“Al Sharpton Is The New Face Of “PoliticsNation”

August 29, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

The civil rights activist has gone from marching in the streets to officially being named host of a weeknight hour of “PoliticsNation,” on MSNBC.

So the question is: will Sharpton succeed as the show’s host?

Sharpton had been guest hosting in that time slot and the ratings have risen about 18 percent since the controversial Sharpton began guest hosting about two months ago.

I’m just wondering if the cable network will dictate to the civil rights activist how he will negotiate both his roles (as activist and host) and what they [the network] will allow him to do; or what they will ask him not to do, since he has taken over as an anchor on MSNBC.

I caught a segment of the show tonight and thought Sharpton did well in debate HOWEVER, he needs training on trimming down his tone and being a bit calmer with his hype; meaning: he’s using an outside voice and not a studio voice in a softer sense.

I think maybe he also needs to get use to the teleprompter because he’s cutting off his guests before they can complete or finish their statements.

Catch Sharpton nightly on PoliticsNation, check your local listings, and tell me if you think Sharpton will fare well in this new role as MSNC’s host or will he opt out and continue in his civil rights position?

In ending he said: “If PolitcsNation is not on your television, then your television is not really on”

Go head Sharpton!!!!!

135 thoughts on ““Al Sharpton Is The New Face Of “PoliticsNation”

1. Al-scream says:

sounds like you’ve had a change of heart about ole al trace?

I caught his show 2night Ms. Bell and yes he is loud but i think that’s because he’s use to talking to a crowd.

3. DaisyDukes says:

TeamAlSharpton####
    Thanks 🙂 for following “my man” Tracy!!!!!!

4. UncleEd says:

Yeah he sounds hardcore and bit ROUGH around the edges, maybe they should rename his show…Thug Nation…

He provides much entertainment. sorry ms. trace i will not watch him still can’t get pass his race baiting.

• EbonyEyes says:

damn even sharpton has moved up and moved on, i suggest “you let it go” and do the same @Adam.

I’m no sharpton stans but damn we hear the same shit from you whenever Tracy posts anything about this man.

• Adam says:

Ebony,
        I still don’t like what he did about the Tawana Brawley fiasco and hate that he made Bensonhurst residents all look like racists, but maybe he is changing. I will give him a chance and check out the show.

• Civil says:

as a man gets older, he becomes wiser and last i checked, we were all human and should learn from our mistakes.

What gets me is he sounds GHETTO because he has ‘NO credentials’

• Gabriella says:

I have liked Al Sharpton’s show since he became guest host. I think he treats guests with respects, including Republicans, and he has really been an excellent host. I think MSNBC has made a wise choice here by choosing him.

7. CeoDawg says:

I applaud MSNBC for hiring Rev. AL, they’re stepping outside the box to get the viewers to enjoy another perspective & opinion on politics from someone whom has the intelligence to tell it like it is! 2 thumbs up for the Rev. & MSNBC.

He probably took the job in order to pay the IRS the $538,000. he owes them as a result of their lien in September 2010 or his wife Kathy’s alimony from their 2004 split. I would not watch his show even if he was the only one left on TV. Sounds like he is trying to further his own agenda–next he’ll be a presidential candidate. Another one who never held a paying job for a corporation.

Great!!!
    And kudos to The Rev. Like him or NOT, we need to hear from all people not just those that are safe and he’s not safe but i’m glad he’s getting a different look on this perspective.

I’m looking forward to hearing what he has to say and what he has to offer his audience. Good luck to you Mr. Sharpton. Please no hate language please. I know you have a good heart 🙂

11. SoldierOne says:

IT’S REFRESHING TO SEE ” REV.AL ” TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. AND TO MY SURPRISE, HE’S DOING WELL!

THANKS FOR THE POST BLOG QUEEN….IT’S GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU’RE BEING FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lisa says:

—————————————

exactly!!!! when she had to blast him she did and when he’s doing good she’s giving him his props. so I cosign you soldier 🙂 the ‘queen’ is fair.

I think its about time to have a voice such as Mr.Sharpton on a major station, Im tired of the same “polished” faces quoting campain given slogans and soft ball questions to the politians, Thank God for Mr.Sharptons strongs points of view, this will be a huge rating boost!!! Watch!

I was never a fan of Al Sharptonas but have been watching him on MSNBC lately since that is when I sit down to dinner and can watch some news. I have been impressed with him and see my opinion of him is changing. I wish him nothing but luck!

Sharpton turns everything into a “race” issue. Pulls the race-card out daily. Let’s see if he’ll do that on this show.

• Civil says:

It’s one thing white people don’t seem to understand, all people are not treated equally and Sharpton has been known to fight for the under-dog and will not go unless he’s called. be it black, latino or otherwise. and he’s always called a duck a damn duck and I’m seeing that many have a problem with that but if some of us would just OPEN our minds a bit, let go of the man’s past mistakes and GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!

damn!

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

Adam,
        The issue of race is bigger than Al Sharpton on MSNBC Boo. Even if it’s the message he delivers, it’s bigger than he is.

@Danny,
        Are you kidding us? This is NOT about his skin tone or his race….Sharpton is a buffoon he cant articulate a single thought, he has no original insight. . It is about his rants and his ignorance!

• BBallen says:

Ya’ll stop it!!!!!! Stop hating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God created everyone “equal” and no one race is superior over another. We all have different gifts and talents! The sooner you accept this the better THE world, YOUR world, and OUR world will be.

Let’s wish the man luck….

• Naz says:

I cosign Civil,

What remains to be seen is how clean or how dirty Sharpton will play?

He has the opportunity to be a pointed stick, which in a way he has always been… a mixed messenger… and the public has very little ability to sort out the valuable messages about justice vs injustice from the communication style and the mistakes of the messenger.

Tracy I agree!
    Rev. Sharpton makes a good guest on msmbc but it’s hard to listen to him for an entire hour. Seems like he speaks too loudly and in sort of a monotone voice. I like the guy but I can only watch his show for about 10 minutes

• Yasha says:

Yeah Cameo,
      My dad says that he thinks Rev. Sharpton has some good points, in that he has dedicated much of his time and effort to civil rights and justice. BUT he has also disgraced himself by using inflammatory rhetoric and has unjustly attacked innocent people for imagined transgressions in order to rationalize his cause of the moment, much as do the right wing cable presenters on FOX and friends.

My father suggests that Rev. Al may have toned down his act somewhat since the election of Mr. Obama, as one would expect, but he still exists as a personification of it’s “all about him”

MSNBC must be desperate.
    #Thatisall

• QTip says:

MSNBC does sound kind of desperate @Wanda, but I’ll wait and watch until it’s been on a while before I make a judgement.

Mm…. sounds like our “blog queen” growing kinda sweet on Sharpton. 🙂

• The-ReadyWriter says:

sounds like our “blog queen” growing kinda sweet on Sharpton
      __________________________________________________

I was never SOUR oh him. Caught the show, liked it, in fact proud of him and wanted to open up a dialogue about it that’s all. 🙂

• Al-scream says:

Oh shit!!!!!!!! get em Tra

• BigBelly says:

HEY TRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
        IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME….I MISS YOU BOO….YA B’DAY IS COMING UP TOO.

• SlickRick says:

sounds like our “blog queen” growing kinda sweet on Sharpton
        __________________________________________________

_________

Ok, ok…. let me not fuck wit this comment no more.
        wassup Tra? 🙂

• Felicia says:

Hi Tracy *waving*

• Civil says:

wassup trace and all the rest ya’ll niggas too.

• XMen says:

@slick, don’t start no shit won’t be none.

• EbonyEyes says:

Hi Tracy, can we get posts from you a lil earlier please and thank you!

Evening everyone….Hey Tracy are you really taking Sharpton seriously? Palease

• ELovely says:

_____________________________________

damn Trace! You proud of him? Must be a BLACK thing?

• Natasha says:

Evening everyone. 🙂 Hey Trace aka blog queen my girly girl!!!!

**************

Excuse you? I’ve followed Rev. Sharpton “in and out of media” for some time now. My mother has always been an advid follower of the man. And this move is not only one that is positive but it represents change and growth in his sector and history of politics. I haven’t always agreed with Al Sharpton and was never shy about voicing that. I’m fair and will give anyone a chance and/or the benefit of the doubt regardless of their race, creed or color. And if you’ve followed this blog long enough you’d know that I speak on all things, all subjects and all people regardless of their color.

• XMen says:

___________________

GOTDAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        YA”LL BETTER STOP FUCKING WITH TRACE AND HER CHOICE TO BLOG ABOUT THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FUCKING YA”LL UP WITH HER WORDS! 🙂 LMAO!!!!!!!!!

• Al-scream says:

tell em TRACE………..Now………….Good night Irene.

________________________________________

Tracy,
        You better PREACH ~~~

• Anthony says:

damn Trace! You proud of him? Must be a BLACK thing?
        **************

~~~~~~~~~~~~

gO HEAD tRA, GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!!!

• Anthony says:

——————————————————————-

Trace you have allways kept it 100….

• CoCo says:

——————————————————————-

Blog Queen, you better PREACH BITCH

• 2Thick4U says:

——————————————————————-

Tracy ripped a new ass hole into somebody!!!!!!!

Big mistake. I admire Rev. Sharpton don’t get me wrong, but he is just not very good at hosting the show. Tried to watch it several times and just turned it off.

Al Sharpton commentating? Wow
    I guess with Gawd anything is possible!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sharpton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say “something HAS to change to tip that balance.”

Is Sharpton still on the radio? anyone?

• Donte says:

DAYUM!!!!! Google it, Yahoo it or Bing it (Take your pick)

“Al Sharpton” radio show

Short answer: Yes, he does.

I don’t follow it, but, I’ve heard it.

Catch Sharpton nightly on PoliticsNation, check your local listings, and tell me if you think Sharpton will fare well in this new role or will he opt out and continue in his civil rights position.

Yeah, maybe for people who want to watch a train wreck. Soon enough and MSNBC will boot him.

Wow so many people taking their time to comment about the Rev. Al Sharpton on the ceo blog, which is “proof” that he has drawing power to the masses and that his face on msnbc will contribute greatly to the increase his ratings.

“civil rights leader” my ass!!!!!!
    This has nothing to do with his role (S) but about the $$$$$$$ This is a real RISE for the REV.

representing MSNBC. Hmmmm… How does that work and where they do that at?

Congratulations Mr. Sharpton.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙂

I’m sorry, I generally enjoy watching the MSNBC shows, but I cannot stand listening to Sharpton. I don’t want to be too insulting to the guy because I think he’s at least genuine, but he is an awful speaker. He may say really insightful things and bring up great points, but I can’t get over how he sounds. It’s just painful to listen to, and I just want to tell him to spit it out. wow

28. AnnaB says:

MSNBC hiring a man of God? Has hell frozen over????

MSNBC’s reason for hiring Sharpton is exactly the reason why I don’t watch cable news.

30. Katman says:

Nothing against Sharpton, but as others here have commented, he’s odd, or just blatantly stupid? he is an incompetent interviewer.
    For example: On the east coast earthquake; he asked a guest geologist his thoughts on how it might have been worse; the response, “if it would’ve been of a stronger magnitude”.
    Duh!!!
    But more power to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won’t be watching!
    Thanks.

Not too long ago Al Sharpton was asked if The Tawana Brawley incident was all a hoax and he stammered about and changed the subject. For him to say it was all made for him to make money would be admitting that he used the race card in the most abhorant way to further his career and fill his bank account. He was charged with and found guilty of slander and let black businessment pay the man he slandered. He is a liar and cheat. He tried to destroy people to get his agenda furthered.

@Ace,
      Damn your comment is like so ten years ago, and it sounds like it hasn’t change.
      While I don’t know the Al Sharpton that you know, the man you knew as Al Sharpton back then may have grown up. so like some of the rest of the haters on him, let it go!!! get over it!

If George Bush can be elected president, twice, I think Al Sharpton is qualified to have a cable news show.

Amen?

34. ELovely says:

Sharpton is far more of a self promoter, headline grabber than a civil rights leader/activist. This is the nail in MSNBC coffin imo.

35. Fabulous1 says:

Sharpton will do just fine haters.

36. Marky says:

I would like to know when he is going to have Tawana Brawley on his show so they both can apologize to the nation and especially they people they slandered.

If I hear one more comment about brawley, benson heights and any of the other TIRIED shit from Sharpton’s past Ima SCREAM gotdamnit!!!!!!!

Oh this will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MSNBC are genuises. people will flock to his show to hear what shocking stuff will come out Mr. Sharpton’s mouth.

38. HevLord says:

Congrats Rev…. I wonder how Tavis and Corns feel right about now! lol

Aight now Rev…DON’T SCREW THIS ONE UP!

39. Anonymous says:

It’s all about ratings and profit.

Cngrats Mr. Sharpton you make important social points from the streets of America…..so FUCK the naysayers.

41. Dana says:

He’s a Career race baiter. I don’t have NOT one minute for this fool.

My mama always said, if you have nothing good to say, SAY NOTHING at all.

*_* <———— blank stare

Is anyone else embarrassed at Sharpton’s inarticulateness?? Because as an educated black woman I am

• QTip says:

he just said tonight, he’s not going to be “all stiff” and uptight at the teleprompter but will keep it real! and he’s doing just that.

• CorporateBitch says:

some people are never satisfied, when he didn’t have a job people were still bitching now he’s making an honest living and ya’ll (ADRIANE) still bitching.

wtf?

God bless you Rev. Al ~ !!!!!
    I pray your show succeeds

Congrats to the REV..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. BrownSuga says:

Go head Sharpton!!!!!
    _________________

LOL 🙂 OK.

47. Pointman says:

Congratulations to Rev. Al *slick perm* Sharpton. All things must change nothing should remain the same fam.

Good morning.

48. FloridaGurl says:

Just caught the show!!!!
    He’s good and I wish him nothing but the best!

Show was good…Just caught it…thanks for posting about miss blog queen.

He sounded better yesterday @Tra…he musta READ what you said LOL 🙂

• Joanne says:

He sounded better yesterday @Tra…he musta READ what you said LOL
      *****
      I was thinking the same thing @Random as I tuned in. He seemed better and a little toned down just as Tracy suggested. I’m also starting to view him in a new light.

• Zion says:

@jojo, he did seem a little polished. and you know how ms. bell is, if you’re ghetto she’s instantly TURNED OFF!!!

🙂

• Civil says:

_______________

I’m glad Tracy’s giving the man a chance and bloggin about the show. I expect to hear her commentary about him and the show weekly. *hint-hint*

• Gia says:

——————

if she does, she will LOSE adam as a ceo follower.

—————–

cosign!!!!!!

morning.

• Al-Scream says:

—————–

once in a while yeah i can see but every week? hell to the um..NO

• CorporateBitch says:

—————–

At the end of every show he ends with a punch line and yesterday he said something like, “a republican showing up at a democratic funtion is like him attending a “tea party” drinking coffee” I was rollin when he said that!!! 🙂

• Ionna says:

——————

if she does, she will LOSE adam as a ceo follower.
        _______________________________________

who cares, adam is only one out of many

Morning fam.

• Adam says:

who cares, adam is only one out of many
        _________________________________

yep and adam gon still come in here n voice his opinion whenever he gets ready to…too…Tracy ain’t ban me so why not?????? I don’t have to agree with everything she post just like i don’t agree w/some of the comments. that’s why this is called a BLOG to share opinions and open up dialagoue.

• Zenna says:

__________________________

i agree and still respect you for that.

• Xmen says:

RESPECT TRACY’S HOUSE!!!!! IS ALL I’M GON SAY.

• Adam says:

RESPECT TRACY’S HOUSE!!!!! IS ALL I’M GON SAY.
        —————————————————–

I always do….RESPECT MY OPINION is all I’m gonna say.

51. AngelHair says:

Not a fan but I’ve been tuning in. Good for the Rev and kudos to him he seem to be getting better.

• 2Thick4U says:

**************************

don’t be a hypocrite…. either you like the man or you don’t.

Catch Sharpton nightly on PoliticsNation, check your local listings, and tell me if you think Sharpton will fare well in this new role as MSNC’s host or will he opt out and continue in his civil rights position?
    ____________

imo, i think he’ll continue to maintain BOTH positions. caught the show yesterday and i’m digging it so far.

DAYUM, I’M KINDA THIRSTY….CAN A NIGGA GET A NEW POST MS. BQ

*_*

54. Chef Carl says:

Seems to me like you have softened your stance on Rev Al Sharpton Mizz Tracy… WOW!

• BBallen says:

—————————–

I think she has too. 🙂 I think she like him better in this type of role. But hey like somebody said “people change” I’m digging the show myself. In fact, I think “BLOG QUEEN’S” turning alot of her readers on to the show as well….and that’s always a good look.

• Felicia says:

@Chef Carl —> are you AS IN “COLE”

• QTip says:

I think she has too
        ______________

I don’t EVER remember Tra hatin on this man. she’s criticized him based upon his actions publicly but never has she been hateful regarding him IMO.

• BigBelly says:

@Chef “what’s his name, ain’t you dat nicca???? You ever cooked for Trace? I bet you haven’t…who you???? How you know Trace? You know Trace personally? I know you don’t.

• Zenna says:

@BIGBELLY!!!!!!
        PLEASE STFU…….THANKS!

• Joanne says:

@Chef Carl —> are you AS IN “COLE”
        *****************************

🙂

• Omar says:

Seems to me like you have softened your stance on Rev Al Sharpton Mizz Tracy
        ________________

Carl, all we gotta do is type “SHAPTON” in her SEARCH box and find out! cause “I cosign” you my brotha i think she has.

• Daisy says:

@Chef Carl —> are you AS IN “COLE”
        *****************************
        WOW!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>> 🙂

• Al-Scream says:

Nicca make ONE COMMENT and look how ya’ll sweatin em. SMDH

• CorporateBitch says:

Seems to me like you have softened your stance on Rev Al Sharpton Mizz Tracy…
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Chef Carl, But wouldn’t you be the one who would really know that? Since I’m thinking her connection to Sharpton is THRU YOU? am I wrong?

• Civil says:

——————–

@Carl & Omar, it takes a really big person to support and congratulate someone they ain’t crazy about…Not saying that Tra hate him but she’s giving credit where CREDIT IS DUE!!!!!!!!!

• Felicia says:

ok Chef Carl, I see you ignoring me.

I love the show, caught it yesterday and I SWEAR it’s like the REV took heed to everything BLOG QUEEN wrote LMAO!!!!! But that’s a GOOD THING!

• Joanne says:

Yeah @Corp, I’m starting to change my mind about him myself. His new image is actually working on my concious 🙂 guess it’s TRUE you should never judge a book by its cover. and NO we don’t him personally but I’m likeing the show.

56. Pointman says:

CAUGHT THE SHOW TONIGHT….IT’S INTERESTING.