“Singer Chris Brown Flipped Out At ABC Studios in NY”

March 22, 2011 by The ReadyWriter

According to online reports, Chris Brown flew into a rage at the ‘Good Morning America‘ studios in NYC following an on-air interview today. Brown was badgered about his legal problems surrounding the Rihanna incident. Brown was apparently upset because afterwards, the 21-year-old singer stormed into his dressing room and started screaming, cursing and throwing chairs.

Brown was on the ABC morning show Tuesday to promote his new album, “F.A.M.E.,” released the same day. During his interview with Robin Roberts, she asked him about the 2009 attack on his then-girlfriend, pop-singer Rihanna. Brown who was clearly agitated by Robin’s question tried to deflect the line of questioning, by saying “he was past that and wanted to focus on his new CD.”

“This album is what I want them to talk about and not what happened two years ago,” he said.

Witnesses say Brown was totally out of control and the police had to be called to his dressing room. One source says he kicked a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto the street. Luckily, no innocent bystanders were hit by the flying glass.

Brown later tweeted: “I’m so over people bringing this past shit up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for their bullshit.”

I agree with Chris Brown, he and Rihanna’s incident is the past and it happened over two years ago however, he needs to learn to channel that anger better in handling the question with assurance in the future. His behind the scenes outburst will leave people to believe, he’s not entirely over the incident for one, or he has some serious hidden anger issues that need to be deal with.

101 thoughts on ““Singer Chris Brown Flipped Out At ABC Studios in NY”

I’m not shocked at what happened though. 😦

Idiotic. 😦

3. Anthony Belford says:

Why do they keep asking him about that mess? I’d probably have spazzed out too – he came to promote an album, not talk about a bitch that gets her hair styled by the same person as Ronald McDonald!

• Free says:

********************************************

🙂 LMAO!!!!

however, he should have a canned an answer to those questions by now, like “i’m moving past that part of my life [etc. etc. insert more bs here].”

His team sucks! They ain’t got NO type of control over him.

5. Free says:

wrong move boy! you AIN’T charlie sheen!

• CoCo says:

wrong move! you AIN’T charlie sheen!

—–

I like Chris but he cannot justify his actions by bringing up Charlie Sheen in this mess. Calm your pencil dick ass down, make music and dance BOY!

😦 *sips tea*

7. Ms. Kayla says:

There comes a point where you have to say, this ain’t what I came for and I don’t know how throwing chairs and staring down producers was supposed to be helpful at all. I blame his mama and his “ppl”. Long as this boy been out, SOMEBODY should be prepping him for shyt like this.

I still say he needs REAL counseling and not that court appointed BS you sometimes end up getting.

He tried to play the race card with that Charlie Sheen tweet, but Charlie Sheen real last name is ESTEVEZ

• Sane says:

———————————————————-
      Carlos “Arizona” Estevez.

• Sane says:

Why would he compare himself to Charlie Sheen? Sheen is a crack loving whore loving mongerel…

Is chris trying to tell us something?

• CoCo says:

Why would he compare himself to Charlie Sheen?
        _________________________________________
        Charlie was arrested for domestic violence also by both wives but they aren’t badgering him about it – I believe that’s what Breezy meant and Sheen is in the media relevance right now…

Wow….he is getting out of control

BUT…to play devil’s advocate…

The incident was two years ago and Rihanna has dropped the restraining order so why bring it up?

Do they ever question Mike Tyson about his rape charge? Or Kobe Bryant?

Either way, this only makes CB look more like a monster

10. Tamala Green says:

*new post please*

oh and thank you!

11. Ionna Wynn says:

THIS LIL BOY NEEDS HELP 😦 HE GOT ANGER PROBLEMS… BUT AT THE SAME TIME WHY KEEP BRINGING OL SHIT UP?

HE HAS TALKED ABOUT THE SITUATION AND BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED HAVE MOVED ON BUT THE WORLD HASN’T!!

@CHRIS U MADE AN AZZ OF URSELF WE GOT TO CONTROL THE ANGER IF U GON BE IN PUBLIC JUST SAYING ALL THAT MONEY IN THE BANK COMES WITH THE EXPOSURE. U ARE A CELEB AND THATS WHY U RICH SO KEEP UR COOL U WAS DOING SOO GOOD!!

He needs anger management, not that mess that is mandated by the court, or one of those fame struck Dr. Phil or Dr. Drew types. He is going to continue getting asked these questions. Still a Breezy fan tho. #VA

13. KatMan says:

You can’t expect to be a celebrity, a guy who kicks a girl’s ass, be convicted, and to never be asked about it again. Sorry. You’re a celebrity. Sorry, it doesn’t happen that way. He gets a pass from a lot of the media (and fans) who don’t bring it up anymore, but does he really seriously believe NO ONE will ask him? Yes, everything that will be revealed on the topic has already been revealed, but “the incident” is apart of his biography now.

Unfortunately for him, he’s not an average joe who can move across town (or the country) and “reinvent” themselves.

God forgives everyone. People don’t. Nor do they forget. It is what it is, man. Smile, say “I no longer wish to comment on that”, and keep it moving.

14. PointMen says:

I think that the behavior no matter GMA’s malice intent to degrade his character and FORWARD steps was outlandish,immature,and downright STUPID! However, I still support son and I truly wish him well and that he gets the help he truly needs. I feel like throwing chairs and whooping ass weekly the difference is that my MATURITY and SELF RESTRAINT keep me from doing so! Jail time and involuntary community service isn’t for me.. 😦

“If you think you’re beaten you are”- Walter D. Wintle 😦

15. Olivijah J. says:

Isn’t today his album release? I didn’t see the interview.

16. Acquitta P. says:

He really needs some new management. Someone to get that mess under control. He needs a stylist also, cause he looks dirty as f*ck.

Maybe he should call Joe or Matthew or Brandy Momma

• Anthony Belford says:

Maybe he should call Joe –> Joe WHO? Jackson? he’ll whooped breezy’s ass in a heart beat!

CHRIS DESERVES WHATEVER IS COMING TO HIM, YOU KNOW WHY?

BECAUSE THE STUPID BOY WON’T LEAVE THE SPOTLIGHT

LEAVE THE INDUSTRY ALONE NIGGA!!!!

THEY WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER LET YOU LIVE THAT RHIANNA THING DOWN ——-DID YOU HEAR —NEVER!!!!

LEAVE THE INDUSTRY ALONE YOU KNUCKLE-HEADED SON OF YOUR MOMMA

• AceMan says:

Why should he leave when he love what he do?

• Sane says:

WHY DOES THIS STUPID DUDE THINK THAT HIS SO-CALLED FANS WILL SAVE HIM???????

NIGGA THE INDUSTRY WANTS TO DROWN YO ASS, LEAVE THE SPOTLIGHT NIGGA!!!!

AS LONG AS JAYZ AND ALL THOSE OTHER EVIL FOLKS ARE RUNNING THINGS THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LIVE THAT SHIT DOWN. EVER!!!!!

OPEN YO EYES STUPID.

LEAVE THAT INDUSTRY ALONE

STOP CHASING AFTER SOME STUPID F.A.M.E

STOP TALKING BOUT YO FANS THIS YO FANS THAT DUMMY.

YO FANS ARE AS STUPID AS YOU ARE AND THEY CANT DO SHIT ABOUT YO SITUATION.

LEAVE THAT INDUSTRY ALONE DUDE.

• CoCo says:

Ok “SANE” we hear(d) you. Damn.

Chris Brown leave. We get it. :rolls eyes:

18. Jazz says:

I guess that anger management certificate is worthless cause it’s apparent he’s learned nothing!

She asked his permission about the questions & he agreed.

What celeb hasn’t gone on an interview and had their skeletons thrown back in their face? It comes with the territory & you need to know how to deal with it. “No comment”

Chris is dam lucky no pedestrians were injured by that falling glass. Now his PR team has to some serious damage control & hope GMA doesn’t press charges or that “wet da bed” song
    will be his intro music into prison.

I don’t know what happened in that room but I did see the interview and Robin kept asking questions pertaining to the incident. He tried to turn the interview back to the release of his album and she keep questioning him about te incident. It was hella annoying.

• Felecia Weeks says:

I don’t know what happened in that room but I did see the interview and Robin keep asking questions pertaining to the incident. He tried to turn the interview back to the release of his album and she keep questioning him about it.

*************************

damn, they got robin to do him like that.

21. DivineDiva says:

Chris should have said no questions about the Rihanna incident but for some reason I believe there is more to this story. Why say its ok then get upset? He probably didn’t say it was ok. Doing him just like they did Kanye. He was on Radio stations all last week and not one person asked him about the Rihanna incident. That mess happened 2 years ago people need to let it go! BUT Chris should have just left right away after the taping. The alleged chair tossing and screaming was not called for.

WTF is Chrissy Brown’s problem? First of all, the idiot must know that being invited on Good Morning America was exactly what he got? Did he think they invited him to do a sit down interview on GMA to talk about his new album? Really?

Is he so delusional that he actually believes that he would get invited to do a sit down just for being Chris Brown? The fight with Rihanna is what actually made him a household name, has he been convinced that the Good Morning America audience was interested in his day to day activities?

This wasn’t 106 & Park <– THEY would have asked him about the new album and what he has coming up, but you don't get a regular a$$ R&B artist to do a sit down interview on nationally syndicated news show to talk about life in general.

What a dumb a$$!

• CoCo says:

What a dumb a$$!
      _______________
      Wow the same can be said for you – He didn’t become a household name before the Rihanna incident…also when an artist is promoting his album of course he wants to discuss his album., not his past!

Chris is still cute and he is dumb for this move but honestly I hope ppl move right past this shit becuz he’s right – stop badgering him about it Sheen wants to discuss it Breezy doesn’t – I think he was fatigued he’s been doing a lot of press lately – when they ask him about the naked pics he was jovial and kool – he’s over that Rihanna bullshit!

HOW MANY TIMES DOES HE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS DAMN FIGHT ITS GOING ON 3 3 YEARS BUILD A EFFIN BRIDGE AND GETTTTTTT OVER IT DAMN I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!!

THEY WILL NEVER EVER LET YOU LIVE IT DOWN HOMEBOY.

LEAVE THE INDUSTRY

26. Mrs.Hawthorne says:

Im so mad Chris fell into that trap. Chris & his manager should have known what they were in for. With shows like GMA, well hell, any shows focus more on the bad then the good, especially when u had legal troubles. They going to do anything it takes to get ratings. But Im still a fan, I’ll just keep him in my prayers…and his ass needs to be doing the same. Cuz this could have went smoother. All he had to say to Robin when he was asked of the Rhi-Rhi situation was, “Im no longer discussing that. I have put that siuation behind me, focusing on my future and my new album which is in stores today so go cop it!!!!” LOL. Simple as that, thats all he had to say. Goodness Chris, get it together and stop unleashing the dragon.

HIS MUSIC IS GREAT BUT THE MAN CHILD CLEARLY NEEDS HELP. DR PHIL WERE ARE YOU?

28. Man-Up says:

so in a span of three weeks before his album chris brown pulled a sisqo , leaked a naked picture that had the ladies on twitter going nuts, and lost his mind in a interview…. i see his angle on this keep us talking how many more people know his album came out today than didnt three weeks ago…. i say he is winning

29. Wanda B. says:

This isnt even funny anymore.. he clearly has some deep issues that needs to be addressed. Somebody will seriously hurt that boy.. Wher the fuk is his support system, i.e mother, father, people who care about him??? WTF

LEAVE THE F.A.M.E ALONE DUDE…

UNLESS YOU SACRIFICE YOUR MOMMA LIKE SOME JENNIFER/KANYE/SOULJA BOY TYPE SHIT, THE MEDIA WILL STILL BRING THE RHIANNA SHIT-UP EVEN AFTER 10-YEARS THEY WILL STILL BRING IT UP.

LEAVE THE EVIL INDUSTRY ALONE

• QTip says:

SHUTUP @ SANE….Please STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Belly says:

So now he kicked the window?? I thought he threw a chair at the window…

I dont think he needs to leave the spot light. He jus needs to stay away from the interviewers who will continue to ask those same questions. They doing him like they did Kanye.

• Sane says:

THE MEDIA AINT FINNA GET OVER JACK

CHRIS IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO LEAVE THE SPOTLIGHT ASAP!!!!

LEAVE NIGGA, LEAVE!!!

• BBallen says:

I dont think he needs to leave the spot light.
        ____________________
        Honestly I hope he turns this into a win! And gets the counseling he needs also.

@SANE

If you post that shit about him leaving the industry one more fuckin time this hour, I will fly through this computer and beat da shit outta you in your tourettes-having, redundant, repititious aSS!!

We get it bish now SHUT.THE.FUKK.UP! Damn!

• NYCChick says:

I’m leaving right now. *Dead @ LOL and dead* @ what starr said.

• Civil says:

LEAVE!!! NIGGA!!!! LEAVE!!!!
        ____________
        Why don’t you follow that same advice?!?!

• CoCo says:

Why don’t you follow that same advice?!?!
        _____________________________

🙂 LMAO

31. Dovey4430 says:

For whatever its worth, CB’s album is worth buying. Publicity is publicity, good or bad. still #TeamBreezy!!!!

Chris PR team sucks for real. They should have made it clear no questions about Rhianna should be asked…this was strictly about him promoting his CD. He needs a new style team and management period. Hell it may not be industry that’s out to get him, it could be his own team. #theysuckass

• BrownGirl says:

____________________________________________
      turns out he DID redirect her toward his album TWICE but she kept going at him, saying “people” wanted to know about it. it wasn’t bad enough to throw a sh*t fit though. he needs michael vick’s person.

33. Free says:

video is on tmz.

I’m not happy about Chris Brown incident but however I understand. I just need him to focus on promoting this album so I can see him in concert.

How are you going to prep someone who even has the propensity to knock someone in the head and shatter a window on a natl show? He better get some intense therapy before he finds himself an even angrier, bitter, irrelevant choreographer or zumba instructor with a special Rhianna room in his house.

• Mahogany says:

New team and therapy/counseling would be a good start for him. IMO

• Civil says:

They wouldn’t have brought him on Good Morning America if he was “just promoting his CD” – that’s the point that he, and a lot of people are missing.

Chris Brown is not a mainstream artist. They bring Beyonce on, just to talk about her new album, they bring on Janet, they bring on Usher to talk about their new projects – Chris Brown, Lloyd, Teairra Mari… not so much. They might bring on T.I. to talk about his latest stint in jail, but they’re not bringing his a$$ on to talk about life with Tiny and the cheerun.

• Valerie Perry says:

________________________
        Civil, it doesn’t really matter why GMA wanted him everyone knows he promoting his album right now – I think you are missing the point

Simply put if you are in the spotlight and people have the Rick James mentality of “They Should Have Never Gave You Ninja’s Money!!!!!” after you already made a messup then chances are you are setting yourself up for a downward spiral. Shoot people still waiting for Michael Vick to mess up. I say this to simply imply that fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

He seemed ok w/the question on 106 & Park though. He does have issues like a lot of people in out of entertainment.

38. Daisydukes says:

I hope his album does well

YES I blame his people! Chris needs a whole new team. They should have made it CLEAR there will be NO Rihanna questions whatsoever.

Why try and set the boy up for this.

39. Valerie Perry says:

Why do they keep messing w/ this boy about some shyt everyone is over it but the media. Ask Rhi Rhi why she hoe$ out so much in her videos!

40. NYCChick says:

I’m glad he didn’t go off on Robin because I have feeling he would have been put in check.

• FloridaGirl says:

Maybe his ppl approved the question and he didn’t know what to expect.

• Acquitta P. says:

Robin Roberts says that Chris Brown approved the questions PRIOR to the interview. I saw the interview and she didn’t go in on him at all. She asked how he felt about the restraining order bring loosened. When he said that F.A.M.E. stood for she asked who were his “enemies.” He brought up all he’s been through. Robin asked follow-up questions.
        ___________________
        I didn’t see the interview, that was all she asked? Hell, I thought she had asked 50-11 questions.

41. Daisydukes says:

There are so many conflicting reports. TMZ says nobody saw him throw the chair. Whoopi said her GMA source said none of this even happened

I am still #teambreezy BUT I don’t approve of any spazz out sessions

*ques FAME and exit post*

😦

• Cindy-Rella says:

@ Daisy, I heard the same thing. It hasn’t been confirmed whether he went off or not. Until then, I’ll stay neutral.

42. Ms. Kayla says:

Hey Family!

This story made the news!

43. DeeDee says:

People supported the following “artiist”:

1. James Brown-Domestic violence charge before he died

2. Rick James-coked out and cracked out and beat women

3. Ike Turner-Beat Tina

4. Halle Berry-crazy and is said to beat men

5. Keyshia Cole- stalked Jeezy

6. Monica Arnold (Brown)- Anyone from Atlanta know she crazy

I’ll still listen to his music just like we all still support the others.

Hey all!!!

45. Tamala Green says:

Past or no past, there is no excuse as to defend these actions. If he didn’t like the questions, he could have simply told her he’s not answering any questions related to that, or just simply left like a mature adult.

And for the people asking why keep bring this topic up, helloooo it’s called journalism, that’s what they do, like it or not.

• CoCo says:

it’s called journalism
      __________________
      That’s called harassing – cuz this chit is going on 3 years old

• Sane says:

THE MEDIA’S JOB IS TO DO DIRT..

THAT’S IT.

• Tabatha says:

That’s called harassing – cuz this chit is going on 3 years old

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sweetie, asking questions in an interview that you agreed to is not harassing. He came to them. Now if he made it clear that he didn’t want to talk about anything related to that, then maybe, but do we know for sure that he did or didn’t, or are we just assuming? Did you actually listen to the interview and here the questions? Because from what I’ve heard, she didn’t ask about the incident a couple years age, she asked about the restraining order being lifted RECENTLY.

My 2 cents!

This was all planned. No witness=no crime. He’s getting publicity.

*leaves post*

48. CEODawg says:

Wow, he’s had enough!!! everyone is still bringing up an incident that happened 2yrs ago. its not about his past its about his current music. why focus on his past and not his new album. why should his personal life be more popular than his music.

49. Ms. Kayla says:

*munching on doritos*

what y’all talking bout?

• Man-Up says:

what y’all talking bout?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

same shit different hour

• Ms. Kayla says:

When anyone get real facts on what happened and not conflicting stories then the issue should be discussed otherwise its all premature.

Chris Brown appeared on “Good Morning America” on Tuesday (March 22) to promote his new album, F.A.M.E. While he may have only wanted to talk about his new music, host Robin Roberts decided to bring up his 2009 assault of Rihanna and its resulting consequences several times during the interview.

Roberts asked about the stay-away order that had been lifted to allow Brown and Rihanna to be at the same events. “It’s not really a big deal to me now. … I think I’m past that in my life and today’s the album day,” he said, steering the conversation back to his music.

They went on to discuss the album’s title which he says stands for both “Forgiving All My Enemies” and “Fans Are My Everything.”

“Fans are my everything,” he reiterated, “being able to go through everything I went through and show my fans that I love them.”

Roberts asked who the “enemies” in the title are. “Just anybody, naysayers, haters,” he said. “I just think being positive and promoting it is what I’m about now.”

He added that he is “focusing on this album. Definitely, this album is what I want them to talk about and not stuff that happened two years ago.”

According to TMZ, Roberts’ line of questioning angered Brown so much that he had an outburst in his green room after the interview wrapped. Sources reportedly told the site that he began shouting very loudly in his dressing room, causing hair and makeup staffers to call security. He allegedly broke a window causing glass to shatter onto the street level below. ABC security told TMZ that the window was broken by a chair.

By the time security got to the room, Brown had taken his off his shirt and left the building after getting in a producer’s face. Glass workers have reportedly already fixed the window. A rep for the show had not responded to MTV News request for comment as of press time.

He didn’t directly comment on the incident, but Brown tweeted and then quickly took down the following tweet, “I’m so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t.” He replaced that post with a new one that reads, “All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I’m so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!! Thank you to everyone who supports my music!!! Key Word ( music) !!! Love y’all.”

Doesn’t sound like he was being attacked to me.

Are we still making excuses for him and his over-the-top, out-of-control behavior? 😦

• Tabatha says:

How many people defending him, but blaming Robin actually seen the interview? Or you all just assuming she was attacking him?

#teambreezy

52. Pamela Sones says:

Y’all stooopid

53. Malika says:

THe difference between Sheen and Brown is, Sheen don’t give a fluck so the media just rides with him for ratings. Brown keep crying about it so, they make him cry for ratings. Media don’t give a damn about either of them personally. JMO.

• Al-Scream says:

THe difference between Sheen and Brown is
      _____________________________________________
      The difference between Sheen and Brown is Sheen is yt.. brown aint.. America will only tolerate so much from certain folks

• Sane says:

————————————————————————-

ATLEAST SOMEBODY GETS IT.

*Off-topic*
    I hope one day Robin finally comes out the closet. We all know the truth, but she should free herself from having to hide her sexuality. She should bring Cheryl Miller out with her.

55. Ms. Kayla says:

*tea*<—- cup of who cares?? soooo anyway whats the topic or is it gonna be about Chris Brown all day. Chit I wouldnt mind discussing him if he was paying my rent and bills other than that he gets a hot 2 mins out of my day.

the severity of this will be determined by if chris brown’s appearance on abc’s dancing w/ the stars is cancelled for tonight.

He needs seriously, one ANGER MANAGEMENT! and some MEDS