“Isaiah Mustafa (The Old Spice Dude) Ain’t Checking For The Sistas”

October 5, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

And he apologizes to all black women if your feelings are hurt about it.

Mustafa, who has been romantically linked to chatty comedian Kathy Griffin, listed admirable qualities such as athleticism and honesty for his woman but then asserted that his ideal woman has to have “good hair.”

Mustafa made this ignorant comment when he appeared on E! News with Giuliana Rancic

“I want my kids to have nice hair so she better have good hair. Cause, I don’t know if you’ve checked my hair out lately. Aside from today it’s normally nice. Today it’s slightly nappy”

So, Mustafa is looking for a woman with “good” non-nappy hair? If we apply the stereotypical definition of “good hair” and what “nappy” means–it sounds like African-American women might be out of the running for Mustafa’s affection.  What do you think?

Either way, I’m not checking for Isaiah Mustafa either, he lacks the looks and the interest of being a handsome black man and now that he’s really OPENED his mouth, he’s even more uninteresting.

58 thoughts on ““Isaiah Mustafa (The Old Spice Dude) Ain’t Checking For The Sistas”

🙂 LMAO @ “Either way, I’m not checking for Isaiah Mustafa either, he lacks the looks and the interest of being a handsome black man and now that he’s really OPENED his mouth, he’s even more uninteresting.”

Amen Blog Queen…Amen

“Either way, I’m not checking for Isaiah Mustafa either, he lacks the looks and the interest of being a handsome black man and now that he’s really OPENED his mouth, he’s even more uninteresting.” –>Ms. Bell, they say you never know how dumb a person is until they open their mouth. and here you have it!!!!!!!!!!

• Zenna says:

——————————————————

COSIGN!!!!

we ain’t checkin for mustafa’s ugly ass either. isn’t he trey-gay anyway?

• CoCo says:

@Ebony,
      YUP…..So he needs to be careful with all those Jewish men he keeps dating. Many are known to have “bad hair” and a few I know get their hair “relaxed” to smooth the kinks out.

He’s a victim of the white man’s brainwashing of black men to turn on their own women so they can put their gold digging pale ghost women on the pedestal and he isn’t the only one.

But good for him, that’s cool because i really wouldn’t want to go behind a white woman anyway.

5. Al-scream says:

This self-hatred ass motherfucker!!!!! His comment was ignorant as all hell.

Oh he’s a fucking ingnorant ass idiot. and Kathy Griffin ain’t no prize either. SMH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL I agree 🙂

“Either way, I’m not checking for Isaiah Mustafa either” “Lord knows I ain’t either”

“He lacks the looks and the fuckin brains!!!!!!

so ain’t nobody hurt GTFOH Mustafa…wicha dumb ass

The black woman have a strong and great past and we are way more defined than some fuckin nappy ass hair!!!! His comment was ignorant and he’s too old to be that IGNORANT!!!!!!!!!

with all the shit going on about race and our president this stupid ass opens his mouth up about his own kind? we got bigger fish to fry people than to entertain this fools ignorance.

yeah he should apologize.

yeah he should apologize
      *****************************

NO he needs to apologize to his black mama….not us!!!! it’s apparently ashamed of being a black man and having black children…..SMH SAD

“good hair” is a negative phrase….and we all know what it means

• Al-scream says:

yeah he should apologize
        *****************************
        You can’t apologize for deep rooted self hatred

Has he started bleaching and perming his hair yet?

This fool’s low self esteem doesn’t affect me

God made me beautiful and no one can tell me differently 🙂 Hey peoples.

Can we all say “sell out” FUCK HIM

“I’m happy 2be nappy Mustafa” and if you ain’t take that up with yo mami and yo pappy

I ain’t even gon trip off this post, our strength as a culture is our black men. Think about it, all we have gone through as a race and we still manage to overcome. Other cultures detest this strength. We are naturally stronger and they know it, if we learn, we are just as capable. That’s why everytime they get a chance to put charges in our record, they do their best to make them stick. We naturally dominate but they use every avenue to tell us we are worthless.

They know black women love black men, so if they tell us, “you see black men despise you”, along with destroying the family enviroment (prison), WELL, what race wouldn’t be sadder.

Well, I know better people and I don’t care who dates outside of their “race.” White men hit on me all the time, actually, far more than black men but I will date who God puts in my life. All the men in my family are married to black women on both sides. As long as the media perpetrates the lie that we don’t love each other, some will believe it.

• Cameo1 says:

Ionna,
      you seemed to have lost focus in your comment here, this is not about the black race this post is about the comment of an ignorant “commercial come up” and Tyler Perry movie minute who has insulted black women with his ignorant comment. Who gives a fuck who he’s fucking this is about his blatant disrespect.

17. Lisa Lowe says:

To hell with Isaiah Mustafa, black women were the first women of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He oughta be ashamed of himself esp. since he has a black mama.

Bottom line: I don’t think anybody is losing sleep over this man or his preferences. two eaches own and that’s goes for the ignorant too.

19. Dana says:

He’s a damn uncle tom and to me, Old Spice is the fragrence for coons!

• Yasha says:

Exactly @Dana.,
      He needs to go back to selling cheap azz after shave/cologne because he sucked azz in ‘Tyler Perry’s movie and “Charlie’s Angels’.

What if a black woman with wavy hair didn’t want him because of his nappy hair, both parents are responsible for the features of their children so why is he putting all the responsibility on the mother.

wow his ex-girlfriend of many years is black, so I guess he dumped her for BRIGHTER pastures. He won’t last.

• Gia says:

I agree Bobby,
      His career is now over in my eyes. He will never see my dollars and I have quite a few friends who feel the same way

He won’t last.
        ——————

I agree he’s done!!!!! becuz there’s power in the black dolla. Now the same sistahs who supported his azz in the beginning won’t continue too.

22. ELovely says:

This nigga is shallow, ignorant and small. Point blank. I really had hoped that most half-way educated black men had started moving away from this kind of stupid shit by now.

Hell I agree with Tra, I don’t think he’s all THAT great looking either to be honest. and I’m a str8 man saying that!

23. SoldierOne says:

Who cares what this ignant monfucker sayin….and why is this niccas opinion important anyway??? Wake me up when Barack says some ignorant shit about “good hair” on tv and then we can really discuss this shit…

this self hating coon is a danger to himself let alone his dumb ass comment.

WOW!!!!!

LMAOOOOOO! 🙂 So he wish he had hair like Brad pit and Mario DiCaprio but blamed it on us????

BullShit!! This UNCLE TOM need to Come better than this!

I blame it all on the BasketBall Wives era, that’s why this nigga wanna jump ship and date outside his race.

• Mahogany says:

———————————————–

Man, STFU that’s just an excuse to justify why black men do not date black women. Basketball wives was not out when Jack Johnson(early 1900’s), Clarence Thomas, Sidney Poitier, OJ Simpson, Arseneo Hall, Darryl Strawberry,, taye diggs and the other too many I can not even name married a white woman. The way black women “act” is not the reason, it it is because their skin is not lighter then a brown paper bag and even then, that’s not good enough.

Black men need a white man to tell them what is good or not and they want what the white man have and they do not feel like they made it unless they have a white woman on their arm. So STFU with your reasoning.

• RandomChick says:

——————————————————

COSIGN!!!!!!!!!!!! Mahogany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Omar Nance says:

Man, STFU that’s just an excuse to justify why black men do not date black women. Basketball wives was not out when Jack Johnson(early 1900′s), Clarence Thomas, Sidney Poitier, OJ Simpson, Arseneo Hall, Darryl Strawberry,, taye diggs and the other too many I can not even name married a white woman. The way black women “act” is not the reason, it it is because their skin is not lighter then a brown paper bag and even then, that’s not good enough.

***********

PREACH GIRL PREACH****

That’s ok because we were made in HIS IMAGE and my Bible tells me that Jesus had hair like wool.. so if my hair is wool/nappy then that’s ok because this BLACK WOMAN was made in God’s own image. and if he’s not PROUD of that than his soul is LOST anyway.

28. Pointman says:

Stupid ass black man I’m embarassed by such ignorance. Smh

Good Morning.

Another day another dummy and we deal with the ignorance of those who have the platform to reach the masses.

oh fuck this honkey lovin nicca

31. FloridaGurl says:

he’s a fool and i have no comment for fools.

he ain’t checkin for the sistahs and the sistahs ain’t checkin for him.

• Acquitta says:

he ain’t checkin for the sistahs and the sistahs ain’t checkin for him.
      —————————————————————————————–

lol i know that’s right!

• BrownGirl says:

he ain’t checkin for the sistahs and the sistahs ain’t checkin for him.
        —————————————————————————————–

DIDO

• FloridaGurl says:

he ain’t checkin for the sistahs and the sistahs ain’t checkin for him.
        —————————————————————————————–

I WEAR MY NATUARL, HAPPY2BNAPPY HAIR so the old spice queen can kiss my ass.

say it loud I’m black and I’m proud!!!!!!!!!

Well he’s an actor. Most of them say dumb shyt anyway.

I think his comment was taken completely out of context. I don’t think he would intentionally say anything negative about his heritage.

Denzel says ALL THE TIME that he “owes his career to Black women.” Hi wife and his mama…..

Isaiah Mustafa will learn the “hard way”