Was Rodney King Murdered? Neighbors say they heard “commotion” at his home

June 18, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Neighbors of Rodney King, the man whose videotaped beating by LAPD officers sparked the LA Riots, say they heard a “commotion” coming from his Rialto, California home the night before he was found dead Sunday morning.

According to TMZ sources, King’s fiancée Cynthia Kelley found him at the bottom of his pool Sunday. He was pronounced dead at 6:11 AM.

Law enforcement sources say Rialto PD will open a drowning investigation, but so far there are no signs of foul play.

Neighbor Sandra Garcia told the LA Times she heard the sounds of sobbing coming from the home Saturday night. “There was a lot of moaning and crying,” she said.

Another neighbor, Bob Carlberg, said he heard “yelling back and forth. I couldn’t quite make it out.”

Police found the 47-year-old King lying motionless at the bottom of the pool.

Ms. Kelley, who was a member of the jury that awarded King $3.8 million in a settlement, told friends she awoke to the sound of King yelling in the backyard. He had been drinking all day and smoking weed.

She said he was naked and banging on the glass. But she didn’t get up to see what the commotion was. Later she said she heard a loud splash.

Kelley dialed 911 at 5:11 a.m. to report King was at the bottom of the pool. Police arrived within minutes and dived into the pool to retrieve King’s body.

The acquittal of four LAPD officers accused in the videotaped beating of King sparked the 1992 Los Angeles riots that left 53 dead and thousands more injured. 4,000 National Guardsmen were called out to help put an end to 6 days of violence and looting.

King, who had past convictions for assault, battery and robbery, made an impassioned plea to rioters, included his now famous quote: “Can’t we all just get along?”

In 2009 King was awarded $3.8 in a settlement for violating his civil rights. He became engaged to one of the jurors who awarded him the money. In 2007 King was shot multiple times in the face, arms, back and torso during a domestic dispute.

50 thoughts on “Was Rodney King Murdered? Neighbors say they heard “commotion” at his home

This is a sad situation wither way,However if he was murdered will they ever get it right?

Was Gary Coleman murdered,I think so,however authorities didnt look into the situation much. *How tragic for Rodney* R.I.P.

I didn’t think much of it, but when I relayed his fiance’s story to hubby his response was, “He was murdered.” Now that her story has changed several times and the neighbors heard a commotion I’m suspicious myself. Her story never made sense.

3. UnpredictableMe says:

Hope they get to the bottom of this.
    He lived such a tragic life.

what a drama filled life.

But whoever found him obviously didnt care for him. Wouldnt you try to get in the pool to get your loved one out? Thats a natural instinct

I’m not penniless and I can’t afford a home with a pool. How’d he do it? And from what they said on the news this morning, he lived in that house for 10 years.

• Acquitta says:

Hey at Bird
      I’m trying to figure how he ended up broke? I thought he won a 15 million settlement? It’s not like folks don’t kill over insurance policies.

• FloridaGurl says:

____________________________

@Bird maybe he paid for it in full with the settlement? that yard doesnt look like its in the back of a really expensive home, even for Cali

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

@ Bird…When he was on celebrity rehab, I think he said he was able to purchase the house from the settlement but it was not in good condition by the time he made it on celebrity rehab Dr.Drew hired people to make it livable again.

• Lexy says:

Bird

I am a firm believer in covering ur tracks….

I don’t put anything past anybody in the pursuit of financial gain….

Her (the fiance’s) story doesn’t make sense to me…

• FloridaGurl says:

@Mrs

I thought about that too…but maybe she just didn’t want to touch the body, you know in case that would fuck up the crime scene or something…

#silverlining

• Aceman says:

Something in the milk ain’t clean y’all.

was Rodney King murdered?

Could be….if my fiance drowned I would not be speaking to TMZ talkin bout well he’d been drinking and smoking etc….

She mighta thought he had some money left she could claim….

And can she swim?? Did she try and save him?

************************

Supposedly it’s her friends talking to TMZ. I was thinking she needs to talk to them herself instead of letting her friends make all the money off the deal.

Heard about this while I was watching a few episodes of Good Times

This right here is straight sad 😦

9. Tammy says:

JUST SAD..MONEY DONT BRING NO FUKN HAPPINESS 😦

“Ms. Kelley, who was a member of the jury”

That shit right there? ^^^

There is a NAME for it…its called…

Conflict
    Of
    Interest

When I first heard he had hooked up with her a few years back I was like “this bitch want some of that settlement money”

• Cameo1 says:

keisha,
      so chick was a member of the jury, saw rodney got a come up and went after him for the money huh? sounds suspect.

• keisha says:

—————————————-
      Exactly Cameo., i guess Rodney thought she was “for him” because the jury awarded him the money. you don’t hook up with people who may possibly have a hidden agenda. he was uber dumb for that. SMH.

Why not get ya ass up to see what the commotion was about?? I wonder what she is hiding.?

• keisha says:

Why not get ya ass up to see what the commotion was about??
      ——————-

cosign!!!! i wonder if she wishes she would have now? if my man was banging on the door anything could have been wrong with him, i would have answered.

12. LuLu says:

Even if I was mad at hubby I wouldn’t have him outside naked banging on the door.

somethin somethin in the milk aint clean

R.I.P. Mr. King!

Either she’s lying or he had episodes like this all the time when he smoked & drinked?

—————————————————
    You let my man be outside nakkid and then banging on the sliding glass door. Imma have alot of questions for him.

Babe why you naked, outisde… is at the top of the list.
    WTF going ON…is question number two.
    Why your drunk/smoked out azz not in here laying down someplace rounds the list out.

How did I know there would be speculation behind his death….very unfortunate!!! I must admit the circumstances sound suspicious, but I don’t think much will be done in reference to an actual investigation…..so sad none the less.

Good evening CEO Family

______________________________________________________________

Was this young lady white? cause something ain’t right

• XMen says:

Was this young lady white? cause something ain’t right
      ——-
      Nah that bitch ain’t white she’s as black as the sole under my damn shoes.

_________________________________________________

Damn so this man survived a horrific beating, being shot multiple times including in the face, but eventually succumbed to drowning??? WTF!

Damn.

• Pinky says:

—————
      yep, folks like Rodney King who survived the worst violence in life will die of drowning, infection, falling down the stairs, or being stung by a stingray…

She was probably use Rodney doing shit like this. sad 😦

20. Cindy says:

I just want to know why this broad keeps running to TMZ and giving them information. that seems suspect as hail.
    especially since the man has been dead for only 24 hours. something in the water ain’t clean. no pun intended

Did they say he was a good swimmer? hmmmm…

How long does it take one to sink To the bottom of a pool?

• Lexy says:

How long does it take one to sink To the bottom?
      _________________________________________

That’s what I was wondering. Do people not float anymore?

Ion get in the water too much so I don’t know these things.

• Ionna says:

How long does it take one to sink To the bottom?
      _________________________________________

I think floating starts after they have been dead for a while
      In the beginning they sink to the bottom and then float afterwards.

Also it deals with how big you are as well.

Hey to my CEO peepals

So sad to have passed on Father’s Day

Hey y’all
    :Hi:

26. SueWee says:

we gone get down to botton of this here

we gone get down to botton of this here
      —————————————
      @Suewee… the fiance is lying her azz off.

She changing her story more than the hoe who said them Duke lacrosse players raped her.

The end.

• suewee says:

we gone get down to botton of this here
      —————————————
      @Suewee… the fiance is lying her azz off.

The end.
      ************

I seriously can’t understand why she didn’t run to his aide…was the door locked when he started banging and why would you got to sleep knowing he’s wondering around drunk and disoriented. story just doesn’t make sense.

• keisha says:

story just doesn’t make sense.
      —————–
      @Sue,
      no it doesn’t but i’m not surprised esp. if she’s lying. can’t wait till it’s determind how he wound up at the bottom of his pool.

It’s hard to swimm really well when you is FUCKKKKKKED UP!

I told my mama yesterday that something was wrong with this story. What I can’t comprehend is why she ignored him banging on the door screaming at 5 in the morning, 😦 somebody coulda been after him.

why didn’t she try to pull him out when she heard him fall in? None of this makes sense. And his children lost their father on Father’s Day of all days I just want the truth to come out cause Rodney had a hard life, 😦 he shouldn’t have died this way.

29. Tammy says:

“Ms. Kelley, who was a member of the jury that awarded King $3.8 million in a settlement, told friends she awoke to the sound of King yelling in the backyard.”

Questions;

How they hook up?
    ~Did she make money from interviews for being a juror?
    ~How long were they together?
    ~Did they have any prior domestic disputes?
    ~Why didn’t the neighbors call 5-0 if they heard a ruckus?
    ~Why was he naked and banging on the door?
    ~Did she lock him out the house?
    ~Why didn’t she see what was going on and immediately act or call police?

30. Pointman says:

did anyone believe he died from drowning? seriously? when I first heard the story my immediate thought was ‘who killed him?’ his story was well broadcasted and sensationalized, not to mentioned re-visited about 2-3 weeks ago at the 20 year anniversary of it all.

OAN: RIP Rodney
    Praying that his family and children are strong…

it all sounds suspect to me….that’s why you marry people you trust.

R.I.P. Rodney.

Dayum somebody killed Rodney? Hope not..