Bishop Eddie Long’s Wife Explains Why She Stayed …

September 7, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Vanessa Long filed for divorce from embattled preacher Eddie Long on Dec. 1, 2011. Less than 24 hours later, she retracted her petition for divorce, leaving many to wonder why she stayed?

In a tearful speech to the women of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church over the weekend, Vanessa Long explained why she stayed with a man who was accused of molesting teenage boys in his church.

“I was in a middle of a storm, and I got off the ship,” Mrs. Long said. “As much as I love my husband… I couldn’t take another minute pretending that I was okay.”

Mrs. Long said she felt like she failed the people who needed her the most — the women of the church. “After all, you felt the storm, too, and yet you stood,” she told church members.

“I realized that the best thing that I could do was to let you see me as a woman just like you,” she said as the audience erupted with applause. How else were the women/members at New Birth seeing her? As less than a woman?

I’m not married but I know wedding vows are for “better or for worse” but within common sense and rational reasoning. Vanessa Long is showing the women in her church that it’s ok to remain in a dysfunctional marriage, loveless and aligned in deceit. How sad, how very sad.

To here what Vanessa Long had to say, check the link here ->> View

99 thoughts on “Bishop Eddie Long’s Wife Explains Why She Stayed …

1. Tammy says:

He likes young men tho girrrl ion know about that to each it’s own

Umm how long does it take to explain the obvious reason that you are a fool

Only needed one word.

Dumb!!!!

GTFOHWTBS *oh and I could give a fuck too*

STFU who cares why you stayed no one cares about you or him!
    Talk to the CHUUCH!

“I’m not married but I know wedding vows are for “better or for worse” but within common sense and rational reasoning.”

Tracy, I get the ‘in sickness and in health”, but mentally ill too? But if he has repeatedly slept with the same sex, something according to our faith is an “abomination”, and came back to me repeatedly, risking both of our lives, am I supposed to stay and just DIE?

I guess I’m an ol’ wretched ho, ’cause I’m not sticking around for any of the above. Cheat if you must, but it BET NOT be with no man

She could’ve summed all that up and said, “money.” bottom line.

She’s just as unstable as her husband….

never understood why relationships have to come with rules

never understood why relationships have to come with rules
      =============
      please expound..I wanna hear what you mean?

• Sane says:

please expound..I wanna hear what you mean?
        ===============
        I’m not saying go out and cheat on each other or anything like that but I’m just saying 2be happy its not necessary for the woman to always cook clean or do the chores if I see something needs to be done I will do it but that’s just me. But when I hear people talking about what a woman should do I always think about slavery for some reason..that’s what i mean by rules.

• Mahogany says:

never understood why relationships have to come with rules
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        I need some more clarification on this….

• CorporateBitch says:

SMDH wow

GTFOHWTBS..CMON NOW SHE KNOW HE AIN’T FUCKIN HER BUT FUCKIN LIL BOYS AND SHE STAYED!!!!! Really?

………

“Vanessa Long is showing the women in her church that it’s ok to remain in a dysfunctional marriage, loveless and aligned in deceit. How sad, how very sad”

COSIGN!!!!!!!!!!

13. LuLu says:

*sigh* Ok I understand the jumping ship, but did she explain why she got back on the ship or did I miss that? IDC Anyways….

He’s sleeping around with 50 other men, do i stay even if i am hurt? i think the answer is obvious… ps: i wish a negro would…

I rarely watch the videos but this here shit I gotta see. I think she’s a pawn in the entire organization. Since the church is comprised mostly of women, it’s not a good look with the First Lady gone. She’s saving face for the church to keep the membership up. <–Opinion. Let me watch the video.

• Mahogany says:

************
      COSIGN and thinking the same thing.

• Gabriella says:

************
        I never thought of that..good point!

• Felicia says:

************
        Exactly!

She is a good one..couldna been me…

they photoshopped the hell out of her in that top pic

Me and my hubby been married 8 years, together 15. Definitely ain’t no walk in the park and we both are in the church. But i don’t know if I would be able to suffer through that type of stuff the Long’s are goin through… oh hell naw.

19. YES says:

he cheated/cheatin and she still wit him? wow. that money and comfort must be loong!

20. FloridaGurl says:

chile please!

I can’t with his hair! I just can’t!

I know it pained her to stand in front of those church members IN church and tell that prepared lie.

This is TRULY SAD. She know damn well he paying her to save face. she can’t be happy.

A good woman takes a vow to honor and obey her husband, and to be by his side in the good times, and the bad, in sickness and in health.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

_________________

Correction: A good woman takes a vow to honor and obey her husband as unto the Lord.

Meaning her Loyalty should be to her Lord first. The same goes for the man. Had it been, he would have never aspired to prey upon children.

Man is head of woman, Yes. But he clearly disobeyed the scriptures he so called teaches.

If she had Faith, Her Faith should have led her to where it is written to separate from those who commit such acts. Husband or not. STAND BY THE LORD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        see this right here……is the TRUTH if it has ever been told!

• CorparateBitch says:

Preach Mrs!!!

• applebottomgirl says:

Cosign Mrs.

• Kayla says:

————————————————
        And to stand beside him despite the fact that he very well MAY put his dick in the azzes of young men.

Or vice versa.

And lie about it.

And then he comes home and fucks his wife.

And that we as black women are the number one demographic of contracting HIV.

GOODBYE as far as being on topic cause your comment @Omar is Str8 Bullshit!.

dudes love quoting that ‘women be subserviant to your man’ scripture without finishing the rest. STHU Omar

• Acquitta says:

~~~~~~~~
        EXACTLY!!! Many forget that. NOT I.

This woman and her lies—Pathetic!

26. CorparateBitch says:

chile please

Afternoon erverybody!

I choose not to take advice on how women should serve and obey men for a marriage to work from Vanessa Long.

The only relationship rule I have is that I’m always right and everyone needs to act accordingly.

28. applebottomgirl says:

guess she gotta stay in the game. smh

Yes she is a good woman. Ride or Die. Ladies lets all aspire to be like the great Mrs. Longstroke and stay with our gay, child molesting men. *side eye*

I hope she makes him wrap it up when they do IT!

She is gonna end up with that “flu”

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE – SO STROKELONG IS A GOOD WOMAN CUZ SHE STAYED-I DONT EVEN THINK SHE MATURED INTO BEING A WOMAN YET LET ALONE GOOD

I’m not married but I know wedding vows are for “better or for worse” but within common sense and rational reasoning. Vanessa Long is showing the women in her church that it’s ok to remain in a dysfunctional marriage, loveless and aligned in deceit. How sad, how very sad.

Exactly! How fuckin SAD is this shit….

***I realized that the best thing that I could do was to let you see me as a woman just like you,” she said as the audience erupted with applause.****

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    NO, she stoopid as hail…….she should have left and told those women, you cant stand in the midst of falseness and lies. KEEP GOD FIRST. N STAY TRUE TO HIS WORD.
    Her ass should be running from there.

34. AnnaB says:

i’m a supporter of a 50/50 relationship

I woulda rode MORE with Nessa if she woulda stood her azz in the front of the ch’uch and SAID:

My name is Nessa Long. And I am a woman who loves a man who loves young men.

But that ova da top shit she said? Bitch boo BYE.

Contrary to what was reported, Vanessa was not living with Eddie when the accusations came out and her petition was actually drawn up since July 2011 when the deal was brokered. To help Eddie save face deal was brokered for her to hold off on the filing. To stay, Vanessa worked out a big settlement and they keep separate residences..don’t be fooled people. It’s all a front.

I believe she was told what to say, how to say it, and how to look while saying it…..SMDH

As if EYE give a fuck.

Never really cared why she stayed…just know she dumb as hail.

WHAT SHE NEEDS TO REALIZE IS EITHER WAY, EVEN IF SHE HAD LEFT AND DIVORCED HIM, HER DECISION-AND IT WAS “HER” DECISION ALONE TO MAKE

WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS, EVERYONE IS FULL OF ADVICE AND WANTS TO TELL SOMEONE ELSE WHAT TO DO IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS NO AFFECT ON THEM-BUT AS LONG AS THE TWO PEOPLE IN THE RELATIONSHIP CAN MOVE AND GET OVER IT, THEN RATHER OTHERS DO OR NOT REALLY DOESN’T MATTER, IT’S THE TWO WHO ARE IN THE RELATIONSHIP THAT MATTERS AND THOSE TWO “ONLY”

BOTTOM LINE

Well what do we have here…..Tra I know damn well you ain’t agreeing with her decision. This is just wrong wrong wrong. Once you start doing nuts to the butt….we aint got nothing in common. LMAO

Elder Vanessa Long did not post her message on here to get the opinions and comments of those that don’t matter. She addressed the women of her congregation. So if this doesn’t affect you then you shouldn’t judge her for the decision she made. A bunch of outsiders who does not know whats really going on.

Angelhair~
      Long was pursuing, hunting down, whining and dining under age boys for SEX!! That is disgusting and sick, then he didn’t even fall on his face before the Lord and his church – he just brushed it off and denied he even knew some of them.. That is not a man of God. They are both just out for MONEY. That’s not a “storm”, that’s some sick demonic ungodly mess, that just doesn’t simply go away! So, like someone else said, I hope she knows that he still likes lil boys..

I get it.. It’s her Marriage..
        But I don’t know how U look
        At him knowing he molested boys
        That I struggle with…
        Stand by Ur man, ride or die bullshit
        But this is just plain BLIND
        he wasn’t sleeping with the deacon
        But boys!!
        I’d be GHOST!!!

• Lisa says:

I see her as a damn fool and not worthy of ushering people through a storm

So in other words ladies stay with your man even though he is down low and put ur self at risk for HIV/AIDS..smh get the fuck out of here with that bull shit..

Vanessa Long is a good woman. —->>>> i luv it when people are sarcastic

Her personal choice is her choice the problem right now is she’s espousing her personal choice on other women who look to her for guidance because of the “position” she holds. If she wants to be a fool that’s her personal issue but with this video she’s leading other women to accept criminal and immoral acts done by their husband.

This wasn’t just a man who committed adultery with another person of adult age. Eddie Long is a sexual predator. Eddie Long was only lucky he did his dirt in Georgia another state they could have got him for child molestation or elicit acts with a minor. He’s disgusting!!! and she’s wth him? Ugh!

This woman is pathetic. She clearly doesn’t want to give up that ridiculous first lady title or the money and lifestyle this pedophile provides. People say that Eddie is sick, but so is she for ignoring what he was doing to those boys. Don’t think for one second she didn’t know Eddie was messing around with young boys. If people in the congregation knew and the people in Atlanta knew what Eddie was doing, then she definitely knew what was going on too. She’s no better than Jerry Sandusky’s wife turning a blind eye to molestation going on in her household. Karma always comes to collect it’s dues so she nor Eddie have gotten away with anything. By the way, the congregation is just as guilty and people should not feel sorry for them. They obviously feel comfortable putting all false hope into a fraud. They’ve had all the proof in the world that Eddie is a snake.

47. SoldierOne says:

Bishop Eddie Long- Strokedaboys got his wife pimpin for the ministry.
    Dayum priceless!

48. SoldierOne says:

I see after so many days Tracy cuttin off the comment section. ok.

I would divorce him, take every dollar he has left and move to another state, case close.

50. Pointmen says:

she gonna follow that sick ass husband straight to HELL!!!!!

51. Pointmen says:

Wonder how much he paid her??

she probly aint sleeping with him (not been 4 a long time) so its far from a damn marriage. She need to stop Fronting and be honest.

THIS Dirty-Dyck Getting, ROTTEN Puzzy Trick needs to be somewhere getting TESTED CONTINUOUSLY…

SADLY in this Day-n-Age of DL Dudes running Rampant and THESE Mindless-Azz Black Females WILLINGLY LETTING THESE DL DUDES Smash Them… THESE Tricks are becoming the SYMBOL of The TYPICAL Black Female SMDH

I hear ya sista Long. All that sounds good, but your husband is despicable and a disgrace on many levels.

55. Anonymous says:

Sorry, but her going back to him defies explanation.

I just listened to her video and that ain’t no storm him fuckin lil boys, that’s a muthafuckkin tsunami.

There is no way in HELL she believes he wasn’t messing with them boys. So not only is he a pedophile, but he’s gay AND a cheater.

If I ever get that hard up for a man I’m jumping off a got dayum bridge.

This liar came back for the money. There’s no way in hell I can find out my man sexed boys and I come up with some bullshit reason to come back. She’s beyond stupid. There’s probably more money in a divorce settlement, book deal, and interviews. And sweetheart, you are NOT a woman just like me. You forfeited any chance you had of being like me when you went back to that tight vest with no shirt wearing pedophile.

58. UncleEd says:

Eddie Long, his wife and his whole congregation disgust me.
    The fact that this man is an active “priest” is even more disgusting.
    A man and a woman of God are not like this folks. Don’t let the devil fool u.
    Yes we are all sinners but damn I JUST HATE IT WHEN FOLKS USE GODS WORDS AND NAME FOR EVIL ACTS.

I hope that works out for her.
    Does she know he STILL likes young boys?.

Her words bothered my soul. This is what a brainwashed person looks like.

I love how she talks about the “storm” as if it were an allegation of tax evasion, instead of the fact that her husband is a gay child rapist.

Let us remind ourselves of some of Eddie “Dick Tracey” Long’s doings

– He had gay sex in the bedroom located inside his office in New Birth.

-He went by the alias Dick Tracy at Hotels

-He took the boys to secret rendezvous in his apartment in downtown Atlanta and his other house, both of which Vanessa was not allowed in.

-He would slip them ambien

-He knew all of the boys while they were under-aged and then “had sex” with them just when they became legal

– He tricked off on them and their families during the whole time to keep everyone quiet.

-And of course there was the multimillion dollar settlement

-And last but not least he continues to wear his lace wig with the assurance of a person who grows that kind of hair from their own scalp.

All I can do is pray that her eyes will be opened one day….

And finally The Church ain’t shit!!

She’s pimping the lord too!

62. Rona says:

she came back cause of the money. I don’t look like I use to, and let’s face it a piece of a man is better than no man at all

Wow!!!!!!
    She’s in a dangerous position. There are a lot of single women in her church who look up to the so called first lady as a model of how to live their life. This woman is damaged with no esteem who turned a blind eye to her husband acting as a sick “daddy” to these confused boys. Any woman attending and tithing in this den of iniquity should be shunned and ridiculed. It’s cultish. She’s in no position to stand before anyone and try to counsel them. She’s willingly sleeping with a man who rapes boys. Statutory, underaged rape is still rape.

• Shawnia says:

Felicia, trust me their NOT sleeping 2gether. he don’t want her.