“Ladies Please…, Don’t Ever Ask A Man To Marry You!”

April 19, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

I don’t care how different and unique you may think it is, in the grand scheme of things allow that man to pursue and conquer you!

On last night’s episode of “Love and Hip Hop” Chrissy Lampkin pulled out a diamond-studded engagement ring and proposed to her boyfriend Jim Jones in front of hundreds of surprised party guests. I was so disappointed to see this obviously attractive girl lower her standards in such desperation.

Ladies a man has to know what he wants because that’s who God chose to be the HEAD not the tail! Chrissy’s behavior and aggressiveness displays her being the head of the relationship not Jim Jones, and this is wrong on so many levels.

This girl poured her heart out, tears and all; in front of her party guest, while Jones just sat there and basked in the glory of the proposal. This Jim Jones don’t even look like, let alone act like he’s nearly ready for such a committment. But Chrissy got her rope and she’s ready to reel him in.

156 thoughts on ““Ladies Please…, Don’t Ever Ask A Man To Marry You!”

chrissy is stoopid. jim is only playing the role out of respect for her but that boy ain’t ready for marriage hell his mama act like she want him with her ghetto arse.

• 2Thick4U says:

“jim is only playing the role out of respect for her” -> respect for her or respect for the camera? I mean is the wedding gonna be the season finale?either way she seems desperate to be with him.

2. Donte2010 says:

A woman who proposes?? Now that’s different

• 2Thick4U says:

different?
      more like out of place! that’s like a frog fucking a dog. Lol

• Anonymous says:

not true, If you read the bible, Ruth asked Boaz to marry her, key he waited until morning, married her, and they were a blessed couple. Pride and love are soooooo different!

———————–
        Yes she did because Ruth knew that BOAZ accepted her responsibility.

But this is not a custom that should be practiced today:

Ruth 3–4 records several customs that are not practiced today. The following explanations may help you as you read:

Under the law of Moses, the nearest relative was responsible to take care of widows, including marrying those who could still have children (see Deuteronomy 25:5–10).

In Ruth 3 , Ruth followed certain customs to let Boaz know she was available for marriage. Nothing immoral took place. When Ruth asked Boaz to take her under his “skirt,” she was saying, in effect, “Please take care of me.”

There was a man more closely related to Ruth than Boaz, but he was unwilling to accept the responsibilities of caring for Naomi and Ruth—especially the responsibility to marry Ruth. So Boaz was able to accept the responsibility.

We’re under a new law and BIble states in the NEW TESTAMENT: “whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing”

dirty ass looking jim jones and his moms is real character….

Now that’s a real woman that will ride or die for her man… asking her man to marry her was a real G move…men go through enough projecting just trying to attract the female species all together… but chrissy definitely can teach some of you women a thing or two about true love since most women seem to have gotten amnesia of what “unconditional love” means…G move chrissy…he deserves you and you deserve him.

Oh please that’s not ride or die that’s dumb and dumber. chrissy is over the top with her aggressiveness and that’s not a good look from a female perspective.

• Gia says:

@ Sane

I don’t know if I agree with women proposing to men. I think men are supposed to Take a wife meaning he should propose. The idea of a woman proposing to me is a little strange. But to each their own! I believe in traditional values where the man picks his wife, not the other way around. I’m not feeling this male/female feminists equality Bullcrap!

Thank you GIA, I feel the same.

• 2Thick4U says:

@Sane

there’s a difference between being a fool or a ride to die chick! find out what it is b4 you comment w/ya foolishness.

NO MISS BELL I WOULD NEVER PROPOSE TO A MAN, SHE MIGHT AS WELL PAY FOR THE WEDDING WHILE SHE’S AT IT TOO SMH.

6. Acquitta P. says:

LOL., SHE HER MOVE WAS DESPERATE!!!!

NOW LETS SEE HER ACTUALLY GET THEM MARRIED LOL.

Thanks for posting this Ms. Tra!!! It was goooood show and that Jim Jones is something sexy! Good job Crissy!

8. Angel-hair says:

There is no real incentive for men to get married anymore.

I know, I know, but please name something besides love for a man to get married.

Women used to fulfill the needs of the husband, now, women feel the man must take complete care of the entire family by himself even if the marriage dissolves. A study stated that up 48% of married women have or will cheat at some point in their marriage so its not like your getting committment by getting married, so would someone like to explain the benefit of getting married.

• SoldierBoy says:

There is no real incentive for men to get married anymore.
      ===============================================

poor thang, marriage is a partnership and both partners should be equally playing their roles. and for a sista to ask her man to marry her, surely she is not clear on what her role is in that relationship. marriage is more than fulfilling a need. It’s mind, body, spirit sweetie. you need to be educated but I don’t have that kinda time for you now boo.

9. Lisa Lowe says:

Ms. Bell AKA Blog Queen, you always on point!!!!!

If a man isn’t ready to marry you (or just doesn’t want to), pressuring him is NOT the answer. Don’t be desperate ladies.

Let a man be a man!

10. annoy says:

missed it last night…..did he say yes?

• Yasha says:

missed it last night…..did he say yes?
      ————————————————-

annoy, they didn’t show us whether he did or not, i guess that’ll be in the next episode.

after 6yrs n he aint prose baby, hell naaaa!!! i wud neva propose. she got balls to do dat. n his mama deff needs to stay out of it. he grown n can make his own decisions. good luck Chrissy!!!

12. Anthony Belford says:

Chrissy MAD thick!!!

THESE ARE the most desperate and unattractive women i have seen in my life lol

14. AppleBottomGirl says:

I would not could not propose to man. Not on a train, not on a plane. Not in the rain. Not in Spain. Just no!

15. Xmen2009 says:

When a woman proposes to a man, it not only shows desperation, but it is an abomination. How could a woman get so low in life to do this? If a man does not want you move on!!!!

I got one word for these type of women . Thirsty !!!!!!!!!

• Cameo1 says:

I got one word for these type of women . Thirsty !!!!!!!!!
      _______

cosign! for a man it’s embarassing. i don’t want no sista running after me that’s a turn off. she’ll be doin that same shit wit the next dude.

16. Olivijah J. says:

I could a jumped in my tube and slapped the shit outta that girl. and what kind of G-friend would encourage that shit? as pretty as chrissy is and she’s asking dustyass jim jones to marry her? what?!!! is she crazy?

17. Mrs.Hawthorne says:

ok i can’t relate. these young heifers today don’t know no better! and where is chrissy’s mama? somebody should have taught her that you don’t throw yourself on no man! smh.

Don’t know what a love and hip hop is: don’t wanna know either. not with this foolishness going on.

Morn-TING!!!!!!!

19. Man-Up says:

I hope that act last night was for ratings cause watching this girl propose to dude was sad. and just to think reality tv is promoting this fuckery.

Chrissy is stoopid i’m sorry but she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cosign >>> “Ladies a man has to know what he wants because that’s who God chose to be the HEAD not the tail!”

Sad thing is many women don’t know that and will run a man into the ground to marry them n then the shit don’t work!

• CorporateBitch says:

I agree BBallen,

My grandmama always said, “a man you gotta chase never wins the real race” a man’s gotta make the effort if he wants me.

21. Angel-hair says:

I also agree that a man is supposed to propose to a woman but i really think Jim genually loves Chrissy.

Ladies sometimes you won’t get married cause you’re waiting on the man.

• CorporateBitch says:

Ladies sometimes you won’t get married cause you’re waiting on the man.
      *****************

Really @Angelhair,
      Well he should’ve been the 1 to build an engagement ring for you! The home, clothes and cars to drive but, he still cant commit.? Trust he’s waiting on someone better!

22. SoldierBoy says:

Chrissy is actin like she’s this man’s mama she will always be the one to push him to grow. So he’ll never be a man unless someone pushes him to be one? She’ll always have to take the lead and he will have to follow and that’s neva a good look in a relationship.

Wow, she’s really taking this equality thing too far. There are some things that can never be equal and one of them is women becoming the proposer of marriage.

24. Al-Scream says:

As much as I love Chrissy, the proposal made me cringe. He never had plans to wife her, and with her getting down on one-knee to ‘put a ring on it,’ only shows her desperation.

Not a good look.

25. Ms. Kayla says:

I dont like Chrissy she is Ugly and acts too damn thugged out for me, maybe thats why he dont wanna marry her. Shes like dude n is aggressive enough to propose? smh we already know who wants to be the boss!

she don’t know her place and that’s so sad.

26. Daisydukes says:

I do not like this idea that Chrissy proposed AT ALL. Sounds like she’s been having to chase him throughout the whole relationship. Honestly, Jim isn’t worthy of having any woman. He’s immature, irresponsible, silly i mean there’s a long list. I say if a man is with you for a long amount of time and STILL doesn’t have the guts to propose, leave him. He’ll never be ready.

27. Felecia Weeks says:

I understand how some men aren’t ready mentally or financially or something like that, but that’s not the case for Jim.

Chrissy, I don’t care much for, but she need to leave. She can You can do way better than Jim Jones.

I’m a very traditional person. I don’t like the thought of everything being about “equality” and “modern”. Some things just don’t need to change. A woman having to propose is just sad. Nothing cute or admirable about that at all.

Chrissy seem more serious about the relationship than Jim Jones is. he don’t do until she make him do. it’s like she’s his mother and that’s neva a good look.

you gotta allow a man to be a man.

please ya’ll don’t follow these reality tv shows cause they a hot mess. you don’t ever lower your standards and propse to a man, i wish i might! if i’m good enuff to marry than i’m good enough to ask.

• Mahogany says:

no if i’m good enough to be doing you than i’m good enuff to marry.

ladies relationships should have goals. and when you are both moving towards the same goal then that’s a beautiful thing, but when/if you’re not then somebody should keep it movin and in this case that should be chrissy. she’s playin a role that Jim hasn’t legitimately put her in.

she’s playin a role that Jim hasn’t legitimately put her in.
        __________

exactly, playin house without the legal benefits of being a wife.

That Chrissy chick is the man in that relationship. she’s running after Jim the way Jim should be running after her and when she proposed to dat nicca last night, I almost fell off my fuckin love seat.

it’s a sad day in everything decent and chivalrous when reality television is showing such fuckery as it did last night. it pissed me the fuck off seeing this girl propose to dusty ass Jim Jones. WTF? what kind of example is that setting for half million viewers who idolize hip hop and might see that bullshit as a good look. Smdh she stooped to an all time low.

32. Melissa says:

I don’t know. I actually had a coworker who proposed to her husband and I thought it was kinda cool although I wouldn’t do it.

I thought Chrissy doing it was super cute. If Jim says yes I’d like him to give her a proper proposal though.

Jim Jones’ tattoos look like dirt trying to escape from his body…

34. ELovely says:

So ya’ll watched the mole propose to Jim Jones last night huh?

• CoCo says:

Hey E,
      Jim was looking at her like he was being bothered by it originally

• Lacy says:

BTW so did Jim say yes to Chrissy’s proposal? What does she do for a living?

• CoCo says:

BTW so did Jim say yes to Chrissy’s proposal? What does she do for a living?
        _____________________

She’s a live in girlfriend, that wants to make Jim her husband. She also has goals of becoming the HBIC of The Jones Foundation.

• Lacy says:

the HBIC?? –>Head Bitch In Charge?

• CoCo says:

that’s riiiiighhhhht 🙂

• Chrissy says:

BTW so did Jim say yes to Chrissy’s proposal? What does she do for a living?
        _____________________

Thats what I wanna know… I like Chrissy though, she has a cool personality. I was rolling when she called herself a “hood baby” really, now!

Since this show has aired I find Jim Jones sooo sexxay

• SlickRick says:

_____________________________________________________
        So in other words…she does NOTHING!!!!!
        She dont have any kids, so she aint even being a housewifey…she acts more like Jim’s security….she’s hella jealous of that girl Somaya….

she knows Jim will *FUCK* that big clydesdale in a minute!!!!

35. Tamala Green says:

If I’m looking to get married one day, I’m not going to waste 6 years on a dude who wants to play house. It shouldn’t take a man 6 years to entertain the thought of marriage. Plus for a woman to get that fed up to where she has to propose, oh hell no. IMO, if you can’t propose to me in a reasonable time, you’re not man enough for me. And I’m not trying to raise a grown man. In that episode, he left her there to clean up the dog’s poop. Seriously, what kind of man does that. He’s outside chilling and she’s cleaning up dog shit. GTFOH!

• Man-Up says:

_____________________________________________________

TAMALA,

Uhhh, he’s payin’ the bills and providing her with a lifestyle that most thirsty hoodrats can only wetdream about. The least she can do is pick up the dog poop (and not to mention other domestic chores. a KEPT jump-off shouldn’t be beefin’ about shit!

• Tamala Green says:

Although I hate to agree with your MONKEY azz, you’re right about that; she’s his housekeeper as she does not contribute to the relationship financially, nor does she have a child of his to care for. some women crave the security of that shit, I wouldn’t. I’d rather have my own so when I’m ready I can tell him where and how to step off.

36. KatMan says:

I don’t care what nobody says that was some thirsty shyt, if that mutha fukka don’t think highly enough of you to make that commitment, kick his azz out, sorry Chrissy but you looked like a damm fool proposing to thaty man!!!

37. Tabatha says:

__________________________________________________________________________
    I think NOT. If he really wanted to marry her then he would of asked. Ladies stay in your lane!! My now husband proposed after a year. and he stayed in his home and i stayed in mine until the time was right. we didn’t play house.

• Daisydukes says:

I agree Tabatha,
      I understand things becoming more modern or whatever, but some traditions should not be broken. If a woman has to propose, she shouldn’t even be in the relationship, especially if they’ve been together for a long time. If a man really wants to be with her for the rest of her life without question, he would propose. Period.

• Ionna Wynn says:

The truth is, if a man really wanted to marry you, he will propose. “When the heart is willing it has a thousand ways, when it isn’t it has a thousand excuses”….So a woman asking a man to marry her is a red flag not only for moral reasons, but mostly because you cant force men to do anything…Men will always do things at their own time.

38. Big Belly says:

Women need to chill with taking over all the “man” roles. It’s a MAN’S job to propose to a WOMAN. Stop acting like you can and should do what they do. That just makes proposals less special.

“Should Chrissy have proposed to Jim Jones?”

Nope…Nope…Nope…Nope……Nope… It’s not okay for a woman to propose to her man….

WTF? If a man love, I mean really really loves you and values you to the T, then you wouldn’t have to propose….
    It means that you’re more into him than he is into you and doesn’t understand what it means to be a man…In this circumstance it is the role of a man to be a man…Hence it says, “I now pronounce you husband and wife”, not the other way around…..

Only a “girlie man” (Arnold Swarchenegger voice) would wait for a woman to propose…GTFOH!

I’m sorry, but Chrissy is whack for that shit. Jim Jones is a big BITCH who is scared to get offa Nancy’s shrivled up titts. Pu$$y a$$ n!gga.

“Should Chrissy have proposed to Jim Jones?”

Absolutely not! If u have to ask a man to marry you, he’s not considering marrying you. Move on.

What Chrissy needs to is ” POP” that mole on her damn face 1st, before asking anybody to marry her. i like her, but shes dumb and desperate. He uses her as a crotch, and if an A/B-list actress or singer came along, he’d be out the door in a minute.

• SueWee says:

Ashanti,

God gave her that mole like he gave you that negative attitude you have. If you can keep yours, why should she remove hers?

• HarlemGirl says:

What Chrissy needs to is ” POP” that mole on her damn face 1st
        ________________________________________________
        she shoulda took that money she wasted on that ring for Jim and had that hideous mole removed! And how pathetic is she? asking him to marry her, please! how old is this show? and he hasnt done it yet?

• SlickRick says:

I bet someone told her that mole is sexy. That’s why she still has it. I have met plenty of women with abnormailities (bow legs, gaps in teeth, etc) n dey wear dat shit it like a badge of honor.

• Gabriella says:

She’s got no job. She has no kid with him. She almost certainly used his money to buy him a ring. Where else did she get 10K? In the same moment, she signs up for a 300k ring for herself? With whose funds? She should take the 10k and have that globule removed from her face — it’s beyond distracting and grotesque. This request of marriage is a move that has one purpose and one purpose only: to secure her own economic future. It won’t work.

• Omar Nance says:

That booger on her face is distracting. She is so fuqqin desperate. Girl Jim don’t wanna marry you. If he did he would have asked. She is butch as hell.

• Jamilla says:

Im gonna need her to lance that shit off her face

• RandomChick says:

Chrissy is pretty and have beautiful hair, but….I agree she need her to get rid of that mole.

• Truth says:

SMH.. I Cosign ya’ll

I like Chrissy overall. But first things first, she needs to remove that god awful mole!!!!! LOL

She is a pretty girl and that mole is not making her look right all the way.

Now as for her asking Jim to marry her. IMO to me it looks desperate. Call me old fashion but let a man be a man ladies!

It should be Jim asking her to marry him! Not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She allowed that man to drag this relationship. There is nothing wrong to be with someone for long time. But at least have the man….bring up the convo with marriage with his woman. POINT BLANK!

43. Spice_Girl says:

“Should Chrissy have proposed to Jim Jones?” -> Nope it is still the man’s job to do the asking

44. Wanda B. says:

“Should Chrissy have proposed to Jim Jones?”
    _________________
    I’m inclined to say no.

If he wanted to marry you, he would have asked. What kind of Amazon shit is this?

If you have to take the lead in this situation, you’ll have to take the lead throughout the marriage. Aren’t men supposed to be the leaders?

45. AppleBottomGirl says:

Six years is waaaaay too long to be dating. If you don’t know what’s up within two years, it’s a wrap. Chrissy is cute enough to catch another baller.

That is the most dumbest thing Chrissy did was propose to him. she set women 10 decades back. that was tacky.

• SouthernBell says:

And the crying Chrissy did during the proposal demonstrates her fear, frustration and inadequacy. She looked like she was begging. I have seen a proposal or two and there has not been crying like that. The one proposing is usually under the feeling that they were making the other person very happy with the proposal. Then tears of joy, not doubt and insecurity.

47. Cheeks says:

My sister-in-law proposed to her boyfriend. Since I said boyfriend, you know it didn’t turn out to well. LOL!

48. WaterLilly says:

How humiliating? you proposed to a man who acts like a child. SMH oh the state of the black woman

49. Omar N. says:

I’m a need for her to remove that mole.

50. OutSideTheBox says:

Yea, naw…that’s not gonna work out.

If a man is not committed to you 100%, he will marry you and STILL dog you out or act like a big kid.
    Yeah, it’s 2011, but I think she should have let him do the asking.

Shit is backwards…..Chrissy is trying to wife Jim Jones and Emily just wants Fab to shout her out in a song once or twice

I hope she make him take a bath, he just look
    so so dirty and dingy all the time, but good luck to her
    with that….

54. Ms. Kayla says:

I actally felt sorry for her because whether she thinks so or not, this looks pretty desperate. I think she really loves him but from the look of things going down next week, Mama Jones ain’t having it.

55. Anonymous says:

Ladies….If you have to strip for your man in order to entice him to marry you…then he is NOT the one. Oh and don’t listen to your stupid BFF!

56. Pointman says:

She sunk to a REAL LOW proposing. Plus she bossy and has a big mouth all turn-offs.

57. FloridaGurl says:

Wow! I give it to her. I agree with everyone smh.

It seems flattering for a person, even a woman, to ask you to marry them. The embarresing part comes from the fact she seems more into him than he is in her.

• Sane says:

She’s Thirsty.
      This is a one-way affair, she better hope he stays and commits. Seems like she wants marriage more than he does.

59. CEODawg says:

“So tell me Ceo Family, what’s your take on this? Should Chrissy have proposed to Jim Jones?” HELL NO!!!! Just because she did is sad. sista don’t value her worth.

60. BlackLikeThat says:

I think some females think this is flattering to a nigga, but it simply isn’t. It’s a turn-off. It seems desperate and even defiant. Put a nigga on the spot knowin that if he was ready to wife you he woulda been popped the question. Sure, that opinion is probably completely wrapped in a traditional paradigm, but still it always comes across as an awkward moment. It’s kinda like tryna steal a nigga manhood, so when you do that in front of countless numbers of people, it can even be seen as an insult instead of flattery. I guess that’s just the way I see it, and I’ll admit that there’s probably some male chauvinism in there, but it’s just being honest. Letcha man propose – it’s a sacred right (if you will) of every man.

61. Truth says:

Okay after watching the show here’s my take on it:

1. I still stand with the fact Jim should ask Chrissy to marry him. But if she was going to do it, should of done it in private with no family or friends. It should of been both of them alone in a romantic enivorment alone to speak their issues and fears.

2. Jim Jones mom….smh is a trip.

I think she was jealous that she will lose her son.

Because why now all of a sudden Chrissy is not the right one. She has been with Jim for 6 years!!!! DON’T SHE THINK HER SON SHOULD MARRY THIS WOMAN? NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH? I think that is the most foul up concept I have ever heard.

If she wasn’t right, his mom should of spoken up the minute they got together.
    His mother needs to back off. But Jim needs to step up and be a man. Either wife Chrissy or cut her loose to find someone else that is ready to settle down and marry her.

It says it in the Bible “A MAN that finds a wife, finds a good thing”…not the other way around.

63. Annonymous says:

I like Chrissy and her take charge attitude. I think that’s a character trait that he enjoys about her. He may like to lay back while she takes the lead. Who are we to criticize the dynamics of their relationship? If it works for them, I love it!!! Get your man girl!!

64. miss me says:

Different strokes for different folks. I wouldnt do it, but seriously, if thats what works for them its okay. People are making comments about tradition and yadda ya. Please. Look at the state of humanity and tell me is anything the same. Not many people live according to the bible or go to church for that matter. Lol. All im saying is love is love. Jim cares about her. And at the end of the. day what they eat wont make you $**t. So calm down the negativity. Black women cant do a thing without being judged by all these oh so upright politically correct spiritually upright and fully flourished flawed human beings.
    Tis all

65. Don't Ask says:

Chrissy was known to be a whore in Harlem. She has slept with everybody and this is why Jim cant marry her. He’s afraid of her… trust me I know….

66. LIZ says:

I think he loves her, but love does not always equate to marriage material. We can love what is not in our best interest. I think he knows this. Trust…men marry what they can’t live without, or what they know will be a true blessing in EVERY way. Chrissy doesn’t have a mom to school her. I tell my daughter to love her life and be so passionate about her life, her success, her ambition that a man will follow her to the end of the earth. He’ll never follow Chrissy because she has not demonstrated her value outside of the relationship. Married 20 years….I know what I’m talking about. AND MY HUSBAND PROPOSED TO ME!!!