“Police Investigating This Beating As A Hate Crime”

March 30, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

Damian Furtch (pictured above), posted pictures of his injuries from a possible hate crime on his Facebook page.

Damian was left with two black eyes and multiple stitches after he was beaten at a West Village McDonald’s that cops are now investigating as a hate crime.

The confrontation started in the fast-food restaurant and spilled out onto Sixth Ave early Sunday, where Damian Furtch, 26, says he was set upon.

He and a friend had just left their jobs at the nearby Pink Tea Cup Restaurant and were inside the McDonald’s (below) when the two attackers started to harass them.

As Furtch was getting his butt kicked, that’s when the anti-gay epithets started to fly., all because he was wearing fluorescent colored clothing. Furtch later wrote on Facebook with the pictures of his injuries:

“I thought I was safe in the city I loved but apparently wearing fluorescent colored clothing and pink shoelaces really bother some fucking assholes to blind side me and hit me”  He angrily captioned the disturbing images, “Four Stitches, Thanks Bitches!”

An aspiring actor and model, Damian Furtch had just moved to New York from California.

Police are still searching for his attackers.

108 thoughts on ““Police Investigating This Beating As A Hate Crime”

_______________________

amen

• Gia says:

_______________________

I agree.

I hate faggs/homos/gays, so I don’t feel sorry for him. Not one bit!

• Pamela Sones says:

I hate faggs/homos/gays, so I don’t feel sorry for him. Not one bit!
      **********

You need prayer!

• 2Thick4U says:

I hate faggs/homos/gays, so I don’t feel sorry for him. Not one bit!
      _____________________________________________

@DANNY,
      Don’t be so mean. Whether you dislike homosexuality or not, it doesn’t mean it’s okay to attack someone and beat em up like that. suppose they would have killed the boy? you can’t beat somebody str8

3. Man-Up says:

Maybe he tried to touch the guy’s ASS up in Mcdonalds and dude snapped and beat the shit out of him?

• Adriane Page says:

———————————————————————-

post don’t really say that this guy is gay. wearing pink don’t make you gay.

he probaly enjoyed dat ass whoppin…ooh hit me there again. lmao

5. UncleEd says:

Most of these kinds of attacks are perpetrated by insecure individuals, usually not attractive to gays, and almost always gay themselves….

Gay, not gay…this guy didn’t deserve to have his ass whooped. You don’t like faggs then don’t look at em..ignore what you destest. that simple. as long as you don’t violate me we won’t have any issues.

• Joanne says:

I cosign!
      If you don’t agree with Homosexuality it’s Ok…..but beating someone up because of it is just stone crazy…

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with homosexuality, I think it is gross myself, but being beaten up for it is just plain wrong!!

awww and gay people are usually so much merrier!!!!!!

9. Acquitta P. says:

Wow..look at dude’s face!
    There was no reason to beat him like that! Damn people 2 eaches own.

10. SueWee says:

JUST DISGUSTING

..hope his attackers are caught and sent to prison get well Damon.

still hate the sin of homosexuality tho.

12. Al-Scream says:

a man has a dick to go in ONE hole and that’s a women’s vagina, when that dick goes in other holes besides that one, shit is liable to happen.

anyway, no-one deserves to get their ass kicked, esp. if they minding they own business.

13. Zion Perry says:

On another note: McD’s will probably be sued. There is an expectation of safety for the general public upon entering any commercial establishment, & it is the responsibility of every commercial establishment (AND residential building, for that matter) to provide security for its patrons.

Hey ceo family.

Don’t believe Satan’s lies that you are born gay. Repent and turn from that lifestyle. You may not be able to feel those spirits cause you don’t have discerning of spirits (1 Cor 12:10) but trust me.. The only reason you are looking at men like that is because of a demon is in your mind… Christ died to give forgiveness to gays as well = 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

• Cameo1 says:

@Rezzie, damn for some reason I knew yo ass was coming with hell and fire. didn’t nobody here say they was gay, hell the post barely says the boy in the picture that got his ass whopped is gay. i’m convinced you just like to preach damnit!

• Rezzie says:

___________________________________________

I know but I just thought I’d throw it out there just in case there are any gays in the house who wanna defend that lifestyle. 🙂

• Cameo1 says:

ain’t no fags in the ceo’s house? *waits for the hit dog to holla*

“apparently wearing fluorescent colored clothing and pink shoelaces really bother some fucking assholes”
    _______________________________________________

Why advertise one’s sexual proclivities at all? I don’t walk around with a tattoo that says “hetero” on my forehead, just be discreet. Flamboyancy is annoying as hell when anyone is throwing that shit in ya face..It screams ‘look at me look at me’….but did he deserve a beatdown? absolutely not!!!!

_____________________________________________

1.)Why did the victim post his injury photos on Facebook? Could it be possible that he’s looking for his 15 minutes of fame? He wants to be in the business.

2.) Is he making this up?

3.) Did he instigate the incident by touching the attackers ass or something?

4.) If he was being harrased why didn’t he call 911? Or bring it someon’e attention?

A lot of unanswered questions here.

• CEODawg says:

@NICOLE, don’t know if it’s made up or not but there’s def. more to it imo. Either he came on to somebody and they whooped his ass or he talked mad shit. There’s just more to it that dude ain’t telling.

• Daisydukes says:

___________________________________________

While I abhor violence it does appear there is more to this story than meets the eye.

*************************
        should a cop walk with him everywhere he goes dressed in neon colors to attract attention? there is more to this story – he is not innocent.

16. Spice_Girl says:

Hopefully the police will be able to arrest everyone that is responsible for this attack.

17. Omar N. says:

The Pink Tea Cup is a good restaurant. Good soul food in the village. Blog Queen will blogging about that place soon.

Too bad homey got his ass whooped tho.

Gay, straight, white, black, yellow, green…it makes no difference. A gang that single’s out an individual for harm is wrong. And wrong is wrong…

hopefully the police with catch everyone involved and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

19. CEODawg says:

So we’re supposed to believe that the only thing that prompted this attack was the way this boy was dressed? Yeak ok….. That doesn’t sound very plausible to me. There’s more to this story.

• Lexy says:

COSIGN!!!!!!! There is def. something missing from the victim’s story.

• Wanda B. says:

@ CEODAWG <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I agree. There is more to this story. This boy ain't telling it all, yet he posted the pictures so we can see the real of it. He need more people. witnesses, etc…shit don't sound too true.

• Ionna Wynn says:

I agree with ya’ll,
        There is more to the story and at 26 yrs. of age., dude is not a kid.

I also doubt he got his butt kicked because of his clothing? Look at how 1/2 the kids nowadays dress hell I can’t tell who’s gay and who’s not! Esp. with this whole pants hanging off the ass.

GTFOHWTBS…..If your clothes cause you to get your azz whipped, then the sexy way a woman dress is asking to be raped. This is str8 bullshit!

He was probably acting gay and someone got annoyed…they are pretty annoying. So he got his ass whipped. Wrong yes but some people can’t tolerate that shit.

• Joanne says:

He was probably acting gay
      _____________________________________________
      acting gay? that’s all that’s in the village is gays. are you fa real….and if you don’t like em, stay out the village.

Hate crimes are against the law..I hope the thugs get caught, arrested, convicted and sent to jail!!!!!!

Keep your gay asses at home where it belongs. not everybody is so accepting of that type of lifestyle. why you think so many men are on the DL and in the closet?

24. Angel-hair says:

what is the difference between wether your gay straight black white purple yellow or any other colors you are still human beings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• KatMan says:

***********************

Keep up Boo, the difference here is not one’s color but one’s sexuality. Dude got his ass whooped because he like being dicked up da butt. keep up.

25. Ionna Wynn says:

McDonald’s should have the video of the ass whopping if this is true.

26. Big Belly says:

• Felecia Weeks says:

LMAO!!!! @ I think this country being in an economic disarray, set these attackers off!!!! I think folks are tired of being sick and tiried so when they saw this happy ass fooled, they beat the shit out of him.

Wow.

27. Tamala Green says:

Peace Fam.

• Lisa Lowe says:

“Sad that this is all about hate… I pity people who hate. Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.” COSIGN

• Rezzie says:

“Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.” –> cosgign!

Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.
        ____________________________

–> cosign! @Tamala

• Mrs.Hawthorne says:

Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.
        ****************************
        –> cosign! – Amen

• Angel-hair says:

Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.
        _____________________________

so what’s the sin? don’t tell me, being gay? here the fuck we go again. how is being gay a sin you bible thumpers.

• Al-Scream says:

____________

Ah hell, Rezzie, comin for dat ass in 5,4,3,2…

Don’t hate the person, hate the sin.
        _____________________________

***************

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination and yes that’s the Bible boo. Man was made to lay with woman not man with man.

Now the definition of Abomination: something that you hate which brings us back to “hate the sin not the person”

• Mrs.Hawthorne says:

Wow @ Nicole, Rezzie gon be proud of you. 🙂

Thanks for the break-down gurl.

• Tamala Green says:

Go nicole! Spoken like a true bible thumper. *side-eye*

• Angel-hair says:

Aw some of you ceo readers, may God bless you with his grace and fill your hearts with love, replacing the bitter hatred you harbor towards those different from you.

• Tamala Green says:

*************

@Angelhair, just like you to try n turn this into a hate bashing comment when that’s not what I meant, I simply said and will say again “don’t hate the person, hate the sin” and everyone here either agreed or broke down the meaning (Nicole) and still you are trying to say we feel/mean otherwise. I guess this is your means of justification. let it be your means but it certainly isn’t mine. I know what I said and know what I meant, and if you don’t/can’t understand please keep it movin.

Thank you!

• Man-Up says:

*bravo @ Tamala* – clapping my hands, cause you kept the shit real!

ANGELHAIR, is the ceo blogger’s opposition, she’s here to disagree, twist, fuck up n turn shit around…

• Ashanti says:

*bravo @ Tamala* – clapping my hands, cause you kept the shit real!

___________________________________________

which is why we hate her ass.

28. Lisa Lowe says:

“Nobody deserves to be beaten and/or harassed, regardless of their ethnicity or sexual preferences.” COSIGN

..No one stopped this? something about this is strange..very strange.

30. Tabatha says:

Woww.! I feel so bad. & as for the cops still looking? Can’t they just look at the cameras.? If thi is true, there should be camera activity to prove it.

31. OutSideTheBox says:

They will find the guys who did this, there are cameras all over the place

32. DeeDee says:

IMO, there is no such thing as a ‘hate crime’. You don’t get special laws because you’re a gay victim.

• QueenC says:

_____________________________________________

There is a such thing as a hate crime. And yes you can be victimized because of the color of your skin, or being gay or lesbian. so yes there are laws to protect a person from being singled out and attacked because of it.

33. Daisydukes says:

who cares what he was wearing and who cares if he’s gay….some people are just plain ole mean.

34. FloridaGirl says:

If this young man was is in McDonalds minding his own business and was insulted and brutally attacked because he is gay, then there should be some kind of proof to support what he’s saying.

I DON’T GET WHY WHENEVER A GAY PERSON HAPPENS TO BE A VICTIM OF A CRIME IT’S NEWS. People get beat up everyday why is this news?

• Ms. Kayla says:

People get beat up everyday why is this news?
      __________________________________________

Keisha, hate crimes don’t always make the news. Believe that. But this whole gay bullying seems to be a big thing now.

• Pinky says:

So true tho, and why is it labeled hate crime? Doesn’t all crime involve hate?

• Omar N. says:

lol cause all gays like to think everything is a hate crime

• Kimmie2010 says:

It is a hate crime. They were messing with him just because he is gay. Hope he gets better, and buy himself a stun gun or a taser it’s dangerous out here and being gay don’t make it no better.

• Donte says:

I’m with KEISHA. Things happen to people every single day, but if a gay person gets a splinter or trips over a crack in the sidewalk, it’s Breaking News. GTFOH!

I don’t understand. Gays are human beings just like us, right? So why do they get so much special treatment? Kids get beat up because of illnesses they have. Their exterior – the way they were born. Learning disorders. But do we ever hear about it? No. But let it be a boy who likes to make out with Bob, Jim and Craig. It’ll be all over the internet, newpapers, on blimps, even sent out into space.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sorry that it happened and he didn’t deserve it AT ALL, but come on. Everyday these members of the “gay movement” get more and more attention and pampering than ever before. And this is because they just so happen to be attracted to the same sex? Gtfoh again. They’re people just like you and me. They deserve nothing special.

36. Ms. Kayla says:

What? They thought he was gay by appearance, but didn’t beat him because he was gay?

37. PointMen says:

His sweet ass was prbly~~~popping his lips and twisting his fake ass hips~~~~throwing shade is what he was trying to do. Some people don’t want to hear that crazy nonsense coming from what’s suppose to be a man and next time he will remember that.

• Sane says:

____________________________________________
      still don’t give you the right to whoop his ass!! Now, if he/she touched you, by all means lay the bitch out !! Somethings (like words) you just gotta let slide.

38. Happy2BeNappy says:

Leave the GAY MEN ALONE! GETTING Their ANUS RIPPED OUT AND REPAIRED Frequently IS PUNISHMENT ENOUGH.

BESIDES THEY DOING OTHER THINGS TO EACH OTHER THAT IS THINING THE HERD OF EM ON A DAILY BASIS!

STOP HITTING THEM IF THEY BLEED ON YOU…You Could end up a SITUATION …

39. Jazz says:

We got a gay dude at work that has announced his sex change so now he uses the ladies restrooms. “IT” is always saying insulting things to females, the kinda of shit you beat a bitch down for. And when “IT’S” shady azz gets checked “IT” runs to the EEO yelling hate crime!

THEN EEO PUTS OUT EMAIL MESSAGES AND MEMOS THREATENING EVERYONE. THAT TRICK COMES IN EVERYDAY AND MAKES-UP IT’S FACE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE. IF REAL FEMALES IN THE OFFICE DRESS LIKE “IT” THEY WOULD SEND THEM HOME WITH A WARNING TO THEIR PERSONNEL FILES.

“IT” Came in last week wearing a ballarina skirt.. lmao

• Sane says:

Damn I’m lmmfao!!!! why you calling the he turned SHE an IT?

• Spice_Girl says:

@JAZZ, damn that’s funny, see the “IT” really hates what he wants to be and that’s a woman, becuz “IT” knows he’s not really that but a man. But I would turn the tables on his azz and start reporting him to HR based upon what you here. Esp., if he’s being rude and disrespectful.

• SlickRick says:

haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa lmao

40. Krissy says:

This is very wrong but people are getting tired of all of these homosexual men in New York, kissing in public, posting ads for pumps and dumps and thinking they can compare their “struggle” to black people’s struggle. For some reason they think we are the all accepting city of do-whatever-you-want.

Where was all this uproar when Blacks were being beaten on a consistent basis durin slavery? What the media and government is doing is making us desensitize towards being openly gay, and if men and women aren’t procreating, it’s just another form of population control. WAKE UP people!!!

42. WhyManWhy says:

Gay people can be very irritating & attention whoring. Even real girls don’t act like that. He had it coming. The LORD did not make people to be ungodly like that. We were designed to be fruitful & multiply.

gay people disgust me, bottom line.

• Mahogany says:

gay people disgust me, bottom line.
      ————————————————

maybe so, but you still can’t go around beating people up just cuz you don’t like their lifestyle.

• SlickRick says:

gay people disgust me, bottom line.
        ————————————————

________________

hell I didn’t touch his lil ass.

I feel homosexuality is very wrong. I ALSO feel that beating up on a gay person is just as wrong. Wrong is wrong.

Now let me see what ya’ll sayin about it. *scrolling up*

45. Truth says:

no pitty here….a GAY Blackman is usless. THAT’S MY WORD.

I respect the opinions of others on this particular thread. I do agree that he shouldn’t have gotten a beat down but I’m damn near positive dude was simply minding his business and staying to himself, etc.

I read the post and read where he wrote “four stitches, thanks bytches” or something like that (STILL talking shyt) then, I went to his fb page. He DEFINITELY isn’t the shy, quiet type. Now that doesn’t mean that he should’ve gotten his ass whooped but y’all KNOW how SOME of them can be.

At the end of the day, be who you are and like whom you like…man, woman, cat, dog….you just don’t need to write a check that ya azz can’t cash!

this whole world is going to hell..people are so angry and hateful.Its sad when people are so angry that they let it control their life and their actions, I don’t care if he was gay or not, no human deserves that for no reason

• Aceman says:

“No human deserves that” ->> No., no human don’t!!! but come on! He needs to stop acting like he is all innocent. People in NYC don’t just beat that aSS for being gay. They probably said something about him, and he responded and it escalated from there. Don’t talk back if you can’t fight… PERIOD. Let them live with their ignorant comments.

It’s a shame if he got beat up for just being gay. But you only have one side of the story. He might have been talkin slick and got his azz handed to him. Just cause your gay doesn’t give you the right to be disrespectful to people. Just like being strait doesn’t give you that right either. Just saying be mindful. If you come at somebody wrong things might not go how you think they should.

Posting his pictures to Facebook? Really? Sorry but this story wreaks of STAGED to get 15 minutes of fame. The whole story just seems odd, like the white girl claiming a black girl threw acid in her face because she was sooooo jealous of her white features and come to find out the white girl did it to herself just to get attention. If this guy was just some random black man claiming to have been attacked, no one would give a rat’s arse but if you’re gay and you claim to have been beaten up for being gay (complete with Facebook photos to prove it) then you might just end up with your own reality show. I call BullShit on this one.

He got fucked up…. damn…

51. Anonymous says:

I love how every gay guy that gets a beat down now screams biased attack. Yes dude, I also believe that you were trading words with some guys inside the mcdonalds, and you stepped outside to “diffuse” the situation. Admit you thought your friends would back you up when you stepped outside to fight, they didn’t and you got your aSS handed to you…end of story.

52. Omar Nance says:

This was a brawl between TWO QUEENS no homophobic or racial issue here for folks.

• Ashanti says:

Gays are the most over the top and full of bullshit!! They’re drama queens. These two can settle it in a vogue dance battle.