“Self-Absorbed Individuals” Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

October 10, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Do you know anyone who is so totally into themselves? So much so, that they’re annoyingly self-absorbed? Their entire conversation is all about “me, me, me, me, me” and it’s to the point that you try to avoid all conversation and contact with them. Now there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself but it’s all about loving and accepting who you are, feeling secure about yourself and having a high self-esteem.

Are you self-absorbed? To some extent, most of us can be self-absorbed at particular times in our lives, to a lesser or greater extents. In many cases, we learn that it doesn’t get us the sense of fulfillment we’re seeking. However, by staying self-absorbed all of the time, you risk alienating many people, becoming narcissistic and only ever putting yourself first. Is this happening to you or someone you know?

Join me this Thursday October 11, 20128:00 PM on “Conversations Of A Sistah” as I address this topic.

And as usual the conversations are always continuing here but we welcome your emails on this topic at: conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com

You can access the show at the link —-> here!!! – and I’ll meet “you all” on the air!!!

Note: The women pictured in this post, were chosen randomly and are not my guest on tommorrow’s nights show. Thank you for your emails.

199 thoughts on ““Self-Absorbed Individuals” Tonight on “Conversations Of A Sistah”

Whoa who dese naked heifers uptop? LOL I never know what i’ma see when i log in. this blog gets more shocking by the day.

self absorbed people usually are insecure.

morning

3. sane says:

self absorbed niggas can suck the life out yo ass if you let em. i was messin wit a chick like that and er week the bitch had an issue and ertime i saw her she looked different. she was constantly fuckin wit herself. i had to dump her ass cuz she had me thinking my ass was crazy.

4. adrianepage says:

OMG good topic! Self-absorbed people suck the energy out of you by always wanting to be the center of attention. Ugh!

side note to tracy: who the naked bitches uptop??

• yes says:

side note to tracy: who the naked bitches uptop??
      ————————————————————
      wassup wit the gutt on the one to the right? that belly kinda buldging…SMH

side note to tracy: who the naked bitches uptop??
        ————————————————————
        wassup wit the gutt on the one to the right? that belly kinda
        **************
        IDK them ain’t my sisters?

5. alscream says:

Damnit Tracy!!!!!!!!!
    I just LOST MY COFFEE lookin @ that pic!!!!!

Start warning your readers DAMN!!!!

6. keisha says:

when you’re self absorbed it’s draining. 😦 that’s right DRAINING.

when you’re self absorbed it’s draining. that’s right DRAINING.
      ****************
      COSIGN!!!! and that’s becuz they can’t STFU about themselves.

• CDawg says:

when you’re self absorbed it’s draining. that’s right DRAINING.
        ****************
        COSIGN!!!! and that’s becuz they can’t STFU about themselves.
        ——————
        Ladies,
        I think I know more self absorbed brothas than i do sistas believe it or not.

Ladies,
        I think I know more self absorbed brothas than i do sistas believe it or not.

*****
        Mm Hm…they constantly want their egos stroked. my ex was like that. he was draining me needing the constant reassurance i had to dump him hell i couldn’t take that esp. when i had my own insecurities i had to deal with.

• RandomChick says:

———————
        cosign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kicked my former bf to the curb.com behind his insecure issues…he was draining the LIFE OUTTA ME!~

• Joanne says:

Yvonne, Keisha, Nicole and Random,
        Sounds like you ladies should be contacting the show by email to tell your stories. what do you all think????

• keisha says:

Sounds like you ladies should be contacting the show
        ~~~~~
        @Joanne, already did 🙂 and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Sounds like you ladies should be contacting the show
        ~~~~~
        Boys with small talk and small minds
        Really don’t impress me in bed
        She said, I need a man’s man, baby
        Diamonds and furs
        Love would only conquer my head

Tracy please ….i hope you spit another rhyme 2morrow nite on “conversations of a SISTAH!!!!!!!!

SMH @ the nakedness in that picture 😦 no no no no no!!!!

The picture in this post..SMH……OK…Ms. Blog Queen is really makin a point 🙂

10. man says:

OMG look at the naked women in this post. one skinny one and one plump one wit rolls. WTF is this shit about?

This is an awesome topic because for me, stuff like this is never addressed. Y’all gotta admitt, we all know somebody stuck up and “self absorbed” and scared to say something about it for fear of thinkin you gon hurt they feelins but sometimes hey, enuff is enuff.

LMAO 🙂
    Oh Shit!!!!! The naked bitches is good, it’s extreme but hell i get it.

Tuning in Trace, tuning in.

13. Tammy says:

my, my, look at the naked women (in my martin lawrence/shanay shanay voice)

“Their entire conversation is all about “me, me, me, me, me” !~

LOL 🙂 I like that cause it’s soooooooo true

it’s a 1 sided relationship when you think it’s all about U and who da fuck wanna deal with that?

can’t wait to hear the show this week trace.

What does that even mean to be self absorbed?
    WTH is Tracy talking about?

• Kayla says:

What does that even mean to be self absorbed?
      WTH is Tracy talking about?
      ***********************************
      You need to “TUNE IN” tommorrow night to find out

• Acquitta says:

What does that even mean to be self absorbed?
        WTH is Tracy talking about?
        ***********************************
        You need to “TUNE IN” tommorrow night to find out
        ~~~~~~~~
        CoSign!

What does that even mean to be self absorbed?
        __________________________
        @Angelhair,
        when you can’t stop thinking about yourself,
        and reminding others of your good and
        bad qualities.

WTH is Tracy talking about?
        _______________________

Find out by listening to her show (like the rest of) tamorrow night.

There is no guest tommorrow night. the women in the pic. random women.

• Acquitta says:

There is no guest tommorrow night. the women in the pic. random women.
      ————-
      Brown,
      I emailed and asked the same question. was curious.

I emailed and asked the same question. was curious.
        ————–
        I did too Tracy’s all monologue 2morrow nite.

• Aceman says:

Y’all Stop emailing Tracy abusing the contact info for the show. 😉

• Felicia says:

Y’all Stop emailing Tracy abusing the contact info for the show
        ———–
        Oh palease, I email Carolyn every week b4 the show. she don’t mind or complain so why should U?? 🙂

I usually reserve my comment till after the show. and now that i know those two thickums are not guest i’ll wait.

Tracy aka Blog Queen Who Da Fuck Are The naked Bitches up top?

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

That one with the kangaroo belly 🙂 This shit got me rollin.

• Daisy says:

That one with the kangaroo belly 🙂 This shit got me rollin.
      ~~~~~
      Stop laughin all she need to do is hit the gym.

• Aceman says:

That one with the kangaroo belly 🙂 This shit got me rollin.
        ~~~~~
        Stop laughin all she need to do is hit the gym.
        ____________________________________

Fuck outta here @Daisy, she need to hit the gym and back off the bread and cakes too.

Aceman,
        what da hell you look like naked? better yet send Trace a naked pic of you using ya one finger to cover up ya penis cauz i’m sure “1 finger” is all it takes.

22. CDawg says:

so what the women are naked. focus on the subject people n be tuned in damn!

23. Mrs. says:

some people are so self absorbed and self centered they don’t even realize it.

• Angelhair says:

some people are so self absorbed and self centered they don’t even realize it.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      @Mrs,
      What’s the difference between being self absorbed and self centered?

• Mrs. says:

@Mrs,
        What’s the difference between being self absorbed and self centered?
        ***********
        Um @Angelhair, I suggest you tune in tommorrow night to find out. better yet email Tracy and the show with your question.

• Mrs. says:

Angelhair,
        Did you get your answer?

24. Pointman says:

Ms. Bell,
    You couldn’t find some naked sistahs to post? I don’t appreciate seeing these lily white naked europeans posted up top.

• Gia says:

************
      You wanna see Black Women get your own blog women of all color come here, so I see NOTHING wrong with the “lily white naked europeans” in her post. get over it!

• Mrs. says:

************
        ~~~~~~~~~
        Cosign @ Gia, talk about being self absorbed he’s the prime example.

Like the last 3 topics I’m sure this will be good to hear as well.

Now let me scroll up to see what cha’ll saying about the naked women.

I’m reading some of these comments.
    It’s not about the girls pot-belly or her thickness it’s about her having the courage and being comfortable in her own skin which is why someone who is self-absorbed wouldn’t be. This post and Tracy’s topic is about “Self-absorbed individuals” STOP focusing on the women’s body in the post and focus on tomorrow night’s subject.

I’m reading some of these comments.
      **************
      AMEN!!!!!.

27. zion says:

Both ladies (in the pic) are pretty women. size or color/nationality should never matter. the bottom line is: what will ms.trabell bring to the topic? we all should be excited about that. i know i am.

28. 2Thick says:

The trick to this post IS, to see how self absorbed some of us really are that we’d talk about the women pictured instead of focusing on tommorrow’s night topic. I’m hip to how Tracy flow 🙂

29. Soldier1 says:

“self absorbed people” —>>> Not even sure if I know what that is?

“self absorbed people” —>>> Not even sure if I know what that is?
      ——————
      Guess you’ll have to tune in tomorrow then. 🙂

• Soldier1 says:

“self absorbed people” —>>> Not even sure if I know what that is?
        ——————
        Guess you’ll have to tune in tomorrow then.
        __________________________________

Oh No doubt ..Uma do that anyway.

self absorbed, conceited, full of shit cause ya full of yaself all = being insecure

Tuning in.
    Of course.
    Like how the past shows have been archived too 🙂

Tracy knows I won’t comment till after the show and IDK if there are naked women staring down at me as i write this. LOL

Going to check out past shows.

One question @Tra a.k.a. Blog Queen: Will you be doing another poem with this topic? I hope so. You got me spoiled now with your monologue and some poetry. I say …let it flow gurl!

OK NAKED BITCHES UPTOP IN THIS POST. THEY NOT UGLY BUT AIN’T ALL THAT FYNE AND MY DICK AIN’T REACT SO IT’S ALL GOOD. I’LL BE TUNED IN FOR YET ANOTHER ONE.

Ooooooo the pic in this post is pretty bold but kudos for those women being proud of their nakedness. 🙂

Great topic for tomorrow night. 🙂

wow @ that pic…llokin forward to 2morrows show.

I like this.
    Glad the show comes on before the VP’s Presidential debate.

38. zion says:

🙂 ..I’m tuned in.

Ok Trace I’m ready fa ya.
    It’s a good thing your segment airs before the VP debate.

40. Ebony says:

Good morning,

Tracy can you please put your post back up top until your show is over tonight.

Please and thank you.

I now look forward to the show each week.

42. UncleEd says:

well, well, well….i had to read the whole thing to see how the naked ladies relate to 2night’s show. tuning in to hear more 😉

they have nice bodies both ladies. i see a titt too.

• Katman says:

they have nice bodies both ladies
      ——————————————
      sounds like it’s been a long time since you got some playa…a real looooooooong time

43. FloridaGirl says:

i’m excited about tonights show. i know it’s going to be another good one.

Tracy if you can please DROP ANOTHER RYHME!

• Pinky says:

Flo: I was hoping she did the poetry thing too.

i know at the end of every show now she say something like, “whatsoever things are lovely, just and true think on these things.” i like that but i hope she drop lines tonight fa real.

It’s a verse from Phillippians 4:8 (Maybe her favorite) 🙂
        “whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

• Tammy says:

It’s a verse from Phillippians 4:8 (Maybe her favorite)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Mornin Ladies, I like that. when my mom and i was listening to show 1 of her shows the other night, she told me it was a scripture from the Bible.
        Thanks Nicole.

Tammy,
        I emailed her offline and she confirmed it was and told me where i could find it.

• QTip says:

mornin ladies. words have power and those are some very powerful words.

44. Brandy says:

self absorbed people: It’s their poor – Me – Me- World- !!

yeah ima tune in. can’t wait.

45 minutes till show time Tra

46. BigBoy says:

That’s right you can’t keep a good brotha down I’m back!!!!!!!!!!! Tra got her own show now too I had to come back….Ha ya like me Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was never banded. and I will always LOVE Trace.

• Omar says:

Well I’ll be damned…..LMMFAO!

*********************
        BigBelly is that you?

• Felicia says:

That IS NOT BIGBELLY i’m not sayin nothin until i see a real pic as his gravi.

Show time in 15 minutes gotta go.

• XMen says:

*********************
        My Ninja, yeah y’all he back. 🙂 LOL Wassup Walter aka BigBelly. you in time for the show boi.

• BigBoy says:

Wassup CEO Peoples. I been here since Trace started the show, i was chillin waitin to come back in, but i can't chill no more i'm all da way in..she turnin me on wit these shows

• Omar says:

Wassup CEO Peoples. I been here since Trace started the show, i was chillin waitin to come back in, but i can’t chill no more i’m all da way in..she turnin me on wit these shows
        _________
        LMMFAO don’t start that stalkish shit..gotta go homey we’ll catch up after the show.

Tracy nailed it y’all.
    FUCKIN POEM WAS OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Acquitta says:

Didn’t she have the 4.1.1. on that topic!!
      Blew my damn mind…my head is freakin spinnin.

The poem OMG No words…

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

Our gurl in UNDER-RATED! ~ she is soooooo good at this. I just want her to talk a lil bit longer….19-20 minutes ain’t enuff for me

• Acquitta says:

I just want her to talk a lil bit longer….19-20 minutes ain’t enuff for me ——> Naw see I like cause she come in blow that shit up! then she be out!! My girl!

• QTip says:

I am so proud of Tracy. That self absorbed narcisistic shit had me fact checkin my DAMN SELF!!!! – I wanna meet da nigga dats gone marry her cause he gots to be one scrong motherfucker!!!

• Gia says:

Yes @ Brown and Acquitta, she did the poem. Darn she’s good!!! 🙂

• 2Thick4U says:

@Brown, Yes she did nail it!
        @Acquitta, she blew my mind with that poem too. unbelieveably talented.
        @Mrs, 19-20 minutes ain’t long enuff esp. when the song played for 3. i wanted more!!!
        @QTip, I’m proud of her too, it’s just hard to believe she do all that she do. SMH

God Bless her!!!!!!

• CoCo says:

Hey y’all. did she NOT give us something to THINK about?
        WoW!

• bobby says:

OMG people she DID NOT disappiont!!!!!!!

• Felicia says:

she blew my mind with that poem too. unbelieveably talented
        ~~~~~~~~
        @Everybody: I didn’t want the show to end. I emailed asking if Tracy will release her poetry book anytime soon?? I wanna know. Loved the poem. knew i would. 🙂 Can’t wait until next week cause it’s sure gonna be a stone gas y’all LOL

• CorporateBitch says:

I didn’t want the show to end
        ~~~~~~~~
        Sista girl don’t babble. She digg right into the point. next week she may be longer. doesn’t matter to me the show is good.

• Lexy says:

she blew my mind with that poem too. unbelieveably talented
        ~~~~~~~~
        wish the poem was longer.

• Coco says:

The poem was perfect IMO. Some of y’all CEO’ers are never satisfied Damn!

• keisha says:

Ms. Blog Queen had a good show and that poem she read was ONPOINT!!!!

Show was just good. Very informative.

Go Tracy!!!!
    You better GO GIRL you did the damn thing…again!!!!

50. CeoDawg says:

Tracy you have very effective and powerful messages…Really you do. It amazes me where your mentality is. not many sistas like you out here. Amazing. can’t wait to next week. I gotta hear that LS vs. DS topic oh i gots to hear that.

51. bobby says:

I was LMAO when Tracy talk about “having bunion and corns removed thinkin people lookin at ya feet.” That was too funny!

Loved the show…Can’t for next weeks 🙂

How does she do it? The words just roll off her lips. I’m like __________ speechless.

and the poem DAYUM!!!!!!!

• Rezzie says:

How does she do it? The words just roll off her lips
      ~~~~~~~~~
      It’s called the ANOINTING Boo, when God gives you a gift he annoints you to WORK that gift and she’s WORKING IT and WORKING IT WELL!!!!!

• EbonyEyes says:

How does she do it? The words just roll off her lips
        ~~~~~~~~~
        ____________
        Kudos to Cyrus Webb for that!

• Rezzie says:

Kudos to Cyrus Webb for that!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        No Boo, Boo, Kudos to Cyrus for “ALLOWING GOD to USE him” to have Tracy step into such an awesome opportunity…Let’s place the praise responsibly @Ebony.

Hats off to The Queen of this blog…she layed that subject (Self Absorbed negroes) OUT to DRY tonight. Next week’s topic will be even HOTTER. Can’t wait.

Dayum!!!!!
    Tracy had a nigga self checkin himself.
    I may have an ego but Gawd I know I ain’t arrogant 🙂

• CorporateBitch says:

Dayum!!!!!
      Tracy had a nigga self checkin himself.
      I may have an ego but Gawd I know I ain’t arrogant
      ———-
      I’m sure that was the point Man, to make a nigga self-check himself….but you said “I” 3x in that one sentence. A sign it’s all about me, me, me, me, me.. LOL

watchin the debate.
    Tracy you had another awesome show Boo.
    I’m listen to a recap when you publish it.

57. Pointman says:

Despite them naked eurpeans uptop you had a good show Trace.

• Shawnia says:

Despite them naked eurpeans uptop you had a good show Trace.->>Ms. Tracy Bell had a good show because IT WASN’T ABOUT THE NAKED EUROPEANS UP TOP it was about the SUBSTANCE of information shared and it was good! Please STOP acting like you’ve never seen a naked white women b4.

58. UncleEd says:

Show was beautiful. and i don’t get into the rhetoric of opinions. Trace had a good show. period.

59. Cindy says:

Good show Ms. Bell
    Point
    Blank
    Period!

These shows are HOT CEO people.
    Next week DS vs. LS OK…I was like I GOTS TO HEAR THIS.

Not kissing Tracy’s ass but COT-dayum she had a good show.
    Damn the debate……… I’m going back to hear the show again.
    I already know it’s Obama 2012~ I ain’t gotta hear Biden and Paul.

a million thumbs up tracy…20 million. lovin and enjoying your shows.

63. SueWee says:

• Mahogany says:

Tra was good
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        she was… i gotta give it to her, she act like a real pro
        ——————————————————————-
        sounds just like REAL Conversations my sistas

Shiiid..I think my man have some of them traits Tracy mentioned tonight. I’m going to hear the show again because i’m sure she said “you can’t change arrogant, self-centred individuals” and it seems i’m dealing with that with my BF of 2 years and if that’s the case my relationship might be over!

• Al-scream says:

olivijah u tolerated dat nigga for 2 years? you shoulda called or emailed the show tonight.

~~~~~
        How do you know I didn’t email the show? I listened in and now I’m going to apply what i heard. as far as you advising me, please stay in ya place and bypass me talking outloud. Thank u.

Loved the show!!!!

Tracy you are awesome!

68. UnpredictableMe says:

came out lurk mode to say… tracy had a good show.

Her show was good.
    I really, really, really enjoyed it.

Tracy is a bad bitch!!!

71. cameo says:

No ass kissing necessary. Ole girl did her thing.
    You got that subject off trace.

It was a real good show. Trace your POEM was HOT.

waiting for this show to be added to the archive so i can listen again.

I’m in love with Blog Queens shows. They really align up to her beliefs. It’s amazing.

• yes says:

I’m in love with Blog Queens shows. They really align up to her beliefs It’s amazing
      ~~~~~~
      Don’t understand why it’s amazing to you. Good women still exist ya know.

• Donte says:

~~~~~~
        Don’t understand why it’s amazing to you. Good women still exist ya know.
        —————-
        Oh no doubt but i chose NOT To explain what I meant

75. FloridaGirl says:

Tracy “thank you” for another awesome show. 4th one under ya belt. 🙂

good show last night y’all

good show last night y’all
      *******************************

Y’all???? It was Tracys show.

• BrownGirl says:

good show last night y’all
        *******************************
        Y’all???? It was Tracys show.
        ______________________

It’s our show cause we are family” Us and Tracy are 1

Overal last night’s show was good.

so proud of my gurl. 🙂 she really did her thing.

It’s not about the picture in this post. For me it’s about the content being delivered on the subject at hand and last night “out gurl” delivered on the topic. so proud 🙂