‘The Game’s’ Season Premiere Last Night., was Garbage!

January 11, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

The highly anticipated season 5 of BET’s scripted series The Game premiered last night, and the reactions to the show were mixed but in my opinion, last night’s show was garbage!

The Game’s director Bille Woodruff decided to take the show in a slightly different direction from the past 4 seasons. For starters, the show was lost without the wit and dead-on comedic timing of the sexy Brittany Daniels (Kelly Pitts).

Director Woodruff decided to water down the intensely independent Tasha Mack (played by Wendy Raquel Robinson, above right), and give her more emotions and feelings. And just to make sure we understood that Tasha Mack’s character has grown (and is no longer funny), Kanye West’s anemic single “Lost In The World” played annoyingly in the background of her scenes (Oh it was so annoying).

The newest addition to the cast, Brandy Norwood, left, added absolutely nothing to the show as bartender Chardonnay. Her faux hood character was extra, annoying, over-the-top and the scenes with her and Coby Bell (Jason Pitts) dragged to a crawl.

I wasn’t impressed with last night’s show but let’s see if it’ll get better.

53 thoughts on “‘The Game’s’ Season Premiere Last Night., was Garbage!

Been waiting all day for this one!

I personally thought the premiere sucked, until the end. I was bored. I’m really bored with Malik’s whole love life with a addict. The only reason why I watch it, is for Melanie and Derwin. I thought it could have been a little better. Something has been off with it since it left CW network ( I believe thats the name) lol

3. FloridaGurl says:

Tracy,
    The premiere was all over the place, I hope it gets better

• EbonyEyes says:

I loved it!
      It was all over the place but oh well, I’ve been waiting for this to come back since it left.

I dont watch this show and won’t start to again!

*relief*

So happy to see others say they dont watch it. I mean I could (if they could act and the script was actually good) and I think Tasha Mack? can be funny but for realz.

• EbonyEyes says:

I rather watch this then reality shows..at least I KNOW this is scripted

5. Crystal says:

didn’t watch. i’d rather talk about the cosby show

It was a waste of my time, but I was too lazy to find the remote control. Followed by the even dummber show that followed it.

Has not seen ONE episode of this

It was ok but it was also was the first episode but I will continue to support it

• Angelhair says:

Im sure everything will unfold as the show progresses. I want Kelly back ! I want Ray J’s sister to go back to where she came from, ion like to look at her

Hey 🙂 everybody!

Can I just say that I do not like this badly written, poorly acting show. 🙂

Said it once and I promise not to fill future posts with that same sentiment, over and over and over. #thoughtful

• Crystal says:

Can I just say that I do not like this badly written, poorly acted show.
      ___________

the killing part is that its the same writers and actors from when it was on CW. Maybe they are trying to push the show in a new directions but why fix something thats not broke

Ok where do I start? This shyt was a fuxkin mess 🙂 Kelly was not missed last night and the writing was awful. What are they trying to do to Melanie? She is all drama now and is she ever going to practice? It was definitely all over the place

Melanie and Derwin got married on the day DJ was born so it was their anniversary. BET didn’t mention that it was their anniversary. Instead they focused on a made up abortion that did NOT happen. I am mad they just want to “fix” Jason and give him a black wife.
    Bring Kelly Pitts back!!!!!!!!!

• Pretty says:

Bring Kelly Pitts back!!!!!!!!!
      —————————-
      riiiiiiight!!! they got married in the hospital after Janay had the baby so why wasnt their anniversary mentioned at all?

• Ms. Kayla says:

________________________

You are correct. I totally forgot about that. They need to get it together.

I don’t get all the hype about this show at all

• Shawnia says:

I don’t get all the hype about this show at all
      __________________

That’s because you missed the first 3 seasons, which were the best.

• FloridaGurl says:

I don’t get all the hype about this show at all

————————————

It use to actually be good, until BET picked it up. I will continue to support but im hoping it gets better.

Why did Raquel WIG/WEAVE look like she just got finished hunching? HOT MESS!

15. Ms. Kayla says:

I was cracking up when Tasha Mack asked what kind of lotion did the addict use when she was passed out on the floor! lmao oh Tasha Mack.

I liked it…

Can’t wait until the storylines unfold…

17. Pretty says:

but they still wont tell us how Derwin found out about McHottie tho!!!

18. Tabatha says:

Welp, I didn’t get to see this last night, but it’ll be on again before the week is out!

19. Tabatha says:

Kelly was not missed last night

• ManUp says:

Kelly was not missed last night
      __________________

Speak for yourself, please.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

OAN: Kelly Pitts was NOT missed. Her character was so uncalled for and over the top in the last season.

Kelly was not missed last night
        __________________
        I dont miss what they turned Kelly into last season. She was just too thirsty. Brandy’s role didnt fit her either

• Jamilla says:

I think the old Kelly Pitts was missed. I watched some of the old episodes when they were playing the marathon and realized how much better it used to be …

All I want to know is how Derwin found out about Dr Mchottie

21. Cindy says:

God forgive me, but that baby’s head was all over the place.
    Mealanie was all over the place.
    Brandy look a little boy in drag.
    Tash Mack look like she needed to go to wig rehab….

• EbonyEyes says:

Yeah that wig on Wendi Raquel was missing something on the left side…

• Dana says:

Yeah that wig on Wendi Raquel was missing something on the left side…

*******************
        🙂 lol….I peeped that out myself. Like her sides gone and chit

And why is Brit Brat 25 now

23. Dana says:

The drama was way too rushed last night. I almost couldnt keep up

All I can say is that Janay gets on my nerves!!!

I would love to put in her place with a jab to her face!!!

Other than that, I hope they make Derwin and Melanie relationship better. I am sick of all this drama. I want to laugh like I used to do when I watched it.

Jason had me giggling last night. I don’t know if I would slap him or dap him!!

25. Crystal says:

i watched it before it moved to BET. kinda stopped after derwin was cheating and got that chick pregnant. but i think they’re following a formula. most shows are ratchet and drama filled.

_______________

That’s when I stopped watching it too because Derwin was treating Melanie like dog crap. Derwin still doesn’t treat her any better, yet they write Melanie to just sit there and take it. I think that is what gave me a bad taste in my mouth with this show….Derwin having the baby with that skank Janae….I think that’s part of the reason I can’t stand Janae on “Welcome to Sweetie Pies”.

Do this show even mention the fact that it used to be centered on the fact that the dudes played professional football?
    WTF happened?

• Danny says:

——————————————————–
      nope, I cant even recall the last time they even played Football

I was disappointed in this ep. It was all over the place and I really hope the story line gets better

Did anybody else see nappy lil blonde hair in the kona area of that cheap azz wig?

thanks for the previews; I wasn’t able to catch it and now I know that I didn’t miss much. I may tryin to catch the encore for the last 30 seconds though. You can almost tell how the show is going to go. Derwin has been with the Sabres for a minute and he probably won’t be the same humble person he was in the beginning because he’s getting a good dose of the lifestyle now. I had a problem with the direction of Melanie’s character last season though. She parlayed her dreams of becoming a doctor to try and have a baby because Janay had one; she is becoming too whiney and needy and I really need for her to get a backbone and a clue.

29. KatMan says:

Well I thought it was good… you can’t have everything.
    IMO the shait was never gonna be like ER or some shit like that.
    I take it for what it is.. Lets stay together was okay too.
    its a lil quirky but i’m good with it… Plus that dark chic is sexy as hell on there.

NO COMMENT

Does that Tyler Perry show “For Better or Worse” still come on on Fridays??

This first episode was WHACKED and all over the place. I’m mad at the fact that Brit Brat’s age changes dramatically with every new season. 😦 WTF All of a sudden she looks like a 25 year old chain smoker..