“Jay-Z Can’t Be Real With The Brooklyn Nets?”

September 26, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

Rap mogul Jay Z continues to make smart business moves to apparently fatten his financial portfolio.

The 42-year-old NBA minority owner held a press conference this morning to announce the team’s name change from New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn Nets, which doesn’t even sound right.

He also annnounced that he would be performing 8 concerts to welcome the newly renamed team to its new home at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

In an effort to draw the big corporate money to Brooklyn, the team also announced it’s selling “all-access” passes to the team’s VIP lounge. The VIP passes, which can be yours for only $15,400 a pop — will also give you backstage access to Jay Z’s 8 concerts. Not bad for $15K.

Oh well, I guess I’ll be watching the Nets from my home screen from now on.

67 thoughts on ““Jay-Z Can’t Be Real With The Brooklyn Nets?”

Trace sounds like you got something against Brooklyn.

2. Hev says:

Brooklyn nets don’t sound right…I cosign that one.

3. Ms. Kayla says:

maybe they’ll start winning?

Brooklyn Nets…lol I Guess. But I wouldn’t pay no 15k. He’s not that serious.

• Civil says:

But I wouldn’t pay no 15k. He’s not that serious.
      ————————-

Neither are those damn sorry azz nets

which can be yours for only $15,400 a pop….. Sweet baby jesus!!

I gotta give it to Jay…that ninja is making all the right moves to keep that billi in his pockets! Good gracious…He need to write a book so we can learn the bitness!

Here he goes again…let’s wait and see how this works out…

where erbody at?

Oh I like how he threw the 8 concerts in there

• Sane says:

Oh I like how he threw the 8 concerts in there.

___________________________________

He tryna make paying 15,400 sound good….. he’s not worth that much! Only a selected few can afford that much!

• XMen says:

Oh I like how he threw the 8 concerts in there.

___________________________________

I wouldn’t go see Jay-Z at a free concert…let alone drop 15 stacks so I can go see him perform and watch a team that’s like 0-48 continue to loose…

I like how he threw the 8 concerts in there.
      _________________

I’m glad I wasn’t the one to point that out

As someone who was oppose to this mess, and still cringe seeing that structure being built….i hope they suck for many years

On another note: Tracy I love ya new layout! Can’t like ya foundation though cause i don’t have a Facebook page and refuse to start one.

• Wanda says:

On another note: Tracy I love ya new layout!
      ———————————————————–

I ain’t crazy about it..too dark. 😦

Thats whats up Jay!!

get it Jay Z , make that money Dude, I aint mad at’cha

I agree with Blog Queen the Brooklyn Nets doesnt even sound right! How many teams does NY need anyway?…

🙂 LMAO “at Shawn “Jigga-boo” Z being used again to market to the Nu Yawk area.”
    He is a small minority owner (read: Mascott) and holds no decision making authority nowhere.

• XMen says:

LMAO “at Shawn “Jigga-boo” Z being used again to market to the Nu Yawk area.”
      ________________________________________________________
      Once the deal is complete, they’ll buy his black ass out…thay just wanna use him to bring buisness to Brookyln that’s all.

• KatMan says:

LMAO “at Shawn “Jigga-boo” Z being used again to market to the Nu Yawk area.”
        ________________________________________________________
        This buffoon doesn’t even realize when he is being used. They (they = the REAL Nets ownership) ALSO thought they could use Jigga-boo to get LeBron to sign with them. Then they thought they could get Carmello…

They wound up with Derron Williams whose prolly goin to leave them after next season.

• Al-scream says:

Them other owners and that Russian got Jay on a hoe stroll i.e. “Since you fucked up and didn’t get Lebron, take that microphone and go bring in some business, bitch”

Y’all hatin,
      When for now that nicca is on top, let him enjoy his moment; especially since it’s destined to fail as some of u say-than this moment should be short-lived right? Lol-no matter how short some of u just can’t stand to see this man get no shine; confirmation he’s doing someting right #cheeseniccas# Lol!

I feel sorry for people who’ll have to drive in this area once this is complete. New York is not a place to have stadiums.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

I feel sorry for people who have to drive in this area once this is complete. New York is not a place to have stadiums.

~~~~~~~
      I agree.

• BrownGirl says:

This is definitely true but Jay-z was just in the stadium this morning. They say he goes on site and is mad cool, they say he spoke to some of the workers and toured the site to see the progress being made.

Mm go Jay!

**************
      Was down that way just friday, and that very thought went through my mind. Its already congested down there as it is.

More people will probably attend those 8 concerts than people attending the next 8 seasons worth of Nets basketball games. Please!

I can’t tell someone how to spend their money. If I had big money, I would help kids go to school, but my main focus would be making my money work for me and not the other way around. Clothing, liquor, etc sells itself. I still see hoodboogers walking around in Apple Bottoms.

I guess his celebrity friends and idiotic rich kids with money to waste will be the only ones attending. No one wants to see him perform that bad… Unless he’ll be giving out rent checks and car note payments for the stunters that stopped a few payments just to buy a ticket..:shrugs:

• Mahogany says:

___________________

Hey Mrs,
      Don’t forget, the money also entitles the pass holder to the VIP perks before all the home games, not just the concerts

Jay stay makin moves! Loves it!

• Tabatha says:

Jay stay makin moves! Loves it!
      ——————————————–

Jigga making major moves! Love him! ….but I agree with Tra “Brooklyn Nets doesn’t sound right”

I don’t tell people how to spend their money so he can do as he pleases with it. And many stars do give back to the community and its schools but no one ever covers that because it’s not controversial or news worthy.

Go Jay

20. Omar Nance says:

With the way things are going in the NBA, a name change might not even matter

• Civil says:

With the way things are going in the NBA, a name change might not even matter

_________________________________________________________

The NBA made more money than it ever has it in its 60+ year history. Where there’s money, there’s arguments. If nothing was there than there isn’t anything to fight over.

• KatMan says:

@Omar, I am just saying that the lockout does not look to have an end in sight. I just hope that the players have been saving their coins.

I like Jay but I could do so much more with 15k than seeing his ass on or backstage.

these entertainers should be givng money to some of these schools, but by the same token, how many of us are doing the same? What’s a $500 scholarship to your highschool? A pair of boots..1/2 of the newest LV? Let’s be real..EVERYONE can do something. #whataboutu

• Cameo1 says:

Jay’s a smart business man & him and his wife have both said they don’t have 2 make all thier contributions public, so we really don’t know what they have done for thier community,, he tried bringing water to Africa,, that wasn’t good enough?

• EbonyEyes says:

how many of us are doing the same?
      _________________________________________________________

Excellent question!!! That’s why I always say that celebs are damned if they do or don’t when it comes to their money. #idomypart

• Yasha says:

I SEE QUITE A FEW OF YOU ON HERE KEEP MENTIONING GIVING MONEY TO SCHOOLS OR OTHER ORGANIZATIONS. I FEEL LIKE IT’S HIS HARD EARNED MONEY LET HIM DO WITH IT AS HE PLEASE, JUST AS WE DO WITH OUR CHECKS. NOT TO MENTION I SEE MOST HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION.THIS IS NOTHING NEW, HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR YEARS.

• Felicia says:

___________________________________________________

#cosign

Happy Monday Folks!

I’m out. Somebody come get me if there’s a better post, or if folks magically start giving a fuck about the Nets.

Hova is one hell of a business man tis all

I can buy me a brand new Kia for 15k, those new kia and hyundai models looking good

27. Tori says:

I wonder if Jigga cut or Uncut?

Sell-Out
    Why he looking like a political fat cat in this pic?

• QTip says:

Sell-Out
      Why he looking like a political fat cat in this pic?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Because he’s a grown man now.
      He’s not a sellout.
      You want him in teenager’s clothing at 41??

• Yasha says:

@Qtip,
        Dressing like a grown man? Please! He’ll be on stage looking more like a saggy pants wearing juvenile and bouncing around like he has a nervous disorder. Don’t confuse this public housing project groomed jerk with anyone of any high level of social class. He’s more Chris Brown or Lil’ Wayne than Smokey Robinson or Tony Bennett.

I see the jealous ass haters, with no money, no talent, no connections and no hope for the future have already started weighing in!

Criticize this man all you want, he is still doing a hell of a lot better than you!

Fuck you Jay-Z for taking the Nets from Jersey!!! Carry on. lol

I’m not crazy about this raggedy ass post we got. Smh

• BrownGirl says:

I’m not crazy about this raggedy ass post we got. Smh
      ___________________________________________

I’m not either… “The Brooklyn Nets?” Ugh!

JAY-Z IS THE ULTIMATE HUSTLER GOT TO RESPECT HIS WORK ETHIC, HE IS ALWAYS MAKING MOVES LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM HE ON TOP IN WHATEVER HE DOES. I SEE THE BLUEPRINT JIGGA!

You can move the nets into Michael’sJordan basement they still suck.

34. Qosmio says:

Sooooo jay-z changing the name of the new jersey nets to the brooklyn nets……. Thats kinda dope i cant lie