September 19, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Hello CEO Readers: as announced in my previous post on September 9, 2012., I have joined “Conversations Live” with a weekly online radio segment of “Conversations Of A Sistah”. The show will begin each Thursday at 8:00 P.M. where the discussions will be open, deep, alive and constructive

Read full press release here!

Our topic of discussion this week:::: “Is abstinence played out?”

Now let’s define abstinence: abstinence is viewed as an act of self-control over the natural desire to have sex. The abstainer sets an example for those not able to contain their “base urges” to have sex.

In today’s society where premarital sex seem to be the common norm, is abstinence actually played out? Has it become outdated and ancient to preserve one’s self for marriage and the committed relationship?

With so many negative influences of reality television today, some of these shows seem to glamorize teenage pregnancy and professional bed hoppers such as; the Kim Kardashians of this world. And because so many women believe in “giving it up” so quickly and loosely, this is a subject we will delve into on my show tonight.

And because abstinence seem to be a really big issue/problem/challenge amongst young people, my guest Ms. Ashley Lipscomb, 23, (pictured above right), will share her view on abstinence: is it a lifestyle or a fade? A moral decision or religious criteria?

A 2011 graduate of Hampton University, Miss Ashley is an avid youth leader in her church and a real leader amongst her peers and she stands out in the midst of many. To view Ms. Ashley’s you tube video (s) of past speaking engagements, view Ashley speaks!!

So… are you saving yours or are you giving “it” away?

As usual, you can post your comments and/or questions regarding tonight’s show here; or email us at: conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com

You can access the show by clicking the link here!  ….. Hope you’ll be there by joining us on the air!!

133 thoughts on “Tune in TONIGHT: “Conversations of a Sistah” – on ‘Conversations Live’ my guest? “Ms. Ashley Lipscomb”

1. Al-scream says:

That press release is hot!

Bout time!

Mornin early ceo rizers

pretty young thang Trace 1st guest. thought she was neva gonna share what was up.

mornin peeps

Morning…Is anybody else wondering if Ashley is a minister?

I have the ceo blog alert on my iphone. 🙂 sad aint it? I’m addicted to this spot. This girl is very pretty. I gotta reserve my comments for after the show tomorrow night.

I betchu half y’all niggas still got sleep in ya eyes.

Nice post Tracy. Very pretty guest too. like cause you dealing with ordinary folk like us. 🙂 but now i’m curious to hear your show. i’m married so abstinence is not a real thing for me but it’s something we all can add r 2 cents on.

Morning Fam.

10. YES says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?

• Angelhair says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
      ———
      it’s too early.

• Adam says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
        ———
        show ain’t till tomorrow. we have time

• Felicia says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
        ———
        I did I thought she was ok.

• alscream says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
        ———
        i did….she said she work at a funeral home. i was like ‘whoa’ you gotta be brave to do that…

• yes says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
        ———
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Well i think she took her sermoon from that something about ‘they ain’t ready to view you yet” i was like damn she gettin str8 to the point

• zion says:

Have any of you checked the youtube video’s of this girl?
        ———
        I did and loved how she referred to the Bible as your sword..I like that it’s not a common term in a lot of church houses 2day

I like the post but i hope the conversation ain’t boring. but really few women are saving themselves 4 marriage its not a reality these dayz

~~~~~~~
    anything can be a reality if it’s your determination. my hubby and i didn’t wait until we were married but we knew we were gonna get married. so 2 each his own.

I’M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE SHOW AND ATLEAST WE CAN PUT FACES WITH THE SUBJECT. I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR HOW THIS GIRL IS GONNA RESPOND TO TRACY.

Can’t wait to hear this girls take on the subject. i think ima send tra an email.

15. bobby says:

Thanks for the post and reminder Tracy.
    I’ll reserve my comments till after the show.

looking forward to the show.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Tracy’s 1st guest is around my age and yes I’m saving “mine” for marriage.
    dontjudgeme#

in this day n age saving ya self for one person might just save ya life. to many std’s and new std’s being contracted out here.

I think Tracy’s topic is a hot button topic. when women having sex and aint living like that they don’t wanna hear nothing about abstaining from sex. too many influences. esp. on tv.

not crazy about tra’s topic but curious about whats going to be SAID about it. plus i just wanna hear blog queen on the air.

abstinence for me is a moral decision than religious. waitin to have sex is a bit unrealistic esp. when ya body be calling for that fix.

my BF and i tried it once and it had a sistah climbin da damn walls y’all. can’t do it.

abstinence is about controlling “the flesh” just like some of y’all can’t control over eating you can’t control not fucking either. i think tracy’s show will be interesting and i wanna hear how ms. ashley gone break it down from a christian perspective. then i’m coming back to add my .2

• CorporateBitch says:

abstinence is about controlling “the flesh”
      ——-
      cosign…and that’s from eating to smoking to doin drugs. self control is self control.

• man says:

abstinence is about controlling “the flesh”
        ——-
        I’d rather be havin sex than loadin up on ding dongs. a nigga weak and aint tryn not to have sex. i gotta have it it be callin me like a crack head

• Cameo1 says:

abstinence is about controlling “the flesh”
        ——-
        True and I agree but everybody can’t do it.

no sex for me not at this time in my life anyway. one of my besties have an std and it ain’t no joke. i mean her std is treatable but he she has it for life.
    realtalk#

• man says:

• Kayla says:

STD’s are real and it seems to be a new one erday almost. IMO abstinence is the only way to safe guard against NOT getting an STD. and if you gonna lay with that man or woman wrap it up. and think about the consequences.

• Coco says:

one of my besties have an std
        ~~~~
        DAYUM!!!!! well tell her business why don’t cha @Corp.

• Cameo1 says:

one of my besties have an std
        ~~~~
        Thats the risk you take when you let em raw dawg you. i’m nosey what ya girlfriend got? herpes…maybe its best she ABSTAIN from now on instead of spreadin whateva it is she may have.

• Oh ya bestie is nasty. you neva let a nigga ride you raw and he got a dirty dick. Smh
        ———–
        HOW DARE YOU JUDGE HER AND DON’T EVEN KNOW HER!!!

• CDawg says:

no sex for me not at this time in my life anyway. one of my besties have an std ~~~~~
        an STD is serious and you have it for life which is a crucial point of this conversation IMO.

“Is abstinence played out?”

No ma’m not for me. i find it’s eazier to keep my legs closed.

this is a real pretty girl. thank you tracy for posting those videos of her speaking too. that gave us an inside look into her a bit. i can tell your shows and the guest you have will be interesting. that’s enuff to keep all us guessing.

good luck tomorrow night, i will be listening. then i’m coming back to sound off.

see you on the air!

26. man says:

Hope you’ll be there by joining us on the air!!

I LIKE DAT SHIT!!!!

Ashley is a very pretty girl and I just checked out SOME of her video. she seems so humble and sweet. Oh wow.

Tracy now you know most of us tuning into to hear ya show… to be nosey, some of us cause we generally wanna hear the topic and most of us just for the hell of it either way we’re tuned in.

Congratulations again and I’m excited about this for U 🙂 You go girl! 🙂

Tracy I am in AWE over your post…not many blogs out here like this one!!! You are not ashamed to tackle topics that you are passionate about. You are a real leader in so many ways.

I am DEFINETLY tuning into your show to hear Ms. Ashley I saw her youtube videos and was so moved by the fact that she’s young and spoke so well. very pretty girl…May everything you touch Ms. Blog Queen / Tracy trun to gold

I see the comments are on and poppin already.

I’ll be back after tomorrow’s show with my take on it.

Tracy’s guest is beautiful people.

• Coco says:

I’ll be back after tomorrow’s show with my take on it.
      **********
      That’s what i’m sayin, if we have anything to say now it should be about this ‘abstinence’ topic. erbody can’t refrain from ‘givin it up’ especially when you get older ya body start calling you for sex. 🙂 but w/o marriage it’s still a sin. I can go so many places on this subject. having sex is a responsibility and you owe it to your body to treat it like that. Now i gotta hear the show and then it’ll be fair to come back and ass something to this dangerous topic.

This girl is gor-juss!
    I like how Trace do shit. I hope she have a good show too.

sistahs ain’t tryna hear not havin sex. people have needs so its not a realistic topic. some niggas will leave you alone if there’s no sex in the relationship.

• Felicia says:

some niggas will leave you alone if there’s no sex in the relationship.
      *********
      then she would be better off w/o him then. there’s more to love and a relationship than sex.

some niggas will leave you alone if there’s no sex in the relationship.
        *********
        ________________
        Yeah it should be but not always cuz men don’t view love and sex in the same category.

32. zion says:

I’m loving the dialogue this topic has stirred up. 🙂 tomorrow’s show should be just as interesting. can’t wait.

33. sane says:

damn the topic this ashley chick is fyne!

34. Tammy says:

being that blog Queen’s show ain’t till tomorrow night, i think we need another post. what cha’ll think?

I’ll be tuned in tomorrow and back with a comment. See ya’ll then.

I’ll be tuned in tomorrow and back with a comment. See ya’ll then
      ———-
      but we need something to talk about now

• Natasha says:

I’ll be tuned in tomorrow and back with a comment. See ya’ll then
        ———-
        but we need something to talk about now
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        This young lady that will be blog queen’s guest is pretty. can’t wait to hear her opinion on abstinence. There!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ I got you started now go with it girl or get a life or call a GF. WTF

• keisha says:

I’ll be tuned in tomorrow and back with a comment. See ya’ll then
        ———-
        COSIGN!!!
        CAN’T WAIT.

I’ll be tuned in tomorrow and back with a comment. See ya’ll then
        ———-
        me too gurl me too. 🙂

Need to think of a question to send Tra for the show. I gotta think about it.

Abstinence is a heavy subject tho.

I like her email address too. conversationsofasistah@readywriterproductioncompany.com – it’s long but real cool.

I’m also wondering how Tracy know Ashley? What’s their affiliation? do they attend the same church or civic organization? I’m curious. she’s a pretty girl, young too at 23 she seems to be wise. God bless her.

Oh well like every1 else here can’t wait to hear the show.

Tracy my question for your show:
    “Isn’t abstinence unrealistic? Esp. ta young people. I mean, Isn’t a part of growing up all about experimenting with sex?”

• man says:

So Random, I guess it’s safe to say you done gave yurs away. holla @ me offline boo.

• Angelhair says:

@Random,
      I say/said the same thing
      “waiting until marriage is too strict a requirement to be talkin bout abstaining. “What if you don’t want to get married or you decide to wait later on in life?” how long you spose to wait till the cobbwebbs fall out? GTFOH i’m sorry who’s gonna do that??

• CDawg says:

“Isn’t abstinence unrealistic?
        ———————————-
        Nothing is unrealistic about perserving your body and your soul. sleepin around is like you connect your soul to that individual. that’s the problem now men n women wanna just give away they cookies for the hell of it.

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comin back 2morrow for the convo~

39. TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Good luck 2NITE Tracy!!!!!

Comin back with my 2 cents when it’s all SAID N DONE!!!!!!!!!

41. CDawg says:

wow seems like we just talked about this and wished for it on yesterday and the show is tonite already.

do any of you know how tracy know 23 y.o. ashley? just curious.

I’m so excited…..4 hours till show time! 🙂

I act like i’m the damn guest on the show *licks tongue*

Everybody in hear that know somebody “fast and young” need to have them tuning in to hear this show tonite. i have my lil cousins lined up to hear this.

44. YES says:

they playin this hillbilly song as the song of the week. can’t for blog queen’s segment.

OMG GOD I WISH THEY WOULD GET ON WITH IT ALREADY…RESIDENE CHEF SPEAKING NOW.

OMG this girl ASHLEY that’s a bad lil bish!!!!!

she fuckin tore the studio up!!!! Blog Queen sounded shocked by her

47. applebottomgirl says:

Awesome show!!!!

Fuckin Awesome

I need you to have Ashley back Tracy.

That girl changed my mind…..Her and Blog Queen share the same views you can tell.

49. Al-scream says:

Damn when Tra yelled PREACH!!!!

I was LMMFAO!!!!!!

50. FloridaGurl says:

Lawd have mercy JESUS!!!!

This young girl gotta made up mind!!!! I gotta find out how i can get a copy of this show and download it on an app.

I’m speechless

young chick blew my mind.

and when she said she had a man, and they ain’t doin it i was like oh shit!!!!!

• YES says:

and when she said she had a man, and they ain’t doin it i was like oh shit!!!!!
      ————
      she said she do NOT go to his hotel room when he in town. that shit was on na real. You can tell she ain’t lien either.

Ashley had me in tears…she was so sincere.

excellent guest choice for a 1st show she was powerful.

blog queen’s show was something else….i gotta hear that again.

53. Candle Queen says:

My Blog Queen is made for RADIO…. You have found your calling…. I LOVE IT…. Im so proud of you.

• SlickRick says:

My Blog Queen is made for RADIO
      ******************************************
      I co-MUTHFUCKIN SIGN!!!!!

Trace OH god i’m speechless. her voice alone and that Janet Jackson joint!

Tracy i love you..your show was good.

your voice is golden girl and the way you ended i won’t sleep tonight people.

Y’all better know this ASHLEY was OFF THE Chain..esp when she broke down those rubies vs. zircona hot damn she ripped it!!!~

Tracy is multi-talented!

Great show, awesome, awesome guest and the chemistry was just something else.

I’m so proud of you Tracy.

blog queen did the damn thing ya’ll ya here!

God!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy…wish you were my woman. You got it goin on and tonite really proved it

and when they ended your show with let’s wait awhile by janet jackson i got a fuckin hard on!

******************
      You are DISGUSTING!!!!! why write that here @Anthony???

58. coco2011 says:

Morning Fam!

Did y’all hear Tracy’s show? Good show people.
    I am so proud of the way she held it down!!!

• Aceman says:

Mornin Coco, i heard the show and was in shock AShley was good with those questions and made so many strong point!

Morning Ace and Coco
        Tracy’s show was off the chain! When Ashley broke down those rubies and a woman’s self worth. I was like “DAYUM” how deep is this gonna get. LOL But the show was excellent can’t wait till next week’s show.

• Felicia says:

morning y’all i was tuned in hard i was sooo able to relate to what ashley was saying about abstinence being a moral decision and not comparing my self worth to the “in-crowd” wow. just wow @ the whole thing 🙂

congratulations tracy

I loved the show.

oMg mornin y’all where are my manners

59. acquittap says:

Thought the show was excellent..heard it again this morning on my way to work.

The Janet Jackson ending was on point. very good show.

excellent show tracy excellent

Ashley God bless her she was good. Tracy excellent!!!!

I heard the show it was mad interesting. I think blog queen talked her ass off. She kinda talked more than Ashley 🙂 but it was all good …guess that was her job as host. Now i gotta hear why women should not be thinking like men.