Ohio Pastor Puts Stripper Pole In His Pulpit

April 3, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Pastor Mike Scruggs (pictured above) has brought the pole, along with a bed, into the Light of Word Ministries in White Oak, Ohio, as part of his new sermon series all about sex and “the people” are packing out his pews.

On one side of the pulpit Pastor Scruggs has placed the stripper pole, video games and sports equipment to represent what men desire.

The Pastor has paid attention to the details – by scattering dollar notes, lacy lingerie and killer high heels at the base of the neon pink pole.

With his stage suitably set up, Pastor Scruggs plans to inform his larger-than-usual congregation of the best bedroom practices, including how to keep intimacy alive and how to maintain trust in relationships. His clearest tip is for married couples to enjoy more sex as he urges them the challenge of having intercourse for a seven days straight.

Right now we’re having single people having too much sex and married people not having enough sex,’ the pastor told Fox19. ‘We talk about sex. We talk about drugs. We talk about faith. We talk about relationships… things that people are dealing with on a day-to-day basis.

Source

93 thoughts on “Ohio Pastor Puts Stripper Pole In His Pulpit

1. acquittap says:

Scandalous for so early in the morning 🙂

2. 2thick4you says:

Morning Ceo ers…Pastor got a lil bit of FREAK in em. *side eye*

3. floridagirl says:

I hope he’s encouraging the congregation to be using birth control too.

4. Yes says:

What in the SAM HELL????!!!??!!!
    Stripper pole and bed in the pulpit? he’s really pushing the envelope. I’m sorry but some of these fools just wasn’t called to PREACH* there is a time and a place for everything and this is a bit extreme IMO.

His message is packing OUT the church! Guess that was his goal. Talk about ‘SEX’ and the people will come.

HALLELUJAH! Can I get an “Amen!” somebody?

Well it’s about time!
    Atleast somebody’s talking about it, most of the time Pastors AVOID talking about it because they have issues with it themselves.

JESUS!!!!
    Religion in America – make it up as you go along.
    LORD HAVE MERCY!!!

“Let’s talk about sex, baby
    Let’s talk about you and me
    Let’s talk about all the good things
    And the bad things that may be
    Let’s talk about sex
    Let’s talk about sex
    Let’s talk about sex
    Let’s talk about sex”

What I wanna know is, IS HIS MESSAGE/SERMON TELEVISED???
    HAIL I wanna HEAR IT!

Ooh that pole look like the one in my bedroom. You on point Pastor!!! 🙂 LOL

12. Ebony says:

So Out Of Control 😦
    Church Is Not A Joke People! It’s A Serious Matter & God Is Not Pleased With This Type Of Foolishness.

I Take It This Pastor Know A Lot About Stripping…

Calm down Ebony:
      I think it depends on the message and I don’t think that the Pastor is out of line. Sometimes it takes extreme measures to get people to Church. And this pastor has certainly done that !!!

• Ebony says:

Calm down Ebony:
      ~~~~~~~
      You are certainly entitled to your opinion but this is MY OPINION and he’s OUT OF LINE!!!! We worship God in Spirit and in TRUTH NOT FLESH!!!!!!!!!

I don’t mind using original ideas to get people in the pews of the church, but a stripper pole and a bed?!!!!! Is going a little too far.

Oh well, churches have used the holier than thou methods of teaching Christians for years and as a result lives are still not changed. In fact we have become professional church goers with mastery of church etiquette and such, but our real lives remain out of order… Maybe if more preachers would teach on real issues lives may actually be changed for the better… Remember it was the religious folks that hated Jesus.

God is HOLY!!!! He doesn’t change. Married couples can read in Corinthians about each other’s role. If we are in the Spirit (and God is Spirit) and we focus on God, our lives are truly transformed when we keep our mind on HIM. All these things will be added unto us.

God is HOLY!!!! He doesn’t change. Married couple can read in Corinthians about each other’s role. If we are in the Spirit (and God is Spirit) and we focus on God, our lives are truly transformed when we keep our mind on HIM. All these things will be added unto us.
      ——————
      Only one thing WRONG with your theory Rezzie, we ain’t all married. So what we ‘single folk’ spose to do stay celibate 4ever??? UNREALISTIC Boo Boo. Like the pastor said: More singles having sex than the married.

From some of these comments so far, this convo gon be heated. *grabs popcorns and goes back to lurk mode.

Preachers should be preachin .. the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Point.Blank.period.

Really? I thouht “The church” was suppose to deal with the WHOLE man not half.

• Yasha says:

Really? I thouht “The church” was suppose to deal with the WHOLE man not half.
      ———
      a stripper pole and a bed are just PROPS to support his sermon and delve the people’s interest. adoesn’t make it right and i don’t agree with it.

• Natasha says:

This topic seem to be rubbing some of y’all the wrong way. Not too many “LIKES” on this topic I see.

• keisha says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Please!!!! The TRUTH in any form will always SET ONE FREE!!!!!

Hm, so the pastor got the pole on the pulpit? is he degrading women or what? I mean women are the ones who ride the pole for money. So where does the man fit into the equation of his sermon about sex? Is he saying that “only women entice men” when they ride the pole? And I don’t see WTF the basketball on the bed have to do with it either? I’m curious about his message and if it makes sense. I mean c’mon I know we in a new day and time, but is he only looking at women on this issue or what?

I do prefer true Word teaching over religion. And I believe something like this might be okay to reach out to certain people. Sometimes you have to come down to their level to reach them and not worry about acting “too saved” to NOT know what really goes on in the world.
    Most of the people probably showed up expecting something freaky to go down, not expecting to get a Word, and just plain ignore the “Jesus” part of the sermon. So it’s a really touchy subject/situation where a pastor would TRULY have to receive a word from God; to teach like this. I hope this pastor didn’t just do it because he wanted too.

JESUS CHRIST wanna get into y’all’s heart, mind, and soul not ya bed and He shole don’t wanna do it by no stripper pole either.

Jesus said: My Temple will be called a house of prayer,’ but you have turned it into a den of thieves! And this Pastor is trying to turn it into a DEN OF HOE’S

W.T.H. is this world coming to SICK!!

22. CDawg says:

Oh well…..Right now, we are a radical nation. Who needs a radical word. I don’t support what the Pastor has done with the pole and bed as his props, nor do I condemn him. That is for the Lord of Host to do not me.

23. alscream says:

Let that preacher man PREACH!!!!~ right now this generation is out of control and you have more preachers, pastors and teachers, etc. in the strip club than you do in the Household of Faith. So if this nigga causes one sinner to get saved, he’s done his job.

• Acquitta says:

*********
      So true, look at the teacher turned cheerleader who had SEX with her 16 y.o. student and now on house arrest. you know she’s an OUT of control HO cause she’s married 9 months now getting a divorce. when the thrill is gone she is too.

• Adam says:

Acquitta,
      she look so innocent in court in her black dress and less than “i’m a freak” outfit/look. Now she all in the news.

24. keisha says:

Why not talk about sex in the pulpit? Esp. since you prbably got some FREAKS in the pews. I like a church where the pastor ain’t afraid to TIPTOE around the real issue. That’s why folk ain’t gettin saved now cause they ashamed to deal with their WHOALITIES out in the open in order for deliverance to come.

I say, as long as he is not making a mockery out of the Word of God or Blaspheming against it than what harm has he done?

The scripture declares to beware of itching ears, but plenty of us go to the church every week, hear the Word of God but continue to live a sinful life. It states that “if any man says that he has no sin, than we make the Word of God a lie and the truth is not in you”. Be careful how we spew such words about a man/woman of God. We see what he has done, but God knows why he has done it.

26. FloridaGirl says:

I know this seems strange that a pastor would go this far to get a message across. However, we don’t know what his message is but he sure has gotten more attention as a result of his effort. Good for him.

Right on Pastor. Some young peole are lost and the church has to wake up and do something different in this day and age. Don’tjudgeme*

Let’s think about the message, people get so caught up on things and fail to hear the message.
    the pole and other visuals are real life things going on in our society today, its just a reality.

29. Mrs. says:

Wow!!!!
    So if ministers can’t keep it real on real issues, we leave the streets to teach about the real issues, when the church should be addressing “the real isues” anyway.
    Realtalk#

I applaud this pastor for keeping it real at any cost. Seems like the topic of SEX has gotten the attention of his members. so if he reaches one God is pleased. Can’t knock his method.

Kudo to Pastor Scruggs, you talkin bout sex my azz would be front and center. I ain’t gon LIE! 😉

This shit ratt here. LOL

let me read what y’all said about this !!

34. Anonymous says:

Ummm ok dis is why I stay my azz out of churches…yep!

THIS PASTOR GOT HIS GAME GOING OH WELL, WHATEVA WORKS…GOES BACK TO LURKING…

36. cameo says:

Pastor makin it freaky in the pulpit. wonder what we gon talk about today?

C’mon Trace let’s get crackin.

C’mon Trace let’s get crackin.
      ———
      Yeah I’m ready to change the conversation too Cameo.

Good Morning.
    I’m LMMFAO @ some of these comments. Wow!!!
    I’m already shocked that the pastor got the bed and the pole in his pulpit but wow, just wow is all i got for now.

where dis church at? hell I wanna be FRONT & CENTER for this sermon. is he preaching with any sistahs on the pole???

Thta’s right I’m late and tryna catch up in here.