“Woman Attacks Judge In The Courtroom”

July 18, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

I was shocked when I was watching CNN yesterday and all of a sudden this woman tried to jump the bench and attack the judge.

Melissa Hardwick was already agitated before she lunged for judge Jennifer Edward’s neck during a juvenile court hearing on Wednesday (July 13). Mrs. Hardwick’s ex-husband had dragged her into court for violating a previous court order. Despite the judge’s warning that she would be placed in contempt of court, Hardwick continued her ranting.

So judge Edwards sentenced Hardwick to 10 days in jail — and with a flick of her wrist, she dismissed Hardwick, telling her “Go now.” That’s when the upset mother sprang into action, leaping across the bench at her.

“I’ve worked here for 31/2 years and this is the first time anything that serious has ever happened,” said Wayne County security officer Adam Dodson, who got to Hartwick first and wrestled her to the floor.

Hardwick ended up with cuts and scratches on her face, and Dodson got a few pats on his back.

“I used the right amount of physical force to stop her actions,” he said. “We’re quite a bit prepared for next time.”

38 thoughts on ““Woman Attacks Judge In The Courtroom”

Well……some judges………..well….

I’ll just be quiet.

I DON’T CONDONE IT, but some judges take that “Power” shit a little too far. I probably would’ve ran up on her ass to dismissing me in that way!

• Danny says:

Judges in general irk the fuck outta me..I’ve seen how they operate & they can be some REAL pompous azzholes!!

• Angelhair says:

You can always tell which people that have commented have been in front of a judge before, can’t you?

• Danny says:

Angelhair,
        I wish you would post A REAL picture of yourself, I wanna see what your stupid ass really look like.

• Mrs. Hawthorne says:

@Tamala,
        Yep a lotta folks tend to take that “power” shit overboard, and uhhh, some folks just ain’t beat to deal with it. Soooo…..

“Go Now” smh…She was lucky ole girl couldn’t actually get over there to her. She looked scurred though

• Yasha says:

She looked scurred though
      __________________

LOL!!!! 🙂
      Didn’t she, Lex Lex!

• Lexy says:

@ Yasha….I AGREE 100%. That’s why I try my best to make sure I don’t do anything to have to go up in front of one! I’m flippant and boyyyyyyy, I will get some time that I should never have gotten had I kept my MOUF shut!

Just takes the right thing or wrong thing to set us off huh!

I woulda choked that bish out too.

That whole “go now” gesture wasn’t necessary at all. Melissa shouldve waited the 10 days and caught her azz out on the street!

• ELovely says:

@Star
      WHY am I Not Shocked ONE BIT by your comment regarding this judge… And for the record (MOST Judges deserve AZZ-BEATINGS — IMO)

Just because you’ve been accused of a crime doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be treated with respect.

That judge was being a BYTCH! However…ole girl shouldn’t have choked her out cause now she’s in 10X more trouble

People need to learn how to talk to folks. Judge or no judge

Wow she had some nerve lol

9. SoldierOne says:

Damn anytime you try to beat a judges ass you’s one angry bitch!!!!

10. FloridaGurl says:

i didnt see nothing wrong with her hand motion or the way she said “go now”

• Lexy says:

if someone says “go now” to me that’s just like sayin “poof be gone bytch”

• Yasha says:

if someone says “go now” to me that’s just like sayin “poof be gone bytch”
        ————————–

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mahogany says:

@Flo I don’t see anything wrong with it either.

• Aceman says:

I too didn’t see or hear anything blatatnly disrepctful from the judge toward the woman. Y’all really think the judge deserved to be attacked for that? That’s just not a smart decision, because the attacker will always lose in the end.

The Judge was calm then gave her a warning but the lady kept talking and said she didn’t care. She deserves whatever she gets. #dumbass

@ Judge FUCK* YOU yah trick!

13. Al-scream says:

Those judges deserve crap like this. They take people’s lives into their hands and then act like it doesn’t matter. This is why most of them hide before they go home, have armed guards, don’t let mail go to their homes, etc. because of the way they treat people. You don’t dismiss people and act like the way they feel or have to say don’t matter.

• Fabulous1 says:

_Once these judges put those robes on and get sworn in, they think their arses are better than the others than they were just working with and litigating against.

______________
      Yep pretty much

The judge told her to be quiet or she would be held in contempt and that heffa said I dont care so……neither did the guards when they tackled her ass to the ground.

Damn, 90% of y’all siding with the woman who attacked the judge? *WTF*

Whatever…you go lunging at a judge. I hope they throw the book at her. (If she would have been a black woman jumping on a judge they would have punched the shit out of her.)

16. Ms. Kayla says:

I couldn’t see the video but people need to realize you can’t do anything about someone’s stank attitude. Even though you think a good azz whooping with set them straight a real azz will take that whooping and then have you arrested. As much as I have wanted to punch someone in the face I took that extra 5 seconds to think of the consequences

• Zenna says:

“As much as I have wanted to punch someone in the face I took that extra 5 seconds to think of the consequences” –> as any ADULT is supposed too we can’t be examples if we DON’T SET examples!

• 2Thick4U says:

Amen @Zenna

• Felicia says:

Well we all know every action has consequences right? Would I have done that? Prolly not. But then again we have no idea the WHOLE story involved or what pressures this woman was under. Not EXCUSING her behavior, but who HASN’T been that angry?? I think most ppl are just fed up with ppl treating other ppl like they are beneath them. Esp judges in this case. Anything can be said, it’s all in the manner with which it was presented..

17. Tabatha says:

I’ve seen some judges run with their power! I don’t know what kind of day she was having, but what the lady did wasn’t called for either. She’ll be lucky if she doesn’t get more time, outside of those 10 days!

18. DaisyDukes says:

I’m surprised something like this hasn’t happened to Judge Judy’s evil azz lol

• Carolyn Avetis says:

I’m surprised something like this hasn’t happened to Judge Judy’s evil azz lol
      ———————————–

Um FYI, that’s blog queen’s girl!!!! She watches Judge Judy religiously! 🙂

• BBallen says:

I’m surprised something like this hasn’t happened to Judge Judy’s evil azz lol
        ———————————–

Um FYI, that’s blog queen’s girl!!!! She watches Judge Judy religiously! 🙂
        ****************************

@Carolyn, stop giving us lil TIDBITS!!!!

Some bitches can’t handle their power! Still not condoning the wild bitch who tried jumping the bench tho.