LeBron James Proposed To The Mother Of His Sons

January 2, 2012 by The ReadyWriter

Happy New Year Ceo Family!!!!

After eight years and 2 boys, LeBron James rang in the New Year with a marriage proposal to longtime girlfriend Savannah Brinson. I’m a little disappionted because they were already engaged, this special occasion should have been a wedding instead. They’ve lived as husband and wife, so why not skip the engagement antics and make it legally official?

Brinson and James are high-school sweethearts since St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School in Akron, Ohio.

LeBron turned 27 on Friday, and in addition to the engagement, Saturday night’s bash also featured the kind of extravagant birthday cake that you’d expect at a party thrown by King James, a towering rum cake adorned with edible 18-carat lions and Swarovski crystals.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

122 thoughts on “LeBron James Proposed To The Mother Of His Sons

“I’m a little disappionted because they were already engaged, this special occasion should have been a wedding instead. They’ve lived as husband and wife, so why not skip the engagement antics and make it legally official?”

Trace you know how niggas do? They fuck and play house 1st b4 they get to the altar. only the ken’s and the becky’s of this world, do things in order.

@Sane,
      I Cosign!!!!! ~~~…….We have it confused in our community. Marriage is LESS of a commitment than children. Why applaud LeBron for something he should have done two kids ago?

BTW, word has it, his marketing/management team was pushing for this one.

• Shawnia says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

@Nicole, you absolutely hit the nail on the head.
        My New Year Prayer for them is that it’s really their time and that LeBron leaves his womanizing ways behind him.

• CoCo says:

@Nicole and…Shawnia,

Right on the money…

When will we stop and check ourselves. Really take the time to look at ourselves and the way we think and proceed in this world re commitment, marriage and children. It is time well spent.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

BTW, word has it, his marketing/management team was pushing for this one.
        —————–
        Nicole, it doesn’t look good for a professional black man to be rich with 2 kids and shaking up. his white management team needed him to clean it up a bit. But Bron should~a stepped his game way up and married her. Damn an engagement!!!

• Wanda says:

**********
      @Sane, I agree…
      What other community embraces having babies before marriage as being normal.

• Danny says:

GTFOH!!!! Single motherhood is not just a black thing.

You got Brad and Angelia, Matt McConaughey, Kate Hudson, Kimberly Stewart, Natalie Portman, Kourtney Kardashian, Bridget Moynahan, Heidi Klum (first child), Jamie Spears, and Jessica Simpson to name a few? Stupid comes in all races people.

• Natasha says:

Danny, I agree, the bottom line: women need to raise their standard of living.

• Ashanti says:

Danny,
        All the women you named COULD/CAN afford to have children without marriage because they have superior incomes. It still doesn’t make it right but these women don’t require government welfare to function. Without Lebron James funding her lifestyle this woman wouldn’t be able to afford milk and eggs, let alone a house. All she has is a high school diploma, nothing else. So miss me with that racism bullshyt. How many black women you know who can afford to have kiddies out of wedlock pay for childcare, mortgage-rent, car, and not receive some sort of assistance? I saw a Health and human services report and black women are overwhelmingly receiving some form of government assistance!!!

• Danny says:

Ashanti,
        At the end of the day its morals, character, and values over money. And there are more white people living off government assistance programs than blk women! Stop being ignorant and learn the real facts. Single-parenting affects all races and social economic lifestyles, not just Blacks.

Happy New Year Miss Tracy and everyone!! 🙂

I am happy for the newly engaged couple!!

Merry New Year Ceo Fam!!

Congrats to LeBron and Savannah! That’s wonderful news.

I like seeing these REAL Basketball Wives. Go Ladies!! Keep reappin that real deal!

WTF does Lebron have on?

Congrats LeBron and Savannah!!! I LOOOVE the Miami Heat players especially LeBron!!! GOOOO HEAT!!!

congrats bron bron

9. DaisyDukes says:

Happy New Year to all!!

CONGRATS to the happy couple, my cousin got engaged last night as well love is in the air 🙂

Lord, people have the hardest time just saying Congratulations. They have to make a speech, be mean and say all kinds of stuff like their lives are so perfect and every decision they made in relationships is 100. SMH…

• Ionna says:

CoSign~~

• BrownGirl says:

********************************************************
      🙂 Congrats LeBron and Savannah. There I said it!!! and will also say, he’s 8 years and 2 babies too late!!!

awww congrats to them.

🙂

Happy New Year everyone.

Just to be clear, I think Savannah deserves everything LeBron can give her and more like … ‘fidelity’.

13. Tabatha says:

YES! get that ring girl!!!!

Congrats to them! I wish them even more years of happiness.

Welp Lebron…that’s the only way you’ll get a ring…..just sayin

16. Dana says:

I agree with you Tracy, but I feel she caught him in something and he’s stalling for time. The ole “emergency” engagement ploy….I mean really they’ve been together since hi school and already have two kids…engagements were a get to know you more intimately and start to blend our lives period…they’ve already been doing that for years. A real surprise would have been to fly her out to Vegas and take the vows…it’s past time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. WISHING ALL PEACE AND HAPPINESS.

That’s a shame……all of this falsity for show.

The most blessed families are those lucky enough to have celebrated together, without all of the spotlights, bling, false love, and ill-devotion……LeBron needs to accomplish something so he proposed.

19. Crystal says:

Wow, this is really romantic. I really believe they make a beautiful couple. May the New year bring a wedding and prosperity for their family.

• 2Thick4U says:

Chile please!!!………I don’t see nothing romantic about having two kids and NOT already being married. Lebron should have took this step years ago- stop gasing them

• Crystal says:

A New Years eve proposal surrounded by family and close friends? If that’s not romantic, then i need to upgrade my views on engagements. I do however get your point that he should have married her a while back. Some men need time to figure it out.

• 2Thick4U says:

Some men need time to figure it out.
        ———————————————–

TRUE!!! But I think I woulda kept my legs closed after the 1st one until he figured shit out why buy the cow, y’all know the rest!!!

• Acquitta says:

LOL!!! 🙂 I agree 2Thick,
        They should have “figure that out” before they started procreating with someone they’re unsure of.

• AnnaB says:

Thank you …why have multiple children with her and NOT be sure she’s the one?

I heard Savannah came from a wealthy 2 parent family. I still don’t think people should be having kids before marriage, he should have married her after the first son was born.

Gee…I wonder if he’ll get a prenup; unlike Kobe did???

Happy New Year and Congrats to them!!!!!

After 8+ years of dating and two kids running around, its about damn time!!!

24. FloridaGurl says:

Happy New Year to Our Blog Queen and all my fellow Ceo Bloggers.

Congratulations to LeBron and his longtime GF!!! I think that after 8 years and 2 kids, he should have married her. You get engaged when you are slowly getting to know a person, not while playing house.

25. Pretty says:

FINALLY!!! Great news!!! I’m so happy for Savannah and I am glad LeBron was smart and married the woman who was there from the beginning. He didn’t run off with no gold digging hussy. Good for them!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Side note….
    This year will be a great year, I can feel it. So excited!

Happy New Year!!!!!

• Shawnia says:

I’ll congratulate her for hanging in there and sticking with him, but this is something he should have done before their first child was born. Hope they have a great life together.

YAY! I’m glad he’s marrying her and not some thristy groupie. She seems to be real and down to earth!!

Ok so they didn’t do it the traditional way but atleast they’re hopefully really going to do it!!!! get married that is…

I know she’s happy, but the thrill is also gone. She must be exhausted. It took all these years and 2 kids? That’s probably why she’s crying.

• BBallen says:

—————-
      STHU!!! 🙂 When you love someone the thrill is never gone!!!!

• Lexy says:

*************

DAYUM @ GIA, How do you know the thrill is gone? and/or that she’s exhausted? and that she’s crying because it took all these years and 2 kids to get a ring?
        Not every relationship works the way YOU think… and if I’m not wrong, it was never reported that they were not in love after ALL THESE YEARS..

I’m just glad she’s brown skin and fully black, u know how some black guys get when they get money, since they are so brainwashed.

30. Anonymous says:

Funny thing is, we all suspect that Lebron has cheated on her many times, yet she chooses to accept this proposal. I would call her an immoral, borderline prostitute that desperately needs a man to quantify her worth. But that’s just me…

Congrat to the James Family.

Black love is beautiful!!!

Happy New Year Fam!!!

33. Al-scream says:

This chick is FAITHFUL to his cash flow. And the only reason they were HS sweethearts is because he was a prospect. If he was Lebron the school bus driver, I doubt she would’ve stuck in there this long – but what the fuck do I know.

Congrats!!! and finally

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Also, I don’t blame him for waiting 10 years to marry, I rather wait 10 years too to see if the guy I’m with is marriage material. With all the divorces going on in the sports and entertainment world, they did the good thing by waiting.

NOW IF DIDDY WOULD MAN UP AND PROPOSE TO KIM, THAT WOULD REALLY BE A SHOCKER..NIGGAS NEED TO STOP PLAYIN HOUSE.

• Ashanti says:

——————

cosign

37. BigBelly says:

they’re getting married, that is beautiful.
    me and trace 2012.

they’re getting married, that is beautiful.
      me and trace 2012.
      ———————-
      2012 and you still trippng.

Congratulations!!!!…Beautiful couple!!!!.

good 4 them

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MS. BELL 🙂

I’m happy for you Savannah girl – it took a long time….and to all the other baby-mama’s out there…this AIN’T the way to do this…really, it’s not.

42. ELovely says:

I’m glad he did the right thing by Savannah & the children

I wish them all the best. God bless!!

Happy New Year everyone. Tracy I missed you 🙂

44. Spice_Girl says:

I’m happy and everything for them….BUT, it’s about time!

That’s great….that is what he should have done esp. if she is a great woman.

46. UnpredictableMe says:

Heyyyyyyyyy Yall!!!!!! Happy New Year

47. Ms. Kayla says:

Hey everybody 🙂 Hope your holiday was great!

BEFORE I GET to the WORD of the day….

your beloved president ( the one who works for the anti-christ agenda ) signed into law
    ( while you all were being distracted by so-called ” new years celebrations ” ) the NDAA bill on Dec 31st, 2011….

this gives ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT SECTORS the unrestrained right to ARREST YOU, LOCK YOU UP INDEFINITELY, OR KILL YOU; ALL WITHOUT ANY TRIAL WHATSOEVER!!!

Look it up for yourself….

Oh lawd… *sighs*

• BBallen says:

I was looking at the NDAA bill and you can’t just blame the president.. it was the entire senate also.. USA is becoming the USSR..

• Rezzie says:

there is always something to learn from the Bible tho!

I’m reading up on the NDAA bill…While it’s not as bad as some are saying it is not that good either. It’s just the next step after Bush’s Patriot Act and I’m sure there’s more to come no matter who comes into power this election year.

• HarlemGirl says:

Interesting…I read the NDAA bill, and it clearly refers to actions related to aiding terroristic behavior, not plain martial law…read the bill for yourselves, knowledge is power

• Shawnia says:

Looks like the NDAA bill “significantly expands the government’s detention authority, authorizes the detention of citizens, mandates military custody of foreign terrorism suspects (unless the President is willing to take a political hit), and prevents the President from closing Guantanamo for the next fiscal year”.

Damn Obama. Damn.

Where is everybody? Still hungover?

• HarlemGirl says:

Yvonne, I’m off work, been off since last week, I think er’body else, is lurking

————————————————-
        Hey Harlem, that must be the case. 😦

Aretha Franklin *queen of soul* got engaged this holiday too.

51. HevLord says:

Happy Great Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!

52. Pointmen says:

Congrats to the happy couple, love is a beautiful thing!!

They say hoes stopped winning on Dec 31st at 11:59 pm.

54. KatMan says:

Happy new year CEO fam! Congrats bron-bron and Savannah

I’m happy for her! But I know I couldn’t have waited that long for a proposal! My husband proposed after one year and one day together and it was fine by me!

56. Tori says:

Good for her?

Congratulations to the happy couple!

I give this marriage a few months our even a few short years.

When ballers have to have crowds of people around to show that they care—–and they have strung you along for years while babies were falling out of your womb……it ain’t real.

• Civil says:

I give this marriage a few months our even a few short years.

~~~~~~~~~
      Damn @Mrs, it’s so unlike you to be a hater! Did you eat tacks in the new year?

• ManUp says:

@mrs- Wow! Who peed in your Cheerios?

• BrownGirl says:

I just logged in to say Mrs, you are a hater!
        Congrats to the happy couple and doing things on your on time table. Sounds like Mrs would have preferred they did things like Vanessa and Kobe….get married str8 outta high because she got knocked up and her parents were damanding marriage. I seroiusly doubt Lebron waited this long to propose and pull a Kim K in 72 days…..talk about crabs in a barrell.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

I just logged in to say Mrs, you are a hater!
        _________________________________

STRAIGHT outta high school, ain’t cha?

Since when is a difference of opinion a sign of hatred? Were the slaves “haters” because they didn’t want to be put back in chains?

Congrats again to the both of them! I am pretty sure if Savannah wanted to leave, she would have. I think she would be okay financially. I wish them nothing but the best. Hoes gone be extra thirsty trying to break them up now.

60. DaisyDukes says:

Everybody’s relationship is different if they like it I love it! We all have our own personal opinions about how long we would/wouldnt date somebody.

I wish them the best 🙂

LeBron looking like Pop-Pop?

I am glad he man’d up and decided to do right by her and their children!! I wish them allopathy the best!!!

Aww, congrats to them!
    Remember y’all, nothing happens before the time.

I’m happy for her and honestly she looks happy. He did wait a long time, but its not like he had her back home in (Ohio???) waiting on him to finish with all his groupies and commit to her.

Tough crowd.

She looks HAPPY! Good for them.

Happy New Year people!!!!!!!!

66. CeoDawg says:

I wish this Brother and Sister both well, and a happy new year to all!

67. Naz says:

congrats and best of luck!

68. Omar Nance says:

Well she is at least Black and she couldn’t be a gold digger because they have been dating since high school……..This was a long term investment for her ….lolol

God Bless them! and Happy New Year *CEO* Fam!!!

70. UncleEd says:

Congrats Lebron,but be sure you get a prenup and that she has a life other than you and spending YOUR money.I hope she is a producer and not just a consumer like most of these sports “wives”.Dwayne Wade should warn you about the danger of having kids with and marrying your high school sweet heart.You need to experience dating a number of people before you settle down with one.

71. SueWee says:

all is not lost. LeBron James got engaged to the mother of his children yesterday and my best friend’s son proposed to his girlfriend so Black Love is not dead. Although some want to believe it is.

72. ionnawynn says: