Dwyane Wade Says: Gabrielle Union “Makes My Eyes Sparkle”

July 11, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

The Miami Heat basketball player, 30, gushed when referring to his girlfriend during Oprah’s Next Chapter July 8. And it’s all because of the way Gabrielle Union helps raise his sons, Zaire, 10, and Zion, 5 (from his previous marriage to Siohvaughn Funches, his high school sweetheart).

Dwayne said he loves her especially when, Zaire (his oldest son) comes home and homework is a little hard that day, so he’s stressing, and she goes to the table with him and she sits down until he gets it,” Wade said of Union, 39, his love of three years. “And at that time my heart is smiling a little bigger that day because I know her love is deeper than just me.”

In March 2011, Wade was awarded custody of his boys after a three-year court battle with Funches. Despite their highly publicized family drama, Wade made sure his sons never doubted both of their parents’ love. But in the meantime, Siohvaughn might lose her 12th lawyer in the child custody battle with Wade due to her erratic and bitter behavior. Siohvaughn was recently arrested for refusing to return the boys to Dwayne father’s day weekend.

But Dwayne Wade, the two-time NBA champ said, with Gabrielle Union by his side, his life has only gotten a whole lot better. “We’re a family, and we’re growing as a family every day. And I think that’s the great thing about it,” Wade said. “We have so much more room to improve as a family and it’s awesome.”

Oprah’s Next Chapter aired Sunday (July 8th) on OWN.

88 thoughts on “Dwyane Wade Says: Gabrielle Union “Makes My Eyes Sparkle”

dayum!!!
    talkin bout adding salt to a wound! this shit right end gon send SIO over the top!

they make a nice couple though.

3. Tammy says:

Now this is a really good match. I hope that they make it last…But he need to marry her and set a good example for his boys.

• keisha says:

But he need to marry her and set a good example for his boys.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I agree @Tammy, if he really love her, he should put a ring on it.. – Beyonce

• alscream says:

But he need to marry her and set a good example for his boys.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      why buy the cow when you millkin it for free

• Omar says:

LOL @Al

• 2Thick says:

But he need to marry her and set a good example for his boys.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I agree but he won’t they both have a good excuse why not to marry.

He most definitely is smitten for Gabrielle because she is a selfless woman. The key to a happy relationship is trust, love, respect, and companionship. Life isn’t always about me, me, me. and in that interview he made it about her. nice…

5. keisha says:

Good for them..
    I hope Siovauhgne get it 2gether though. he’s making her look bad as a mother.

6. alscream says:

“She makes my eyes sparkle”

GTFOH DWade sound corny as hail.

Morning Fam…Whoa I was starting to think this blog had died.

not trying to throw shade but…..wasn’t D-Wade still married when they started dating? Isn’t this the main reason why he and his ex-wife started having problems??

Just askin.

• Acquitta says:

wasn’t D-Wade still married when they started dating?
      ***********

Gabby says he wasn’t but Siovaughn said they were. bottom line is word on the net was Gabby broke em up.

• FloridaGirl says:

Angelhair:
      Well I’m going to say this I’m all for black couples being in love and being sucessful but YES @Angelhair, lets not forget that he did cheat on his ex-wife with Ms. Gabby and then fought the ex wife for the kids so that he wouldn’t have to pay her child support amoung other things after she loved him when he didn’t have two dimes to rub together and still gave him two kids.

he need to make it official. until then nothing else matters IMO.

10. FloridaGirl says:

At the end of the day I hope that they both understand that what goes around definitley comes around, and around, and around again lol 🙂 just saying people better start believing in KARMA

They will be divorced in 3 years

• Tammy says:

They will be divorced in 3 years
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      FYI: They’re not married.

• Gia says:

They will be divorced in 3 years
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      FYI: They’re not married.
      ____________________

either way they’re doomed…2 cheaters will never work.

They will be divorced in 3 years
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      you have to be married in order to be divorced in 3 years and they’re NOT married.

If she is that wonderful, they need to stop living in sin.

they make a nice couple but would look nicer if they were married.

If you love her so much DWade, then make a honest woman out of her and marry her!!!! then come back and say “she make your eys sparkle” corny ass.

Is Gabby a beautiful home wrecker or what y’all? LMAO!!!!!

They look 2gether tho.

Is Gabby a beautiful home wrecker or what y’all?
      ~~~~~~
      don’t say that @Cameo, she said that rumor almost ruined her career.

• Cameo1 says:

what career?

what career?
      ————-

Like her or hate her she’s an actress with movies to her credit:

*Think like a man
      *Daddy’s little girls
      *The Brother’s
      *Bad Boys II
      *Deliver us from Eva
      *Love and basketball
      *The Honeymooners
      *The Perfect Holiday
      *Cameos on the steve harvey show and family matters.

Just to name a few.

Everybody talkin bout how he cheated and karma…the truth will prove what really happened based upon the outcome of their relationship.

In the meantime they seem happy and good for them.

17. 2Thick says:

“But Dwayne Wade, the two-time NBA champ said, with Gabrielle Union by his side, his life has only gotten a whole lot better.”

And that’s because Gabbie’s pulling his strings. I don’t care that he broke up with Siovaughn I’m just upset at how he’s using the kids and then writing some bullshit book called “Father”.

Negro please!

Gabby’s smart and she’s teaching him how to turn the tables on his ex-wife. Now look, Siovaughn looks crazy and unstable because she lost her boys. I’m telling y’all HOE’s stay winning.

• Tammy says:

***************
      I cosign you

NO ONE

I mean NO ONE goes through attorneys like Kleenex.

Chick, YOU have to pay alllllllllll of those billable hours!! WHERE are you getting that $$$ from?

Siohvaughn is looking hella crazy right about now.

• sane says:

Negro please!
      ___________

I still think a whole lotta this could have been prevented if that nigga woulda been a man about his marriage and not some typical rags-to-riches hollywood pussy-struck athlete.

But at some point Siovaughn is without a doubt responsible for being a fuckin adult too, and goin’ through lawyers like Tiger Woods go through ugly white bitches only makes her case for anything involving D-Wade or those boys hard to take seriously. I wish her the best because she’s the mother of those kids and she lost her husband to the lure of pussy that come with havin’ major money, but life goes on. Learn your position, learn how to let shit go that you can’t control, and master what you can control. But first you gotta get up off the fuckin couch and stop watching Gabby clips on youtube – fuck that bitch…

LOL @ Sane!!!!!
      Remember, we only get to hear ONE SIDE of the story and it’s always from Wade’s point of view or his “sources”.

And believe it or not, people go throw attorneys all the time when they’re not happy or feel they’re not getting the representation they deserve. Wade is a high profile athlete using his PR machine to skew shit in his favor. It seems to be working.

I know that things aren’t always as they seem. This woman didn’t suddenly become crazy. She was his high school sweetheart that he married whom he then went on to have not just one, but TWO children with. She was perfectly “normal” when everything was good, but now she’s become psychologically unhinged during divorce proceedings.

I’m telling y’all HOE’s stay winning.

–> Which is why Gabrielle is somewhere laughing!

• QueenC says:

I’m telling y’all HOE’s stay winning.
      ———
      aw it look like it for right now. but let’s give it some time.

They make a nice couple but shit ain’t always the way it look.

it’s their season so let them be.

20. annonymous says:

so what she went through 12 lawyers still don’t wish these 2 well.

YEAH I HEAR YOU EVERYBODY GOES THROUGH 12 LAWYERS. IT’S A VERY NORMAL OCCURRENCE FOR PEOPLE TO GO THROUGH 12 DIFFERENT LAWYERS DURING DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS AND DWAYNE WADE CAN’T POSSIBLY BE A COMPETENT FATHER BECAUSE BLACK MEN ARE INCAPABLE OF BEING GOOD FATHERS OR PARENTS TO THEIR BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN.

SHE’S DONE NOTHING TO BE CONSIDERED CRAZY AND DWAYNE SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL FOR HIS PART IN MAKING PEOPLE INCLUDING THE JUDGE THINK THAT SHE’S MENTALLY UNSTABLE OR CRAZY. SHE CAN’T POSSIBLY BE CRAZY AND SHE SHOULD BE “MOTHER OF THE YEAR” FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS SHE’S DONE DESPITE HAVING DWAYNE AS A HUSBAND.

HOW DARE US TO BELIEVE THE DOCUMENTED THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN EXPOSED ABOUT THIS WOMAN’S BEHAVIOR AND ACTIONS. DWAYNE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF FOR WANTING TO BE A FATHER AND RESPONSIBLE PARENT TO HIS BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN.

Long time no post @Ms. Bell….thank you.

Then you go and cover a write up about a couple that your readers love to hate. 🙂 Priceless.

22. Cindy says:

gold digging heifer!

• CorporateBitch says:

gold digging heifer!
      ——————-
      I’ve never seen her as a gold digger (she has her own and STILL making her own) nor homewrecker (the marriage was already over even though not divorced). I actually love her and Dwyane together…they seem to have a great relationship.

• Shawnia says:

Don’t get the gold digger part, but she did get in a serious relationship with DWade before the papers were even filed. But who really cares, her acting ok she ain’t no Angela Bassett

23. Crystal says:

“It’s hard because, aside from loving him, I want to protect myself. I’ve built my life. I built my own brand,” said Gabby. “I built my career and my career took a hit from that madness because some people refuse to see the truth, even when it’s presented to them time and time again. I love him but at some point it’s about self preservation.”

the funny thing with her is… She’s delusional and didnt Have much of a brand to begin with Other than Being an Industry bicycle ..”thats how I calls it?”

• Shawnia says:

What brand? A HOE brand?

• Yasha says:

I don’t get all the hate for Gabby. I don’t get why she needed to make this statement either

• Tammy says:

Gabby made that statement? She’s in denial. She knew her brand was equivalent to the GREAT VALUE products at Walmart!!! Palease!

Crystal:
      She said a whole lot of nothing. I don’t really care about her personal decisions, that statement just didn’t make any sense. It didn’t flow in a logical manner.

What the Hell ever Dwayne.

Now this is the bitch that I’m tired of.

Like Nene said, close your legs to married men and you wont have people calling you a homewrecker. It is what it is Gabby

I don’t like her – I won’t ever like her she seems so superficial and untrustworthy and the fact of her being a so called homewrecker didn’t hurt her career its the fact that she isn’t that great at her craft!

28. YES says:

Siohvaughn Funches wrecked that home.

I wish this phony,lame,evil ass chick would just SHUT UP already….

She had a evil aura/spirit..don’t let her pretty face (which is overrated) fool you. I’m good at seeing someones spirit…forget the flesh.

Danny, Alicia, Gabby, Angelina, and so fourth can kick rocks

Daymn Gabby ain’t getting NO love huh 🙂

Some of y’all are a stickler for that separation doesn’t equal divorce. When relationship is over there is not piece of paper that will keep it together.

33. Dana says:

Hey maybe I’m alone here BUT I like Gabby and D-Wade together. It looks like genuine love. If you are separated, you are free to date whoever you like. Some states require you to be seperated for a certain amount of time before you are granted a divorce. You know when your marriage cannot be saved and if that’s the case there is nothing wrong with dating.

Dating a married man whether he is separated or not is never a good look. You out here Ki Kiing with with him while his wife has to watch you two, you carried on a PUBLIC AFFAIR BITCH!!! Papers weren’t even drawn up. You helped to drive that woman mad. condescending Bitch.

I DO NOT like this woman, and I DO see her as a gold digger. She entered this situation while this man was still married and fighting over the custody of his children. To most people, this is a big old red sign that a man is unavailable. If her man was some poor working class dude, still married and fighting his wife for custody of his children; she wouldn’t have anything to do with him. It IS all about the money and the fame.

The real reason I cannot stand this broad is because every time she get’s bad press, she trots out her rape story. She has done this quite a few times. I’m sorry, but rape is not a joke, and something used as a bargaining tool to make folks forgive the other rancid shit you are doing.

Another reason I cannot stand her is because she is one of those folks who went to party the day Whitney died, and whose body was still on the premises. Some people who went, decided to forgo the red carpet in honor of Whitney. She was one of the people cheesing and pimping on down the red carpet. I cannot stand her.

I DO NOT like this woman, and I DO see her as a gold digger
      she has her own she’s just gonna make sure it’s double or nothing.

Yeah they make a nice couple and he’s still somebody else’s husband. And for that, alot of women hate Gabby’s arse.

37. Applebottom says:

they make a nice couple.

day 2 and gabby still ain’t gettin no luv.

live, love and the pursuit of happiness. and what matters is, they’re happy.

Dwade got a mean game, a sweet carreer and a fyne ass lady.

Nice couple YES!!! But you cannot find or have happiness at the expense of someone else’ hurt. and Siovaughn went batshit crazy cause she’s hurt.

• 2Thick says:

you cannot find or have happiness at the expense of someone else’ hurt.
      *****************

Cosign!!!!

Gabby’s a beautiful chick and parading her around with a “very public” affair is like pouring salt in a wound. They on magazine covers n shit how ex-wifey spose to feel? plus that same pretty bitch round her chirren, y’all can say what you want too but that’s got to be hard. Put yourself in that girl’s shoes it’s a fucked up sitiation.

• 2Thick says:

*********

i’s cosign to the 110th degree!!!

It is rumored that this relationship stemed from an affair while DWade was still married. To be on the front of magazine covers together and flaunting this bitch around in public is str8 WRONG. Gabby was screwing this man while he was still married, she just sat her sneaky ass in the background. now that he’s divorced it’s open season to rub “this relationship” in Siovaughn’s face. I hope they both get waht’s coming. Just like Angelina HoLee will, AKeys, Fantasia and every other married Ho screwing around out here.

from reading most of the comments here. i can say Gabby is not liked cause of this.