light skin dark skin trauma.

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
        ——————
        THIS TOPIC WILL BE TOUCHY IF 2 THINGS: YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH IT OR YOU DEALING WITH IT. EITHER WAY IT IS GOING TO BE ADDRESSED!

• RandomChick says:

some folk is gonna find this topic touchy Tra.
        ——————
        i found it touchy at 1st but i like how she spinned it.

“This color thing, light skin blacks verses dark skin blacks, originated in slavery. The man, the master separated the light skin slaves from the dark skin slaves, even having his light skin slaves working in-house in his mansion, while the dark skin slaves labored in his fields. The masters considered light skin blacks closer to white and easily acceptable”

SAD but True. and some “LSLH” females are stuck up and some of em even THINK they all that. Mm Hm livin with that slave mentality.

Black people are diversified and one black color ain’t no better than the other, IDC what some women think.

The “blacker the berry” the sweeter the juice !!

• BrownGirl says:

The “blacker the berry” the sweeter the juice !!
      ******************
      HOLLA 🙂 LOL

• Natasha says:

The “blacker the berry” the sweeter the juice !!
        ******************
        Donte, I read the novel “The Blacker the Berry” which documents racial and sexual self-consciousness that attempts to confront the “universal perversity” of prejudice. (regarding colorism, caste and classism) it’s a real good book

• Cameo1 says:

The “blacker the berry” the sweeter the juice !!
        ******************
        Yes Lawd!

• Pointman says:

The “blacker the berry” the sweeter the juice !!
        ******************
        FA SURE !!!!

As far as LS men, they been played out.

• FloridaGirl says:

As far as LS men, they been played out.
      ———————————
      dont date light skin men and YES they played out to me anayway.

• keisha says:

As far as LS men, they been played out.
        ———————————
        damn a man’s skin color, it’s about how he gonna treat cha. a dawg comes in many shades and colors so I don’t allow myself to get caught up in the BS of the skin logistics you just might MISS the best thing that ever happened to you.

• Mrs. says:

As far as LS men, they been played out.
        ———————————
        I’m LMAO 🙂 because my hubby is LS and he is not played out well at least not yet. but when you experience true love all that LS/DS bullshit roll right out the window. and I thank God for my good LS man and our daughters.

And don’t get me wrong I think DS men are just as attractive but I did not fall in love with a DS man is all I’m saying.

As far as LS men, they been played out.
        ———————————
        My father ain’t 🙂

7. alscream says:

to think that light skin people are better looking than dark skin people is fucked up but some people do. sad to say.

8. sane says:

“Light Skinned Blacks” are simply ‘Mixed-Race’ people who are from families that BOTH BECAME AND CONTINUALLY-REMAINED Mixed-Race
    THROUGHOUT their multiple generations. When blacks and white or any other nationality mix together you get mixed races.

9. sane says:

Morning Fam.

Trace this is definately true. I know some sistas who be trying to bleach their skin to be lighter. Isn’t that sick? when IMO black women are beautiful in all colors and shades.

Light skin black women will always think they the shit as long as our men put them ahead and above dark skin women.

Damn I’m guilty again…Tracy seems to be calling out my issues with these topics 🙂 I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
    #Dontjudgeme

• keisha says:

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
      *****************
      yes well this is your own ignorance and prejudice

• Applebottom says:

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
        *****************
        @Anthony, Ignorance is unattractive and you date women based on their skin tone then you’re as ignorant as they come.

• BrownGirl says:

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
        *****************
        2 eaches own Anthony.

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
        *****************
        Ladies, why are you all even concerning yourselves over what this fool said he prefers in a woman’s skin tone. Who cares…just take comfort in knowing that a dark skin woman somewhere rejected his ass that’s all!

• Kayla says:

Ladies,
        there is one thing i’ve learned in this lifetime u can’t argue with a fool and his mentality. so i would leave mr. anthony thinking to himself on this subject.

• Danny says:

Wow racism will never go away just like stereotypes or being discriminated on and nor will the fact that light skinned complexioned is seen as more acceptable amongst African Americans than the dark skin.

Sadly but the more african- like your features are that is a broader nose or fuller lips etc. ( im not saying all dark people are like this but this is the original features that African Americans inherits) whereas the lightskinned person features are more finer such as straighter nose or longer hair (this is not always the case) but becuz their skin is lighter due to a white persons gene in their family line just like Trace said their ancestor being raped by a slave master. but this is why light skin women are often seen as better or good-looking or supposedly more desirable to men by society.

Dark women are beautiful but being dark they very much often experience disgust and are looked down upon not just by the light skin people of their own race but by their own dark men and white people-it is so for Anthony to say what he said what just whacked!!!

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
        *****************
        what is the obsession with THESE “Self hating” black men??

• Lexy says:

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
        *****************
        SEE @ANTHONY YOU MAKE MY CASE AND POINT. SEE MY COMMENT DOWNSTAIRS…I’M A DARK SKIN CHICK AND DON’T COLOR CODE FOR DICK!!! I LOVE BASED ON QUALITY NOT SKIN TONE BOO. THAT TYPE OF NARROW-MINDEDNESS WILL HAVE YOU MISS THE REAL THING.

• CDawg says:

Ladies, some men have not reached the maturity level of knowing quality vs. substance. that’s it!!! you can’t argue it.

I will only date red bone women. so what’s wrong with that?
      *****************
      It’s juvenile IMO..If a man is only hooking up with a woman simply becuz of skin tone or skin complexion then she is just as shallow as he is and you deserve each other.

Tracy I applaud you for shedding light on this issue. I think it is so important that we love and carry ourselves with respect despite the negative images and stereotypes perpetuated of people of darker hues.

Can’t wait for the show.

14. Ebony says:

The media plays a big part in how we feel about ourselves everyone draws empowerment from seeing people like them on television actually doing something successful. But this light skin/dark skin thing is sad.

This will be another hot topic. and the seperation between LS blacks vs. dark skin blacks is sick but a big deal in the south.

any man who does not appreciate the beauty of the black woman in every shade is lost in the same slave masters mentality. black women are beautiful in every color.

seriously y’all theres 2 sha’quanda’s in my class one is ds and one of em is ls. and they refer to them as the LS sha’quanda or the dark skin sha’quanda. #realtalk

18. yes says:

The root of this problem can be traced right back to good, ole Willie Lynch.

19. 2Thick says:

deep deep deep deep topic. because some dark skin women have a problem with the fact that they’re dark skin. they feel insecure when standing up against a light skin chick. bottom line is you have to be secure with you and if you werent taught that then it’s a LOST cause.

20. FloridaGirl says:

Beauty damn shole aint bout bein high yella (as my grandmama would say). and bein high yella don’t make another sista prettier or better lookin than me either. can’t wait to hear what tra will say on her show about this.

21. keisha says:

It’s annoying to have anyone classify you as a black woman on any level. But when I started examining this idiotic phrase Light Skin and dark Skin, I realized that is was another “learned” ignorant trait passed throughout our culture. It’s so very sad but a real stark reality.

Tunin in to the show to hear where Blog Queen is going to take the topic.

22. Applebottom says:

Thank you Blog Queen for this topic because it’s obvious that there is a racial divide amongst black people. I see our black men settle for less attractive less amicable light skin and even white women all the time. And the sad and sick part about that shit is, they look at you all proud with their white women on their arm like they have arrived and shit!

All I am saying is complexion nor color makes one person more attractive than the other. Black is beautiful!! Point – Blank – Period!!!

“For decades and ever since I can remember, light skin people have always been considered inferior, beautiful, fine or better looking than dark skin people. It’s a sick twisted fallible that some believe to be true because of a certain complexion. Be it light skin or dark skin., this might be “one’s” preference.”

I think most of the reason why some dark skin black women feel inferior to light skin black women is because the DS black woman think that’s what PULL the man or draw the man to them, the LIGHT skin tone. and this may very well be true but why is it my problem if a black man prefer a white or light skin black woman? If that’s his sick preference then he’s the one missing out.

Black men who prefer “WHITE or LIGHT” Skin women:
    *Tiger Woods
    *Michael Jordan
    *Cuba Gooding
    *Kobe Bryant
    *Seal
    *Taye Diggs
    *Rapper Ice T
    *Bryant Gumbel
    *Tiki Barbara
    *Harry Belafonte
    *James Earl Jones
    *Montel Williams
    *Randy Jackson (American Idol)
    *Sidney Poitier

25. man says:

Light skin women can’t help it because they’re the much preferred species to the black man or any man. y’all dark skin sistas need to chauk it up for the team and get over it!!!

• BrownGirl says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Man, your ignorant comment are the reasons for topics like this.

• Natasha says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Man, your ignorant comment are the reasons for topics like this.
        **************
        Cosign BrownGirl but some men have Man's Jim Crowe mentality -#Realtalk

• 2Thick says:

Light skin women can’t help it because they’re the much preferred species to the black man or any man y’all dark skin sistas need to chauk it up for the team and get over it!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Chauk what up for the team Man? You sound like a damn fool. Sistas are proud of their skin tones regardless of ediotic comments like this. Real men love real women for more than their skin color and not the superficial mentality of their skin tone!!

• Felicia says:

__________
        Man, you speak for ‘1’ becuz what you’re saying is not true…None of the fyne men in my family have NOT gone for, dated or have married any red bone women. so what your saying is not true. Stop being a rebel rouzer.

• Rezzie says:

__________
        And you@Man, need to STOP being a crowd rouser with your stoopid comment. No one color is EVER better or subservient to the other

Well, Tracy I hate to agree with you on this subject but it’s true… I have met a lot of people who think they are better looking because they are light skin.

And sadly to say, alot of people are colored struck and don’t even realize it which is even more sad. I have older people in my family who are very colored struck.

Both of my grandmothers were colored struck. they use to give money and the best of everything to their light skin grand-chirren while ignoring the “darkies” as we were called…until the people in my family put a stop to it.

This kind of prejudice can really mess you up as a child. But I thank God for Jesus who loves me and my “dark skin ass” in spite of.

I need to email you offline Ms. Blog Queen.

Reading some of these comments and this is really crazy because it shouldn’t matter what your skin tone is and to differentiate is sick!!

Bad enough you deal with prejudices outside your own race but then deal with it amongst your own is just sick!

I hear you on this one tracey! you made some real good and valid points in this post. can’t wait to hear the show.

Well I’m light skin and proud of it and i am “the cats meow” most men dark men especially wanna BED me. and yes we are the preferred women and having long hair with our light skin is def. a plus!!

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.

• Kayla says:

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.
      *********************
      Angelhair, you are sick if you equate men wanting to fuck you because of your skin color and NOT what you have to offer which can’t be much if you deem whatz betwixt your legs superior to your being as a female. sad 😦 for you.

• 2Thick says:

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.
        *********************
        If your light skin-ness along with a peice of azz is all you have to offer Angelhair, then that explains why your comments are as empty as your self-worth.

• Mrs. says:

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.
        *********************
        Boo pleaz see a psychiatrist as soon as possble esp. if you think men wanna go to bed with you becuz you’re light skin. you have no idea how stoopid you sound! SMH

• Acquitta says:

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.
        *********************
        Boo chile BYE!!!
        When you can fuck a skin color please let us know cause last i knew dick n pussy was all the same when it was just a fuck neva about one’s color dummy

• Rezzie says:

Uma tune into Tracy’s show and listen in for the hate.
        *********************
        You need to be DELIVERED from YOUR OWN SELF!!!! Quick, fast and in a hurry!!!!! Please RUN (don’t walk) to the nearest altar!!!!! Then tune in to the show

30. Mrs. says:

Tracy you hit the nail on the head with where this light skin vs. dark skin bull crap originated in slave quarters. our ancestors faced it and unfortunately it is still a challenge for our young people today.

My daughters and i will be tuned in. this is an excellent subject.

🙂 Tuning in tomorrow nite.

Another hot topic this week. I’ll be tuning in to hear Ms. Tra blow up this one. Now let me scroll up to see what cha’ll sayin bout it.

33. bigboy says:

I’m readin some of these comments and gettin sick. Gabrielle Union is a gorgeous dark skinned black woman, Tracy aka Blog Queen is a golden skin complexion. Its not the skin tone that makes a person beautiful. Its the whole package brains n all.

Yeah this dark Skin vs. Light Skin exist but I love women, despite their color. As long as a lady presents herself like a LADY and not like a big-mouth, yelling, bad attitude having something or another, her skin color won’t sway me one way or another. It’s the simple things about a woman, like the curve of her lips, her inset waist line, the spring in her step, that makes her attractive. Not all this other bullshit!

35. HevLord says:

Hmf good subject Sis

i’ll be tuned in tra

37. Cindy says:

Morning all 🙂

I’m glad President Obama did what he had to do last night after the first debate. Romney got caught in a full fledged lie and when given the opportunity to make it right stood flat footed in it. Anyone who was TRULY UNDECIDED and listened last night learned who the best candidate for them was. Also, that uppercut at the end with the 47% GENIUS.

In my family it never mattered to me. My father was very light, and my mother is chocolate, so I came out kinda in the middle. I have family of all shades, and I love them all, I could care less about the shade of skin. I’m still tuning into the show tho.

i like/love dark brown skinned women. Lawd!!

40. KatMan says:

Dang, facial features don’t count anymore.
    Just because you’re light doesn’t mean you’re hot
    Beautiful women come in all shades

41. Marky says:

any color is beautiful

42. Pat says:

I see people not color

43. UnpredictableMe says:

sadly the different treatment is by our own people

THE ONLY REASON WE HAVE LIGHT SKIN AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK PEOPLS IS ‘1’ THEY WERE BEING RAPED BY THEIR SLAVE MASTERS

• Coco says:

THE ONLY REASON WE HAVE LIGHT SKIN AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK PEOPLS IS ’1′ THEY WERE BEING RAPED BY THEIR SLAVE MASTERS
      ___________________________________

Yes Bird, Tracy said that in her post.

45. YES says:

Black men debating about BLACK WOMEN, black men preferring LIGHT SKIN BLACK WOMEN and BLACK SELF HATRED!

Guess it all equals up to light skin vs. dark skin.

I know this show is going to go deep. Just the slavery reference of TRUTH alone is enough to have you thinking about this LS and DS mentality. and this type of self hatred is mostly plaguing our black men.

Awesome topic and a hot one.

Coming back after the show.

WHATS INTERESTING IS, I THINK THIS WHOLE LIGHT SKIN VS. DARK SKIN ISSUE IN OUR RACE IS THE BIGGEST AMONGST ‘SOME BLACK MEN’ PLEASE NOTICE I SAID “SOME” SO DON’T COME FOR ME CEO BROTHAS.

I always comment after the show. this topic is going to be “damn good” too I can already tell.

50. CDawg says:

While I know this is a preference amongst men, black men especially black women for me are beautiful creatures in every color(caucasian women too) but I take my coffee BLACK!!!! I do understand that based on experience this has made some of our dark sistas insecure.

I like this topic Trace chose for tonight. Her show is so interesting and above all I just LOVE listening to her. So it;s a bet that I’ll be tuned in!

great topic. i’ll comment aftre the show!

Mm this is one heavy subject since it use to be an issue amongst black women and men. I noticed Tracy said last week when her show ended “I hope it’s still not today” we’ll see. Can’t wait.

Tracy You BETTER GO GIRL!!!!
    I like this topic and will be on the air at 8:00

I hate facebook but see 33 facebook shares. wow.

55. zion says:

Beauty is always skin deep and color does not fit that equation. Unfortunately some people feel differently. Of course I’m tuining in because I’m curious to hear what Ms. Bell is going to say on the subject. 😉

will tune in tonite ta hear trace do the damn thing.

Oh and 4therecord…i don’t have a skin tone or color preference that i like in women. if you str8, have a good head on your shoulders and morally decent then we can talk otherwise nasty heifers come in any, every and all colors.

I remember somebody sayin to me once: “you real pretty to be a dark skin girl” and I was like … WTF!!!!

Thank God color don’t define me. I’m too grounded. 🙂

auntie mildred was gangsta I’m LMMFAO at the YELLOWJACK reference for you LIGHT SKIN NIGGAS

The dedication to her aunt was sweet.
    Good show.

Get it tra….on Michelle Obama that was ON POINT cause main stream america did talk about her.

The show was good. 🙂 Damn auntie Mildred God bless her.

63. UncleEd says:

Tracy how nice of you to honor your auntie Mildred like that in this show. Yellow jack is helluva funny 🙂

show was personal for me because all my life I was discriminated against.

• cameo says:

Mahogany discriminated against how? At one point weren’t we all???

• Mahogany says:

Mahogany discriminated against how? At one point weren’t we all???
        —————–
        Cameo, IDK and cant speak 4nobody else. alls i know is LSLH females work their looks to their advantage with what they want. while the DS sistas are overlooked or put on the back burner. and i know what that feels like.

• Cameo1 says:

Mahogany discriminated against how? At one point weren’t we all???
        —————–
        _______________
        Mahagony, you have to change your way of thinkin cause ain’t nobody better than the next IDC what your skin tones are.

Racism is alive and real amongst our culture.
    I loved the show. Tracy keep it so real and I love that about the show.

show was one sided…the light skin people didn’t/couldn’t tell their side of the story.
    kinda pissed me off.

I loved the Michelle Obama mention….OMG Ms. Bell got off tonight!!!
    Loved the show!!!

68. SoldierOne says:

good show.
    I like when Tra mentioned Michelle Obama and auntie Mildred and that damn yellow jack!!!!!

aw man the show was good….blog queen said “she like the dark skin niggas y’all …..DAYUM that shit was priceless.

• SoldierOne says:

I noticed she said that…“she like the dark skin niggas y’all …..DAYUM that shit was priceless.” …But I ain’t mad at her cuase I can change her mind. I’m a bad ass !!!

YELLOW JACK !!!!!!!

🙂

PRICELESS!!!!!!

May God REST auntie Mildred’s soul….I like how Tra dedicated this show to her. Oh that touched my heart.

72. Cindy says:

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy, ->> You had a damn good show girl!!!!!

great show blog queen …I admire you.

great show Ms. Blog Queen Bell.

Oh man when she said her aunt called light skinned people “yellow jacks” I died laughing!!!! that was too funny!!!!! esp. when she was talking about a damn bee.

Tracy represented our first lady Michelle Obama well 🙂 loved that!!!!

77. BigBoy says:

yellow jack was too funny.

78. Pointman says:

YELLOW JACK !!!!!

WOW !!!!

I LOVED HER SHOW…

79. cameo says:

When trace said her aunt called light skin people yella jacks I almost pissed in my damn pants

• Applebottom says:

*****************************************
      I had never heard that term used b4. 🙂 I couldn’t believe my ears Cameo. But that was funny.

80. Applebottom says:

Morning people.
    Did you all enjoy Tracy’s show last night?

• 2Thick says:

Happy Friday Applebottom,
      Show was off the hook interesting…the skin tone crazyness will 4ever be an issue in the black community (I’m bout to starts somethin) and yea some “yellow jacks” are stuck up

• Coco says:

morning ladies,

I’m a YELLOW JACK and don’t take offense becuz like she said not all LS people demonstrate a stuck up personality

• CDawg says:

Morning Ladies: The LS vs. DS issue is crazy!
        Black women come in all shades and they’re beautiful.

I like cause Trace showcases a positive side to any issue. Show was good.

• Zenna says:

morning everyone.

good show last night…some people don’t believe the reason LS people are mixed is because their ancestors were raped by slave owners. I mean c’mon it’s obvious. my GF had kids by a white man and her kids are light bright so of course the races were mixed during slavery.

• Felicia says:

Morning…like how Ms. Tracy said “Michelle Obama has taken the national stage by storm with her black beauty-ness.” 🙂 all awhile white racist america tried to talk about her. 10 thumbs UP for that!!!!!!!

MornTing!
        Any “yellow jacks” in the house this moanin 🙂

• XMen says:

Sup Ceo Fam:
        last night’s show was off the chain.

now we all know trace like the “dark skin” brothas. she look like the “i like wesley snipes” type.

• Rezzie says:

OK SO WE ALL HEARD THE SHOW. HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY READ PSALM 139?

• ionnawynn says:

Morning everybody.

@Zenna, races were mixed when black slaves were raped. any1 who says otherwise wanna deny the truth.

last night’s show was excellent even if it seemed one sided. i hope we all at least got the point. *rolls eyes*

• Kayla says:

“like how Ms. Tracy said “Michelle Obama has taken the national stage by storm with her black beauty-ness.” all awhile white racist america tried to talk about her. 10 thumbs UP for that!!!!!!!”

Cosign Felicia.

“last night’s show was excellent even if it seemed one sided. i hope we all at least got the point.”

Cosign Ionna

good morning y’all.

• keisha says:

morning everyone.
        tracy’s shows are really good and whats this?? her 5th one. i’m neither LS or DS i’m a nice caramel brown 🙂 but i think for people who are intimdated with the color thing a re evalution is strongly needed. i like the dialogues we have on these subjects tho cuz they r so therapeutic.

• Acquitta says:

Morning. I see the conversation abt last nites show started early.

Good Friday morning everyone.

“OK SO WE ALL HEARD THE SHOW. HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY READ PSALM 139?”

Rezzie, I did and was blessed for it.!

• Joanne says:

good morning. glad to see so many enjoyed the show.

Morning Fam ~
        To all my Yellow Jacks Holla!!!

Morning everyone

Coco, I can see why she gravated to DS side of her show topic LS people are already favored in society. so tracy focused on the the negative depiction of DS people.

LS people have always been favored, kid n play had a LS BB game once. there was this big LS party somewhere being advertised and Yes rappers do favor LS half naked women in their videos. it;s obvious so i ain’t mad at her for taking the convo one sided if that’s what she did.

• BBallen says:

“the show was a bit one sided but not harsh on the other side either. i think Tracy chose the dark skin part of the convo becuz mayb she heard the most from those individuals.”

Tracy sided with the DS kneegrows becaus they the ‘down-trotten’ ones. LS kneegrows have been favored since birth.

*Gina on “Martin” Light skin while her side kick pam was Dark. Most leadin ladies have been LS…so it’s time that the dark skin sistas shine

• QueenC says:

LMAO 🙂 @ “Down-trotten”

• Shawnia says:

BBallen, I agree that although Gina was Martin’s LS leading lady the real star was Pam. But I beg to differ on your “down trotten” reference to the DS 🙂 cause I ain’t near ray no way down trotten bro.

Now say it with me CEO People — “Black is beautiful; all shades, shapes, sizes and sexes. Period.”

And there’s the benediction. *pass the plate* *applause*

Great show last night.

• Rezzie says:

@NICOLE AT LEAST YOU READ IT.

• Daisy says:

happy friday fam.

and remember “we were fearfully and wonderfully made”

• Ebony says:

Hey to all my Ceo Yellow-Jacks and Yellow Jackettes LOL 🙂

• Danny says:

LOL @ some of these comments.

Tra had a good show last night.

We need a new post so we change the subject though.

Tracy said last night, “I dare you to read Psalm 139.”

Psalm 139:14 reads; “I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works, and my soul knows very well.”

Awesome show! Thank you Ms. Tracy. It’s like I learn something new every week. 🙂

It’s all about perception and if you are influenced by perceptions of beauty and think that the only people of a lighter skin tone are beautiful than you’re lost. perceptions of beauty are what you are taught.

83. Tammy says:

Good show last nite.
    I think if we as women have to find it within to not focus on what complexion we are; that type of self-esteem and confidence will reflect in our personal lives bottom line.

Conversations last night was great!
    Tracy kept askin are these issues (LS Vs. DS) still an issue in 2012 unfortunately for SOME it is.

I thought “Conversations Of A Sistah” show was interesting, while I definitely fall into the darker range of black skin complexions, this has never been an issue for me (thank God).

I think allowing others to tell US what we should look like and what we should find beautiful is unacceptable.

And the “Michelle Obama” case an point..Awedsome! cause our 1st lady is bad!

• RandomChick says:

************
      shawnia i wish i could say the same. it has gotten better since i’ve gotten older but last night’s topic hit home. when you see LS all the time in mainstream media and america you begin to doubt how you look and when michelle obama, gabrielle union, megan good and kerry washington came on the scene the game started to change. look at angie stone she is talented and beautiful yet we keep seein beyone’s LS no talented ass erwhere.

• Daisy says:

************
        me neither @shawnia – i knows who i am and to whom i belong! 🙂

• Shawnia says:

************
        me neither @shawnia – i knows who i am and to whom i belong!
        ~~~~~~~~
        AMEN~

86. suewee says:

It turns my stomach to hear a black person talk about how black another person is. My cousin turned my stomach last month when she was talking about giving birth to her daughter several years ago and she was worried that her daughter was going to be too dark… hence my cousin and the baby’s daddy is blacker than the ace of spade….

LOL @ “hence my cousin and the baby’s daddy is blacker than the ace of spade….

all dark people want LS babies didn’t you know?

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS, AS LONG AS YOU KNOW GOD AND LIVING ACCORDING TO HIS WILL YOU ARE ACCEPTABLE TO HIM AND IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW LIGHT OR DARK YOU ARE ..WE ARE HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE.(ACTS 10:24,25)

88. annonymous says:

Is skin color is still an issue in 2012, SMFH!!!!!

89. Pointman says:

good show last night.
    don’t think it was one sided for those who think that. I think Tracy focused on the dark skin side of her topic because maybe those were the emails and questions she rec’de prior to the show. did any of you ever think of that?

I have no complaints about last night’s show and SO WHAT if it was ONE SIDED! she layed out the truth – point.blank.period.

Peace!